View Poll Results: Who's taking home the crown this year?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A'Keria C. Davenport

1 7.14%
  • Brooke Lynn Hytes

3 21.43%
  • Silky Nutmeg Ganache

0 0%
  • Yvie Oddly

10 71.43%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 11

Superstar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 12:06

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus View Post
    You think she deserves my respect for being a disgusting, rude, immature, attacking, obese, bitch of a queen?

Next.
    That's a lot of emotions for a tv show

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 12:32

It was a really good season for me. Good lip syncs but not the best, strong cast, runways could have definitely been better but overall just very enjoyable!

Legend
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 14:31

Yeah, let’s not fat-shame people please regardless of how we feel about people.

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 19:16

You think she deserves my respect for being a disgusting, rude, immature, attacking, obese, bitch of a queen?

Next.
    Of course you don't have to respect her. You just don't have to bring her weight into it or fat shame anyone. It's disgusting and I sort of expected better from you. You can call her rude, disrespectful, obnoxious, immature and attacking without adding the word obese.
    Last edited by BehindBreakaway; Mon June 3rd, 2019 at 20:31.
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yeah, let’s not fat-shame people please regardless of how we feel about people.
    This
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 19:57

Why do people need to get bullied? :(

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 22:32

I agree that this is the best season since 6!

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Mon June 3rd, 2019, 23:20

Truth hurts, and for the record there have been a number of 'plus size' queens on the show. Never once have I commented on their weight as it doesn't need to factor in.

Queens that show disrespect and make a point to be, get none back. Am I wrong? No.

I think before you comment you need to understand the term fat-shaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Tue June 4th, 2019, 01:18

Silky was never that disrespectful though, no more than any other drag queen. She was annoying and didn't deserve to be in the top 4 but that was hardly her decision so I'm confused as to why she's getting so much hate.

Also in terms of fat shaming, when you point out someone is fat and especially when they've admitted it themselves is not fat shaming. Saying that they don't deserve your respect because of that is quite literally the definition of fat shaming.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Tue June 4th, 2019, 23:11

Sorry, strong editing to favor a reveal does not make it good. Congrats girl, you managed to slip off a 1 layer over sized garment to reveal a Trinity inspired look? Nah - Not here for that over-hype.
    I'd still give her an A+ for presentation with that one!

Queens just doing random dance moves and stunts without showing the emotion or connection to the song itself (trying to get that gag value) is not for me. Maybe I have different expectation from Drag Queens. Sure they are meant to be entertainment and an art, however Queens who are able to connect to a song and actually deliver a connection are far superior then queens who simply throughout out as many stunts as possible (perfectly timed and connected stunts of a few is 100% better then stunt after stunt). I will admit not many Drag Queens walk this line well. It being the 'best lip sync of all time' just no, never will it ever.
    What are some of your favourite lip-syncs? For me, I think the "Sorry Not Sorry" lip-sync was epic because the queens matched the energy of the song with their gymnastics.

It's personal taste, you can Silky is a respectable and talented queen, to me she is one of the worst over sized queens to grace the stage. Honestly the reason 'Drag' is on a downward spiral.
    Yeah, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on Silky. I think she was a huge highlight of the season, and is one of my favourite queens ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
    You must not have watched Fashion Photo Ruview. They disliked the runway most of this season. There were no runway queens this season on a level of a Aquaria, Sasha, Violet, Courtney etc. to keep it interesting. That's not to say some weren't great, but there would be at least 5 seasons with better runways overall.
    I actually did watch the Fashion Photo Ruview this season, as well as the (superior) Bootleg Opinions with Yuhua Hamaski. I disagree with your statement that there were no runway queens this season on the level of those you mentioned - Brooke Lynn certainly ranks right up there with the best of them for me, and Yvie had some killer runway looks, too.

I'm not saying that the runways overall were the strongest ever, but I think the biggest runway moment this season is bigger than the respective highlights of any other season. That's just my opinion, though, and I can imagine it being an unpopular one.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

Superstar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by » Wed June 5th, 2019, 18:33

Quote Originally Posted by jason2379 View Post
    Silky was never that disrespectful though, no more than any other drag queen. She was annoying and didn't deserve to be in the top 4 but that was hardly her decision so I'm confused as to why she's getting so much hate.
    Same! Silky was not great but I don't get the hate.
    Haven't been early since '88

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 02:52

Well deserved winner. I did not see it coming. I really expected Brooke Lynn to win this. She was on the spot most of the times. I really believe that Yvie was the only one who could stand against Brooke though, so I am satisfied with the results. Brooke can win an All stars maybe

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 22:26

I honestly think Brook Lynn wouldn’t win an All Stars because she is so polished already it’d be hard for her to ‘elevate’. I feel to win an All Stars you need to show growth and Brook is already outstanding; she can’t change her subdued personality

Superstar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 23:24

Quote Originally Posted by westhammer View Post
    I honestly think Brook Lynn wouldn’t win an All Stars because she is so polished already it’d be hard for her to ‘elevate’. I feel to win an All Stars you need to show growth and Brook is already outstanding; she can’t change her subdued personality
    Well, Chad Michaels and Trinity the Tuck did not really elevate their style or anything (it was already at its best), and they still won

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 23:41

And Monet plateaued on season 10 and still went on to win AS too so there’s hope for literally everyone.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 23:44

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YBncc4faE

Best part of the season tbh
    That was cute. I loved when she went out on the streets to drum up support.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
    Well, Chad Michaels and Trinity the Tuck did not really elevate their style or anything (it was already at its best), and they still won
    Agreed. And since BLH is better than them both, she totally has all the tools necessary to win AS. It'd be fun to see her face off against Shae.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 14:05

I really do not like this 'been in one season and now I'm in All Stars' that has been happening. I just started season 7 and literally know next to none of the queens. A lot of these queens just use all stars to strengthen their Instagram following rather than developing anything. Monet did pretty much the same. Monique was pretty much the same.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 14:08

^ to be fair in Monet and Monique‘s case it‘s not their fault. Apparently they sign a one year contract when they got on their season so if they get called for the AS right next to their season they kinda have to take part. At least that‘s what I read several times.

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 19:52

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    ^ to be fair in Monet and Monique‘s case it‘s not their fault. Apparently they sign a one year contract when they got on their season so if they get called for the AS right next to their season they kinda have to take part. At least that‘s what I read several times.

Oh really? That is interesting!
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 16:02

Honestly it's criminal that Vanjie was eliminated for the Queens Everywhere challenge. Her verse is one of (if not) the best. I get she kinda screwed her part in the video but Silky was so much worse. Ugh.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

by » Sun July 14th, 2019, 16:15

Honestly it's criminal that Vanjie was eliminated for the Queens Everywhere challenge. Her verse is one of (if not) the best. I get she kinda screwed her part in the video but Silky was so much worse. Ugh.
    This!
    Haven't been early since '88

by » Tue July 16th, 2019, 09:58

i know right
    Forever Young