Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pose

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat July 7th, 2018, 10:18

I like that we got some backstory on Blanca's life

Pray Tell reading the hater at the funeral! Also, what he said about parents making mistakes and children having to piece themselves together and forgive their parents for being human. Ugh, the feels.

That House of Abundance in that Mother's Ball gave me life! That reveal!

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat July 7th, 2018, 10:22

Elektra ALWAYS comes through with a quick and brutal read! I honestly try to remember them every single time so I could unleash it on somebody later.

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

by » Mon July 9th, 2018, 21:58

It was a beautiful episode. And that end made me curious about the next episode.

Spoiler!
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

by » Tue July 10th, 2018, 04:04

Good episode this week. The Angel scenes had the potential to be disastrous and they weren't, so I'm super grateful for that. Ricky was so sexy with his butch realness showcase. Pray Tell's emotional spiral was difficult to watch, especially when you consider the tens of thousands of gay couples in the 80s whose stories mirror his.

Is next week really the season finale? It really doesn't feel like it.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

by » Tue July 10th, 2018, 16:44

^ I think next week is the penultimate episode with the season finale the week after.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

by » Fri July 13th, 2018, 00:53

This has been renewed for a second season!

You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, it’s not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

by » Mon July 16th, 2018, 19:55

What a fantastic last episode, so many things happened! I felt sorry for both Electra and Angel. Great that there was more focus on Papi, I love his character!

by » Tue July 17th, 2018, 05:56

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    What a fantastic last episode, so many things happened! I felt sorry for both Electra and Angel. Great that there was more focus on Papi, I love his character!
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

by » Tue July 17th, 2018, 16:05

Decent episode this week. Angel just seems to win every episode for me, even when she isn't necessarily the character of focus. I'm not too surprised that the balls were a bit too much for Stan to digest. I wonder if this episode was truly the last we'll see of their romance. I have my doubts.

I don't think I saw that move to a new house for Lil Papi. Naively, I thought he would rejoin the House of Evangelista at the end of the episode. I suspect that's still to come, though.

Elektra's life just seems to be falling apart. Let's see where the season's end finds her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

by » Mon July 23rd, 2018, 06:05

Predictable finale, but enjoyable all the same. I'm glad I was wrong about the Stan/Angel relationship having a violent end. I appreciate that the writers took a more poignant route.

Legend
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

by » Mon July 23rd, 2018, 20:15

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Predictable finale, but enjoyable all the same.
    +1

Best scene was when Elektra bashed the House of Ferocity!

I loved this show very much, so sad that's it's already over! But I'm glad that we'll get a second season.

by » Tue July 24th, 2018, 06:05

Problematic end though Elektra is a bit too soft atm.

Stan needs to come back season 2
    Forever Young

Manager
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Tue July 24th, 2018, 18:03

I think Elektra is making an effort to change and be a better person. She lost everything and yet there was Blanco. Ready to help here regardless of how awful Elektra treated her. It was a lovely character transition for her. I don't think good Elektra is back for good though. She'll want to reclaim her crown. But in terms of a series arch I thought it was done beautifully.

I am very excited for the next season!!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

by » Wed July 25th, 2018, 08:04

Ok finale, a bit too sweet for my taste. It would have been cool if someone had died.

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Thu July 26th, 2018, 01:40

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfMe
    Ok finale, a bit too sweet for my taste. It would have been cool if someone had died.
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

by » Sat July 28th, 2018, 17:08

it was so deluded , it could be so much better so shallow

Legend
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

by » Sun July 29th, 2018, 03:46

This show is life!!!!

I do agree about the ending being a bit too predictable and cute...but again...I think that they didn't know if this show would've been renewed for another season, so they probably recorded the season with that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Legend
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

by » Mon August 6th, 2018, 18:14

Ryan Murphy Hints at How Madonna Will Help Shape Pose Season 2

Just shy of a month ago, the newest addition to Ryan Murphy’s armada of television shows, Pose, was renewed for a second season. And at a Television Critics’ Association preview this past Friday, Murphy gave a hint of what was to come in the next installment of the series. The first season closed in 1988; season two will pick up the following year and conclude with the release of Madonna’s “Vogue” in March 1990.

“Vogue” describes the ballroom culture that is also the subject of Pose; its release, on March 27, 1990, was one factor that helped the ballroom community achieve some mainstream recognition. (Murphy described it as putting the scene “on display” to the wider world.) Though it’s not clear if Murphy has yet acquired the rights to the track, he explained that he has “a very good relationship with Madonna thus far,” adding that the Queen of Pop offered up several songs for the series’ first season (though none of them made their way onto the soundtrack, which has featured everything from Janet Jackson to Ryuichi Sakamoto). Madonna was also the subject of an episode of Glee entitled, fittingly, “The Power of Madonna.”

Looming over the announcement was the idea that Madonna might make a cameo in the next season, given that her song is its centerpiece. Murphy didn’t dismiss the idea outright, but he noted that Pose, unlike some of his previous shows (American Horror Story: Coven, for example, featured Stevie Nicks in a season that also included a Stevie Nicks-obsessed witch), has foregone his frequent stunt casting. Instead, its focus remains on its core cast, largely made up of trans women of color, placing queer and trans talent at the center of their own stories.

“We haven’t tried to do too much of my typical stunt-casting, and I don’t think we will,” Murphy said. “But I always like to talk to Madonna.”

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/pose-se ... hy-madonna

Legend
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

by » Tue August 7th, 2018, 01:56

^ I hope they get to use "Vogue" in the next season finale. I suspect it'll be the final season for the series, and I think it'd be a fitting end.

As for Madonna possibly guest-starring, I don't think the show needs it from a developmental/entertainment value perspective, but I can imagine it'd bring more attention, which is always good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

by » Tue August 7th, 2018, 15:58

I always thought about the reactions of the characters to the song and now it's becoming a reality. Closing the season with "Vogue" is a genius idea.
    Cha Cha Instructor

by » Wed October 24th, 2018, 22:14

So I just finished binging this and LOVED IT. Such a great show that isn’t necessarily to everyone’s tastes, but who cares - it is well written, well acted and has an amazing soundtrack. But the biggest win is how much heart it has - you feel the struggles and for anyone who identically with any of them (and there’s a lot of different struggles in this) - it can be a tough watch because as the audience, we know how far things have come.

Madonna will let them use Vogue, but I doubt she’ll cameo. I sort of don’t want her to - to put Madonna into that world with these characters isn’t needed. Who would she play? Herself in her 30s? A nurse alongside ex BFF Sandra? It wouldn’t work.

What I enjoyed though is that I felt like I was seeing the NYC Madonna came up in. Not the dancehalls, but the poverty, the fact she moved there to study dance, the attitude, the death... but there’ll be dramas once they introduce Vogue. Some of these characters won’t like it on principle I feel

I echo a lot of the earlier comments so I’m not going to dwell on the show too much, but I loved Elektra’s Storyline - her arc was huge across 8 episodes. The fact she gained everything and lost everything by having her operation was a hard watch. Though cliched to have Private Dancer over the top of her private dancing

I loved Stan. Loved him. He’s a muppet, but he had a good heart. I hope this isn’t the end of him and Angel. Surprised Stan was the only one to be beaten up though - I really thought we’d see some violent homophobia towards at least one of the girls... because towards the end it did feel like they were in their own isolated bubble.

Anyway, that’s enough. Can’t wait for season 2
    M08T10

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Wed February 13th, 2019, 21:04

I'm late as usual but I just started the show and finished Episode 5 by now.

I am so in love with Blanca! Isn't she just truly amazing as a person?

Ryan Murphy as a director did not disappoint. Still binging American Horror Story and I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys later seasons.
    I know you ain't a drug but you get me so high | My last.fm