Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 UKmix Hot100 Awards :: COMPLETE!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 10:53

Amazing job, ,Leo !
    Definitely voting !
    "Slow Down ,Papi"
    "And Don't You Forget It , Chao, Papi"

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 12:06

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    I need to remember to officially announce winners in my survivors!

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Great synopses! Voting in many of those categories is going to be difficult. Lots of quality topics and posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyShop
    Amazing job, ,Leo !
    Definitely voting !
    Thanks! Hope you join!

Voting will start this weekend. Memebers willing to vote will choose for each category two options, giving +2 and +1. For the two main categories, with 10 noms each, voting will e +3, +2 and +1

I hope at least mods vote ad then any added vote will be great!
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    PLAY Sara Bareilles Artist Survivor @ Music Games & Survivors
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

Legend
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 18:06

Fab presentation and details Leo!

Hope to win an award!

by » Tue June 26th, 2018, 21:01

Genuinely impressive presentation!

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 02:47

Here are the nominees for...

Christina Aguilera | Liberation (TheStandom)

On Mar 13th 2017 TheStandom posted about a new Aguilera album. Couple of days later, and nobody was sure this was for real or not, and the weirdest thing of all is that TheStandom never again posted anything in ANY thread... So if this win, he will be the winner with the least quantity of post for sure! The thread peaked at number 1 fro 2 non-consecutive weeks in the Music Charts, and #2 in the Hot100.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fergie | Double Dutchess (theArmy)

Feb 22nd 2016 marked the brith of this thread, but by July 2017 the album was still unreleased but instead a leaked version surfaced. Eventyually the project evolved to a visual album. Rollercoaster ride! This peaked at #10 in the hot100 and it was #1 for 1 week in the Music charts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin Timberlake - Man of the Woods (Ink)

Prior to his SuperBowl show, on dec 29th 2017 JT announced Man of the Woods. in one of the first posts, a Rolling Stone article is quoted stating "Someone who's heard the new album says it "pushes boundaries in ways you don't expect. It's gonna have a lot of hits""... well, I am not sure it was the case, but the thread was indeed a hit. It was #2 in the hot100 and of course #q in the Music chart.

Kylie Minogue - Golden (Odyssey)

With a great presentation dated back to Jan 10th 2018, Odyssey kicked off this Golden era. A lot of support from UKMixers since day 1, the thread peaked at #4 in the Hot100 and #1 in the Music Chart!

Mariah Carey - Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel (ntinos93)

Probably the surprise of the batch! The thread opens with a Mod note, which probably sums up the crazyness around this back in 2009, or even later! It was Stevyy who posted something back in Jul 2017 and re-ignited interest around this. This was #1 in Music Chart and #8 in the hot100!

Taylor Swift | Reputation (Biebz)

Biebz presented Reputation on Aug 23rd 2017. Some members were over the roof about the project, even comparing Tay to Bob Dylan, and Hugo was not happy. Eventually the album was released and I believe it is amongst her best. It was #1 Misc thread and #2 in the hot100.

Almost nominated: The Carters - Everything is love, with just one week, is the 7th most successful album thread, so missed the nomination by a close margin!

VOTING WILL START NEXT FRIDAY JUNE 29TH!
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 02:48

Quote Originally Posted by Grybop
    Yes, stunning as always.
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 03:22

Camila Cabello + Young Thug | Havana (Benjamin)

Benjamin celebrated summer 2017 with the release of Camila's Havana. Loveguru made a prediction that fortunately was not accurate. The thread was #2 in the Music Chart and #11 in the hot100, and was certified Silver!

Christina Aguilera + Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz | Accelerate (Benjamin)

The first single (or buzz single, or test, or whatever) of Christina Aguilera anticipated new album was presented by Benjamin in Apr 29th 2018. A more raw image of her, and a fresh singing style, divided waters amongst ukmixers, but that is almost a given when we are talking about Christina. A #1 Music thread, it debuted at #2 in the hot100, and shares with Carters' Everything Is Love Era the title as highest new entry in the Hot100 history!

Ed Sheeran - Perfect (with Beyoncé/Andrea Bocelli) (spiritboy)

On Aug 21st 2017 this was presented as Ed Sheeran's new single. Little did we know he would team not only with Andrea Bocelli but with Beyoncé, and that this would become #1 in the Billboard Hot100! They also peaked at number 1 in the Music Charts here, but "just" made it to #7 in the UKMix hot100.

Kylie | Stop Me From Falling (SummerPeur)

The second single from Kylie hot new album Golden saw its thread created on Feb 28th 2018. Later on she joint forces with latin stars Gente de Zona. Kylie shines when performing this songs, as Thriller shared, and that is always welcomed. This peaked at number 1 in the Music charts and #7 in the hot100!

Kylie Minogue | Dancing (Benjamin)

Another Kylie song! This time around, the fresh and hot lead single from new album Golden. As the parent album thread, this was created on Jan 10rth 2018. This peaked at #1 in the Music charts and #2 in the hot100!

Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (MusicRecords)

I believe it is about time Nick is released from his lattest ban, so if he returns, he will find out he has some noms here (and some more to come!). After some fake single threads were created, Nick was the one getting the right one on Aug 25th 2017! The lyric video was already getting mixed reviews when the high profile video was premiered. A #1 Music thread, it peaked at #3 in the hot100!

Almost nominated: Cardi B | Bodak Yellow and Ariana Grande | No Tears Left to Cry were almost nominees!

CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 03:26

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Fab presentation and details Leo!
    Hope to win an award!
    Quote Originally Posted by bm08
    Cool idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nippian93
    Yes, stunning as always.
    Thanks a lot for your support! I am putting a lot of effort so it is nice to know you like this. Today I am exhausted and it is almost midnight here so unfortunately I will stop here and return tomorrow, which may delay 1 day the start of the voting timeframe. See you tomorrow with more noms!
    CHECK

The Diva
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 04:28

Please don’t tire yourself out. It’s already more than perfect, so it’s fine if you wanna cut down some of the presentation

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 07:23

Fantastic presentation, you're doing a brilliant job, leomedar!

I'm (obviously) already excited for the PC noms.

Little question: Are people allowed to vote for themselves/their own ropics?

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 11:51

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits
    Please don’t tire yourself out. It’s already more than perfect, so it’s fine if you wanna cut down some of the presentation
    Yep, I am a little freak. Yesterday I had a classroom after work and then I had to do some work stuff so I was trying too hard here. I'll keep my idea of presentation but if I have to slow down a little I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    Fantastic presentation, you're doing a brilliant job, leomedar!

I'm (obviously) already excited for the PC noms.

Little question: Are people allowed to vote for themselves/their own ropics?
    Thanks Tansike! There are going to be 2 categories in the PC section, one for monthly/weekly/daily charts from members and other for special charts, such as Year-End charts, artists countdowns, charts of charts, etc. And you should keep excited

Of course voters will be allowed to vote whichever they want. Members will vote two choices per category and 3 choices in the big awards, one of them can be their own entry.
    CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 13:30

^ Thank you Not that i plan to vote for myself (well, depends on other nominees ) but so it's clear before voting starts

Superstar
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

by » Wed June 27th, 2018, 13:51

Belated, but this looks great, Leo! I look forward to voting

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 00:15

? OTR II ? (Beyoncé/JAY-Z) (Hugo)

On Mar 5th 2018 OTRII was opened by probably the biggest Beyoncé fan around, Hugo. Jun 6th marked the first show of the European leg, at Cardiff and with a 50K attendance according to the first post. Tomorrow the power couple will rock Berlin, and if France reaches the finals of the World Cup, they will be singing in Paris the day of the match! 47 dates announced and an expected 2.4M ticket sales, amazing. The thread is Gold certified and peaked at #4 in the hot100 and #1 in the Music charts!

Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency & 2018 Tour] (samra)

This pre-hot100 era thread managed a nomination in a very good year for Britney. Glorious may have failed to hit big time, but the POM Vegas shows and next Eurpean tour was a good move from the pop princess. First post of the tracking year belonged to weare, but the highlight of the year was that Britney sang LIVE! This managed a #2 peak in the Music Chart and #16 in the hot100!

Eurovision Song Contest 2018: Lisbon, Portugal, May 2018 (Mainshow)

Mainshow is a great Eurovision fan, and it is natural he hosts this thread and related games. The thread was created Jan 31st 2017, so it was pre-hot100 era... in fact it was created before the 2017 edition took place! First post of the tracking year belonged to Mainshow. Platinum thread, this competed head to head with Mariah but has to settle with a #2 peak in the hot100. It got more replies but not enough views to take the crown.

K-POP Music (jpguy)

This 2008 thread started the tracking year with Ruthymon posting a video. Even for a non-KPop follower, I can highlights the amount of songs and TV shows shared regularly by abi, xtofer and company. The thread peaked at #12 in the Music charts and #36 in the hot100!

Which Album Are You Currently Listening To? (cristy)

Another 2008 original, this thread just turned 10 years!!!! First album of the tracking year shared was.... Ginette Claudette - Tainted Emotions by Gravity! The last one was janet by dhenapie almost 1800 posts later! This platinum thread peaked at #1 in the Music Charts and #13 in the hot100!

Your Song of the Day (jason2379)

This one will turn 10 years in a couple of months, so another big name here. First post of the tracking year belonged to JSparksFan but the video is no longer there, so next one is Kpop with, surprisingly, a Kpop act. The last one, 1214 posts later, belongs to Undercover with Neil Young! This peaked at number 2 in the Music Charts and #16 in the hot100, reaching platinum status in this year!

Almost nominated: Janet - The State of the World Tour (Extended) was just 3 points away to get a nom! Next is Top Female-led Singles 2000-2009 Countdown, little behind but great considering it is still unfinished!

CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 00:19

at Memoirs getting nominated in the album category. Lambs >>>
    I was ambitious, though I didn’t know exactly what I was shooting for. Now I think it’s one of the most useless questions an adult can ask a child – What do you want to be when you grow up? As if growing up is finite. As if at some point you become something and that’s the end.

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 00:37

Benjamin

382 Music threads and 14.644 points under his name, he is with no doubt a massive contributor in the Music threads! he has 2 chart toppers in the Music field, and 7 top20s, of which 4 broke into the top10. Kylie Minogue | Dancing is his best ranked thread.

Biebz

With 61 threads and 6.062 points awarded, Biebz is another key contributor. 7 Top20s and 4 Top 10s with Taylor Swift | Reputation as his highest ranked thread, he holds a massive 5 #1s in the Music Charts!

Controlfreak

He/She has no avatar, but that won't stop him for getting nominated! 117 threads and 1.913 points, including 1 #1 Music thread (Toni Braxton | Long As I Live). He has only one Top20 in the hot100: P!nk | Beautiful Trauma [single] peaked at number 18.

Hugo

81 threads + 2.505 points are enough for Hugo to score another nom this year! 3 Music chart toppers, and all related to the power couple: ? OTR II ? (Beyoncé/JAY-Z), Beyoncé - 4 and JAY-Z - 4:44! Those three threads are all Top20s, in fact 4 of them are Top10s!

theArmy

theArmy is banned, but managed to create a lot of popular threads before leaving, enough for a 2018 nomination! 50 threads and 4.585 points! 3 Music chart toppers and 4 hot100 top10s!!!

urbanmusik

92 threads and 2.882 points, urbanmusik closes this year list of hot hosts in the music scene. No chart toppers and only one hot100 Top20 (Rita Ora - Girls (feat. Charli XCX, Bebe Rexha & Cardi B)) but still plenty of popular stuff around.

Almost nominated: Thriller and abi were extremely close, but has to wait one more year to see if they compete for this one!

CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 02:11

Beyond the Records | Ukmix Interviews (MusicRecords)

It was a busy year for MR, and his Interviews threads, created on Aug 24th 2017, definetly had an impact in UKMix. After all, like it or not, it is the only non-Mariah thread to reach the top! 23 members went through, some more funny, some more honest, all interesting and cool. Nick prepared a nice review of S1 and S2 interviews, and TIfan was the favourite one until SummerPeur showed up and the thread exploded. The thread reached double platinum status.

The Last Thing To Make You Laugh (Skelofect)

This UKMix classic dates back to nov 2004! Samra kicked off the tracking year with a funny tweet by Kelly Osborne. Last post belongs to Akini. This #4 Misc thread and #27 hot100 thread reached Gold status.

The Random Thought Thread (Virgostar)

A fresh re-start in 2015 by our beloved Virgostar. King biscuit kicked off the tracking year asking abot Divas, and the year was wrapped, more than 380 pages later, by TheRealest talking about Divas too. Certified 6xPlatinum, this peaked at #2 for 11 non-consecutive weeks! It was #1 in the Misc chart fro an impressive 31 weeks.

The UKMIX Members Photo Gallery (DC34ever)

In 2008 the thread was created and it is apparent from the first post that there had been previous attempts to have picture threads but that ended up nasty. jszmiles shared a picture back in jun 2017 that cannot be seen anymore and some members collapsed. Last picture of the year was shared by regular poster Benjamin, celebrating Pride month. Platinum thread, #10 in the hot100 and #2 in the Misc chart, it was a great year!

UKMix Hot100 (leomedar)

I was bored + biscuits had created a great thread recaping the week at ukmix but not updating it (just as winners of his survivors) = I realized I could come up with a weekly chart to summarize the week in ukmix. Started shily with just som top10s and then the overall chart but then evolved it to more genres and some write ups (sorry about my english and repetitive words). 81 pages later, the thread is up for this award, which is a spin-off from the Hot 100 so it feels like a full circle. Platinum thread, #15 peak in the hot100 and #2 in the Misc chart.

Unpopular Opinions (ManicFan2k)

This had a so-so performance in 2017 but this year it has been very active, peaking at #1 in the Misc chart and at #2 in the hot100. A 2008 thread, Hugo started the year praising Hercules, shortly after MusicRecords was predicting his own fate and finally the year ended with SummerPeur feeling rejected by GoldMoney.

Almost nominated: UKMIX Weekly Top Posters was SOOOO close! Wayne should have updated just one week and this would be in the final 6! This or That? and UKMIX Favourite Members 2017 were also close.

CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 02:29

biscuits

6 threads in the Misc charts, with a #1 Misc thread for the amazing UKMIX Favourite Members Countdown 2017 :: DISCUSSION, which also peaked at #2 in the hot100!

Hugo

16 threads with The Random Poll Thread as Top20 in the hot100 being his most popular entry. He also has 2 extra top10s in the Misc charts: TIDAL and UEFA Champions League.

ManicFan2k

5 threads in this genre, and the amazing Unpopular Opinions amongst them. He also has What are you eating right now? under his name and What Are You Currently Reading?, both Misc Top10s!

MusicRecords

5 Msic charts and 4 of them hot100 top10s!!! Beyond the Records | Ukmix Interviews, A Day With... | Ukmix Lives (#3), The "Agree or Disagree" Thread (#6) and The "What if...?" Thought-Provoking Thread (#9). But it is his itnerviews the signature thread, with 11 weeks in the top position of the Misc charts.

Virgostar

She has the fascinating The Random Thought Thread, hot100 #2, under her name. She was a powerful name in the past, I hope one day she returns to grace us with her music taste and cool attitude.

Wayne

Wayne has 30 THIRTY Misc threads created and 4 of them are hot100 Top40: 30 Day Song Challenge (10), Food Feud (20), UKMIX Weekly Top Posters (25) and Changes to UKMIX (29). His weekly posters thread is a highlight of the year.

Almost nominated: Guru, Skelofect and Serby had big chances. Maybe next year!

CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 02:34

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills
    Belated, but this looks great, Leo! I look forward to voting
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    at Memoirs getting nominated in the album category. Lambs >>>
    such a random nom, I even expect it to win...

Tomorrow I'll be presenting noms for the News section and, if I have the time to do that, the Personal Charts. See you tomorrow!
    CHECK

Legend
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 11:07

Amazing job with this, Leo!

Shame that my cheese thread didn’t receive any nom (#snub)

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 11:42

Quote Originally Posted by leomedar
    and finally the year ended with SummerPeur feeling rejected by GoldMoney.
    Oh my god you've got it all wrong.

GM is my babe, my sis. But that wasn't about him hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 11:50

Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    and finally the year ended with SummerPeur feeling rejected by GoldMoney.
    Oh my god you've got it all wrong.

GM is my babe, my sis. But that wasn't about him hahaha.
    That's the problem of taking posts out of context lol
    CHECK

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 11:55

I will try to vote this weekend.
    Whitney Houston

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Thu June 28th, 2018, 13:15

Tomorrow I'll be presenting noms for the News section and, if I have the time to do that, the Personal Charts. See you tomorrow!
    The best for last