X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heppolo
    Legend
    • 17 May 2009

Re: Benjamin's Soundtrack of 2018.

''Bambola'' making the top 200 is very cool.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Thriller
      Administrator
      • 13 Dec 2003

Great to see Plaything!

Comment

• Benjamin
        Legend
        • 29 Mar 2005

[center:1li2e97m]

170. THE WEEKND + KENDRICK LAMAR | PRAY FOR ME
        The Weeknd teamed up with Kendrick Lamar for another single from the Black Panther soundtrack. This song's a tune. I like it better than the EP The Weeknd released this year. I hope his new material (due in 2019) will have a similar sound.

169. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE + CHRIS STAPLETON | SAY SOMETHING
        I don't think Justin Timberlake's 'Man Of The Woods' era turned out the way he expected it to be. The era was a bit of a mess and none of the singles really made a huge impact. 'Say Something' was the album's biggest single and I think it's a good song. He needs to step his game up though.

168. KESHA | HYMN
        Cute song with a great message. Kesha's 'Rainbow' album is one of my favourite albums of 2017 and I'm glad she released this as a single, eventually. The song failed to become a big hit, but it's definitely a fan favourite now.

167. NICKY JAM + ERA ISTREFI & WILL SMITH | LIVE IT UP
        Nicky Jam delivered the official anthem for the FIFA World Cup this year. He got help from Era Istrefi and Will Smith, making this the most random collaboration ever. It somehow works for me. I'm happy Era got some more exposure too.

166. LENNY KRAVITZ | LOW
        I'm quite the big Lenny Kravitz fan. For me he probably is the best male singer ever. When he announced his latest album 'Raise Vibrations', I was quite happy. He didn't disappoint. 'Low' is a great track. It's no classic Kravitz though.

165. LAURA PAUSINI + SIMONE & SIMARIA| NOVO
        Laura Pausini released a very good album this year. 'Hazte Sentir' has some great tracks on it and 'Novo' is one of them. The song is fun and uplifting. Also, it's good to hear Laura sing in Portugese.

164. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE | SUPPLIES
        The highest entry for Justin Timberlake this year is for 'Supplies'. The song sounds like it was taken from one of his older albums, which is why I like it. That said, the song sounds kind of dated too. I guess that's why the song wasn't a big hit for him.

163. BLØF | ZOUTELANDE
        Dutch band Bløf scored one of their biggest hits in their 20 year career with 'Zoutelande'. It's a cute track. Somehow has a nostalgic feel to it. I think that's why I like it.

162. SEAN PAUL + MAJOR LAZER | TIP PON IT
        Sean Paul is known for releasing bops and this one is no exception. It's still kind of weird to me we're listening to Sean Paul in 2018, but hey, he delivers hot tunes. His hit with Becky G is higher in the chart.

161. DEBI NOVA | AL FRENTE
        A beautiful song by Costa Rican singer Debi Nova. She really surprised me with the release of her 'Gran Ciudad' album last year. It has become one of my favourite albums of the past few years. This song's not feature don the album, but it's another great track.[/center:1li2e97m]
        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Tansike
          Site Supporter
          • 28 Jan 2012

179. SHAWN MENDES | IN MY BLOOD
          178. CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS | GIRLFRIEND
          176. BEBE REXHA + FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE | MEANT TO BE
          175. NICKI MINAJ + ARIANA GRANDE | BED
          172. TODRICK HALL + RUPAUL | DEM BEATS

Good Group. Glad to hear you also think Shawn's self-titled album is his best one so far
          Surprised "Bed" isn't higher, but I feel similar about what you said about Nicki.

169. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE + CHRIS STAPLETON | SAY SOMETHING
          168. KESHA | HYMN
          162. SEAN PAUL + MAJOR LAZER | TIP PON IT

Solid group. "Say Something" and "Hymn" are quite strong. I'm surprised there didn't happen more following the success of "Praying"...

Comment

• heppolo
            Legend
            • 17 May 2009

163. BLØF | ZOUTELANDE
            I guess it sounds like a late 90s britpop/pop rock song, a good one actually. The kind of songs that suit the mood when you are staring at the autumn sea.

I watched the music video and I laughed and laughed and laughed...

Comment

• JSparksFan
              Moderator and Site Supporter
              • 24 Jul 2009

"Pray for Me" is fantastic - definitely a huge highlight this year for me!

Great to see Lenny Kravitz here, too. "Low" is lovely.
              Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [60-56]
              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Cruel Summer (x12)
              AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. Madison Beer]
              Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Janet Jackson vs. Nelly Furtado]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• Top10
                Roadie
                • 19 Jan 2018

I'm here for Debi Nova and the WC anthem.
                Top 10 - 20.02.2024

Comment

• Benjamin
                  Legend
                  • 29 Mar 2005

Originally posted by heppolo
                  163. BLØF | ZOUTELANDE
                  I guess it sounds like a late 90s britpop/pop rock song, a good one actually. The kind of songs that suit the mood when you are staring at the autumn sea.

I watched the music video and I laughed and laughed and laughed...
                  I agree It does sound like a late 90s pop/rock song. Maybe like something from the Manic Street Preachers.

The 'Supplies' video is the worst. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's hilarious. So bad.
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Benjamin
                    Legend
                    • 29 Mar 2005

[center:2tc63ueq]

160. BECKY G + FRENCH MONTANA & FARRUKO | ZOOTED
                    Becky G had quite an amazing year. After slaying the charts in 2017 with her Bad Bunny-assisted single 'Mayores', she took over 2018 with some of the hottest releases. 'Zooted' was er only English release this year. There's more Becky to come.

159.KACEY MUSGRAVES | BUTTERFLIES
                    Second entry for country queen Kacey Musgraves on this chart. 'Butterflies' is a cute song about falling in love. I listened to this a lot in springtime. It's one of the songs that remind me of the first warm days of the year.

158. MARIAH CAREY | WITH YOU
                    Mariah Carey released quite a solid album this year. 'Caution' is a good record with some absolute gems on it. 'With You', the first official single, is a nice track - but there are better songs on the album. Also, the pre-release single 'GTFO' is much better.

157. HALSEY + LAUREN JAUREGUI | STRANGERS
                    One of the highlights on Halsey's 2017 album 'hopeless fountain kingdom'. It's a shame this wasn't as big as her other this 'Bad At Love' or 'Without You'. I think 'Strangers' is a fav favourite though.

156. ONE BIT + NOAH CYRUS | MY WAY
                    Miley Cyrus' little sister Noah collaborated with One Bit and released a real bop. I'm not a fan of Noah's solo material, but this dance sound really suits her. I love the use of the sample on this track.

155. DIANA GORDON | KOOL AID
                    Winter Gordon scored a couple of huge hits on my chart ('Dirty Talk', 'Still Getting Younger'), but ever since Diana goes by her own name, she hasn't made a huge impact. Until the release of 'Kool Aid'. What a beautiful song! Diana wrote the song for her kid, leaving home to go to college. Cute.

154. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS + PITBULL | MOVE TO MIAMI
                    I can't believe Enrique and Pitbull released another song together. I know they are good friends, but it looks like really no one is here for their collaborative work anymore. I like the song, but I know Enrique can do much better.

153. NINA NESBITT | THE SUN WILL COME UP, THE SEASONS WILL CHANGE
                    Listening to this song makes me feel nostalgic. Nina really delivered a great track with this one. Again, I can't wait for her album. Should be good.

152. MAROON 5 + CARDI B | GIRLS LIKE YOU
                    It still baffles me how this has become one of the biggest hits of the year. Probably because of the Cardi B feature. I really like the song, but I never expected it to become such a big hit. The video is really cute. I love J.Lo in it.

151. J BALVIN + ZION Y LENNOX | NO ES JUSTO
                    The first solo track from J Balvin to go. His 'Vibras' album is one of my favourites of the year. The album's packed with hits and potential singles. 'No Es Justo' is one of them.[/center:2tc63ueq]
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Carbon
                      Legend
                      • 19 Jul 2013

Butterflies is such a sweet song, and With You is like WBT 2, but still really enjoyable. Deserved a more impactful video and better treatment as a single

Comment

• heppolo
                        Legend
                        • 17 May 2009

153. NINA NESBITT | THE SUN WILL COME UP, THE SEASONS WILL CHANGE - that's one cute song

Comment

• luckyONE
                          Superstar
                          • 07 Feb 2012

'Girls like you' didn't leave an Impression on me when I listened to the Album last year so I was surprised it was Chosen as a single. But I'm glad it did, so I recovered it and I really enjoy it now!

Comment

• Tansike
                            Site Supporter
                            • 28 Jan 2012

159.KACEY MUSGRAVES | BUTTERFLIES
                            158. MARIAH CAREY | WITH YOU
                            157. HALSEY + LAUREN JAUREGUI | STRANGERS
                            156. ONE BIT + NOAH CYRUS | MY WAY

152. MAROON 5 + CARDI B | GIRLS LIKE YOU

Really love "Strangers" and "My Way", quite surprised the former isn't higher on your list. I also thought this could be as big as "Bad At Love" or "Without You" but I guess promotional wise she already was over that era and didn't do much for it anymore. "With You" is still my favorite song on "Caution", "Butterflies" and "Girls Like You" are nice

Comment

• king_oxymoron
                              Legend
                              • 04 Apr 2003

Great to see some Nina in the charts. Shockingly I don't know the title track yet but Somebody Special is great.

Shawn Mendes is never not amazing and In My Blood was a big moment for him this year. Enjoy the Justin track a lot, the best thing he's done in years, and Dem Beats is absolute fire, nice picks!
                              Check out my Top 100 of 2012 Countdown!

Comment

• Thriller
                                Administrator
                                • 13 Dec 2003

My Way was one of those songs that made a big impact despite not even making the top 75.

Comment

• Benjamin
                                  Legend
                                  • 29 Mar 2005

[center:2931avk0]

150. CARDI B + 21 SAVAGE | BARTIER CARDI
                                  Cardi B followed up her 2017 monster hit 'Bodak Yellow' with the 21 Savage-assisted single 'Bartier Cardi'. The song's a bop, but it's not as good as Cardi's other singles - in my opinion.

149. LAURA PAUSINI | FANTÁSTICO (HAZ LO QUE ERES)
                                  My favourite song from the 'Hazte Sentir' era. 'Fantástico' is such an uplifting track. I think it's definitely in my top 5 Laura Pausini songs.

148. MALUMA | EL PRÉSTAMO
                                  Maluma baby! 2018 incredible year for Maluma. 'El Préstamo' was one of the biggest latin hits this Summer. I really like the track, but I think he's released better songs this year.

147. CHARLIE PUTH + KEHLANI | DONE FOR ME
                                  Charlie Puth teamed up with Kehlani for this irresistible song. 'Done For Me' is one of the best things Charlie has released so far, in my opinion. I only like 'Attention' better.

146. TINASHE + OFFSET | NO DRAMA
                                  Tinashe wants no drama. The 'Joyride' era wasn't a success, but at least we got some hot tracks. 'No Drama' deserved much more. I expected it to become an urban hit, at the very least, but unfortunately it didn't do any damage on the charts.

145. IGGY AZALEA + QUAVO | SAVIOR
                                  'Savior' sound very different from your usual Iggy Azalea song, but the song still bops. I really like the music video for this one. Iggy looks stunning. I love her, but she really needs someone to save her career.

144. BONNIE MCKEE | MAD MAD WORLD
                                  Bonnie McKee always delivers the hottest pop tunes. I really thought 'Mad Mad World' would have been her big breakthrough to the mainstream charts, but no. She deserves so much more.

143. SEBASTIÁN YATRA + MAU Y RICKY | YA NO TIENE NOVIO
                                  Heartthrob Sebastían Yatra released some bops this year. 'Ya No Tiene Novio', his collaboration with producer duo Mau y Ricky, definitely is one of them. The song's featured on Sebastián's 'MANTRA' album. His debut.

142. ARIANA GRANDE + NICKI MINAJ | THE LIGHT IS COMING
                                  Ariana teamed up with Nicki Minaj once again for the release of the only promo single from 'Sweetener.' 'The Light Is Coming' is a hot track, but I get annoyed by the sample a little. Ari's other tracks are higher up in the chart.

141.RICKY MARTIN + WISIN & YANDEL | FIEBRE
                                  Ricky Martin brought the heat with the release of 'Fiebre'. Ricky worked with reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel on this track, something he's done before on the 2011 single 'Frío'. I must say the former is the better Ricky/Wisin & Yandel collaboration.[/center:2931avk0]
                                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Top10
                                    Roadie
                                    • 19 Jan 2018

Originally posted by Benjamin
                                    154. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS + PITBULL | MOVE TO MIAMI I like the song, but I know Enrique can do much better.[/center]
                                    The piano still scares me. 'Bed' is the Nicki/Ariana collab I really appreciate.
                                    Top 10 - 20.02.2024

Comment

• heppolo
                                      Legend
                                      • 17 May 2009

Yay for Laura Pausini.

Comment

• JSparksFan
                                        Moderator and Site Supporter
                                        • 24 Jul 2009

"With You" deserved more!
                                        Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [60-56]
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Cruel Summer (x12)
                                        AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. Madison Beer]
                                        Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Janet Jackson vs. Nelly Furtado]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• Benjamin
                                          Legend
                                          • 29 Mar 2005

[center:36c29ytx]

140. TOMMY GENESIS | TOMMY
                                          Naughty tune. A lot fo people said Cardi B ripped off this song when she released 'Bartier Cardi'. I think 'Tommy' is the better song. And that music video.. oh boy.

139. FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | SKY FULL OF SONG
                                          Beautiful song. One of (the few) highlights on Florence + The Machine's latest album 'High As Hope'. I think the alum's solid, but it's not as good as her previous releases.

138. CALVIN HARRIS + SAM SMITH | PROMISES
                                          It's always good to hear Sam Smith on a dance record. Calvin Harris knows how to produce a banger. Chill song. I like the music video too.

137. DADDY YANKEE | ZUM ZUM
                                          Last year Daddy Yankee scored a mega hit with Luis Fonsi ('Despacito') and this year he took over the global charts with 'Dura' (still to come). 'Zum Zum' wasn't as big, but is another tune. I like the Natti Natasha version.

136. LUCAS & STEVE + BRANDY | I COULD BE WRONG
                                          Lucas & Steve took a sample of Brandy's '90s classic 'I Wanna be Down' and turned it into a hot dance track. Listening to this song makes me hungry for new Brandy material.

135. DUA LIPA | IDGAF
                                          Dua is a queen. Her debut album has become a classic in my books. I love how she released so many singles from it. 'IDGAF' was another hit for her. I really like the music video for this one.

134. LYKKE LI | UTOPIA
                                          Lykke Li is no stranger to my chart. In 2014 she topped the year end chart with 'No Rest For The Wicked', one of my all time favourite songs. 'Utopia' is taken from her fantastic 'so sad so sexy' album.

133. JAX JONES + INA WROLDSEN | BREATHE
                                          It's always a pleasure to hear Ina Wroldsen on a dance production. I think she does a great job on'Breathe'. It took me a while to get into this song, but I absolutely love it now.

132. TINASHE + FRENCH MONTANA & TY DOLLA $IGN | ME SO BAD
                                          Third and final entry for Tinashe. 'Me So Bad' was released as the third single from 'Joyride' and it by far the best out of the songs. It should have been the lead single in my opinion. 'Me So Bad' deserved to be a hit.

131. SHAKIRA | NADA
                                          One of the highlights of Shakira's 2016 album 'El Dorado'. I wanted her to release this as a single so bad and I'm glad she did. Beautiful song, great music video.[/center:36c29ytx]
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...