Thread: Top 10

by Tue January 1st, 2019, 11:32

Happy New Year! 2018 was good for the music. I hope 2019 will be even better, despite my suspicions that this won't happen. The annual top 10 with the biggest hits of the last 365 days is coming very, very soon!
    Summer Top 10 - 14.08.2019!

by Sat January 5th, 2019, 22:19

Quote Originally Posted by Tansike
    Happy New Year to you, too!
    Thank you! Last year legendary performers involved themselves in the game again and they did it spectacularly. Some big worldwide dance hits are also coming up. The countdown is starting.

10. Sharapov feat. Veselina Popova - Say My Name

Mr. Alexey Sharapov is a Russian DJ and, as you might suppose, he has nothing in common with the award-winning tennisist Maria Sharapova. He started last year with a very strong track, which has a brief, unengaging influence of future house, heard in the touching bassline. The piano and the synth chords bring the feeling of the well-known, traditional dance music moving in new directions of crossover genres. The beautiful Bulgarian female vocalist Veselina Popova sings along the gorgeous instrumental.

'Say My Name' is the longest chart runner in Top 10 with its 13 weeks there. Reached no. 1 in the end of February.

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by Sun January 6th, 2019, 08:17

the retro-house groove (Veselina's deeper vocal adds to this retro-feeling) at the start transitioning into the modern house is interesting
    Waffles are checked cookies

by Sun January 6th, 2019, 22:13

You're right. Sadly, this track is in the colossal group of unfairly underrated pieces of music, in my opinion. Thanks and here is no. 9:

9. Maxim Andreev feat. The Claps - Crush

Russian DJ Maxim Andreev and his colleagues from the band The Claps interpreted the megahit 'Crush' by Jennifer Paige in a sensual, deep way.

The track reached no. 1 in the end of May.

by Fri January 11th, 2019, 17:18

3. Silverleaf ft. Scarlett Quinn - Lucky Star (Mark Lower Remix)

The mysterious French DJ and producer Silverleaf dropped a fantastic cover of the funk classic 'Lucky Star' (2000), sung in original by the grand house vocalist Ron Carroll. In the new deep and soft variant takes part the amazing British singer Scarlett Quinn. She is best known for her single 'Bad Boys Cry', released five years ago with her good friend, the disco star who is on the remix here, Mark Lower. The last one mentioned had a very successful 2018 because of the great summer collaborations with famous names like Shyam P, Baauer and so on.

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by Fri January 11th, 2019, 17:28

love the Scarlett Quinn's vocal contribution here

by Sat January 12th, 2019, 14:32

Quote Originally Posted by heppolo
    love the Scarlett Quinn's vocal contribution here
    I'm happy Scarlett finally found the golden mean for her, she has been searching for it a lot through the years. Vocal deep house is her way in career, I think.

2. Iscream - Disco Boy

In my opinion, this song defined the sound of summer 2018. The video depicts the perfect summer story - four ladies walking on the beach and having fun on the streets of California. However, the Romanian publisher MediaPro, a branch of Universal Music, set an interesting precedent - there wasn't any official presentation of the project iScream and the participants in the mixing, mastering and the shots of the clip. The rumours are that this artistic name stands for the popular duet in the local charts David Deejay and AMI. If so, what a comeback! How someone would have expected that the tech-house oriented DJ and producer Adi would produce such an 80s style generic disco smash with multilayered melodic line and gorgeous athmospheric vocals! The girls on the set are Romanian and American models. Still the most frequently asked question in the comment section of YouTube is: 'Who is the brunette?' Only the crew knows the answer.

Due to the weak promotion, the single didn't make anything special even in the Romanian charts. In the Top 10, this track has been on pole position for 5 consecutive weeks!

Legend
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

by Sat January 12th, 2019, 14:45

''Disco Boy'' sounds like a song from the early 2010s, the music video's a bit raunchy.