Thread: UKMIX :: Personal Chart of the Year 2018 [Finished]

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat December 29th, 2018, 20:37

There goes my top 2

#1 - [200 points] - heppolo's personal chart Top 30 now extended (daily chart) (heppolo)
    #2 - [190 points] - Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100 (FreakyFlyBry)

Legend
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat December 29th, 2018, 20:55

^Thank you a lot for your votes. Very much appreciated and I am really flattered
    I hope my chart survives through the article 13 turmoil, vevo shenanigans and etc. because soundcloud, bandcamp and spotify has endless heaps of new music and I would collapse under the weight of unfiltered content so youtube helps me to pick some cherries.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat December 29th, 2018, 22:59

Thanks to all who voted for me
    italian music is the best HAHA

Legend
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun December 30th, 2018, 05:38

Stevyy's chart is good. I appreciate his eclectic taste. Despite sharing an all-time favourite artist, our tastes are quite different, so it's fun checking out music from acts I don't know.

I really ought to visit heppolo's chart more!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 15:00

Happy New Year everyone!

I was away for a few days but today I'll finally post the final update!

Love both, heppolo and stevyy from the latest update. Both obviously made my list as well, two of the most consistent personal charts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by stevyy
    Thank you Tansike for hosting. U are an amazing poster.
    Thank you <3 Same to you

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 20:43

2. Akini&#39;s Daily Top 20 (by JSparksFan)

Check it out

No. of voters: 12
    Chartrun: *1*-4-2-4-2- / 5y

1. My Charts (by Tansike)

Check it out

No. of voters: 12
    Chartrun: 19-2-*1*-1-1- / 5y

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 20:48

wow, no doubt the top4 are the 4 hottest personal charts imo. Great job Tansike! the job you do in your charts is outstanding. Love reading and checking everything. Congratulations for you too alongside Akini as those are the top 2 PC that get the most attention weekly!
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    PLAY Sara Bareilles Artist Survivor @ Music Games & Survivors
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

Legend
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 20:49

Congratulations!
    Great top 2.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 21:36

No big surprises in the top. My top 7 votes looked like this:
    #1 - [200 points] - My Charts (Tansike)
    #2 - [190 points] - Tony's Charts (Blondini)
    #3 - [180 points] - trebor's Pulse Country Update 100 - Personal Chart (trebor)
    #4 - [170 points] - Akini's Daily Top 20 (JSparksFan)
    #5 - [160 points] - Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100 (FreakyFlyBry)
    #6 - [150 points] - heppolo's personal chart Top 30 now extended (daily chart) (heppolo)
    #7 - [140 points] - GaGarazzi's Charts (GaGarazzi)
    (I also tried to give 999 points to MrRager but those weren't accepted.)

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue January 1st, 2019, 22:21

Thanks for this Tansike

and also thanks for the votes and the comments
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 2nd, 2019, 05:27

Many thanks to everyone who voted for my chart, and, more importantly, everyone who commits the time and effort to make their own personal charts. This is such a great section of the site - the best folder, in my humble opinion - and it's because of the collective efforts of individual posters. My chart will be a decade old this year, and it's been an immense joy sharing my little music journal with you wonderful folks. It's always a joy seeing how we share new songs with one another, and then have those tracks impact each other's charts. It's a cycle of music discovery that's beautiful, seamless, and a big part of what I've stayed on the site for.

Many congrats to Tansike on winning! His chart presentation is clean, detailed, and visually solid, but that would count for little if the songs didn't deliver, and he's been sharing exceptional music with us for six-plus years. I always reference "Crystallize" when I talk about his chart because I probably would never have discovered that song were it not for him, and 1,000+ plays later, it's become one of my favourite tracks of all-time, and my preferred study companion. Beyond that one, there's been the odd symphonic metal song I checked out, and liked, and his chart usually reminds me to give pop releases I may have forgotten about a spin. It's a well-deserved third consecutive victory, and a big thank you on putting this countdown together. Looking forward to many more years with your chart.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 3rd, 2019, 20:32

So first, let me thank everyone who has voted for My Charts, I really appreciate all that and I have to say once again that I never thought me putting together my favorite songs and albums of the week would gather so much interest. I started back in 2007 with writing down a Top10 on paper and some 11-12 years later it ended up as a Singles Top40/Album Top20 that I'm sharing on here. It's what I love to do the most. So, thank you all so, so much!

Second, thanks to everyone who has voted in this countdown in general. This section is still my favorite part of this awesome forum and having 19 voters in what was probably the most quiet year for the Personal Charts section since I joined is a great number. So thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to send in a voting list!

Last but not least, big congrats to Akini! Your charts is truly legendary and I'm still amazed how you're able to put together a DAILY chart. Also, as you probably know, I really love your taste and sometimes your charts is the perfect opportunity for me to re-discover some of the 00s Pop classics, where most of my all-time-favorites are from. And your words made me teary-eyed - thank you so much! <3

Superstar
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 3rd, 2019, 20:37

Akini's chart was my #2 , and I don't think Tansike was far behind. I love the daily hcart and can't imagine the commitment to do it, but I never fail to find songs each day that I enjoy as well. Thanks for all your work on the forum to both of you

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 3rd, 2019, 20:50

Aww you guys. <3 I prefer to look at this countdown as more of a celebration of the different charts. I love how eclectic our tastes are and just like Akini mentioned its one of the best ways for discovering music.

My personal tastes are more radio friendly so more often than not my chart is packed with chart hits that everyone knows. I feel quite honoured if anybody discovered a song from my own chart that they also truly love. Music is a celebration in itself, and charts are a big part of that.

A big thank you to those who awarded my chart with points. But an even bigger thank you to everyone who helps make the personal charts forum such a joy to visit.

Finally, congrats Tansike on reigning supreme once again (i predicted you would win on page 2 ) but also a massive well done on making this a successful countdown. I genuinely think the work and effort you guys put into these forums is amazing and i can't imagine what this forum would be like without you. <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 3rd, 2019, 21:31

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    So first, let me thank everyone who has voted for My Charts, I really appreciate all that and I have to say once again that I never thought me putting together my favorite songs and albums of the week would gather so much interest.
    Congrats for the great amount of the time you spare for practically 2 charts a week.
    Second, thanks to everyone who has voted in this countdown in general. This section is still my favorite part of this awesome forum and having 19 voters in what was probably the most quiet year for the Personal Charts section since I joined is a great number.
    No problem, I see there are still some new users posting their charts, so the situation is so-so.
    Top 10 - 23.05.2019.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon January 7th, 2019, 22:41

21 is my lucky number, thanks to all the voters

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    KokoCollino introduced me to Pabllo Vittar this year, so I'm definitely indebted to him for that!
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Next year I will rename my chart to "Magnus's bi-daily chart written by the pencil". That way I will beat JSparksFan for update frequency and Koko for funniest chart title.

Thanks for hosting Tansike <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 11th, 2019, 23:25

14. Ray&#39;s weekly charts (by RayRay)

Check it out

No. of voters: 8
    Chartrun: *14*- / 1y
    I am just seeing this now. Thanks everyone for voting me.
    My personal chart with Eurovision... at #1 - Click here