User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 132

Thread: Ariana Grande | breathin

  1. #1
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    62,144
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 08:48



    New single from 'Sweetener'.
    The single has officially been release to radio in the Netherlands and Belgium.
    'breathin' is currently charting in the Tipparade in NL and Ultratip in BEL, which are the equivalents of the Billboard Bubbling Under Chart (only for actual singles).

    No doubt 'breathin' will be released in US/UK later, as 'God Is A Woman' is still too popular there.

  2. #2
    Tansike's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    28 Jan 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    48,514
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 09:00

    YASSS. The most obvious choice from an album in a very long time!

    This has been an instant hit in several countries and already reached the Top10s in Australia, Ireland & UK and the Top20s in several markets such as Austria, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland and all Scandinavian countries :cool:

  3. #3
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    32,024
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 10:27

    I wonder how Pharrell feels!

  4. #4
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    25,694
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 10:56

    Great choice, only logical choice atm

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I wonder how Pharrell feels!
    Probably great! He has an amazing career as solo artist, part of NERD, as producer, and various other ventureS. I Doubt he gives any f about the single choices Ariana and her team make, he gets his coins either way and it’s not like he needs the coins anyways

  5. #5
    MrDiva's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,216
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    jason2379's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    11,815
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 11:58

    Obvious choice. Great song!

  7. #7
    Canadaniel's Avatar

    Join Date
    11 Oct 2014
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 12:04

    Not a big surprise, the song is very popular Great third single and I hope for a good music video.

  8. #8
    ArmyOfMe's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    13 Dec 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    8,686
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 12:50

    Great choice.

    BTW, the transition from this song to No Tears Left to Cry on the album is just GREAT.

  9. #9
    Mainshow's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    16,119
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 13:16

    Yes! Amazing choice! - Ariana should have workd on more songs with Max Martin and his team. Even though I enjoy some of the Pharrell tracks, they shouldn't have outnumbered the bops on the record.
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

  10. #10
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,542
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  11. #11
    JakeP's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,865
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed September 5th, 2018, 19:41

    Yes! It just sounded like the most obvious album track to be given single status. It's both stunning and bops hard.

    I agree with Mainshow that Sweetener could've done with a couple more of the Max Martin/Ilya sound over the not so commercial Pharrell tracks.

  12. #12
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    51,386
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 03:20

    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway
    Brilliant choice
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

    Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [10-6]

  13. #13
    Marchum's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    06 Jul 2018
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #14
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    25,694
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 04:34

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Yes! Amazing choice! - Ariana should have workd on more songs with Max Martin and his team. Even though I enjoy some of the Pharrell tracks, they shouldn't have outnumbered the bops on the record.
    But that was the whole point of this record lol. Pharrell helped her to deal with the Manchester tragedy aftermath and pushed her to write about it, she was not really searching for the 'bops', she just recorded what she liked, and why they planned 3 full length singles strategy beforehand and why she is already working on a follow up album.If they keep following their set plans, this is basically the last single from the era

  15. #15
    firefly_86's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    28 Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,602
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 13:58

    Too little too late, a chunk of it's numbers has been divided by people who downloaded / streamed the album track after Sweetener was released, taking it to #8 in the UK and #22 in the US based on that alone.

    If it was the second single instead of the light is coming (waste of time) it would have been a smash. It must take someone really incompetent at a record label to overlook an obvious hit in their hands; it's clearly the standout on Sweetener. They should be forecasting the buzz around a song and driving it, not reacting to it.

  16. #16
    DnBLover's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 Dec 2009
    Location
    PT-NO
    Posts
    14,972
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 14:08

    The "demand" was largely driven by Spotify putting it at top of one of their most popular playlists... Probably something that had label input in itself.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

  17. #17
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    25,694
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 14:12

    Quote Originally Posted by firefly_86
    Too little too late, a chunk of it's numbers has been divided by people who downloaded / streamed the album track after Sweetener was released, taking it to #8 in the UK and #22 in the US based on that alone.

    If it was the second single instead of the light is coming (waste of time) it would have been a smash. It must take someone really incompetent at a record label to overlook an obvious hit in their hands; it's clearly the standout on Sweetener. They should be forecasting the buzz around a song and driving it, not reacting to it.
    The 2nd single was 'God Is A Woman', The light Is Coming was just a promotional released track.
    breathin is the 3rd official single of Sweetener

  18. #18
    firefly_86's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    28 Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,602
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 16:54

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly_86
    Too little too late, a chunk of it's numbers has been divided by people who downloaded / streamed the album track after Sweetener was released, taking it to #8 in the UK and #22 in the US based on that alone.

    If it was the second single instead of the light is coming (waste of time) it would have been a smash. It must take someone really incompetent at a record label to overlook an obvious hit in their hands; it's clearly the standout on Sweetener. They should be forecasting the buzz around a song and driving it, not reacting to it.
    The 2nd single was 'God Is A Woman', The light Is Coming was just a promotional released track.
    breathin is the 3rd official single of Sweetener
    Funny how that was only the case after The light Is Coming did nothing

    Point still stands - a label should be forecasting the buzz around a song and driving it, not reacting to it.

  19. #19
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    25,694
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 17:19

    ^ you clearly have not followed the era, it never was the 2nd single to begin with
    The original plan was to release something on every 20th
    - No Tears on April single
    - The Light on June 20 instant grat
    - ? May 20
    - Album July 20 (most likely and later the original release date of God Is A Woman)

    But since she added 5 more songs, during the pre-album release campagne, she let go of that idea and released a 2nd single ‘God Is A Woman’ on July 13 with the album following a month later on August 17.

    The Light never was meant to be a single and only got a visual since she had a dealwith Reebok

  20. #20
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    22,760
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 17:33

    Y'all keep tryna push this narrative that The Light Is Coming flopped and it was never a single.

    Like...I'm sure the label would've pushed for it to be a full single if it HAD started picking up steam (I mean...what half smart label wouldn't), but it didn't and they went on as PLANNED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

  21. #21
    IVyoncé's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 May 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    25,694
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Thu September 6th, 2018, 17:37

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1
    Y'all keep tryna push this narrative that The Light Is Coming flopped and it was never a single.

    Like...I'm sure the label would've pushed for it to be a full single if it HAD started picking up steam (I mean...what half smart label wouldn't), but it didn't and they went on as PLANNED.
    Exactly

  22. #22
    SimpleBoy's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    19 Aug 2014
    Posts
    614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri September 7th, 2018, 01:28

    My favourite off the album, and an instant choice for the next single! Seeing how well it did on streams, and iTunes showed it was destined to be a single. It's a dancey-poppy bop, and I've dealt with anxiety myself aswell, I connect to this song alot, i'm really happy the world (minus us Arianators) will hear this one!

  23. #23
    LotsOfLove's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,751
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri September 7th, 2018, 07:16

    I love how people are saying « it did so well for a non single so far ». Well it did because it was playlisted as the first song on one of the biggest streaming lists wasn’t it? It benefited so much from it. It’s kind a manipulative way of getting people to listen and like the song because seriously if it wasn’t playlisted do you really think it would have done so well on itunes & spotify? I doubt it.

    That’s why I hate the streaming sites because they decide what people should listen to if you know what I mean.

  24. #24
    jason2379's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    11,815
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri September 7th, 2018, 10:08

    Instead of a record label? In the end it’s there just to promote the album so it really doesn’t make a difference.

  25. #25
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    77,306
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Mon September 10th, 2018, 15:28

    Definitely better than God Is A Woman for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •