Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354
Results 8,826 to 8,831 of 8831

Thread: Madonna :: The "Madame X" Era

by » Today, 12:07

Madame X era Youtube update (all videos including audio uploads)

Medellin 39,958,404
    Medellin (Live) 13,887,700
    Medellin 12,867,274
    Eurovision (Future Live) 9,557,963
    Faz Gostoso 8,121,668
    God Control 5,613,619
    Crave 5,038,566
    Dark Ballet 3,591,083
    I Rise 2,905,471
    Batuka 2,883,371
    Future 2,327,379
    Crave 2,230,054
    Crazy 798,040
    Bitch I'm Loca 723,612
    I Don't Search I Find 639,487
    Killers Who Are Partying 623,961
    Looking For Mercy 571,692
    Extreme Occident 535,758
    Come Alive 500,581

Total: 113,375,683

Its a pity she did not do more live performances, her both live performances gained much more views than her music videos which is weird. Medellin actually did very great if we count together the views of audio, video and live performance it is around 65 million. However the fall to Crave and God Control which are stuck at 5 million views is shocking to me and I dont understand it.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Today, 15:17

I am a hardcore fan and I only watched those videos one or twice.

God Control is interesting, but it is more a short film, where the song is barely heard, than a music video itself. The song has a weird element all over it, with gunshots and a huge choir, and I think it was never meant to be a Youtube hit.

Crave... I love the song but the video has a boring intro and nothing really happens through the whole video. I mean everything is beautiful etc, but I think they didn't work for the "replay value" this time.

Look at Dark Ballet, it's my favorite video this era and Madonna only appears 2 seconds on it.

The general public was never going to eat Dark Ballet or God Control... Maybe if Faz Gostoso had been the second single or the second instant grat... But we will never know.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by » Today, 15:18

Quote Originally Posted by browlowkid View Post
    Madame X era Youtube update (all videos including audio uploads)

Its a pity she did not do more live performances, her both live performances gained much more views than her music videos which is weird. Medellin actually did very great if we count together the views of audio, video and live performance it is around 65 million. However the fall to Crave and God Control which are stuck at 5 million views is shocking to me and I dont understand it.
    Cause she didn't promote and she's not 30 years old to have some streaming power even without promo. They prefered to promote the new era through MTV ads, than some Spotify/YouTube adds and promo. I think Medellin and Faz Gostoto could easily be summer hits and boost her views. Crave and Future could chart too. The era got wasted. And i don't believe that the didn't care for charts and success at this era, but just the message. She worked with those pople for a reason, and they didn't take advantage of this.
    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

by » Today, 16:52

Medellín didn't do "great".... it did horrible for Maluma's standards. Any of his songs featuring a random female latin singer can achieve that in just weeks (days, even). "La respuesta" by Becky G was released days later, has 232 million of views and it still is considered an underperformance
    Last edited by babyshower; Today at 16:56.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Today, 17:39

Agreed. Most of us accepted the commercial direction Madonna's records are heading into, but calling a song's chart performance great when it didn't reach any certifications or made the charts in some places is a bit of a stretch. Maybe we could summarize the whole situation with the statement 'This time around, her main goal was not to do well on the charts but to forward a certain message, which she might've achieved - or not.'.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

by » Today, 19:59

Quote Originally Posted by babyshower View Post
    Medellín didn't do "great".... it did horrible for Maluma's standards. Any of his songs featuring a random female latin singer can achieve that in just weeks (days, even). "La respuesta" by Becky G was released days later, has 232 million of views and it still is considered an underperformance
    How many songs Maluma did with "a random female latin singer"? I don't think Becky G is a random singer. She is exactly the 130th most streamed artist in the whole world right now, higher than Mariah Carey, U2 or Madonna herself, to name a few.

Medellín did not great, nor "horrible". A lot of Maluma songs from his last album had huge streaming artists such as Ozuna (33th most played artist nowadays), Zion & Lennox or Nicky Jam, and none of those tracks did absolutely nothing on Youtube nor on Spotify.