User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year 2018 (#11)

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 16:56

Didn't listen to JT but I liked Say Something, Higher Higher sounds good too might give it a try sometime. Zayn could've made my Top 15 if the album wasn't that damn long with that amount of fillers. I'm not voting for an album where I only like half the tracks. It's true there is a good 10 track abum in there. Jorja was one of my faves this year, Blue Lights is amazing. I love the whole album I get that it might sound samey to some but the lyrics are beautiful, I love her voice and it's the perfect album for moody days.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 17:59

I just love Khalid. His voice is everything.
    Haven't been early since '88

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 19:21

Blah at all these last albums.

The Internet's last album was cute, although not better than their previous project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 19:38

Only listened to JT's album from the past 5 albums, and only liked Say Something from it so didn't vote for it.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 02:37

i didn't vote for JT for this mediorce effort
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 15:35

I thought JT was Pop. At least all the songs I heard from this album were zero urban. He lost me after Suit & Tie though, haven't enjoyed anything ever since
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 17:00

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    I thought JT was Pop. At least all the songs I heard from this album were zero urban. He lost me after Suit & Tie though, haven't enjoyed anything ever since
    JT has gone downhill for sure but Mirrors and Amnesia both came after Suit & Tie.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 01:31

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover View Post
    That's the thing with JT to me. The album is very all over the place. I guess he's trying to be experimental and have his BEYONCE moment by mixing different genres altogether but it just didn't work.

The album campaign is very misleading as well. Let's start with the imagery of the teaser, everyone was for sure he's going Country 100%. Then he released the first single, "SexyBack 3.0" with a robot-themed music video. The second single, "Supply" is a Pharrell-assisted Hip-Hop song, and then finally he goes country with "Say Something". Like, it's just too confusing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 02:32

J. Cole KOD
    * Year-End Chart History:

4 Your Eyez Only (#26, 2016)
    2014 Forest Hills Drive (#13, 2015)
    Born Sinner (#15, 2013)
    Cole World: The Sideline Story (#13, 2011)

* Voted by: JSparksFan, lambforever, Marchum, DOSSOME, abidhaq, BeeBoy, leomedar, Controlfreak, Ska8er, DnBLover
    * Genre(s): Conscious Hip-Hop, Jazz Rap
    * Highlights: "Kevin’s Heart”, "ATM”, "KOD”, "Motiv8”

KOD (an initialism for Kids on Drugs, King Overdosed and Kill Our Demons) is the fifth studio album by American rapper J. Cole. It was released on April 20, 2018 through Dreamville Records, Roc Nation and Interscope Records.

The majority of the production on the album was handled by Cole himself, along with others such as T-Minus, Mark Pelli, BLVK and Ron Gilmore. The album incorporates elements of jazz rap and trap, Cole has stated that the production and rhyme schemes used throughout the album was inspired by SoundCloud rap. The album explores a variety of topics including drug abuse, addiction, depression, greed, African-American culture, and taxation in the United States.

The album was supported by two singles: "KOD" and "ATM", both debuted in the top 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100. In August 2018, Cole embarked on the KOD Tour, to promote the album.

KOD received positive reviews from critics and debuted atop the US Billboard 200, selling 397,000 album-equivalent units in its first week (174,000 coming from pure sales), earning Cole his fifth consecutive number-one album in the country, while also breaking several streaming records. The album has since been certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The album also debuted at number-one in Australia, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand. KOD appeared on several music publications' mid-year and year-end lists. HipHopDX, HotNewHipHop and Uproxx named it the best hip hop album of 2018.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 02:35

En Vogue Electric Café
    N/A

* Voted by: JSparksFan, 4realmusic, DOSSOME, RayRay, ludichris, firefly_86, Controlfreak, Swingin, minime, Goldmoney
    * Genre(s): R&B
    * Highlights: "Rocket”, "Have A Seat” (feat. Snoop Dogg), "Reach 4 Me”, "Deja Vu”

Electric Café is the seventh studio album by all-female American R&B group En Vogue, released worldwide on April 6, 2018. Their first studio album in fourteen years, it marks their first full-length release through eOne Music and En Vogue Records. The trio worked with Raphael Saadiq, Ne-Yo, Dem Jointz, Curtis "Sauce" Wilson as well as regular contributors Foster & McElroy on most of the album. Electric Café had a worldwide physical and digital release on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and Spotify. The album was preceded by the promotional single "Deja Vu", followed by the release of the buzz-singles "I'm Good" and "Have a Seat" featuring Snoop Dogg as well as the official lead single "Rocket". On August 10, 2018 the second official single "Reach 4 Me" was announced via the group's Facebook-page.

Legend
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 02:55

I had to vote for that En Vogue album on the basis of "Rocket" alone.
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 11:24

J. Cole is so low!

My #3 and easily one of the best rap releases of the year. The concept was amazing as well!
    Last edited by Ska8er; 14-02-19 at 11:27.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 13:49

Quote Originally Posted by Ska8er View Post
    J. Cole is so low!

My #3 and easily one of the best rap releases of the year. The concept was amazing as well!
    Well this is Ukmix Over 50 voters and only 10 voted for it. A strong album but Forest Hills Drive remains my favourite from him. My fave is probably the title track
    Rocket sounds nice.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 15:22

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Well this is Ukmix Over 50 voters and only 10 voted for it. A strong album but Forest Hills Drive remains my favourite from him. My fave is probably the title track
    Rocket sounds nice.
    Forest Hills Drive remains my fave too, but I think this is his 2nd best? It's a shame the hype died down, as it was completely ignored by the Grammys too.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 15:30

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Rocket sounds nice.
    For some reason, based on his chart history all his albums always linger around this position. I guess he's not as mainstream as the other male rappers so that's probably why. But then again, there will be couple of very non-mainstream names charting really high this time, even I myself couldn't believe it when I counted the votes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 21:01

J Cole so low....! A great album with some amazing tunes. FRIENDS and BRACKETS are genius. And Kevin's Heart is one of his best ever too.
    Don't know which position I ended up putting him but I'm sure it was Top 3 and definitely my most played album of 2018.

4 Your Eyez Only is still my favourite album of his, but KOD is right up there. Massive snub at the Grammys.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 14-02-19, 21:18

Yeah for En Vogue. Finally a new album. And some really great songs.
    My personal chart Entries by J-Lo, Katy Perry and P!nk new - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 08:20

En Vogue's album was a massive disappointment after Rocket
    Floped and localed

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 16-02-19, 13:29

Cant believe J cole is not higher. He was my #5 and he's also one of my favorite male rappers and extremely talented. His work has my respect

Didnt vote for JT as somehow i didnt connect much with that album as a whole bar 2 tracks.

Rocket by En Vogue is a great song
    Proceed with Caution

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 04:20

Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru View Post
    It's been 84 years
    I always update consistently once per two days sitchoassdown.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 04:40

Travis Scott ASTROWORLD
    N/A

* Voted by: lambforever, 24fanatic, Jonathan, BeeBoy, Ska8er, Phoenixx, abc121219, Rihab, DnBLover, UKMusicLova, Loveguru, abi, Goldmoney
    * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Trap
    * Highlights: "YOSEMITE”, "SICKO MODE” (feat. Drake), "BUTTERFLY EFFECT”, "STARGAZING”

Astroworld (stylized in all caps) is the third studio album by American rapper Travis Scott. It was released on August 3, 2018, by Cactus Jack Records, Epic Records, and Grand Hustle Records. The album follows his second studio album Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight (2016), and his collaborative album Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho (2017) with Quavo. The album features guest vocals from Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean, Drake, The Weeknd, James Blake, Swae Lee, Gunna, Philip Bailey, Nav, 21 Savage, Quavo, Takeoff, Juice Wrld, Sheck Wes and Don Toliver, among others. Production was handled by multiple producers, including Mike Dean, Allen Ritter, Hit-Boy, WondaGurl, Tay Keith, Tame Impala, Frank Dukes, Sonny Digital and Thundercat.

Astroworld was supported by three singles, "Butterfly Effect", "Sicko Mode", and "Yosemite". The album received critical acclaim and performed well commercially, debuting atop the US Billboard 200 with 537,000 album-equivalent units, of which 270,000 were pure sales. It was certified double Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Astroworld was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards, with "Sicko Mode" receiving nominations for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song.

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 17-02-19, 04:42

NAO Saturn

For All We Know (#21, 2016)

* Voted by: leovalon, LongingHeart, Loose, Unbreakable34, croatiaxtina, bluecherry, ThaInfo1, Jonathan, UKMusicLova, cristy, heppolo, minime
    * Genre(s): R&B, Jazz, Soul
    * Highlights: "Another Lifetime”, "If You Ever” (feat. 6LACK), "Make It Out Alive” (feat. SiR), "Drive and Disconnect”

Saturn is the second studio album by British singer-songwriter Nao, released on 26 October 2018 through Little Tokyo Recordings and RCA Records. It was supported by the singles "Another Lifetime" and "Make It Out Alive". "If You Ever" was also released prior to the album in a version featuring American singer 6lack, but he does not feature on the album version. Nao will tour in support of the album across late 2018 and early 2019. On review aggregator Metacritic, Saturn has received a score of 84 out of 100 based on reviews from 12 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".