Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-11-18, 12:25

This is the topic of our favourite national preselection:
    The Swedish music event "Melodifestivalen"

Today, the 28 participants were announced and there are many known names and former participants.

Semi-final 1: Gothenburg – 2 February
    Anna Bergendahl – “Ashes to Ashes”
    Anna has the dubious distinction of being the only Swedish act to not qualify for the Eurovision grand final, having just missed out in 2010.
    Songwriters: Thomas G:son, Bobby Ljungren, Erik Bernholm and Anna Bergendahl.

Nano – “Chasing Rivers”
    Soul singer Nano Omar debuted at Melodifestivalen 2017. His uplifting song “Hold On” won the televote and placed second overall.
    Songwriters: Lise Cabble, Linnea Deb, Joy Deb and Thomas G:son.

Mohombi – “Hello”
    Mohombi is best known for his 2010 international hit “Bumpy Ride”. He returns to Melodifestivalen after first appearing in 2005 as part of Group Avalon.
    Songwriters: Alexandru Florin Cotoi, Thomas G:son, Mohombi Moupondo and Linnea Deb

Zeana feat. Anis Don Demina – “Mina bränder” (My Fires)
    Zeana competed on Idol 2016 and has released her own music. Anis was one of Sami & Viktor’s backing singer doing the “Shuffla” and his now going solo. He recently released “Sucker for Love”.
    Songwriters: Thomas G:son, Jimmy Jansson, Anis Don Demina and Pa Moudou Badjie

Arja Saijonmaa – “Mina fyra årstider” (My four seasons)
    The Finnish singer and political activist has competed at Melfest twice before. In 1987 her entry “Högt över havet” went on to win the inaugural OGAE Second Chance Contest.
    Songwriters: Göran Sparrdal and Arja Saijonmaa

High15 – “No Drama”
    The four-piece girl group got their start on Sweden’s Got Talent 2017. They have released a number of singles, including “When We Were Kids”.
    Songwriters: Joy Deb, Linnea Deb and Kate Tizzard

Wiktoria – “Not With Me”
    Wiktoria Johansson first competed at Melfest 2016 with the country-pop song “Save Me”, which placed fourth. She returned in 2017 with, “As I Lay Me Down”, which finished sixth.
    Songwriters: Joy Deb, Linnea Deb and Wiktoria Johansson

Semi-final 2: Malmö – 9 February
    Andreas Johnson – “Army of Us”
    This will be the seventh Mello appearance for Andreas. His best result was in 2007, when he placed second. He most recently competed in Melfest 2015.
    Songwriters: Andreas Johnson, Jimmy Jansson, Sara Ryan, Andreas ”Stone” Johansson and Sebastian Thott

Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO – “Hold You”
    Liam Cacatian Thomassen won Swedish Idol 2016, while Hanna was the 2017 runner-up. LIAMOO returns to Mello after “Last Breath” in 2018, while Hanna makes her debut.
    Songwriters: Jimmy Jansson, Fredrik Sonefors, Hanna Ferm and Liam Pablito Cacatian Thomassen.

Malou Prytz – “I Do Me”
    Newcomer Malou won the children’s section of the 2017 Baltic Song Festival. She also frequently uploads covers to her Instagram account.
    Songwriters: Isa Tengblad, Elvira Anderfjärd, Fanny Arnesson and Adéle Cechal

Oscar Enestad – “I Love It”
    Oscar made his Mello debut in 2017 as part of the popular boyband FO&O. Their song “Gotta Thing About You” placed 11th in the final. Since the group split, Oscar has launched a solo career.
    Songwriters: Emanuel Abrahamsson, Parker James and Oscar Enestad

Jan Malmsjö – “Leva livet” (Live life)
    Jan Malmsjö is an 86-year-old veteran actor. He last competed in Melfest in 1969, singing “Hej Clown” co-written by Benny Andersson. The song topped the vote, but lost on a tie-break.
    Songwriters: Anderz Wrethov, Elin Wrethov and Johan Bejerholm

Vlad Reiser – “Nakna i regnet” (Naked in the rain)
    Vlad is a YouTuber and influencer. Earlier this year he released his debut single “Prankstar”, which reached No.76 in the Swedish chart.
    Songwriters: Lukas Nathansson, John Hårleman, Vladislav Meletjenkov and Chris Enberg

Margaret – “Tempo”
    The Polish popstress made her Melfest debut earlier this year with “In My Cabana”. The fruity track made it to the grand final (via andra chansen) where it placed seventh.
    Songwriters: Anderz Wrethov, Jimmy Jansson, Laurell Barker and Sebastian von Koenigsegg

Semi-final 3: Leksand – 16 February
    Dolly Style – “Habibi”
    Bubblegum pop trio Dolly Style have competed at Melfest twice before, with “Hello Hi” and “Rollercoaster” Both times they made the andra chansen round.
    Songwriters: Jimmy Jansson, Palle Hammarlund and Robert Norberg.

Martin Stenmarck – “Låt skiten brinna”
    Martin represented Sweden at Eurovision 2005 with the glitzy song “Las Vegas”. He has also returned to Melfest twice, in 2014 and 2016.
    Songwriters: Uno Svenningsson, Tim Larsson and Tobias Lundgren

Jon Henrik Fjällgren – “Norrsken”
    Joik singer Jon Henrik is a two-time Mello veteran. He last competed in 2017, where his song “En värld full av strider (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh)” placed third.
    Songwriters: Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger, Niklas Carson Mattsson and Jon Henrik Fjällgren

Omar – “Om igen” (Again)
    Omar Rudberg was one third of FO&O. Since leaving the group, he has released a number of singles, including “Que pasa”.
    Songwriters: Omar Rudberg, Johan Lindbrandt, Robin Stjernberg and Jens Hult

The Lovers of Valdaro – “Somebody Wants”
    Electronic-pop duo the Lovers of Valdaro won the Melfest wildcard as part of the P4 Nästa contest. Group member Erik appeared at Eurovision 2018 as one of DoReDos’s backing singers.
    Songwriters: Peter Boström and Thomas G:son

Lina Hedlund – “Victorious”
    The former Alzcazar singer is making her sixth Melodifestivalen appearance and second solo entry. She last competed, with Alcazar, in 2014, placing third.
    Songwriters: Melanie Wehbe, Richard Edwards, Dino Medanhodzic and Johanna Jansson

Rebecka Karlsson – “Who I Am”
    Rebecka came to fame on the 2016 series of Swedish Idol. She placed second to overall winner Liam Cacatian Thomassen.
    Songwriters: Rebecka Karlsson, Anderz Wrethov and Henric Pierroff

Semi-final 4: Lidköping – 23 February
    Arvingarna – “I Do”
    Dansband Arvingarna (The Heirs) are four-time Melfest veterans. They won on their 1993 debut and placed seventh at Eurovision 1993 with the upbeat song “Eloise”.
    Songwriters: Nanne Grönvall, Mikael Karlsson, Casper Jarnebrink and Thomas “Plec” Johansson

Anton Hagman – “Känner dig” (Know you)
    Anton made his Melfest debut in 2017, where his song “Kiss You Goodbye” controversially beat Loreen’s “Statements” in the Andra Chansen round.
    Songwriters: Gusten Dahlqvist, Oliver Forsmark, Anton Hagman and Jakob Hjulström

Ann-Louise Hanson – “Kärleken finns kvar” (Love remains)
    Schlager legend Ann-Louise holds the record for having entered Melfest the most number of times. Her 2019 participation will be her 14th attempt.
    Songwriters: David Lindgren Zacharias, Josefin Glenmark-Breman and Olof “Ollie” Olsen

Bishara – “On my Own”
    Bishara Morad is a 15-year-old singer known for covers on his popular Instagram account. He will turn 16 two weeks before the first Melodifestvalen semi-final.
    Songwriters: Markus Sepehrmanesh, Benjamin Ingrosso and Robert Habolin

Pagan Fury – “Stormbringer”
    A folk metal band, led by singer Arven Latour. Their music features in the video game Crusader Kings II and they have recently released “La le lej”.
    Songwriters: Tobias Gustavsson, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström and Mia Stegmar

John Lundvik – “Too Late for Love”
    Singer-songwriter John made his Melfest debut earlier this year, where his song “My Turn” placed third. He is also known for writing a love song for the 2010 Swedish royal wedding.
    Songwriters: John Lundvik, Anderz Wrethov, and Andreas “Stone” Johansson

Lisa Ajax – “Torn”
    Idol winner Lisa returns to Mello. She has competed twice before, with “My Heart Wants Me Dead” in 2016 and “I Don’t Give a…” in 2017.
    Songwriters: Lisa Ajax and Isa Molin
    Source: https://wiwibloggs.com/2018/11/27/swede ... 19/229018/

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-11-18, 12:29

It's interesting to see that Margaret is part of it again! That's awesome!

Also, two former Eurovision entrants are back: Anna Bergendahl (ESC 2010, first and only Swedish non-qualifier) and Martin Stenmarck (ESC 2005).

There are other fan favorites like Nano, Lisa Ajax, Wiktoria, Jon Henrik Fjällgren and other former Melodifestivalen participants such as Dolly STYLE, Anton Hagman (who kicked out Loreen in 2017), Mohombi, Andreas Johnson, Lina Hedlund, John Lundvik

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-11-18, 13:07

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    It's interesting to see that Margaret is part of it again! That's awesome!

Also, two former Eurovision entrants are back: Anna Bergendahl (ESC 2010, first and only Swedish non-qualifier) and Martin Stenmarck (ESC 2005).
    Also Arvingarna (ESC 1993)
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-11-18, 13:13

Oops. Had no clue... I started to watch the contest back in 1997 and don't really have other entries in mind (just a few classics).

It is indeed the year of comebacks.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 27-11-18, 13:19

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow
    Oops. Had no clue... I started to watch the contest back in 1997 and don't really have other entries in mind (just a few classics).

It is indeed the year of comebacks.
    I hope this strong field of contenders is not going to let us down quality-wise like Melfest did last year.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 13:56

When will the songs be released? I‘m so excited to hear Anna‘s song!

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 19:26

The first heat just kicked off!

Even though I don't want to listen to any songs/entries, I am excited to get to know the results.

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 19:28

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike View Post
    When will the songs be released? I‘m so excited to hear Anna‘s song!
    The songs will be released "by getting performed on the live shows". I think that the Swedish broadcaster releases snippets of the songs two days in advance.

So you can watch the SVT Stream right now and you will see Anna's performance/listen to her song for the very first time

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 20:25

Wiktoria and Mohombi directly advanced to the final whilst Anna Bergendahl and Nano have to perform in the Andra Chansen/2nd Chance round again.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 02-02-19, 23:07

Nano's performance was slightly disappointing, surprised Wiktoria pulled through with a relatively uneventful entry.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 00:35

Margaret also failed to advance from her SF, but "Tempo" seemed weaker than even "In My Cabana".

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 19:39

^Margaret was robbed last week!!!!
    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 22:48

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngels View Post
    ^Margaret was robbed last week!!!!
    she deserved Andra Chansen, but I expected more from her

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 12:15

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo View Post
    she deserved Andra Chansen, but I expected more from her
    The problem with her is that she cannot sing live, this is the third time she blew an opportunity, and the fact that she is releasing a Polish album after all of this is beyond me.

Anyways, moving on to last night, I think Lina was cool, but DTF for a schalgerpop song won't make her win it. Also, they need to stop taking P4 acts to the contest cos they have been nothing but a failure throghout the years.

So far, I think Jon will be sent to Tel Aviv although I want Lisa Ajax or Wiktoria, cos it's time they send a female singer.
    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 13:06

the introduction of age groups hurt the former FO&O the most

Legend
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 08:43

I really hope Pagan Fury brings at least some element of surprise to this rather dull Melodifestivalen