Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,326 to 1,348 of 1348

Thread: Mariah Carey - The Caution World Tour

  1. #1326
    GetBack's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2010
    Location
    Netflix
    Posts
    32,571
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

    by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 07:19

    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    She could do what Kelly Clarkson has just announced. The full concert on VR with MelodyVR. I think it's a really interesting idea. It's not compatable with my phone or my partners Samsung s10 plus but hopefully l find a way to watch. It would work in Mariahs favour. People wouldn't buy a dvd but I think they'd stream it
    That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.

  2. #1327
    Eamon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2009
    Posts
    21,982
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    by » Thu July 11th, 2019, 10:02

    Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.
    Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

    Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.

  3. #1328
    delapuerta's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,307
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 20:11

    All the artists edit or dub their dvds but OK.

    I'd love if she would do another Albert Royal Hall residency with no more dates in Europe. Like 5 days in a row. I've been to 11 concerts and that was the best, she was gleaming and very into it (the venue is amazing). This tour has been amazing, I wish she does a pt 2 for Asia, Australia and South America

  4. #1329
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 21:49

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

    Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.
    A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.

  5. #1330
    Eamon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2009
    Posts
    21,982
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 21:59

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.
    No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.

  6. #1331
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 22:04

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.
    Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.

  7. #1332
    Eamon's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2009
    Posts
    21,982
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 22:11

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.
    She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

    Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.

  8. #1333
    RayRay's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15,335
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 22:17

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post

    Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.
    InFamous wants a full bann obviously.
    My Instagram... - Click here

  9. #1334
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Sun July 21st, 2019, 23:41

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

    Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.
    Madonna has never lipped in her life.

  10. #1335
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    28,827
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 08:46

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Madonna has never lipped in her life.
    Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
    Cha Cha Instructor

  11. #1336
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 15:23

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
    I didn't mention her first.

  12. #1337
    DOSSOME's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    21 May 2013
    Posts
    12,962
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 16:18

    Thirsty bishes... eww

  13. #1338
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    8,469
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 16:25

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Madonna has never lipped in her life.
    Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  14. #1339
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 16:46

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
    Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.

  15. #1340
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    8,469
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 22nd, 2019, 17:10

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.
    She's not.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

  16. #1341
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    22,960
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

    by » Thu July 25th, 2019, 03:40

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Madonna has never lipped in her life.
    Whew chiiiilllleeeeee...
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra


    - Ugh, those feels again

  17. #1342
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,944
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    by » Thu July 25th, 2019, 06:32

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Madonna has never lipped in her life.
    Did you really just say that?
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  18. #1343
    MrDash's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    18 Nov 2018
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,798
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

    by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 13:31

    Just another 14 days to go till the last date of Caution world tour.

    Wished that she had explored more countries ...
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

  19. #1344
    sts's Avatar

    Join Date
    30 Jul 2019
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 15:29

    Was there ever an attendance and box office score for the London shows? Or for the rest of the European leg after Dublin, for that matter?

  20. #1345
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,944
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 01:47

    So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

    Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  21. #1346
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 03:56

    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

    Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out
    OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.

  22. #1347
    BehindBreakaway's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    01 Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,944
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 06:51

    Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.
    Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

  23. #1348
    InFamous's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    29 Sep 2016
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    by » Tue August 20th, 2019, 16:24

    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released
    Due to demand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •