Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears - Domination [Postponed]

Manager
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 12:23

I just want her to perform "My Prerogative", better costumes and good choreo. That's all I'm asking for!
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Justin Timberlake

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 12:40

Quote Originally Posted by JeremySpears
    I just want her to perform "My Prerogative", better costumes and good choreo. That's all I'm asking for!

I’d say there’s a good chance she’ll include her singles that she didn’t include in POM. I think the show needs be conceptually much stronger and she really needs new choreographers and radically re-worked songs (that I suppose uses her studio vocals). For what is essentially a dance show, I’d really love to see her go high concept theatre and try to create a show no one would expect.
    M08T10

Superstar
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 17:10

This looks much more exciting than it really was
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 18:08

Why do the Beyonce fans care so much about that announcement? how random

I think what matters most and what its really important is that there is a new upcoming show and deal . . . the way it was announced is completely irrelevant and extra.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 18:08

They wisely showed more of the fans than of Britney in the trailer.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 18:59

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    I think what matters most and what its really important is that there is a new upcoming show and deal . . . the way it was announced is completely irrelevant and extra.
    This. I know the announcement was messy but there were some cool parts about it. The production was insane and she looked amazing. It was better than just tweeting a Ticketmaster link and calling it a day like others have. At least they tried to go all out.

The new show is shaping up to be epic

TMZ: Britney Spears is going urban, street and hip-hop ... that's what we're being told by the folks who are creating her 2.0 Vegas concert residency.

Britney announced Thursday she was making a return to the Las Vegas Strip to bring back her hugely successful residency.

Sources involved in the show's production tell us ... the new show will look and feel fundamentally different from her 'Piece of Me' residency at Planet Hollywood.

The new show -- at MGM Park -- will have "an urban, street, hip-hop vibe" that will be reflected in the music, wardrobe, choreography, backup dancers and set design.

And there's more ... as one production source put it, the stage will have "bleeding edge technology." And, we're told, they've hired 2 creative directors who developed J Lo's successful Vegas residency.

Britney will not be going all N.W.A. ... she'll still perform all her hits, but there will be mixes in between songs and a significant dose of hip-hop.

Brit knows her show has to be bigger and better than before, and we're told she's psyched.

It better be good ... she's raking in around half a mil for each performance.
    http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/20/britney-s ... op-street/

So exciting. Can't wait to see her again.
    make me....move

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 19:03

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct
    TMZ: Britney Spears is going urban, street and hip-hop ... that's what we're being told by the folks who are creating her 2.0 Vegas concert residency.

Britney announced Thursday she was making a return to the Las Vegas Strip to bring back her hugely successful residency.

Sources involved in the show's production tell us ... the new show will look and feel fundamentally different from her 'Piece of Me' residency at Planet Hollywood.

The new show -- at MGM Park -- will have "an urban, street, hip-hop vibe" that will be reflected in the music, wardrobe, choreography, backup dancers and set design.

And there's more ... as one production source put it, the stage will have "bleeding edge technology." And, we're told, they've hired 2 creative directors who developed J Lo's successful Vegas residency.

Britney will not be going all N.W.A. ... she'll still perform all her hits, but there will be mixes in between songs and a significant dose of hip-hop.

Brit knows her show has to be bigger and better than before, and we're told she's psyched.

It better be good ... she's raking in around half a mil for each performance.
    http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/20/britney-s ... op-street/

So exciting. Can't wait to see her again.
    I'm confident that the show will be different and better than the previous one . . . . but I think they're pretty much in the early stages of the show's creation and design and many things and ideas could change and evolve by the time the show actually starts.

Also I don't get how this "Hip hop, street and urban vibe" suits the dark gothic image of the promotional poster at all.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 19:05

They probably meant choreography wise or something. I don't think this show will be as "cheesy" as POM or the FFT.
    make me....move

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 19:11

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct
    They probably meant choreography wise or something. I don't think this show will be as "cheesy" as POM or the FFT.
    They're likely improving the production.

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 19:20

I wonder if urban, street and hip-hop is an indication on the next album direction too....
    M08T10

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 19:29

Quote Originally Posted by menime123
    I wonder if urban, street and hip-hop is an indication on the next album direction too....
    I doubt it. Britney will always be so pop-ish even when she tries not to be . . . .

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 21:18

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix
    I doubt it. Britney will always be so pop-ish even when she tries not to be . . . .

Clearly I mean pop with those influences. She’s not exactly a genre junkie is she
    M08T10

by » Sun October 21st, 2018, 21:38

Clearly I mean pop with those influences. She’s not exactly a genre junkie is she
    Exactly.

She likes to experiment with several genres when she has the chance to do it but in a very subtle way by still keeping the super Pop production nature on first place.

I think "In The Zone" will always remain her most urban and experimental album. She did play with some new genres for "Glory" such as Latin music ("Change Your Mind"), Reggae ("Slumber Party"), Country / Folk ("Just Like Me"), Soul ("What You Need"), Ska ("Love Me Down"), etc. but still all canalized under a very Pop production.

Britney is the most "Pop" artist you can find in the music business.

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Mon October 22nd, 2018, 01:47

During her peak years, I thought that going full urban would have made her career more exciting, especially since "Slave", "Boys" and "Outrageous" were great song that she was able to pull off. Looking back, those songs are barely even known and remembered and she would have probably been abandoned by the fickle urban community if she had continuously pushed for the urban sound. Having witnessed the tour live, the people are really here for her pop songs.

by » Mon October 22nd, 2018, 05:14

GRAMMY AWARDS: Britney Spears Announces New Las Vegas 'Domination' In 2019

The GRAMMY-winning popstar announced she will return to Sin City for a new residency in 2019, after taking it over with almost 250 shows from 2013-2017

The eternal pop princess Britney Spears is ready to take over Las Vegas again, over a year since her wildly popular four year long Piece of Me residency ended in December 2017. On Oct. 18 she announced her Domination Vegas residency, beginning February 2019 at the new Park Theater.

In true Britney fashion, there was plenty of hype and fanfare around the official announcement, stoking fans' excitement with a "pre-announcement" last week on the Ellen Show, where she told host Ellen DeGeneres: "My announcement is actually that I have an announcement." This lead to a livestream from Las Vegas on DeGeneres' YouTube channel yesterday that involved a 22-minute buildup complete with a hype guy, adoring fans and Britney songs blasting before Spears herself appeared onstage as the Domination announcement was projected on the building behind her. It appears that the city is ready to "Work B**ch" to the popstar's blowout performances yet again.

Spears' first Las Vegas residency, Piece of Me at Planet Hollywood, began in 2013 and was originally set as a 50-show, two-year venture, but she ended up doing 248 performances, culminating on Dec. 31, 2017 and racking in $137.7 million in ticket sales.

While Las Vegas has been a vacation/party/show destination for years, as Variety states, "[The Piece of Me] show helped rebrand the city as a music destination as scores of tourists were able to take in hits like '…Baby One More Time,' 'Toxic' and 'Oops!... I did It Again' in an environment offering VIP services and top-notch stage production."

While she is not first artist to do a Las Vegas residency—Celine Dion has been doing it for years—following the show's launch in 2013, the floodgates opened for residencies from big-name artists, including Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, Aerosmith, Jennifer Lopez and Gwen Stefani, and the city is now a bigger music destination.

What songs do you want to hear Spears perform during her Domination shows? Is it her breakout GRAMMY-nominated single "…Baby One More Time," the sexy dance-pop "Toxic," which she took home Best Dance Recording for at the 47th GRAMMY Awards, the assertive dancefloor banger "Work B**ch," the sultry "Slumber Party" from her last album Glory, featuring R&B songstress Tinashe, or one of her many other pop classics?

Spears kicks-off her Domination on Feb. 13, 2019, with dates currently scheduled until August. Tickets go on sale Oct. 26 via Ticketmaster.
    Source: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/bri ... ation-2019

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Mon October 22nd, 2018, 05:33

I really hope she performs My Prerogative.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

make me....move

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Sat October 27th, 2018, 14:28

She needs to perform these songs:

My Prerogative
    From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
    Overprotected
    I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
    Born to Make You Happy

The last four songs are fan favorites she has never performed in the last 10-15 years.

Manager
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sun October 28th, 2018, 20:33

Y’all know what we got last time she started a residency : Britney Jean

I hope this time around it won’t be a rushed album..

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Mon October 29th, 2018, 00:35

I think she is in a much better place now musically.

by » Mon October 29th, 2018, 00:47

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    I think she is in a much better place now musically.
    Totally. "Glory" was a huge step up.

BTW. . . I don't think she'll ever perform "My Prerogative", "Overprotected" or "I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" . . So I wouldn't expect those songs on the set list.

I miss the days when she turned some classics like "Oops I Did It Again", "Stronger", "Crazy" etc into Rock songs for her concerts (like she did most notably on her Dream Within A Dream Tour and some notable live performances). Hope she brings the Rock feeling back.

Also "Womanizer", "Baby One More Time", "Toxic" and "Slave" are essential and will pretty much be on the set list. I think she'll include "Work Bitch", "Gimme More" and "Piece Of Me" again.

I also think there will be a couple new songs on the set list.

by » Tue October 30th, 2018, 19:42

How is it selling now that tickets are available? Can we find out?

by » Tue October 30th, 2018, 19:59

All of the shows have many tickets left. You can see this on ticketmaster. Im not really surprised though. She willl sell out though as the shows get closer. Hopefully some promo in January or something.

My hope is that there is one outfit with pants. I know it wont happen though.

by » Tue October 30th, 2018, 21:15

Hopefully she performs "Hold It Against Me" for the first time since 2011

Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Wed October 31st, 2018, 01:48

She really needs to bring out the songs she has not performed. "Hold It Against Me" has been ignored for quite a while now. Some of her other old hits have been left out as well. Also, "Boys" needs to retire. It's always there!

I really hope (well, this most likely won't happen) that she plays the piano again. She did it for the Onyx Hotel Tour with "Everytime". A live segment would be nice too. She suddenly performed an actual live song recently and she did well. If she wants to do covers, the management should allow her, she was obviously a lot more passionate with that live country performance. She even talked to the audience longer than usual.