User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 364

Thread: Dido :: The "Still On My Mind" Era

  1. #201
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 19:33

    Quote Originally Posted by sprock93 View Post
    I'm not pretending a #1 in the next weeks. This will be at 99% the only chance to get the #1.
    We are here to analyze numbers. As she still has some poor chances, I was only saying that, if BMG, could try a
    kidney stroke. That's all
    They could've tried discount, they could've organized signing cds, or even performances in record shops like for Life for Rent, but they didn't which means that #1 is not their highest priority. But, what they did is stopping her to fall into Nelly Furtado category, which was rightfully expected and that is far more important
    B. get off my pole!

  2. #202
    beredy's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,988
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 19:38

    You're comparing her sales "power" in 2013 with the one in 2019 based on the fact GWGA peaked #5 but in a very competitive week. She is coming off two commercially very mildly performing albums, hasn't had a huge mainstream single since Life For Rent era and despite all that factoring in, in an age where physical sales, her strongest format, are nearly dead and she hasn't been around to gain streaming listeners, and you still expect her to perform the same even if you're just being relative numbers wise and not absolute.

    No Westen, this is not because it's you. I actually like you, even though I don't agree with you 99,99% of the time. But what you're saying is still comparing 2013 numbers with 2019 which is completely pointless. Live in here and now and accept these numbers as actually quite good for her despite all the handicap she has against her.

  3. #203
    Ivica's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    06 May 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    35,701
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 19:40

    Wednesday Top 40 ONLY Update

    Albums


    1 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost: Part 1 (15.8k) *
    2 Dave - Psychodrama (15.4k) *
    3 Dido - Still On My Mind (15.1k) *
    4 Sigrid - Sucker Punch (14.1k) *
    5 Tom Walker - What a Time to Be Alive (13.4k)



  4. #204
    Stillonmymind's Avatar

    Join Date
    12 Nov 2018
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 19:49

    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Dave has 13 songs inside top 200, Foals 4, Sigrid 1, Dido 0. I've heard that Dave is good, so I'll wait Friday to check out his music, so I don't contribute more streaming points I'm interested in Sigrid's output as well.
    Well, she is playing his album so don’t feel bad if u do lol
    https://twitter.com/didoofficial/sta...419937792?s=21

  5. #205
    joao's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,923
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 21:46

    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    They could've tried discount, they could've organized signing cds, or even performances in record shops like for Life for Rent, but they didn't which means that #1 is not their highest priority. But, what they did is stopping her to fall into Nelly Furtado category, which was rightfully expected and that is far more important
    Well, GWGA sold in its first week a half of what STH did. So actually 16k for SOMM is in line with what I expected because its a half of what the previous album did. Seems logical that each year without a hit means less people care about her music. Promo gimmicks might have an impact but the only thing that could make her decline reverse is a hit. As long as her songs arent played anywhere, I dont see any chance for the album to sell in the long run.

  6. #206
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 13-03-19, 21:57

    Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    Well, GWGA sold in its first week a half of what STH did. So actually 16k for SOMM is in line with what I expected because its a half of what the previous album did. Seems logical that each year without a hit means less people care about her music. Promo gimmicks might have an impact but the only thing that could make her decline reverse is a hit. As long as her songs arent played anywhere, I dont see any chance for the album to sell in the long run.
    And Nelly Furtado came from the biggest selling album in the world and look where she is now. 6 years is eternity in streaming age and BMG did great job to put her back on map. She's doing fine in this climate and there's no point to comapre it with 2008 or 2013 numbers because not only sales declined, but the way music is consumed as well.
    B. get off my pole!

  7. #207
    Didolover's Avatar

    Join Date
    08 Nov 2012
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 01:46

    The album is the 1 album in Itunes WW for a 5 day

  8. #208
    Aremee's Avatar

    Join Date
    01 Mar 2019
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 09:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Didolover View Post
    The album is the 1 album in Itunes WW for a 5 day
    😁😁😁 - woohoo!

    Album: Still on My Mind

    iTunes:
    #1 Greece
    #1 India
    #1 Spain
    #2 United Kingdom
    #2 Austria
    #2 France
    #2 Germany
    #2 Turkey
    #3 Australia
    #3 Hong Kong
    #3 New Zealand
    #4 Netherlands
    #5 Switzerland
    #6 Canada
    #6 Italy
    #10 Belgium
    #11 South Africa
    #11 Taiwan
    #12 Thailand
    #13 Belarus
    #16 United States
    #18 Bulgaria
    #19 Sri Lanka
    #23 Ireland
    #28 Vietnam
    #29 Estonia
    #31 Russia
    #43 Slovenia
    #46 Hungary
    #119 Singapore

    #1 on iTunes India and doing well in alot of Asian iTunes markets also! 😁

  9. #209
    Stillonmymind's Avatar

    Join Date
    12 Nov 2018
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 11:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Aremee View Post
    😁😁😁 - woohoo!

    Album: Still on My Mind

    iTunes:
    #1 Greece
    #1 India
    #1 Spain
    #2 United Kingdom
    #2 Austria
    #2 France
    #2 Germany
    #2 Turkey
    #3 Australia
    #3 Hong Kong
    #3 New Zealand
    #4 Netherlands
    #5 Switzerland
    #6 Canada
    #6 Italy
    #10 Belgium
    #11 South Africa
    #11 Taiwan
    #12 Thailand
    #13 Belarus
    #16 United States
    #18 Bulgaria
    #19 Sri Lanka
    #23 Ireland
    #28 Vietnam
    #29 Estonia
    #31 Russia
    #43 Slovenia
    #46 Hungary
    #119 Singapore

    #1 on iTunes India and doing well in alot of Asian iTunes markets also! 😁
    She was #8 in Spain yesterday, don't know what happened.
    She is doing so much better on iTunes now than with GWGA.

  10. #210
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B. get off my pole!

  11. #211
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 13:55

    Take You Home passed Give You Up on Spotify, so it's the most popular track from the album at the moment
    B. get off my pole!

  12. #212
    joao's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,923
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 14:31

    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Take You Home passed Give You Up on Spotify, so it's the most popular track from the album at the moment
    Good for Take You Home, they should start promoting it as a single ASAP. But at the same time, it bugs me all the time that album tracks usually outsell Dido´s lead singles. It shows that they usually make bad single choices.

  13. #213
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 16:35

    Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    Good for Take You Home, they should start promoting it as a single ASAP. But at the same time, it bugs me all the time that album tracks usually outsell Dido´s lead singles. It shows that they usually make bad single choices.
    When did that happen?

  14. #214
    Knowler's Avatar

    Join Date
    14 Mar 2019
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 17:10

    Unfortunately, Still On My Mind won't be #1 but I'm happy with this performance
    Last edited by Knowler; 14-03-19 at 17:17.

  15. #215
    Rolling's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,481
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 17:16

    UK Mids

    1 Dave - Psychodrama (18.5k) *
    2 Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost: Part 1 (18.4k) *
    3 Dido - Still On My Mind (17.1k) *
    4 Sigrid - Sucker Punch (15.4k) *

  16. #216
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 17:46

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowler View Post
    Unfortunately, Still On My Mind won't be #1 but I'm happy with this performance
    She did absolutely fine. Now let's see if she'll have some longevity.

  17. #217
    sprock93's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    26 Oct 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    4,181
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 17:54

    The most important thing is longevity and it is a good debut.

  18. #218
    MusicLover88's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    07 Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 17:55

    Good debut. #1 was a long shot anyway considering the competition this week!

  19. #219
    Doves's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    11 Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 18:20

    Looks like dido will settle for #3 which isn’t bad.

    Be interesting to see if this album has legs and at least goes silver 60,000.
    I think gold may be too far of a stretch.
    I'm mad fer it!

  20. #220
    joao's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,923
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 19:58

    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    When did that happen?
    I don´t know how to see old itunes chart history, but if I´m not mistaken, when STH was released, the highest charting song from Dido was Grafton Street. Also when she released GWGA, No Freedom was nowhere to be seen in charts, but some other album tracks were selling on itunes. Right know Hurricanes and Take You Home are doing ok, but Give You Up is nowhere to be seen. Of course in the No Angel and Life For Rent eras, thinks worked fine with the singles. But since then, I don´t think she made good choices for singles.

  21. #221
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 20:02

    Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    I don´t know how to see old itunes chart history, but if I´m not mistaken, when STH was released, the highest charting song from Dido was Grafton Street. Also when she released GWGA, No Freedom was nowhere to be seen in charts, but some other album tracks were selling on itunes. Right know Hurricanes and Take You Home are doing ok, but Give You Up is nowhere to be seen. Of course in the No Angel and Life For Rent eras, thinks worked fine with the singles. But since then, I don´t think she made good choices for singles.
    If some tracks get attention for a day or something, it doesn't mean they are outselling singles. All the songs you mentioned didn't sell a fraction of official singles. Even End of Night that got some nice itunes positions on the release day didn't come close to No Freedom.
    B. get off my pole!

  22. #222
    joao's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,923
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 21:01

    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    If some tracks get attention for a day or something, it doesn't mean they are outselling singles. All the songs you mentioned didn't sell a fraction of official singles. Even End of Night that got some nice itunes positions on the release day didn't come close to No Freedom.
    Yes, but for most artist, the normal is that the lead single is the best selling one on the week of the album release, except when the 2nd single is already being promoted. The fact that Dido´s last lead singles were nowhere to be seen in charts when her albums were released shows that they failed.

  23. #223
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 14-03-19, 21:34

    Quote Originally Posted by joao View Post
    Yes, but for most artist, the normal is that the lead single is the best selling one on the week of the album release, except when the 2nd single is already being promoted. The fact that Dido´s last lead singles were nowhere to be seen in charts when her albums were released shows that they failed.
    GYP is the only track that will appear on UK sales chart, the only one that appeared on Billboard chart and the one with best results on streaming, so i don't get your point. Take You Home is the official second single that was promoted worldwide last Friday on major Spotify playlist, hence the result. It's another question if it will show some longevity and right now it's too early to say.

    GYP is tailor made for AC audience which is her most important target. Pop singles are youth oriented and it's risky to launch an album by 47-year old who was nowhere to be seen for 6 years with that.
    B. get off my pole!

  24. #224
    NoAngel's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    15 Nov 2008
    Location
    B-612
    Posts
    9,307
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » 15-03-19, 01:28

    So, UK chart battle is oficially over! Fingers crossed that she remains top 3 and that GYP debuts top 40 on sales chart
    B. get off my pole!

  25. #225
    LostAvenger's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    10 Jan 2004
    Location
    Long Island City/Queensbridge, New York
    Posts
    25,938
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •