Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey - The #1's Tour

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Mon August 20th, 2018, 18:55

Good news then.

She should visit South America and Australia & New Zealand first to compensate for cancellations imo.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Tue August 21st, 2018, 02:16

I think she needs to try smaller venues here, Rod Laver Arena seats 16,000 people, no way in 2018 Mariah can fill that, she’s not really a thing here anymore.

Legend
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

by » Fri August 24th, 2018, 18:31

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokguy15
    I think she needs to try smaller venues here, Rod Laver Arena seats 16,000 people, no way in 2018 Mariah can fill that, she’s not really a thing here anymore.

2013 - 13,371 / 13,371 - $2,501,820 - Sydney
    2013 - 12,482 / 19,000 - $2,361,376 - Melbourne
    2014 - 5,744 / 6,847 - $642,148 - Melbourne
    2014 - 4,509 / 12,000 - $324,481 - Yarra Valley
    2014 - 7,523 / 7,772 - $994,219 - Sydney
    2014 - 6,071 / 11,000 - $605,781 - Brisbane
    2014 - 7,294 / 8,000 - $860,376 - Auckland

Those have been her latest performances in Australia / NZ

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Fri September 28th, 2018, 05:09

She did Charmbracelet World Tour: An Intimate Evening with Mariah Carey and it did well for her brand. She does not need to compete with Madonna or Celine (well, attendance-wise, she obviously won't be able to come close in the first place) in terms of having sell out shows. She needs to cater to as many fans as possible by letting them know that she is still around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 04:41

Is there any chance for South American dates? :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 07:53

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    She needs to cater to as many fans as possible by letting them know that she is still around.
    She’s been doing that since 2014. She’s toured the world. And she’s about to do the same again.

And just for the people like Ewok who claimed the Oz shows were cancelled cause the ticket sales were poor, they were cancelled as Mariah is launching her album’s lead single, performing at the AMA’s. So it was a scheduling conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirano
    Is there any chance for South American dates? :-?
    There are mutterings of a world tour to support the new album so I do think she might try to go to South America especially after what happened the last time.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 08:16

When it's actually a "scheduling" issue artists tend to reschedule. You just have to look at the numbers Stevvy provided above to realise her fan base isn't what it used to be here.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 08:44

When it's actually a "scheduling" issue artists tend to reschedule. You just have to look at the numbers Stevvy provided above to realise her fan base isn't what it used to be here.
    The likelihood is she’ll reschedule when a world tour is announced to support the new album. Keep reaching though.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 09:01

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon
    The likelihood is she’ll reschedule when a world tour is announced to support the new album. Keep reaching though.
    Reaching?

Guess we will see.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 09:13

Didn't she win the lawsuit (or something else, don't know the exact term) versus promoters in South America?

But she should visit there to win her fans back, whether it's not her fault or not, tour cancellations always leave a bitter taste in fans mouths.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat September 29th, 2018, 10:07

Maybe the finalized (and now canceled) Aussie dates were still booked from the time she was still with Stella? Only she or her management can shed light to that issue.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Thu October 25th, 2018, 01:00

This is it! The Queen has arrived!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri October 26th, 2018, 09:25

I'm glad she is touring Asia. Who cares about the other side where her team canceled twice?

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Fri October 26th, 2018, 09:31

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheDopeToast
    I'm glad she is touring Asia. Who cares about the other side where her team canceled twice?
    You mean South America? Most of artists get their biggest box office gross from South America, Brazil especially. I'd say they are as loyal as Asian fanbases.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Fri October 26th, 2018, 10:02

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    You mean South America? Most of artists get their biggest box office gross from South America, Brazil especially. I'd say they are as loyal as Asian fanbases.
    Oceania. It was unfortunate for SA though. She has to at least make an effort to tour Brazil.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 10:15

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Oceania. It was unfortunate for SA though. She has to at least make an effort to tour Brazil.
    Yeah, Brazil stans hard for their faves and they are very loyal. Actually most Latin American fanbases are loyal. Mariah just needs to make them happy.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 15:03

If I were to recall my very first memory of Mariah, it would be in 1992, that would be 26 years ago! I still cannot believe I was experiencing such a moment like that. She was also attempting to sing the old hits the way she used to perform it, she was seriously determined to put a great show for the fans.

I still cannot believe I saw her live and up close last night. She was so happy and confident. I enjoyed her presence, she was so gracious to the fans, she was so comfortable and she had so much stage presence. Videos don't give justice to how she connects to her audience.

I was so impressed with the simple production for the show. She looked so respectable and classy. The campy days of having her lifted by her dancers in a sofa or those ridiculous moments where she has her legs accentuated by her dancers with her comedic poses are gone.

One thing that I observed is that she is more passionate in performing now more than ever, the focus was on her vocals, as much as she looked glamorous and dolled up for the show. She even asked permission if she can have her glam team fix her on stage, since she got caught in traffic and wanted to get the show started sooner.

I was so happy with the set list. I didn't look at the set list from previous Asian shows since I wanted to be surprised with the order. I was shocked that she did the big vocal songs one after the other, it was a perfect set list for a casual fan. The song that didn't stand out as much was the "Love Hangover/Heartbreaker" medley, I feel like it was the only song people weren't that crazy about, it should have been replaced by a more recent single ("Obsessed" would have been great since there was no song off Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that was performed).

"With You" translated well live, I have already grown to love the song after listening to it many times, but it was even better in the concert. There were lots of lambs singing along to it. The fan opportunity to hang out with Mariah was also a special moment. Mariah has many die-hard fans, it's great that this part is brought back again.

The concert ended after one hour, it was such a short show but considering how she belted her biggest hits one after the other, it was enough and it was worth it.

Manila Set List:
    01. Fly Away/Butterfly Reprise (Intro)
    02. Honey
    03. Shake It Off
    04. Make It Happen
    05. Sweetheart/Loverboy/Dreamlover (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
    06. Fantasy (Bad Boy Fantasy Remix)
    07. Always Be My Baby
    08. Vision of Love
    09. Emotions
    10. Band Introduction (by Trey Lorenz)
    11. #Beautiful
    12. One Sweet Day
    13. Can't Let Go (Fan-voted song for the concert)
    14. With You
    15. My All
    16. Migrate/I'm That Chick (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
    17. It's Like That
    18. Love Hangover/Heartbreaker
    19. Touch My Body (Fan moment)
    20. We Belong Together
    21. We Belong Together (Remix) (Outro)
    22. Hero (Encore)

Legend
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 15:05

Pleased you had fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 16:18

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    If I were to recall my very first memory of Mariah, it would be in 1992, that would be 26 years ago! I still cannot believe I was experiencing such a moment like that. She was also attempting to sing the old hits the way she used to perform it, she was seriously determined to put a great show for the fans.

I still cannot believe I saw her live and up close last night. She was so happy and confident. I enjoyed her presence, she was so gracious to the fans, she was so comfortable and she had so much stage presence. Videos don't give justice to how she connects to her audience.

I was so impressed with the simple production for the show. She looked so respectable and classy. The campy days of having her lifted by her dancers in a sofa or those ridiculous moments where she has her legs accentuated by her dancers with her comedic poses are gone.

One thing that I observed is that she is more passionate in performing now more than ever, the focus was on her vocals, as much as she looked glamorous and dolled up for the show. She even asked permission if she can have her glam team fix her on stage, since she got caught in traffic and wanted to get the show started sooner.

I was so happy with the set list. I didn't look at the set list from previous Asian shows since I wanted to be surprised with the order. I was shocked that she did the big vocal songs one after the other, it was a perfect set list for a casual fan. The song that didn't stand out as much was the "Love Hangover/Heartbreaker" medley, I feel like it was the only song people weren't that crazy about, it should have been replaced by a more recent single ("Obsessed" would have been great since there was no song off Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that was performed).

"With You" translated well live, I have already grown to love the song after listening to it many times, but it was even better in the concert. There were lots of lambs singing along to it. The fan opportunity to hang out with Mariah was also a special moment. Mariah has many die-hard fans, it's great that this part is brought back again.

The concert ended after one hour, it was such a short show but considering how she belted her biggest hits one after the other, it was enough and it was worth it.

Manila Set List:
    01. Fly Away/Butterfly Reprise (Intro)
    02. Honey
    03. Shake It Off
    04. Make It Happen
    05. Sweetheart/Loverboy/Dreamlover (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
    06. Fantasy (Bad Boy Fantasy Remix)
    07. Always Be My Baby
    08. Vision of Love
    09. Emotions
    10. Band Introduction (by Trey Lorenz)
    11. #Beautiful
    12. One Sweet Day
    13. Can't Let Go (Fan-voted song for the concert)
    14. With You
    15. My All
    16. Migrate/I'm That Chick (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
    17. It's Like That
    18. Love Hangover/Heartbreaker
    19. Touch My Body (Fan moment)
    20. We Belong Together
    21. We Belong Together (Remix) (Outro)
    22. Hero (Encore)
    I think we can all agree she doesn't need those campy stuffs. You sure had a great night!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 00:31

I attended the show as well. It was my second Mariah concert (1st being the Charmbracelet Tour in 03).

I enjoyed it considering how stressed I was at work few hours before the show. But it's kind of sad tho that almost half of the venue was empty. The same happened in the TECS Tour in 14. And she didn't occupy the entire coliseum. Philippines has always been her market, but it doesn't always reflect in her concerts.
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 15:39

The venue was not half empty, it wasn't a 100% sold out show but there were a lot of people there.

Legend
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 15:39

The venue was not half empty, it wasn't a 100% sold out show but there were a lot of people there.

Legend
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 15:48

Looked pretty decent to me (not 100% sold out but mostly full):

I believe that was the Manilla show?

Hopefully we'll get some boxscores soon!

Legend
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 21:38

There one stable in all of her career over the past 20 years... it is the devotion by the Phillippines. It all started with Through The Rain and it lasted ever since. I love it.

But Mariah should really also consider touring in Brazil and Argentina. Brazil especially is a very loyal market for her.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 21:48

It probably depends on where you're seated I guess. In my section, the view of the crowd was kind of underwhelming.

But anyway it was a fun show, albeit very short. She looked smokin'!
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time