User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 178

Thread: UK-USA-DE: Audio-Chart-History - added:Roxette + Moody Blues

  1. #51
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 28-06-18, 05:27

    Quote Originally Posted by josecharts
    Hi! thank you very much. I LOVE The Kelly Family and Rednex
    Hi José, you're welcome.

    If you (or any other user) have any wishes or suggestions - let me know.

    Volker

  2. #52
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    12 Feb 2004
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    2,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-07-18, 21:39

    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    Quote Originally Posted by josecharts
    Hi! thank you very much. I LOVE The Kelly Family and Rednex
    Hi José, you're welcome.

    If you (or any other user) have any wishes or suggestions - let me know.

    Volker
    Blümchen
    Modern Talking

    would be cool

  3. #53

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2017
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 03-07-18, 23:19

    D.A.F. was popular on my local college station in the early 80s. Would be interesting to see how they did at home in Germany on the charts.

  4. #54
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-07-18, 04:41

    @josecharts & chartaholic:

    I will add these artists today.

    @chartaholic: Do you have already the login-data?

    Have a nice day!

    Volker

  5. #55
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-07-18, 05:48

    Hi,

    Modern Talking
    Bluemchen
    DAF (Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft)


    These requested chartruns are added to my website http://www.hits-100.de
    Hope you like it!

    Volker

  6. #56

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2017
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 04-07-18, 07:16

    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    Hi,

    Modern Talking
    Bluemchen
    DAF (Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft)


    These requested chartruns are added to my website http://www.hits-100.de
    Hope you like it!

    Volker
    Thanks very much! Very fast!

    I am a bit surprised at the result and the small chart success there.

  7. #57
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 08-07-18, 07:49

    I have added chart-history for SWEET Singles DE-UK-US with soundclips.

    Have a look!

  8. #58

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2017
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-07-18, 02:59

    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    I have added chart-history for SWEET Singles DE-UK-US with soundclips.

    Have a look!
    Six consecutive #1s in Germany! Impressive

    Love is Like Oxygen (sadly not a #1) remains still in my all-time Top 20 songs.

    Any particular known reason for their huge success in Germany? They were big in the UK, their home country but this is a whole other level of success.

  9. #59
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-07-18, 07:44

    Quote Originally Posted by Chartaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    I have added chart-history for SWEET Singles DE-UK-US with soundclips.

    Have a look!
    Six consecutive #1s in Germany! Impressive

    Love is Like Oxygen (sadly not a #1) remains still in my all-time Top 20 songs.

    Any particular known reason for their huge success in Germany? They were big in the UK, their home country but this is a whole other level of success.
    In the seventies Sweet were together with Abba, Smokie and Boney M. the artists who dominated the German single-charts. All theircharts-histories can be found very soon on my page.

    If I remember correcty (I was about 18-20 yrs at that time) this kind of music was very popular on parties and on TV-shows (Disco). These four bands had a similar kind of music which created a happy feeling without complicated lyrics. But this is only my point of view.

  10. #60
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  11. #61

    Join Date
    17 Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-07-18, 17:34

    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    Quote Originally Posted by Chartaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by vdoerken
    I have added chart-history for SWEET Singles DE-UK-US with soundclips.

    Have a look!
    Six consecutive #1s in Germany! Impressive

    Love is Like Oxygen (sadly not a #1) remains still in my all-time Top 20 songs.

    Any particular known reason for their huge success in Germany? They were big in the UK, their home country but this is a whole other level of success.
    In the seventies Sweet were together with Abba, Smokie and Boney M. the artists who dominated the German single-charts. All theircharts-histories can be found very soon on my page.

    If I remember correcty (I was about 18-20 yrs at that time) this kind of music was very popular on parties and on TV-shows (Disco). These four bands had a similar kind of music which created a happy feeling without complicated lyrics. But this is only my point of view.
    VOLKER!! No complicated lyrics??? Deeply philosophical lyrics close to spiritual abyss. Only H.P. Baxxter and Scooter came close to them. The Sweet gave answers to questions no one ever dared to ask:

    Ho-chi-ka-ka-ho Co-Co….

    And it's so funny, funny what you do honey, honey…

    Wig-wam bam, gonna make you my man
    Wam bam bam, gonna get you if I can
    Wig-wam bam, wanna make you understand
    Try a little touch, try a little too much
    Just try a little wig-wam bam

    Little Willy, Willy won't go home
    Little Willy, Willy won't go home
    But you can't push Willy round
    Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
    Little Willy, Willy won't go home

    Poppa rumbo, rumbo
    Hey Poppa Joe coconut
    Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
    Poppa rumbo, rumbo
    Hey Poppa Joe coconut

  12. #62
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 10-07-18, 17:44

    Of course - you are right. I have to learn to read between the lines.

    But I think the German schlager-hits of that time (starting with 1957) were even a lot more philosophical.

    On the page by AREMRYS on Youtube you can listen to all chart-entries from 1957 on. It's sometimes very funny and very often - I don't know the English word for "fremdschämen".

    But I'm sure you know what I mean.

    Any suggestions for the next acoustique chart-history?

  13. #63

    Join Date
    29 Aug 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-07-18, 17:22

    I enjoy your video chart history, too, but I got a question about your current chart: UK is missing, just for this week or from now on completely?

  14. #64
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 16-07-18, 05:22

    Quote Originally Posted by monzo
    I enjoy your video chart history, too, but I got a question about your current chart: UK is missing, just for this week or from now on completely?
    These charts will also be presented in the future. Last weeks chart will be added soon.

    Volker

  15. #65
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 20-07-18, 17:39

    Take a journey throu an artist`s singles-chart-history:

    http://www.hits-100.de/index.php/chart- ... -aksutisch

    More videos will follow!

    Enjoy it.

    Volker

  16. #66

    Join Date
    29 Aug 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 21-07-18, 16:48

    Were there ever official East Germany charts for singles and albums? If so, is there a chart archive for it somewhere?

  17. #67

    Join Date
    17 Nov 2010
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 21-07-18, 20:49

    Quote Originally Posted by monzo
    Were there ever official East Germany charts for singles and albums? If so, is there a chart archive for it somewhere?
    There were no sales charts, only radio chart lists which were added to year end charts.

  18. #68
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-07-18, 05:12

    More videos are avalable:

    For example: Genesis ELO Carpenters EAV

  19. #69
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Jan 2004
    Location
    On The Internet
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-07-18, 06:40

    Hi, I’ve merged the two topics discussing this website as both deal with the same ideas/thoughts. Please make sure that new threads are started for entirely new ideas rather than for the same idea.
    http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!

  20. #70
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-07-18, 06:49

    Hi Lonnie,

    I started different topics because the first one only was focussed on the German charts.
    The second one shows chart-histories for singles in Germany, UK and the USA. So there could have been a different target-audience (I hope this expression is correct :-))

    Maybe you can change the headline to reflect both topics. Reading the current heading it may be ignored by readers not interested in German charts. But I think the chart-histories is an interesting subject for all charts-freaks.

    Thanks and have a nice day!
    Greetings from Germany!
    Volker

  21. #71
    Superstar
    Join Date
    08 Jan 2004
    Location
    On The Internet
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 25-07-18, 07:48

    Done. You can also, for your information only, edit the titles yourself by editing the first post in a thread you created. Hope that information is of use to you.
    http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!

  22. #72

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2017
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-07-18, 00:58

    Volker

    May I request the band Saga.

    They were a Canadian Band that had far more success overseas (UK, Europe/Germany) than at home. Or so all the reports go, so it would be interesting to see what chart success that translates to.

    Thanks

  23. #73
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-07-18, 03:46

    Quote Originally Posted by Chartaholic
    Volker

    May I request the band Saga.

    They were a Canadian Band that had far more success overseas (UK, Europe/Germany) than at home. Or so all the reports go, so it would be interesting to see what chart success that translates to.

    Thanks
    I will do it over the weekend!

    Volker

  24. #74
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  25. #75
    Roadie
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2001
    Location
    Wuppertal, Germany
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 27-07-18, 17:29

    Quote Originally Posted by Chartaholic
    Volker

    May I request the band Saga.

    They were a Canadian Band that had far more success overseas (UK, Europe/Germany) than at home. Or so all the reports go, so it would be interesting to see what chart success that translates to.

    Thanks
    Hi,

    you can find the chartrun on my website or directly with this link:

    http://www.hits-100.de/pdf/ch_de_xxl_saga.pdf

    Note: Head or Tales reached #92 in the USA, Behaviour #87.

    I still have to complete the positions 51 - 100/200 for the the time before 1999.

    Hope it helps you - any other artists you want to analyse?

    Have a nice weekend.

    Volker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •