• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    Legend
    • 12 Aug 2008

Paul McCartney

[youtube:3kfzzw66]qCk-PxOqpZI[/youtube:3kfzzw66]

Paul McCartney has shared his unreleased home-recorded demo for Wings’ John Lennon-inspired Wild Life closer “Dear Friend.” The unearthed, piano-and-vocals-only rendition, as well as its newly remastered studio version, feature on the upcoming reissue of the 1971 LP, due out December 7th.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nd-757427/
    My music library: LAST.FM
  • Jonathan
    Legend
    • 12 Aug 2008

Here's What Paul McCartney Has Planned For Record Store Day

Paul McCartney announced on Tuesday (Oct. 8) that he’ll be releasing two new songs for this year’s Record Store Day Black Friday.

The exclusive double-A side will include tracks “Home Tonight” and “In A Hurry,” both of which were recorded during the former Beatles frontman’s sessions for his 2018 album Egypt Station. Both new songs were created with legendary producer Greg Kurstin.

The limited edition vinyl will be available Nov. 29 as a 7-inch picture disc featuring album artwork based on the old-time parlour game "Exquisite Corpse."

Get a first look at the exclusive album art below.

Comment

• Jonathan
      Legend
      • 12 Aug 2008

New songs released, both recorded during Egypt Station's sessions.

Comment

• Jonathan
        Legend
        • 12 Aug 2008

Paul McCartney to reissue his debut solo album for Record Store Day

McCartney, Paul McCartney‘s solo debut album from 1970 will be reissued as a half-speed mastered vinyl pressing for this year’s Record Store Day.

The album features the songs ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’ and ‘Every Night’ and was famously released a few weeks before The BeatlesLet It Be.

Alongside 1980’s McCartney II, the album was expanded and reissued in 2011 as part of McCartney’s ongoing Archive Collection campaign, although bonus material was rather thin on the ground, with only a couple of genuine outtakes added, amongst the extras. Six and a half years later, in November 2017 the album was one of eight Paul McCartney long-players reissued as a limited edition coloured vinyl pressing, with McCartney pressed on red vinyl.

Despite the 50th anniversary, it is still vaguely surprising that this album is being made available again, especially since Flaming Pie from 1997 is widely expected to be reissued in July and a RSD release related to that album would have made more sense.

This does also open up the possibility of MPL and the record label raiding Paul’s archive for more half-speed mastered vinyl, although one hopes that doesn’t happen and they just get on and complete the reissue campaign by tackling albums like 1978’s London Town, 1979’s Back to the Egg and 1986’s Press To Play.

This limited edition of McCartney was pressed from a master cut by Miles Showell at half speed using the original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios. It was made as a vinyl specific transfer in high resolution and without digital peak limiting, for the best possible reproduction.

McCartney will be available at participating independent records shops on 18 April 2020. More Record Store Day-related news on SDE tomorrow.

Comment

• Jonathan
          Legend
          • 12 Aug 2008

Paul McCartney Announces New Flaming Pie Box Set

Paul McCartney is reissuing his 1997 solo album Flaming Pie. The box set is out July 31 (via MPL/Capitol/UMe). The box includes a remastered edition of Flaming Pie, home-recorded demos, acoustic tracks, archival artwork and photographs, and more. Watch an unboxing of the new Flaming Pie reissue below.

Paul McCartney recorded Flaming Pie after working on 1995’s The Beatles Anthology. “(The Beatles Anthology) reminded me of The Beatles’ standards and the standards that we reached with the songs,” McCartney said in a statement. “So in a way it was a refresher course that set the framework for this album.”

Comment

• Jonathan
            Legend
            • 12 Aug 2008

Paul McCartney Announces New Solo Album McCartney III

Paul McCartney will return on December 11th with McCartney III. The self-titled album arrives on the 50th anniversary of the former Beatles’ first solo album; like both McCartney I and its 1980 follow-up McCartney II, McCartney III is solo album in every sense, self-produced and recorded solely by McCartney, who plays every instrument.

“Paul hadn’t planned to release an album in 2020, but in the isolation of ‘Rockdown,’ he soon found himself fleshing out some existing musical sketches and creating even more new ones,” a press release explains. “Before long an eclectic collection of spontaneous songs would become McCartney III: a stripped back, self-produced and, quite literally, solo work marking the opening of a new decade, in the tradition of 1970’s McCartney and 1980’s McCartney II.”

“I was living lockdown life on my farm with my family and I would go to my studio every day,” adds McCartney in his own statement. “I had to do a little bit of work on some film music and that turned into the opening track and then when it was done I thought what will I do next? I had some stuff I’d worked on over the years but sometimes time would run out and it would be left half-finished so I started thinking about what I had. Each day I’d start recording with the instrument I wrote the song on and then gradually layer it all up, it was a lot of fun. It was about making music for yourself rather than making music that has to do a job. So, I just did stuff I fancied doing. I had no idea this would end up as an album.”

A limited-edition vinyl pressing of McCartney III, created using using 33 recycled vinyl copies of McCartney I and McCartney II, is being released by Third Man Records.

McCartney III marks Macca’s 18th solo album to date and arrives a little more than two years after his previous LP, Egypt Station.

Comment

• Jonathan
              Legend
              • 12 Aug 2008

Macca targets a UK number one with a slew of new ‘McCartney III’ CDs

Macca targets a UK number one with a slew of new ‘McCartney III’ CDs

Four new CDs available, each with exclusive bonus audio

It has been over 30 years since a Paul McCartney studio album hit number one in the UK album charts, and the ex-Beatle is hoping to change that next month by tempting fans to buy multiple CD editions of his forthcoming album McCartney III.

Paul reached number one in the USA with his last effort, 2018’s Egypt Station, and although he has come close a few times over the years (Flaming Pie hit number two) you have to go all the way back to 1989’s Flowers in the Dirt to find a UK chart-topper. But with apparently no restrictions at the moment on how many physical formats ‘count’ for a new album in terms of the charts, team McCartney are taking full advantage.

As previously noted on SDE, there are already NINE different coloured vinyl editions of McCartney’s 18th studio album available globally, and by SDE’s reckoning, five of them are chart eligible in the UK: black, white, red, blue and the Spotify ‘coke bottle clear vinyl’.

But until now we’ve only had one version of the humble CD and no format has offered any bonus audio. That changed yesterday, when McCartney launched “McCartney III Colour Collections” a series of “limited colour edition secret demo edition CDs” and “Dice Merch Box Sets”.

So what is this exactly? Putting the merchandise to one side for a moment, at its core, this is four new CD editions of McCartney III that are colour-coded (white, red, blue, yellow) and each CD contains a unique ‘secret’ demo bonus track. You are encouraged to collect them all to ‘complete the series”. This will give collectors four new McCartney tracks not available elsewhere.

Available only from McCartney’s online store, the ‘softpack’ version of these CDs is £10.99 in the UK and around $14.33 in the USA. However, the US also get a cheaper version of these new CDs (in addition to the ‘deluxe’ softpack) at $7.33 which comes in a ‘mini-jacket’ (i.e. card sleeve). The latter isn’t available in the UK, it seems.

That’s not the only difference. America has different bundles, including CD-with-dice, CD-with-a-cap, CD-with-a-T-shirt and CD-with-a-mask. In the UK, only one big £60 bundle is available with ALL of those items together (although you can buy the individual items – T-shirt, dice, etc. – separately without buying a bundle). All bundles get the cheaper ‘mini-jacket’ version of the CD incidentally; to get the ‘deluxe’ soft-pack version you have to buy that separately. Confused? You will be.

This will mean there are 10 different physical editions of McCartney III that will count towards the UK chart: the five vinyl mentioned above and now five CDs (the original CD and the four new ones). A cassette is available in Canada but has not made it to the UK or the USA yet (curiously).

McCartney III is due for release on 11 December 2020, although it’s worth noting that the UK store lists these new CDs with an 18 December release date.

Comment

• AndiIversen
                Legend
                • 18 Mar 2012

Bass Player magazine (May 2021)

Comment

• AndiIversen
                  Legend
                  • 18 Mar 2012

Comment

• Jonathan
                    Legend
                    • 12 Aug 2008

50th Anniversary Edition of the 1973 album Red Rose Speedway by  Paul McCartney & Wings. The original album, which features the #1 hit “My Love”  has been recut at half-speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios.  SIDE A: 1.

Red Rose Speedway

Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2023
                    Release Date: 4/22/2023
                    Format: LP
                    Label: Capitol
                    Quantity: 5000
                    Release type: 'RSD First' Release

50th Anniversary Edition of the 1973 album Red Rose Speedway by Paul McCartney & Wings. The original album, which features the #1 hit “My Love” has been recut at half-speed by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios.

SIDE A:
                    1. "Big Barn Bed"
                    2. "My Love"
                    3. "Get on the Right Thing"
                    4. "One More Kiss"
                    5. "Little Lamb Dragonfly"
                    SIDE B:
                    1. "Single Pigeon"
                    2. "When the Night"
                    3. "Loup (1st Indian on the Moon)"
                    4. "Medley: Hold Me Tight/Lazy Dynamite/Hands of Love/Power Cut"

Comment

• Jonathan
                      Legend
                      • 12 Aug 2008

Paul McCartney Teases Major International Tour: ‘Got to Get You Into My Life’

Paul McCartney appears to be laying the groundwork for another global tour.

The evergreen Beatle posted a cryptic message to his social channels over the weekend, encouraging fans to sign up for his mailing list with the promise of “news coming soon.”

“Got to get you into my life!” reads the post, a nod to the Revolver-era classic.

That same message, set against a blue sky with white clouds, over the sound of an old-school radio set tuning into a station, is reposted on the official channels for Frontier Touring, the Australian concerts giant.

Founded by the late Michael Gudinski, Frontier Touring produced McCartney’s 2017 stadium tour of Australia and New Zealand, his first in these parts in almost a quarter century.

The 81-year-old, two-time Rock And Roll Hall of Famer is showing no signs of slowing down.

Following the release of Peter Jackson’s three-part 2021 documentary series The Beatles: Get Back, McCartney hit the road for his Got Back Tour, which last year nudged his total career gross north of the $1 billion mark, making him one of just 11 artists to surpass the 10-digit mark in Boxscore’s 30-year-plus history.

Comment

• Jonathan
                        Legend
                        • 12 Aug 2008

“I’ve got so many amazing memories of my time in Australia over the years,” Paul McCartney comments.

Paul McCartney Sets ‘Got Back’ Tour of Australia and New Zealand

Paul McCartney has his sights set on a return to Australia, for his first tour there in six years.

The evergreen octogenarian had promised “news coming soon” on his socials, and he delivers with the announcement of a new, Australian swing to his Got Back Tour, which will play two markets for the first time – the satellite cities of Newcastle (north of Sydney) and Gold Coast (south of Brisbane).

The Beatles great’s trek is produced by Frontier Touring, the Melbourne-based concerts giant, part of the Mushroom Group, which secured his previous tour of these parts in 2017. That visit was McCartney’s first Down Under in almost a quarter century.

In an era when major arena and stadium tours are regularly announced a year ahead of showtime, McCartney’s jaunt, set for this October and November, is tighter than most. McCartney is no ordinary artist.

The two-time Rock And Roll Hall of Famer will embark on his run with an “intimate” date at Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Oct. 18, the only arena show on the itinerary. When McCartney and the Beatles played the South Australia capital in 1964, at the very peak of their powers, an estimated 350,000 people lined the streets to catch a glimpse of the Fab Four. That’s roughly one-third the city’s current population.

The six-city stretch includes outdoor dates in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Perth misses out.

“I’ve got so many amazing memories of my time in Australia over the years,” McCartney comments in a statement, confirming the Australia leg. “Our last trip was so much fun. We had such an incredible time. Each show was a party so we know this is going to be incredibly special. Australia we are going to rock! I can’t wait to see you.”

Those memories and parties coalesced into a tour for the ages. Macca’s five-city One On One Tour won the Helpmann for best international contemporary concert in 2018, awarded by Live Performance Australia, and was declared a career highlight by legendary promoter Michael Gudinski, the late founder of Frontier Touring.

Joining McCartney on the road is his longtime band, Paul “Wix” Wickens (keyboards), Brian Ray (bass/guitar), Rusty Anderson (guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (drums).

Following the release of Peter Jackson’s three-part 2021 documentary series The Beatles: Get Back, McCartney embarked on a 16-date U.S. run on his Got Back Tour, which last year nudged his total career gross north of the $1 billion mark, making him one of just 11 artists to surpass the 10-digit mark in Boxscore’s 30-year-plus history.

Tickets go on sale Friday, Aug. 11 via frontiertouring.com/paulmccartney, with the Frontier members presale starting earlier, on Wednesday, Aug. 9.

Paul McCartney – 2023 Got Back Tour of Australia:
                        Oct .18 — Adelaide Entertainment Centre
                        Oct. 21 — Marvel Stadium, Melbourne, VIC
                        Oct. 24 — McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
                        Oct. 27 — Allianz Stadium, Sydney
                        Nov. 1 — Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
                        Nov. 4 — Heritage Bank Stadium, Gold Coast

Comment

• Jonathan
                          Legend
                          • 12 Aug 2008

Comment

• jt1916
                            • 15 Aug 2023

A third show added in Sao Paulo for a total of 7 in Brazil!

Paul McCartney en Twitter: " NEW SHOW ALERT São Paulo, we've got great news! Due to phenomenal demand, Paul has added a third show at Allianz Parque on December 10th. More Information at https://t.co/KhK4WK9uaZ https://t.co/afrGLdFzkw" / X

Comment

Working...