Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pose

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 4th, 2018, 19:45

You have to step out onto that runway like you own everything!

Pose is set in the world of 1987 and "looks at the juxtaposition of several segments of life and society in New York: the rise of the luxury Trump-era universe, the downtown social and literary scene and the ball culture world."

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 4th, 2018, 19:54

I just saw the premiere episode today. I loved it! I felt the passion, you could definitely tell that the main cast knew the struggle. The set and the music is on point as well. I just hope Ryan Murphy don't mess this up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue June 5th, 2018, 17:32

I still cannot get over that scene between Angel and Evan Peters' character as they make out while "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush was playing. Such a magical moment!

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by » Tue June 5th, 2018, 17:49

I wanna watch it but I just don't trust Ryan Murphy at all.

Legend
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

by » Tue June 5th, 2018, 20:46

I liked the first episode. This is definitely not mainstream though and might struggle with straight audiences.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Superstar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Wed June 6th, 2018, 23:26

I was already weak in the feels and then Running Up That Hill started playing to give me the coup de grâce

So, SO GOOD!!!!!!

Forever Young

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sun June 10th, 2018, 22:06

I'm watching it now, so far so good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Sun June 10th, 2018, 23:55

This is basically Paris Is Burning in TV form, and I love it! Great ball scenes, epic music, strong and emotionally gripping storylines, and it seems that only seven episodes have been commissioned for the first season. I'm going to need more!

Quote Originally Posted by xtofer
    I still cannot get over that scene between Angel and Evan Peters' character as they make out while "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush was playing. Such a magical moment!
    I can only see this storyline ending one way - disastrously. :(
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

Superstar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Mon June 11th, 2018, 00:50

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    This is basically Paris Is Burning in TV form, and I love it! Great ball scenes, epic music, strong and emotionally gripping storylines, and it seems that only seven episodes have been commissioned for the first season. I'm going to need more!

Quote Originally Posted by xtofer
    I can only see this storyline ending one way - disastrously. :(
    Oh yeah, I can see this ending in death and misery

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Mon June 11th, 2018, 09:57

^ I was thinking of the same thing.

When Angel talked about the things she wanted in life like having a family and all, it made me think of Venus Xtravaganza. Her story might probably go the same way too. :(

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Tue June 12th, 2018, 13:03

Elektra vs Blanca reading each other to filth in the first minutes of the new episode GAVE ME LIFE! Elektra can not have a single conversation without throwing shade, I’m obsessed! I love it when she bailed Blanca then yelled "Your struggle is not my struggle" at her. Then, pointed out that the subway was two blocks away after Blanca asked for a ride. She is ruthless!

Blanca is such a great mother! The actress playing her is fantastic.

Angel got them special powers! She was able to make the white boy request for a raise and spend his coins on her without giving him anything. The wife asked for a dishwasher and he walked out!

One important thing in this episode is that they tackled racism and transpiration within the gay community. I loved that they confronted this early on, as this is still happening today.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Wed June 13th, 2018, 06:55

Episode one was incredible; episode two was considerably better than that!

I love how there was so much progression of multiple storylines. There was Stan/Angel, who had that incredible dialogue in the café where Stan spoke of his admiration for Angel being her true self when he was too afraid to do anything but blend in and live a pre-ordained life. I can only imagine the kind of debt he put himself in to get Angel an apartment with a one-year lease, as well as the dishwasher for his wife! Then there was Damon/Ricky, who are totes adorable, but I can imagine the conflict that will inevitably arise between Damon's dance aspirations and Ricky. Finally, you had Blanca fighting the good fight, advocating for equality within her own community, whilst Elektra Abundance was just advocating for a rematch. I have a feeling Blanca's advocacy will take a turn for the worse, but I'm rooting for her anyway. I also loved the scenes with Lil Papi; he doesn't have a main role, but I think he's hilarious, genuine, and sweet. I hope we get to see more of his and Damon's friendship.

I do want to point out Pray Tell, the emcee at the balls. He gives me pure, unadulterated life every episode with his commentary of the girls on the ball floor!

This whole show is just too fabulous. I can't.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Legend
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

by » Wed June 13th, 2018, 22:21

I was first a bit skeptical about the show but after reading Akini's review I decided to watch the first epiosde and what can I say, I absolutely loved it! The storylines, the characters, the music, everything is great! 'Running Up That Hill' is now stuck in my head forever.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Wed June 13th, 2018, 22:25

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    I was first a bit skeptical about the show but after reading Akini's review I decided to watch the first epiosde and what can I say, I absolutely loved it! The storylines, the characters, the music, everything is great! 'Running Up That Hill' is now stuck in my head forever.
    Glad you loved it!

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Thu June 14th, 2018, 02:16

Such a great show so far. I'm sad there's only going to be 8 episodes though. Me and my partner have literally just watched Paris is Burning and it's honestly spot on!!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Mon June 18th, 2018, 07:44

Another brilliant episode this week! This show is like the LGBT+ answer to This Is Us, but it's even better!

I think Angel is officially my favourite. I just love her so much, and she looked gorgeous at the ball. She deserves happiness, and it's sad to know that Stan won't ever be able to give her the comfort and security she desires. The show makes it hard to hate him now, but I feel like he's going to do something soon to warrant it. It is extremely easy to dislike his boss, though.

It's great that Pray Tell got some more screentime, as I feel he was an underused character in the first two episodes. I wasn't surprised to learn that he carried such sadness behind his larger-than-life on-stage personality and generally extroverted spirit.

Damon/Ricky remained adorable. I hope they get at least one more conflict-free episode because I really do ship them. Ricky had a great ball debut. I personally would've given him a 10 just for the effort.

Elektra Abundance and those theft schemes. She's hilarious, and always so regal even when she's running away from her victims and the authorities.

The final scene was so heartwarming. This show really does have a familial feel. No matter how much grief the individual characters endure, they come together as a family and help each other out. They're a chosen family with more genuine love for each other than biological ones, and Blanca is such a five-star mother.

Legend
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

by » Mon June 18th, 2018, 20:34

Episode 3 was excellent, like the first two. Every single character in that show is great! Blanca and Elektra are my favourites so far.

On a side note, it was sad to see what it meant to suffer from AIDS in the 1980s, something that is easily forgotten nowadays. It's unbelievable how much medical progress has been made since!

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Fri June 22nd, 2018, 21:23

The dinner scene in the Chinese retaurant made me teary-eyed and I lost it when Angel opened her gift!

I find Damon and Ricky adorable too.

There's so much character development already. Well done episode, this one!

by » Sat June 23rd, 2018, 16:02

This is only 7 Eps ouch... this needs to be 16 at least
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Sat June 23rd, 2018, 19:33

The fact its started off so strong has worried me. Ryan has a habit of starting strong and slowly going downhill. The fact there's only 7 episodes could be a good thing for them.
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 05:13

Another great episode last night. Angel got more screentime than usual, so a special yay for that, though I don't know if I supported all the moves she made; she definitely stabbed Stan with the blade of her own insecurities, and that certainly wasn't fair. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if they bounce back from that conflict; I suspect they will because it'll probably be something bigger that tears them apart.

We also saw Elektra Abundance's more vulnerable side, and her decision to go ahead with the operation after her internal conflict and encounter with her man. Honestly, I think I like 'fierce', 'diva' Elektra more than anything else. She straddles the fence between villain and hero, and I love that about her character.

I laughed when Lil Papi called himself an "equal opportunity lover". He really is one of the best supporting characters. I adore him. The hospital scene where the guys learned their HIV status was less brutal than I expected. I suspected one (or more) of them would have the virus, but I don't know if I thought it'd be Pray Tell.

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 15:34

I think one of them will get the virus later on..
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Tue July 3rd, 2018, 05:54

Good episode this week, though it was easily the weakest yet. I thought we would've gotten more from the Stan's wife/Angel storyline, but I understand the writers wanting to milk that conflict for another episode (or two).

Speaking of Angel, I realised when she was talking to Elektra how she seems to be the most 'connected' character in that she has good relationships, and meaningful dialogue with more of the other characters than anyone else. It probably comes down to her character being one of the most empathetic (and likeable).

Legend
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

by » Fri July 6th, 2018, 09:42

I wish this had a longer season. I love the characters, Blanca is such a sweetheart and a nice mother. But it's Elektra who's giving me life.
    Cha Cha Instructor