User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Spice Girls - Spice World Tour 2019 (Spoilers)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 19:22

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    Are we going to pretend that they are not very BRITNEY 2019 in this tour?
    Robo-Britney could NEVER dance so effortlessly like Melanie C, Emma & Mel B do.

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 6th, 2019, 19:44

Apparently Australian journalists have been invited over for an undisclosed reason, which they will only be informed of once they arrive.

New leg down under?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 02:04

i'm looking forward to Edinburgh show! two more sleeps

Legend
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 7th, 2019, 03:32

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Apparently Australian journalists have been invited over for an undisclosed reason, which they will only be informed of once they arrive.

New leg down under?
    hope they bring it over to the States

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 8th, 2019, 21:26

Really good full bootleg in HD:

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 06:54

I saw them in Edinburgh during the weekend and still can't really believe it finally happened- after 23 years! The whole experience was just extraordinary and I don't think I have ever seen such an atmosphere at a gig before. Even before it started, I spotted so many people wearing Spice t-shirts during the day in the city centre and it felt like everyone was talking about it. Even on the plane on Friday!

The only thing that did slightly disappoint me was Ginger though. She has been my favourite since '96, but she was rather dull during the whole gig. It feels like she was not really there and she thinks she is the Queen of England or something. At least that is how she speaks and acts these days.
    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 07:40

I think out of all of them, the Ginger persona was always going to be the one that would be grown out of the most... Ginger is my fave, but her original role was to be gobby and to look sexy, camp and be a bit outrageous. Geri is nearly 50 - she doesn’t want to flash her tits anymore.

Personally I think her opening costume is sexy, camp and outrageous, so I think that works... but she’s grown up. It’s not like Sporty where she just has to put a tracksuit on, or like Baby where she can put a pink dress on - Ginger was an entire OTT persona and Geri was over that decades ago when she did a bunk

If you watch the videos floating around, she’s also struggling a lot remembering the choreography. Mel C is literally pushing and guiding her around the stage and Mel B is just pointing out when she notices Geri messing up

But at least she’s turning up...

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 08:01

I can definitely understand she has outgrown the Ginger persona, fair enough. I just expected her to give it a bit more energy and attention. She rarely did any interaction with the crowd and when she was speaking it felt like she was doing a Queen Elizabeth speech. It does not work for her that both Mel's are giving it 110% and get the whole crowd going. Mel B especially was made for an arena tour.

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 08:49

Yes, both Mels are killing it. I do worry that Geri is over it all again and won’t want to continue.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 13:53

Quote Originally Posted by menime123 View Post
    Yes, both Mels are killing it. I do worry that Geri is over it all again and won’t want to continue.
    Same. I get that feeling as well. Funny enough as I always thought she and Mel B were the ones who were most up for a reunion.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu June 13th, 2019, 13:56

I'm watching the full concert on youtube and yeah, Geri is just lost. The other three belong on stage especially the Mels. Geri barely moves even in songs where they barely move, she moves less. I had second hand embarrassment during Holler. Her vocals have improved but she wants to be there as much as Posh wanted to be at the 'Viva Forever' premiere.
    Uk the only way

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 09:11

I have never experienced such an atmosphere like yesterday in Wembley. It was like a huge sing along. People all over the stadium in good mood having fun.

Honestly I thought Geri would be still and boring, but she looked liked she enjoyed the show. The other girls were having the time of heir lives.
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 14:39

Geri shushed us in Dublin I mean I understand why, olé olé olé grates on me sometimes too but there's no denying she's changed the most. She was my favourite growing up but she's a different person now. Mel C has gained all my respect after this tour!

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 14th, 2019, 15:00

I just love how much Mel B seems to be loving life up on that stage. I still think it’s a shame Posh isn’t there but it works without her.

Anyway, I’m finally off to Wembley tonight to spice up my life!

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 08:24

^Hope you had a brilliant time!

It is making me a little sad tonight is the last night already! It has been so good to be fully back in Spice World again and see them smashing this tour. Ofcourse the big question for tonight; will we see Victoria in the audience?

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 15th, 2019, 14:23

They all seemed to have really loved this tour and it's been amazing to watch. I hope they stay around for a little longer!

And dare I say, maybe some new music too

Legend
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 02:14

So the Aussie tour leg announcement is apparently happening tonight!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 02:33

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
    Yep its all over Facebook this morning. February 2020.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 07:21

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
    Oehh!! Exciting times. Melanie C posted a comment on Instagram saying 'The End... ???', so there is definitely more coming up.

I did find it a bit strange Victoria, in the end, never showed up to one of the concerts. I completely understand why she is not being part of it, but not even as an audience member? It feels a bit strange.

Manager
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 09:41

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    ^Hope you had a brilliant time!
    I really did thanks

It’s so hard to explain how much this band and these songs mean to me. I was 8 when Wannabe was released and now I’m in my 30s dancing and singing along with them in Wembley Stadium 23 years later.

The show was wonderful and so different to the reunion tour. Their 2007 show felt like a bookend - a greatest hits show to end that chapter of their lives and to give us fans closure on the Spice Girls.

This though... this show feels like return to Spiceworld and doesn’t give any impression that it’s the end of the last thing they’ll do as a band. It feels very much like a mission statement and that it’s just the beginning again.

The show was so much fun and I love that they did more album tracks this time (though I surprisingly missed the inclusion of a solo section - considering they each have at least one #1 they could have performed). I also wish they had performed one album track from Forever, as that album is always shaded - but how random and wonderful to hear the album version of LLLTW with Mel B’s adlibs.

I have to say, Ginger totally delivered in Wembley. She wasn’t perfect, but she was giving it her all. It really meant a lot to her to perform in front of her home crowd and I think at times she was slightly over whelmed.

The press and people who aren’t fans have really tried to discredit them over the last few weeks. But there’s a universal truth they can’t ignore - this is a band that wrote all of their own songs, earned every number one on sales alone, and have a catalogue of music loved by millions. Good music will always be good music and they deserve more respect than they get imo.

Final note: one thing that stuck with me from the reunion show was how LOUD the crowd sung along. I’d never heard a crowd like it before or after... until I got to Wembley. Wow. You could hardly hear the band at times because the crowd were just going for it and singing at the top of their voices. Absolutely magical listening to 70,000 people singing Say You’ll Be There, Viva Forever and 2 Become 1 like their lives depended on it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 10:50

^Good to hear! I knew you would have an amazing time.

I can't believe this leg is over now, I actually feel a bit sad.. It has been such a blast, just seeing all the little videos and then to see them myself as well. I was just watching from footage from the last Wembley show and the Mama performance with their own mums and kids almost made me cry. It is so beautiful to see them together and genuine with each other. On a side note, I also watched some videos of Adele and I just want a DVD which only shows her during the concert- what a true legend she is. Haha.
    And apparently they performed a few snippers of their solo works and Mel did not know the words to Word Up anymore. Gotta love her.

Legend
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 11:49

Last night at Wembley... best concert of my life. Without a doubt.
    It was just... magical.
    I must confess that I had low expectations because of the videos I had seen, the press, Geri’s attitude, because the 2007 concert was their highlight for me. But I was wrong.

We were at the Spice Circle and it wasn’t totally crowded so we were able to move and go from main stage to closer to the catwalk when they were there.
    The crowd was really loud and living it. Not only on the Spice Circle but the whole stadium.

Geri was obviously the weakest dancer and singer (as she’s always been, anyway). But, even though she’s not that Ginger we used to know, I really felt she was having a blast last night. She was really emotional at times. She even apologized to the rest of the girls for leaving in 1998 and being “a brat”.

They brought their mums and some of their children on stage for Mama. They got really emotional and so did I. Couldn’t stop crying...

Regarding Victoria. I’m not gonna lie, I was waiting till the last moment for her to appear on stage yesterday (until I found out she was in a wedding in Seville). I’m disappointed. I get it, you don’t want to be a Spice Girl anymore, but that would have been a symbolic recognition to your fans and the girls.
    The girls didn’t even mention her at all (just the “Where is she?” in Wannabe’s rap).

And by the way, Australian tour is pretty much confirmed. I knew it from one of their crew members (I was told they’d be going there by the end of this year) and Mel B said last night in February 2020.

Sadly, no profesional recording last night either (although at times there was a guy with a camera on stage that wasn’t there the other nights, my friends told me).

Setlist, attitude, clothes, stage... it was a perfect concert.
    One of the most special ones I’ve ever experienced.