Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:20

80. Amaranthe – 365

Listen to "365"

Chartrun: 3-*1*-4-9-22-36-Out-RE 35-Out / 7w
    Certification: -

Swedish/Danish heavy metal band Amaranthe opens this bunch with “365”, the lead single to their fifth album “Helix”. Even though the band is labeled as heavy metal, they combine several music style into their music, including elements from pop and electronic music. The opening to “365” even sounds like “Ready For It?” by Taylor Swift. It’s a catchy tune and typical Amaranthe.

79. Eleni Foureira – Tómame

Listen to "Tómame"

Chartrun: *2*-5-10-14-23-30-32-33-SC / 8w

Yet another successful ESC follow-up: “Tómame” by Eleni Foureira hit me by surprise and it’s such a breeze of fresh air. I love how carefree this sounds. A strong tune that makes a great competitor to her ESC hit “Fuego”.

78. Netta – Toy

Listen to "Toy"

Chartrun: 16-20-39-Out-RE *5*-6-10-21-32-Out / 8w

Netta represented Israel at this years Eurovision Song Contest with “Toy”, a very catchy song that comes along as a novelty hit but actually has a strong message attached to it. In the end, Netta won the contest what was well deserved, but personally I thought there were a few stronger entries this year.

77. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow

Listen to "Shallow"

Chartrun: *2*-5-6-9-17-27-Out / 6w

I guess no one saw the success for ‘A Star Is Born’ coming, but as a Lady Gaga fan from day one it feels so good to see her smashing again. Unfortunately, while I do like “Shallow” a lot, I think it’s not one of her stronger tunes in her discography. I love the chemistry between Gaga and Bradley in this.

76. Troye Sivan – Bloom

Listen to "Bloom"

Chartrun: 39-Out-RE 10-*7*-11-16-22-25-27-32-Out / 9w

The second and final appearance for Troye Sivan on my countdown is “Bloom”, the title track of his second studio album. I didn’t like this when it came out as a single, but with the album release it grew on me so much and now it’s one of his best songs ever for me. It also got a strong video.

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:20

75. Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse

Listen to "Finesse"

Chartrun: *4*-5-6-10-17-23-Out / 6w

Cardi B was all over the place in 2018 so it wasn’t too surprising to see Bruno Mars picking her for a “Finesse” remix. The fourth and final single of his “24K Magic” album wasn’t one of my highlights originally, but I really like this version as Cardi B really adds something to it.

74. Billie Eilish & Khalid – Lovely

Listen to "Lovely"

Chartrun: 15-*10*-11-15-22-25-27-26-35-Out / 9w

2018 was a good year for newcomers and two of the biggest newcomers of the year teamed up on “Lovely”. This is the second and last appearance for Billie Eilish and first of two appearances for Khalid. Great collaboration with a strong atmosphere.

73. Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy

Listen to "Play Destroy"

Chartrun: *2*-6-10-19-19-21-26-SC / 7w

YouTube weirdo Poppy and the innovative singer Grimes seems like a collaboration made in heaven, and this also turned out as a weird, strong tune. It’s basically similar to what Babymetal already does since years: Heavy-Metal mixed with ‘childish’ pop vocals.

72. Carrie Underwood – Love Wins

Listen to "Love Wins"

Chartrun: *1*-8-7-12-21-23-30-Out / 7w

Already the second and final appearance for Carrie Underwood this year. “Love Wins” isn’t one of her best singles to date, but what sells the song to me are its message and the video.

71. David Guetta & Sia – Flames

Listen to "Flames"

Chartrun: 16-12-*6*-13-18-20-23-39-37-39-Out / 10w

French DJ and producer David Guetta and Australian hitmaker Sia teamed up for a millionth time on “Flames”, and finally it worked again! It’s not as strong as “Titanium” but it’s definitely one of Guetta’s best releases in ages. A well deserved success for both of them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:23

Finesse was cute, Bruno’s getting better and better! I just have a hard time digesting Cardi B - her voice and general persona is just so annoying to listen to/watch. Wish someone else was in the song instead.

Legend
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:26

80. Amaranthe – 365 - not really expected to see this in the top 100 of the year, ever since the chart run was relatively brief
    76. Troye Sivan – Bloom - the song's hook relies on this reverb drum sound, which reminded me that Vox made a report about it a while ago
    73. Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy - that was good enough transition for Poppy
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 22:58

Fantastic to see bloom in the Top100! One of his best songs.

I love the homage to Drag Culture in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 23:29

"Toy" is an anthem - my favourite from this year's ESC! Hmm..."Shallow" is a bit low! "Bloom" was a big grower for me, though I'm actually not that crazy about the video; I think it's just okay.

"Finesse" is better without Cardi, but I love the video for it! "Lovely" is good. "Love Wins" is the highest-ranking Carrie song on my countdown, too, though I have it quite a bit higher than you do. "Flames" wasn't hot for me.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

Legend
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 23:46

Secrets, Bloom, Ganja Burns and My My My are great for example. Finesse is good, but only without Cardi, she is annoying as hell.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 08:22

I do prefer the Album Version of 'Finesse' to the Cardi B Remix - she doesn't add anything for me. But glad it was a hit for him.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 10:38

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Finesse was cute, Bruno’s getting better and better! I just have a hard time digesting Cardi B - her voice and general persona is just so annoying to listen to/watch. Wish someone else was in the song instead.
    Oh, that's an interesting point of view. Personally, I thought his last album was his weakest to date Glad he's growing on you, though! As for Cardi, I think people either love or dislike her. I belong to the first side, I feel she's such a breeze of fresh air in the industry

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    80. Amaranthe – 365 - not really expected to see this in the top 100 of the year, ever since the chart run was relatively brief
    76. Troye Sivan – Bloom - the song's hook relies on this reverb drum sound, which reminded me that Vox made a report about it a while ago
    73. Poppy feat. Grimes – Play Destroy - that was good enough transition for Poppy
    Ah, good observation! "365" still got quite a few points as even though its chart run was brief, it spent some of the weeks very high on my charts, including a week at #1.
    Nice video, just watched it yesterday!
    True. I'd love to hear more stuff like that from Poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Fantastic to see bloom in the Top100! One of his best songs.

I love the homage to Drag Culture in the OP.
    I agree!

Glad you love the shout out to Drag Queens <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 10:41

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    "Toy" is an anthem - my favourite from this year's ESC! Hmm..."Shallow" is a bit low! "Bloom" was a big grower for me, though I'm actually not that crazy about the video; I think it's just okay.

"Finesse" is better without Cardi, but I love the video for it! "Lovely" is good. "Love Wins" is the highest-ranking Carrie song on my countdown, too, though I have it quite a bit higher than you do. "Flames" wasn't hot for me.
    Yeah, I already saw over in your countdown that "Toy" was your favorite from this years ESC. Glad the winner was also your personal winner "Shallow" is good but... it's probably not even in the better half of the soundtrack for me

Oh, that's interesting to hear as you usually like Cardi?! Glad we put the same song by Carrie as our highest <3 Aww... a shame "Flames" never really clicked with you :(

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica
    Secrets, Bloom, Ganja Burns and My My My are great for example. Finesse is good, but only without Cardi, she is annoying as hell.
    Glad to hear there are some songs you enjoy on my countdown so far!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyONE
    I do prefer the Album Version of 'Finesse' to the Cardi B Remix - she doesn't add anything for me. But glad it was a hit for him.
    The opinions on the Cardi feature are really divided! Glad you like the solo version

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 15:24

You’ve been busy!

Is it an unpopular opinion about JT? His best tune in years surely! I do think your opinion about the best verses on American are controversial though!

I really like both Troye efforts, he had a really good year for me! Flames ya great, Tot is fun and Delicate I think was a really good thing for Taylor’s era.

Legend
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 18:39

Chun-Li and Natural hit hard, love both.

Legend
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 19:06

shout-outs

95. Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton – Say Something
    91. Taylor Swift – Delicate
    88. Ava Max – Sweet But Psycho
    84. Troye Sivan – My My My!
    77. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow (I am so anticipating the Oscars, she will shine, although I don't think she'll take the award)

Great job Tansike! Love the presentation and writings. You always shine amongst Personal Charts.
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    PLAY Sara Bareilles Artist Survivor @ Music Games & Survivors
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 19:39

'Tómame' is a real tune. I don't understand why it's not in the charts everywhere.
    Yay for 'Shallow', 'Bloom', Finesse' and 'Love Wins'.

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 20:25

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    'Tómame' is a real tune. I don't understand why it's not in the charts everywhere.
    It's weak, very weak. It was a hit in Greece a month ago, now for some reason in Bulgarian airplay charts it is going up to no6. Eleni missed important months in her career... I don't like her last song.
    'Toy'... I'll just keep silence. However, 'Flames' takes me back to the good days when 'She Wolf' was on top, it is more funky, of course.
    Summer Top 10 - 14.08.2019!

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 09:39

Quote Originally Posted by king_oxymoron
    You’ve been busy!

Is it an unpopular opinion about JT? His best tune in years surely! I do think your opinion about the best verses on American are controversial though!

I really like both Troye efforts, he had a really good year for me! Flames ya great, Tot is fun and Delicate I think was a really good thing for Taylor’s era.
    Haha, I have to, otherwise I won't be finished until February or so

I thought so, because I read more negative reviews about this plus I've never been a big fan of him, so "Say Something" did very well for his standards for me. Ah, I know! But iirc you were also one of the few ones who liked Eureka, right? I think she's actually quite underrated among fans and I don't see the hate for her verse, it BOPS.

Glad to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Chun-Li and Natural hit hard, love both.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by leomedar
    shout-outs

77. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow (I am so anticipating the Oscars, she will shine, although I don't think she'll take the award)

Great job Tansike! Love the presentation and writings. You always shine amongst Personal Charts.
    Glad to see you're liking so many songs so far!
    I'm crossing my fingers for Gaga as well, but it will be tough for her.

Thanks so much! You just made my day with that comment <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 09:41

Yay for 'Shallow', 'Bloom', Finesse' and 'Love Wins'.
    YASSS! I'm asking myself the same. It sounds like it could have been a hit. At least in Spain and other countries where "Fuego" did well.
    Glad you're enjoying these

Quote Originally Posted by Top10
    It's weak, very weak. It was a hit in Greece a month ago, now for some reason in Bulgarian airplay charts it is going up to no6. Eleni missed important months in her career... I don't like her last song.
    'Toy'... I'll just keep silence. However, 'Flames' takes me back to the good days when 'She Wolf' was on top, it is more funky, of course.
    Oh, you don't like it? But did you like "Fuego" or "Caramela" by Eleni?
    Good to hear you're enjoying "Flames"

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 10:13

70. Noah Cyrus & MØ – We Are…

Listen to "We Are…"

Chartrun: 8-*4*-7-10-13-20-38-Out / 7w

I’m probably one of just a few people who really enjoy the music by Noah Cyrus and “We Are…” was a great addition to all her other singles. I still don’t get why MØ was on this track other than for promotional reasons, as there could have been much more they could have done with her. But this is a nice, catchy pop tune. It’s the first of four entries for Miley’s little sister.

69. Brandi Carlile – The Joke

Listen to "The Joke"

Chartrun in 2017: *12*-13-21-30-Out / 4w
    Chartrun in 2018: *5*-7-9-12-20-18-21-27-Out / 8w
    Certification: GOLD
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #166

Just a few weeks ago I never even dreamed about it, but “The Joke” actually got nominated for several Grammy Awards next year, including Song and Record of the Year. Brandi is already on my radar since her breakthrough with “The Story” back in 2007, but with “By The Way, I Forgive You” she actually released her best work to date in 2018. “The Joke” served as its lead single and already came out in 2017, but following the album release it came back to my weekly charts and became her most successful song ever. It’s simply stunning – especially live.

68. My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo

Listen to "My Indigo"

Chartrun in 2017: *2*-4-5-7-10-11- / 6w
    Chartrun in 2018: 10-16-23-26-33-Out-RE *3*-4-13-30-Out / 9w
    Certification: PLATINUM
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #72

Within Temptation frontwoman Sharon den Adel released her solo debut album “My Indigo” in early 2018 with its title track being the lead single. Her voice is probably my favorite voice of every singer I know and I really appreciate how she went with different genres with her solo project than with Within Temptation, as this has a more commercial, pop-folk sound. Very lovely track.

67. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper

Listen to "The Ghost And The Reaper"

Chartrun in 2017: *1*-1-1-4-6-7- / 6w
    Chartrun in 2018: *11*-15-20-29-32-27-25-22-24-25-21-30-Out / 12w
    Certification: PLATINUM
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #62

The third song in a row that already made my list in 2017 is “The Ghost And The Reaper” by The Dark Element, a collaborative project between musician Jani Liimatainen and former Nightwish frontwoman Anette Olzon. It’s a very straight-forward rock track with some cheesy moments, but I live for them!

66. Sean Paul & David Guetta feat. Becky G – Mad Love

Listen to "Mad Love"

Chartrun: 17-*5*-7-10-22-25-27-33-Out-RE 31-Out / 9w

Sean Paul and David Guetta are not really known for releasing good songs lately, interestingly this collaboration together with Becky G still worked fine for me. It’s just one of those songs you can play to get in a good mood.

Legend
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 10:13

65. Anne-Marie – Then

Listen to "Then"

Chartrun in 2017: *15*- / 1w
    Chartrun in 2018: 16-11-*8*-9-13-20-26-31-37-36-Out-RE 30-Out / 11w
    Ranking in the YEC 2017: #271

Probably Anne-Marie’s most underrated single to date, “Then” has become one of my favorite tracks of her. The singer is another one who really broke through in 2018 and with this ballad she showed another side of her.

64. Lo & Leduc – 079

Listen to "079"

Chartrun: 8-*2*-6-8-14-25-32-39-Out / 8w

2018 has spawned some nice hits in Switzerland and following Beatrice Egli at #86, “079” is the second appearance for a Swiss artist on my countdown. Lo & Leduc are a hip-hop/pop duo that already released two successful albums over here, but “079” has overshadowed everything by them and turned out as a massive hit, as it spent a record breaking 21 weeks at number one on the Swiss Singles Charts.

63. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It

Listen to "I Like It"

Chartrun: *9*-13-14-21-25-22-24-26-30-33-34-Out / 11w

Cardi B’s highest track on my countdown is her summer hit “I Like It”, which also became the first hit for Bad Bunny and J Balvin. “Bodak Yellow” was already a good sized hit but with “I Like It” she even outperformed that one for me. Love Cardi’s scenes in the video.

62. Louisa feat. 2 Chainz – YES

Listen to "YES"

Chartrun: *1*-2-4-7-16-23-34-Out / 7w

The Pussycat Doll’s “When I Grow Up” says hello! “YES” is definitely one of the catchiest pop songs of 2018 and I have absolutely no idea why this bombed in the UK. Louisa seems to have IT – a strong voice, she’s good looking and she can dance. I was bopping so hard to this when it came out.

61. Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle

Listen to "The Middle"

Chartrun: 13-*7*-8-10-13-14-25-37-Out / 8w

Country starlet Maren Morris already made a good impression on me with her debut album “Hero” back in 2016 and I was very pleased when I heard about this project with Zedd, as she really deserves some attention everywhere. This is very Zedd-by-numbers but it worked.

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 10:18

'Mad Love' bangs hard. From the last series - 'Then' and 'Yes' are the tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    Oh, you don't like it? But did you like "Fuego" or "Caramela" by Eleni?
    Only Fuego. Caramela was a massive flop, I just can't...
    Summer Top 10 - 14.08.2019!

Legend
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 10:22

68. My Indigo (Sharon den Adel) – My Indigo
    67. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper

The goodies, ''My Indigo'' was slightly different from what I expected it to be, but anyway it's a bold move for Sharon.
    The Dark Element is just exuberant.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 11:15

'Mad Love', 'I Like It' and 'YES' are BOPS

Superstar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 13:19

Hey Tansike Merry christmas to you <3 Hoping you've had an amazing christmas so far. I hope you got everything you wanted off santa.

I've now fully caught up with your top 100 and wow so many favourites already to list (wouldn't have it any other way of course ). These are my favourites so far:

99. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
    98. P!nk – Secrets
    97. The Weeknd – Call Out My Name

Aww delighted to see Call out my name making an appearance. I couldn't remember how much this was liked by others but i know it was a firm favourite of mine earlier in the year. I'm sure we'll be getting new music from The Weeknd in 2019.

This was definitely a wise choice to choose as a single following the underperformance of Filthy which pretty much came and went very quickly.

92. Billie Eilish – You Should See Me In A Crown
    90. Lana Del Rey – Venice Bitch

The new Britney? The new Lady Gaga? Who knows what 2019 holds for Ava but one thing is for sure, she has certainly succeeded in grabbing peoples attention with this track. Absolutely love this and just the fact she's brought pure pop back to the top of the charts. How could i not love Ava for that alone?

87. Carrie Underwood feat. Ludacris – The Champion
    85. Imagine Dragons – Natural

Aww my 'ickle babe Troye. <3 I feel in love with this on first listen and loved seeing Troye totally owning those homoerotic dance moves in the music video. It's remarkable just how much Troye has grown and developed with his music, and it was already a mature sound even with Happy little pill in 2014, but this year really does feel like the year Troye found his true self and i love him for that. <3

82. Nicki Minaj – Ganja Burn
    79. Eleni Foureira – Tómame
    78. Netta – Toy

77. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – Shallow

Another majestic ballad from Lady Gaga. I can't remember how well the ballad version of Joanne performed in your chart but at the time i thought that was a beautiful ballad. With Shallow Lady Gaga quite effortlessly raised the bar even higher. I still get goosebumps when i hear that first chorus.

76. Troye Sivan – Bloom

Gosh It looks like buying the album really did transform Troye's fortunes in your chart then. When it came to singles, there's no doubt that Troye really delivered. Sadly i wasn't quite as sold on some of the album tracks. :(

This is gorgeous and looks likely to be another example of "why wasn't this a hit?" except for Australia and New Zealand where they embraced Billie Eilish with open arms. I'm definitely intrigued in hearing new music from Billie in 2019.

72. Carrie Underwood – Love Wins
    63. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It

62. Louisa feat. 2 Chainz – YES

So disappointed that YES failed to resonate with her UK fanbase, or maybe it was becoming a disintegrating fanbase and people were already losing interest. :( For me, this was a bop and Louisa owned it.

61. Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle

Very good so far, looking forward to seeing the top 60...and that battle for #1 honours. Ariana Grande vs Ariana Grande? Or have i completely overlooked someone else?

Legend
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 13:20

I Like It and Mad Love are bops, and I almost included them in my list, but decided not to after all. didn't play them much even though I do think they're catchy.

the Noah Cyrus & MO song, I cannot even

Legend
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 18:30

"I Like It" is probably Cardi B's most overrated song for me. It's good, but it's in the bottom half of the album, in my opinion. I love the vocals on "The Middle"!

I'm fairly sure I checked out "The Dark Element" and thought it okay. I'm listening to "My Indigo" now, and it's good!
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]