Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears - Domination [Postponed]

by » Fri October 19th, 2018, 23:03

I absolutely love the title, domination, it’s so fierce, the show has a dark edgy look, it’s fresh, it’s different and it’s new!

The stage looks cool, pyramid style, and I’m hoping she keeeps this theme for the new album too! It would be amazing if the album was called domination, the whole theme is amazing and I love it! So much better than piece of me or something named after her!

Legend
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

by » Fri October 19th, 2018, 23:34

Whoever directed that announcement show deserves to be promptly fired

It looked like they spent a lot of money on that and it was a complete mess.

by » Fri October 19th, 2018, 23:41

She looked so beautiful during the announcement

Larry and Britney did an interview with Pollstar talking about the new residency and this year's tour! It'a a very interesting read.

It all stems from Britney Spears’ record-setting, four-year Las Vegas “Piece of Me” residency at Axis at Planet Hollywood (now Zappos Theater) which wrapped last year after selling 1 million tickets and grossing $140 million over the course of 250 shows. The run is one of the largest grossing Vegas residencies ever, up there with Celine and Sir Elton.

Now, after a 2018 sold-out U.S. and European “Piece of Me” tour, Britney’s back. This week, she announced in spectacular fashion “Britney Domination,” her new two-year residency at the larger (5,200-cap) Park Theater at Park MGM Las Vegas and a brand-new production set to launch in February 2019. And it’s all just in time for the 20th anniversary of this iconic artist’s tour de force 1999 album, …Baby One More Time. But for some, there may be far more practical reasons for Britney’s return to a residency.

“The biggest pro to doing a residency is that it’s much easier on my kids,” Spears tells Pollstar. “My kids are my everything, so having a show in one place gives me more time with them. Residencies are also easier on myself and my team. It can get exhausting and can be disorienting when you travel every day – but that’s not to say that it’s not a ton of fun, too.”

After the close of the show on Dec. 31, 2017, Spears embarked on the “Piece of Me” summer tour for a number of reasons. “Number one,” says Rudolph, “we were done with the show, and she had an entire year off. And she wanted to do something. So we spoke about it. A lot of people on the East Coast and in Europe didn’t get to come see the show. because not everybody has the ability to get on a plane and come to the West Coast.”

The “Piece of Me” tour set records from the Sands Bethlehem Event Center to Brighton, U.K.’s Preston Park to Göransson Arena, Sweden, where it broke a long-held record held by the Scorpions. The tour is also up for a People’s Choice Award. All of which brings us to her just-announced new residency at the Park Theater, which Team Britney is hard at work putting together.

“We just had our first full session yesterday with NappyTabs for a few hours yesterday morning,” says Rudolph referencing Tabitha and Napoleon D’umo of Funky Monkey Productions, the new residency’s creative directors who not only developed lyrical hip-hop dance but worked on “So You Think You Can Dance,” “America’s Got Talent,” and Jennifer Lopez’s “All I Have” residency, in addition to other productions.

“We went through our first draft of creatives, We sat down, spitballed ideas and Britney came up with a million of them. They came up with a million ideas. We have a tentative title, narrative, visuals, set lists and everything right now. But it’s far too early to talk about it. I can tell you this: It’s going to different from the ‘Piece of Me’ show. It’s going to be a little bit more street. A little bit more rhythmic. It’s going to feel a little cooler. But it’s still going to be a classic Britney great hits show. You’ll know every song, the visuals will be incredible, she’ll be at 110 percent in terms of her performance. You’re going to have amazing dancers, costumes, set pieces, video, sound – amazing everything.”
    https://www.pollstar.com/article/its-br ... ncy-136539
    make me....move

by » Fri October 19th, 2018, 23:54

Interesting read indeed. .

This is definitely having a bigger production than the "Piece Of Me Show".
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 04:04

She better elevate this. I expect her to re-record vocals this time and not just lip sync to 1999-2003 vocals of her old songs. :-? :-?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 09:35

A Classic britney great hits show

I don’t want another POM pt 2

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 09:53

Did you even read the article above? It’ll be nothing like POM.
    make me....move

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 11:20

Three things they should change this time:
    1. I need some good intros with her, not that random stuff on POM. Something more like the FF-Tour-Theme, something more dramatic.
    2. I hope she does new choreography!
    3. I pray that she play some forgotten hits of her (My Prerogative, Overprotected, Hold It Against Me (!), maybe Outrageous would be cool, bring Everytime back, S&S with her singing it, Lucky or Sometimes, I Wanna Go or 3 ...
    Britney 4 EVER.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 11:24

I love the title and picture

I hope this show will have better choreos than POM
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Justin Timberlake

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:12

OMG. They absolutely DRAGGED her to the pits.

Manager
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:24

and they are right. it was ridiculous

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:27

Well, you can’t deny it hasn’t started as she intends to continue
    M08T10

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:28

I hope she can recover from ET Canada dragging her.
    make me....move

Manager
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:33

Pls take the stan goggles off for those 4 minutes and admit this was the most non existing announcement and disappointment. Imagine being there in the crowd waiting for hours and then you get this

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:37

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy
    Pls take the stan goggles off for those 4 minutes and admit this was the most non existing announcement and disappointment. Imagine being there in the crowd waiting for hours and then you get this

In fairness, if they’re big enough fans to be there, they sort of know what to expect with Britney

She got more press and attention for her announcement announcement though. They shouldn’t have live streamed the actual announcement, and just relied on press photos to promote it.
    M08T10

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 13:38

I’m aware it was messy, but this is like your third post dragging her. Not even her own fans care this much.

At least her team tried to do something instead of just tweeting a Ticketmaster link and calling it a day.
    make me....move

Superstar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 15:42

Why they hired NappyTabs is beyond me. They're the worst creative directors that Jennifer ever worked with...
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Legend
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 16:10

It really was, it's amazing to watch though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 17:35

Just got my tickets for July 24
    make me....move

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 19:06

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct
    I hope she can recover from ET Canada dragging her.
    Wow her tickets won't sell now because of ET Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct
    Just got my tickets for July 24
    So cool . . . Pre-sale?
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 19:12

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    It really was, it's amazing to watch though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 19:30

There’s even a dumb Illuminati/symbolism video about the announcement stuff already

Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

by » Sat October 20th, 2018, 19:38

Quote Originally Posted by MusicRecords
    There’s even a dumb Illuminati/symbolism video about the announcement stuff already

The poster itself and the revealed stage design are already illuminati enough

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 07:24

As Britney announces her brand-new Las Vegas residency Domination, which kicks off in February 2019 and is bound to feature huge hits and a few surprises, we've delved deep to uncover her Top 20 most popular non-singles, based on sales and streams...

1 MY ONLY WISH (THIS YEAR) BRITNEY SPEARS 2000
    2 SMS (BANGERZ) MILEY CYRUS FT BRITNEY SPEARS 2013
    3 OUTRAGEOUS BRITNEY SPEARS 2003
    4 DO YOU WANNA COME OVER BRITNEY SPEARS 2016
    5 GET NAKED (I GOT A PLAN) BRITNEY SPEARS 2007
    6 BREATHE ON ME BRITNEY SPEARS 2003
    7 PRIVATE SHOW BRITNEY SPEARS 2016
    8 TOY SOLDIER BRITNEY SPEARS 2007
    9 CLUMSY BRITNEY SPEARS 2016
    10 OUT FROM UNDER BRITNEY SPEARS 2008
    11 CHRIS COX MEGAMIX BRITNEY SPEARS 2004
    12 SHATTERED GLASS BRITNEY SPEARS 2008
    13 CINDERELLA BRITNEY SPEARS 2001
    14 KILL THE LIGHTS BRITNEY SPEARS 2008
    15 OOH OOH BABY BRITNEY SPEARS 2007
    16 JUST LUV ME BRITNEY SPEARS 2016
    17 TOM'S DINER GIORGIO MORODER/BRITNEY SPEARS 2015
    18 (I GOT THAT) BOOM BOOM BRITNEY SPEARS 2003
    19 UNUSUAL YOU BRITNEY SPEARS 2008
    20 FREAKSHOW BRITNEY SPEARS 2007
    A countdown of Britney's top-selling non-single tracks from the UK Charts in honour of her new Vegas residency. Read the full thing here!
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?