• Shakira + Maluma | Clandestino

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benjamin's Soundtrack of 2018.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 19:38

"Pray for Me" is fantastic - definitely a huge highlight this year for me!

Great to see Lenny Kravitz here, too. "Low" is lovely.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 20:11

I'm here for Debi Nova and the WC anthem.
    Summer Top 10 - 14.08.2019!

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 20:23

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    163. BLØF | ZOUTELANDE
    I guess it sounds like a late 90s britpop/pop rock song, a good one actually. The kind of songs that suit the mood when you are staring at the autumn sea.

164. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE | SUPPLIES
    I watched the music video and I laughed and laughed and laughed...
    I agree It does sound like a late 90s pop/rock song. Maybe like something from the Manic Street Preachers.

The 'Supplies' video is the worst. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's hilarious. So bad.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 20:49

160. BECKY G + FRENCH MONTANA & FARRUKO | ZOOTED
    Becky G had quite an amazing year. After slaying the charts in 2017 with her Bad Bunny-assisted single 'Mayores', she took over 2018 with some of the hottest releases. 'Zooted' was er only English release this year. There's more Becky to come.

159.KACEY MUSGRAVES | BUTTERFLIES
    Second entry for country queen Kacey Musgraves on this chart. 'Butterflies' is a cute song about falling in love. I listened to this a lot in springtime. It's one of the songs that remind me of the first warm days of the year.

158. MARIAH CAREY | WITH YOU
    Mariah Carey released quite a solid album this year. 'Caution' is a good record with some absolute gems on it. 'With You', the first official single, is a nice track - but there are better songs on the album. Also, the pre-release single 'GTFO' is much better.

157. HALSEY + LAUREN JAUREGUI | STRANGERS
    One of the highlights on Halsey's 2017 album 'hopeless fountain kingdom'. It's a shame this wasn't as big as her other this 'Bad At Love' or 'Without You'. I think 'Strangers' is a fav favourite though.

156. ONE BIT + NOAH CYRUS | MY WAY
    Miley Cyrus' little sister Noah collaborated with One Bit and released a real bop. I'm not a fan of Noah's solo material, but this dance sound really suits her. I love the use of the sample on this track.

155. DIANA GORDON | KOOL AID
    Winter Gordon scored a couple of huge hits on my chart ('Dirty Talk', 'Still Getting Younger'), but ever since Diana goes by her own name, she hasn't made a huge impact. Until the release of 'Kool Aid'. What a beautiful song! Diana wrote the song for her kid, leaving home to go to college. Cute.

154. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS + PITBULL | MOVE TO MIAMI
    I can't believe Enrique and Pitbull released another song together. I know they are good friends, but it looks like really no one is here for their collaborative work anymore. I like the song, but I know Enrique can do much better.

153. NINA NESBITT | THE SUN WILL COME UP, THE SEASONS WILL CHANGE
    Listening to this song makes me feel nostalgic. Nina really delivered a great track with this one. Again, I can't wait for her album. Should be good.

152. MAROON 5 + CARDI B | GIRLS LIKE YOU
    It still baffles me how this has become one of the biggest hits of the year. Probably because of the Cardi B feature. I really like the song, but I never expected it to become such a big hit. The video is really cute. I love J.Lo in it.

151. J BALVIN + ZION Y LENNOX | NO ES JUSTO
    The first solo track from J Balvin to go. His 'Vibras' album is one of my favourites of the year. The album's packed with hits and potential singles. 'No Es Justo' is one of them.

Legend
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:25

Butterflies is such a sweet song, and With You is like WBT 2, but still really enjoyable. Deserved a more impactful video and better treatment as a single

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by » Sun December 23rd, 2018, 21:28

153. NINA NESBITT | THE SUN WILL COME UP, THE SEASONS WILL CHANGE - that's one cute song
    Waffles are checked cookies

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 08:27

'Girls like you' didn't leave an Impression on me when I listened to the Album last year so I was surprised it was Chosen as a single. But I'm glad it did, so I recovered it and I really enjoy it now!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 10:44

159.KACEY MUSGRAVES | BUTTERFLIES
    158. MARIAH CAREY | WITH YOU
    157. HALSEY + LAUREN JAUREGUI | STRANGERS
    156. ONE BIT + NOAH CYRUS | MY WAY

152. MAROON 5 + CARDI B | GIRLS LIKE YOU

Really love "Strangers" and "My Way", quite surprised the former isn't higher on your list. I also thought this could be as big as "Bad At Love" or "Without You" but I guess promotional wise she already was over that era and didn't do much for it anymore. "With You" is still my favorite song on "Caution", "Butterflies" and "Girls Like You" are nice

Legend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 16:05

Great to see some Nina in the charts. Shockingly I don't know the title track yet but Somebody Special is great.

Shawn Mendes is never not amazing and In My Blood was a big moment for him this year. Enjoy the Justin track a lot, the best thing he's done in years, and Dem Beats is absolute fire, nice picks!

Legend
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 18:38

My Way was one of those songs that made a big impact despite not even making the top 75.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 20:11

150. CARDI B + 21 SAVAGE | BARTIER CARDI
    Cardi B followed up her 2017 monster hit 'Bodak Yellow' with the 21 Savage-assisted single 'Bartier Cardi'. The song's a bop, but it's not as good as Cardi's other singles - in my opinion.

149. LAURA PAUSINI | FANTÁSTICO (HAZ LO QUE ERES)
    My favourite song from the 'Hazte Sentir' era. 'Fantástico' is such an uplifting track. I think it's definitely in my top 5 Laura Pausini songs.

148. MALUMA | EL PRÉSTAMO
    Maluma baby! 2018 incredible year for Maluma. 'El Préstamo' was one of the biggest latin hits this Summer. I really like the track, but I think he's released better songs this year.

147. CHARLIE PUTH + KEHLANI | DONE FOR ME
    Charlie Puth teamed up with Kehlani for this irresistible song. 'Done For Me' is one of the best things Charlie has released so far, in my opinion. I only like 'Attention' better.

146. TINASHE + OFFSET | NO DRAMA
    Tinashe wants no drama. The 'Joyride' era wasn't a success, but at least we got some hot tracks. 'No Drama' deserved much more. I expected it to become an urban hit, at the very least, but unfortunately it didn't do any damage on the charts.

145. IGGY AZALEA + QUAVO | SAVIOR
    'Savior' sound very different from your usual Iggy Azalea song, but the song still bops. I really like the music video for this one. Iggy looks stunning. I love her, but she really needs someone to save her career.

144. BONNIE MCKEE | MAD MAD WORLD
    Bonnie McKee always delivers the hottest pop tunes. I really thought 'Mad Mad World' would have been her big breakthrough to the mainstream charts, but no. She deserves so much more.

143. SEBASTIÁN YATRA + MAU Y RICKY | YA NO TIENE NOVIO
    Heartthrob Sebastían Yatra released some bops this year. 'Ya No Tiene Novio', his collaboration with producer duo Mau y Ricky, definitely is one of them. The song's featured on Sebastián's 'MANTRA' album. His debut.

142. ARIANA GRANDE + NICKI MINAJ | THE LIGHT IS COMING
    Ariana teamed up with Nicki Minaj once again for the release of the only promo single from 'Sweetener.' 'The Light Is Coming' is a hot track, but I get annoyed by the sample a little. Ari's other tracks are higher up in the chart.

141.RICKY MARTIN + WISIN & YANDEL | FIEBRE
    Ricky Martin brought the heat with the release of 'Fiebre'. Ricky worked with reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel on this track, something he's done before on the 2011 single 'Frío'. I must say the former is the better Ricky/Wisin & Yandel collaboration.

by » Mon December 24th, 2018, 20:32

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    154. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS + PITBULL | MOVE TO MIAMI I like the song, but I know Enrique can do much better.[/center]
    The piano still scares me. 'Bed' is the Nicki/Ariana collab I really appreciate.
    Summer Top 10 - 14.08.2019!

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Tue December 25th, 2018, 09:39

140. TOMMY GENESIS | TOMMY
    Naughty tune. A lot fo people said Cardi B ripped off this song when she released 'Bartier Cardi'. I think 'Tommy' is the better song. And that music video.. oh boy.

139. FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | SKY FULL OF SONG
    Beautiful song. One of (the few) highlights on Florence + The Machine's latest album 'High As Hope'. I think the alum's solid, but it's not as good as her previous releases.

138. CALVIN HARRIS + SAM SMITH | PROMISES
    It's always good to hear Sam Smith on a dance record. Calvin Harris knows how to produce a banger. Chill song. I like the music video too.

137. DADDY YANKEE | ZUM ZUM
    Last year Daddy Yankee scored a mega hit with Luis Fonsi ('Despacito') and this year he took over the global charts with 'Dura' (still to come). 'Zum Zum' wasn't as big, but is another tune. I like the Natti Natasha version.

136. LUCAS & STEVE + BRANDY | I COULD BE WRONG
    Lucas & Steve took a sample of Brandy's '90s classic 'I Wanna be Down' and turned it into a hot dance track. Listening to this song makes me hungry for new Brandy material.

135. DUA LIPA | IDGAF
    Dua is a queen. Her debut album has become a classic in my books. I love how she released so many singles from it. 'IDGAF' was another hit for her. I really like the music video for this one.

134. LYKKE LI | UTOPIA
    Lykke Li is no stranger to my chart. In 2014 she topped the year end chart with 'No Rest For The Wicked', one of my all time favourite songs. 'Utopia' is taken from her fantastic 'so sad so sexy' album.

133. JAX JONES + INA WROLDSEN | BREATHE
    It's always a pleasure to hear Ina Wroldsen on a dance production. I think she does a great job on'Breathe'. It took me a while to get into this song, but I absolutely love it now.

132. TINASHE + FRENCH MONTANA & TY DOLLA $IGN | ME SO BAD
    Third and final entry for Tinashe. 'Me So Bad' was released as the third single from 'Joyride' and it by far the best out of the songs. It should have been the lead single in my opinion. 'Me So Bad' deserved to be a hit.

131. SHAKIRA | NADA
    One of the highlights of Shakira's 2016 album 'El Dorado'. I wanted her to release this as a single so bad and I'm glad she did. Beautiful song, great music video.

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by » Tue December 25th, 2018, 09:53

''Utopia'' is my highlight here. 'so sad so sexy' was in general more experimental and depressing, not aiming to score a big hit.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by » Tue December 25th, 2018, 10:44

The entire 'El Dorado' album is great IMO, 'Nada' is Beautiful!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

by » Tue December 25th, 2018, 14:10

Done For Me and The Light Is Coming both bops!

Promises and Breathe should be higher IMO.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 13:50

130.BENNY BLANCO + KHALID & HALSEY | EASTSIDE
    It took me a while to get into this song, but I really like it now. Benny Blanco produced so many great hits for other artists, I'm glad he gets his chance to shine now. Khalid and Halsey both sound good on this.

129. SHAWN MENDES | LOST IN JAPAN
    This song is so good. It's a bit more laidback than most of Shawn's other hits, but I really like it. I like the Zedd remix of the song, but I prefer the album version. The original has more soul in it.

128. DEBI NOVA | BOLA DE CRISTAL
    Latest single from Debi's wonderful 'Gran Ciudad' album. At first I wasn't a big fan of this song, but when she decided to release it as a single it grew on me massively. Beautiful track. Lovely message.

127. RITA ORA | LET YOU LOVE ME
    Rita Ora released 'Anywhere's little sister song with the release of 'Let You Love Me'. I think LYLM is not as good as the former, but it's still a tune. I like this pop/dance sound better than a more urban sound for her. She should be making these kind of songs instead of the likes of 'Girls'.

126. SOFI TUKKER + NERVO + THE KNOCKS & ALISA UENO | BEST FRIEND
    I love Sofi Tukker. Their entire 'Treehouse' album is really good, but 'Best Friends' is definitely one of the highlights. The song makes me happy.

125. KESHA | LEARN TO LET GO
    'Learn To Let Go' was released in the UK as an official single from the 'Rainbow' album, but wasn't able to become as big of a hit as 'Praying'. A shame. I really like the song and its music video.

124. KHALID + NORMANI | LOVE LIES
    I liked Khalid's debut album, but this is the song that really put him on the map for me. 'Love Lies' is a great duet between him and ex-Fifth Harmony singe Normani. I hope both artists will release more songs in 2019.

123. TROYE SIVAN | STRAWBERRIES & CIGARETTES
    2018 was a great year for Troye Sivan. Not only did he release one of the best pop albums of the year with 'Bloom', he also released the soundtrack for one of the best movies of the year: Love Simon. 'Strawberries & Cigarettes' is beautiful.

122. DRAKE | IN MY FEELINGS
    'In My Feelings' was another smash hit for Drake. For me the song is one of many highlights on his 'Scorpion' album. There's more Drake to come.

121. KACEY MUSGRAVES | HIGH HORSE
    The highest entry for Kacey Musgraves this year. 'High Horse' is the poppiest song she's ever done, but it suits her so well. One of the many highlights on the amazing 'Golden Hour' album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 14:24

So very catchy, as every thing Sofi Tukker does. ''Don't you wanna meet me...'' hook is a bit annoying, but other than that it is a radio-friendly banger.

Legend
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 18:19

120. NIALL HORAN | ON THE LOOSE
    This song screams 'springtime' to me. It's very uplifting and super catchy. I expected this to be another huge hit for Niall, but the basically flopped real hard. I still love it though.

119. DRAKE | GOD'S PLAN
    I think this has become Drake's biggest (US) hit yet. Quite impressive so far in his career. At first I thought the song was just okay, but the music video made me love it.

118. POST MALONE + 21 SAVAGE | PSYCHO
    A tune! I think this is Post Malone's best single yet. The song's just very catchy. I still don't know what to think of Post Malone though. He's weird.

117. PHARRELL WILLIAMS + CAMILA CABELLO | SANGRIA WINE
    'Sangria Wine' is 2018's smash hit that never was. This song had everything to become a hit, but flopped miserably. I still don't understand why the release was so messy. They should have released it late Summer after 'She Loves Control' - but oh well. Catchy tune.

116. FEFE DOBSON | SAVE ME FROM LA
    Fefe Dobson released a great single this year. 'Save Me From LA' doesn't sound like her previous material but introduced a more mature Fefe. I don't know if she's working on an album, but I sure as hell would like to hear more songs like this one.

115. LYKKE LI | HARD RAIN
    Fell in love with his song after seeing Lykke perform live for the first time. Went to her gig in Amsterdam, very last minute, and I had such a great evening. This girl is so talented. The music video for 'Hard Rain' is gorgeous.

114. TEYANA TAYLOR | WTP
    Big tune. Teyana really stayed with the release of 'WTP'. I just wish she'd released a dance video for this. Could have been epic.
    I've heard this song multiple times in a club and people go wild.

113. LOUISA + 2CHAINZ | YES
    Louisa was inspired by Christina Aguilera's 'Dirrty' for her best single yet. 'YES' is a big tune. I'm afraid it will be hard for her to top this one.

112. ROSALÍA | PIENSO EN TU MIRA
    'El Mal Querer' is one of the best albums of 2018. ROSALÍA stayed with this record. 'Pienso En Tu Mira' is a great track, but not even one of my faves on the album. The music video is interesting.

111. CASSIE | DON'T PLAY IT SAFE
    Cassie knows how to deliver a bop. 'Don't Play It Safe' is one of her best tunes ever. I really hope she will release more music in 2019. A new album or EP is long overdue.

Legend
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 18:32

"Promises", "Love Lies", "Let You Love Me", and "On the Loose" are good. "High Horse" is fantastic!

Legend
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 18:49

Niall with an unexpected uptempo which should’ve been a hit, and Louisa with an absolute banger.

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 18:55

114. TEYANA TAYLOR | WTP - I can only praise you for this

Legend
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)

by » Wed December 26th, 2018, 22:51

150. CARDI B + 21 SAVAGE | BARTIER CARDI
    147. CHARLIE PUTH + KEHLANI | DONE FOR ME
    145. IGGY AZALEA + QUAVO | SAVIOR
    142. ARIANA GRANDE + NICKI MINAJ | THE LIGHT IS COMING

139. FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | SKY FULL OF SONG
    138. CALVIN HARRIS + SAM SMITH | PROMISES
    135. DUA LIPA | IDGAF
    134. LYKKE LI | UTOPIA
    131. SHAKIRA | NADA

130.BENNY BLANCO + KHALID & HALSEY | EASTSIDE
    129. SHAWN MENDES | LOST IN JAPAN
    127. RITA ORA | LET YOU LOVE ME
    125. KESHA | LEARN TO LET GO
    124. KHALID + NORMANI | LOVE LIES
    121. KACEY MUSGRAVES | HIGH HORSE

120. NIALL HORAN | ON THE LOOSE
    115. LYKKE LI | HARD RAIN
    113. LOUISA + 2CHAINZ | YES

The last few updates had some fantastic songs in them!
    Shocked "YES" didn't make your Top100. Also love all the other bolded ones a lot.