Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 23rd, 2019, 07:02

87. LENNY KRAVITZ

Born: May 26, 1964, New York, NY

At #87 we find one of the most diverse musicians with his own unique mix of rock, funk and soul, Lenny Kravitz! He released his first album in 1989, but really broke through in 1991 with the hit single "It Ain't Over Til It's Over". The hits continued throughout the 1990's with songs like "Are You Gonna Go My Way", and at the very start of my chart's era, "Fly Away" and his cover of the Guess Who's "American Woman" - which, due to spending 30 weeks in my top 40 alone, ranks as their best charting song. Several other hits followed, including top 10 hits on my chart "Again" and "Where Are We Runnin'". He's hit my chart to some extent on every album since, including a top 10 in 2014, "The Chamber". His most recent album was released last year. This consistency means, that despite never charting higher than #5, that he makes my top 100 best charting artists!

1. American Woman
    2. Fly Away
    3. Again
    4. Where Are We Runnin'
    5. The Chamber
    6. Dig In
    7. I'll Be Waiting
    8. Stillness Of Heart
    9. Low
    10. Bring It On

86. A young Canadian starlet who had one of my biggest hits of 2014.

1305. Third Eye Blind - Non-Dairy Creamer
    1304. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
    1303. Elvis Presley vs. JXL - A Little Less Conversation
    1302. Ghost - Dance Macabre
    1301. Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket (acoustic)
    1300. Modjo - Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
    1299. Fefe Dobson - In Better Hands
    1298. Leona Lewis - Forgive Me
    1297. Lifehouse - Spin
    1296. Anjulie - You And I
    1295. Pet Shop Boys - Love Etc.
    1294. Train - Ordinary
    1293. The Killers - Read My Mind
    1292. Fuel - Wasted Time
    1291. Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough

So here we have the highest entries by the legendary Elvis Presley (thanks to a remix by JXL), Swedish rockers Ghost, French electronica group Modjo, legendary synthpop duo the Pet Shop Boys and Canadian starlet Anjulie. We also get a surprise Third Eye Blind comeback from 2009, one of several hits from Shawn Mendes over the past few years, Alanis remaking her own hit in acoustic format, fellow Canadian Fefe Dobson, Leona Lewis with one of several hits from her debut album, Lifehouse's lead single from their second album, a Train soundtrack hit from Spider-Man 2, The Killers with one of several in their string of hits, Fuel with a single from their only album with Toryn Green on lead vocals, and a recent "The Greatest Showman" #1 from Kelly Clarkson that ranks this low as its run has not yet been concluded - once its run is over, I'd expect that much higher!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 24th, 2019, 05:06

86. VICTORIA DUFFIELD

Born: January 3, 1995, Abbotsford, BC, Canada

At #86 we have a Canadian starlet who got her start in her teens - Victoria Duffield! She got her start back in 2011 with her debut album "Shut Up And Dance", which had several singles make my chart. However, in 2014, she really took off for me with her sophomore effort "Accelerate", which did just that to her chart fortunes! "More Than Friends", the lead single, made a very quick impact for me reaching #1 fast, and helped by its flirty music video, was one of my biggest hits of the entire decade so far and is easily her biggest hit on my chart. This led to two more big hits from said album. She has been working on her third album "Day 1", and we have already seen some preview tracks from it make it onto my chart.

1. More Than Friends
    2. Paper Planes
    3. Hate To Say It
    4. Feel
    5. Shut Up And Dance
    6. They Don't Know About Us
    7. Get Me High
    8. Wow
    9. Break My Heart

85. A band whose lead singer unfortunately died a few years back.

1290. Tove Lo - Moments
    1289. Pussycat Dolls feat. Will.i.am - Beep
    1288. Mya - Free
    1287. Janet Jackson feat. Carly Simon - Son Of A Gun
    1286. Low Millions - Eleanor
    1285. Remy Shand - Take A Message
    1284. Natasha Bedingfield - Single
    1283. Simple Plan feat. Nelly - I Don't Want To Go To Bed
    1282. The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    1281. Mika - We Are Golden
    1280. Janet Jackson feat. Khia - So Excited
    1279. Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers
    1278. Evanescence - My Heart Is Broken
    1277. Britney Spears - I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    1276. Our Lady Peace - Angels Losing Sleep

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri January 25th, 2019, 06:13

85. LINKIN PARK

Agoura Hills, CA, USA (1996-2017 - hiatus)

We've come to one of the biggest rock bands of the 21st century so far, Linkin Park. Their debut album "Hybrid Theory" revolutionized the nu-metal sound and included a huge crossover hit, "In The End", which reached my top 5 and due to longevity was their best charting song for me. The follow-up album "Meteora" continued with the hits, and "Numb" and "Breaking The Habit" were both top 10's for me. Every album they always have changed their sound around, and the alternative rock sounds of "Minutes To Midnight" really resonated with me, as lead single "What I've Done" made my top 10 and "Shadow Of The Day" became their only #1 on my chart. Following their Transformers single "New Divide", which also made my top 5, they continued to release albums into the 2010's, but nothing since has made the same impact for me as their 2000's classics. Tragically, lead singer Chester Bennington took his own life back in 2017; since then, Mike Shinoda has continued to tour and record as a solo artist, paying tribute to his bandmate along the way, and his solo album "Post Traumatic" had four of its songs in diverse styles make my chart over the past year, proving that he still has a lot to say musically.

1. In The End
    2. Shadow Of The Day
    3. Numb
    4. Breaking The Habit
    5. New Divide
    6. What I've Done
    7. Somewhere I Belong
    8. Leave Out All The Rest
    9. Burn It Down
    10. Waiting For The End

84. We just had the biggest breakout rock band of the 2000's, now here is the biggest breakout rock band of the 2010's.

1275. Melanie C - Anymore
    1274. Nick Lachey - What's Left Of Me
    1273. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
    1272. Kool & the Gang - Sexy (Where'd You Get Yours)
    1271. Sheryl Crow - Light In Your Eyes
    1270. Green Day - Minority
    1269. Lady GaGa feat. Bradley Cooper - Shallow
    1268. Lights - Same Sea
    1267. Nick Lachey - I Can't Hate You Anymore
    1266. Daughtry - Life After You
    1265. Michael Jackson feat. Akon - Hold My Hand
    1264. Papa Roach feat. Skylar Grey - Periscope
    1263. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Round & Round
    1262. Frankie J - Obsession (No Es Amor)
    1261. Edwin McCain - I Could Not Ask For More

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 1st, 2019, 05:16

84. IMAGINE DRAGONS

Las Vegas, NV, USA (2008-present)

At #84 we have one of the biggest groups of the 2010's, Imagine Dragons! Their debut album "Night Visions" was a major mainstream breakthrough in 2012, scoring three huge hits worldwide, including "Demons" which was a #1 on my chart. Ever since then, they have continued to score the hits, and many of their hits have at least made the top 20 on my chart. Their most recent album "Origins" has continued the successes with both "Natural" and current single "Bad Liar" doing fairly well, and I feel they have many more hits to come in the future!

1. Demons
    2. Born To Be Yours (with Kygo)
    3. Walking The Wire
    4. Natural
    5. Believer
    6. On Top Of The World
    7. I Bet My Life
    8. Shots
    9. Zero
    10. Bad Liar

83. One of the top male singer-songwriters of the 2010's.

1260. Simple Plan - Perfect
    1259. Gwen Stefani - Baby Don't Lie
    1258. Gavin DeGraw - In Love With A Girl
    1257. Eminem - When I'm Gone
    1256. Hilary Duff - Sparks
    1255. Goo Goo Dolls - Caught In The Storm
    1254. 3 Doors Down - The Broken
    1253. Lorde - Green Light
    1252. Chris Brown - With You
    1251. Collective Soul - Run
    1250. Elton John & LeAnn Rimes - Written In The Stars
    1249. Adelitas Way - Alive
    1248. Moist - Mechanical
    1247. Fabolous feat. Tamia - Into You
    1246. Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day

Most of the artists in this set have other songs to come up; however, we see the highest entries for Canadian rockers Moist and American rapper Fabolous. We see a long-running Simple Plan song that, despite only peaking at #34 on my chart, spent nearly half a year on, a one-off Gwen Stefani single before not making it onto an album tracklisting, Gavin DeGraw's lead single from his sophomore album, Eminem's lead from his greatest hits, a comeback single from Hilary Duff, an obscure Goo Goo Dolls track from their later period, 3 Doors Down's most recent top 10 to date, Lorde's lead single from her second album, Collective Soul's earliest eligible song, a musical duet from Elton John and LeAnn Rimes, an upbeat rocker from Adelitas Way, Nickelback's "enjoy every day like it could be your last" anthem, and a woman beater who got himself banned from my chart a year after that song charted, Chris Brown.

83. ED SHEERAN

Born February 17, 1991 in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, UK

At #83 we find top British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran! Over his career so far, he has gone from strength to strength, as indeed for me he keeps getting better every album! I thought he was just ok at first, but after a while started getting into him more, culminating in his "÷" album in 2017, which generated three top 10 singles and a further top 20; "Perfect" reached #1, becoming his only #1 so far though given how much I've been getting into him, I feel he'll have more to come. Not only does he write songs for himself, but he's been writing many songs for others; while I feel prior to recently his songs for other artists were rather subpar though he's showing improvements even on the songs he writes for others.

1. Perfect
    2. Galway Girl
    3. Castle On The Hill
    4. Bloodstream
    5. Happier
    6. Old School Love (with Lupe Fiasco)
    7. Don't
    8. End Game (with Taylor Swift & Future)
    9. Everything Has Changed (with Taylor Swift)
    10. Photograph

82. A Canadian male pop star from this decade who hasn't had much exposure outside Canada.

1245. Zedd feat. Selena Gomez - I Want You To Know
    1244. Duran Duran - (Reach Up For The) Sunrise
    1243. Kate Voegele - Gravity Happens
    1242. Mya - My Love Is Like... Wo
    1241. Hailee Steinfeld feat. BloodPop - Capital Letters
    1240. Willa Ford - I Wanna Be Bad
    1239. Jason Derulo - In My Head
    1238. The Script - Superheroes
    1237. Kanye West - All Falls Down
    1236. Luke McMaster & Jim Brickman - Good Morning Beautiful
    1235. Celine Dion - I Drove All Night
    1234. K-Ci & JoJo - Crazy
    1233. Our Lady Peace - All You Did Was Save My Life
    1232. Beyoncé & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
    1231. Train feat. Ashley Monroe - Bruises

Here we have the highest entries for pop starlets Willa Ford and Hailee Steinfeld, AC pianist Jim Brickman and Canadian vocalist formerly of McMaster and James, Luke McMaster, R&B brother duo K-Ci & JoJo, and... this will surely make him mad... Mr. Ego himself, Kanye West! "WHO THE HELL ARE THESE 1236 PEOPLE AHEAD OF ME? I, ME, KANYE WEST SHOULD BE #1!" We also see EDM DJ Zedd team up with Selena Gomez on what will most likely be her final top 5 hit on my chart since I don't like her anymore, a reunion for Duran Duran's original five members, the title track from Kate Voegele's 2011 album, a big Mya hit from 2003, Jason Derulo with one of his early hits, Irish pop-rock trio The Script, Canadian diva Celine Dion with a Cyndi Lauper cover for a car commercial, a 2009 comeback from Our Lady Peace, Train with their turn at a country collaboration and a double divafest from Beyoncé and Shakira!

82. TYLER SHAW

Born April 8, 1993 in Coquitlam, BC, Canada

At #82 we find Canadian singer Tyler Shaw, as one of my favourites of the 2010's. His debut album, "Yesterday" was released in 2015, after having had several top 10 singles on my chart, most notably the #1 hit "House Of Cards", which remains my favourite from him. His most recent album "Intuition" was released last year, and its song "With You" carried on the success he's had. Hopefully he's got many more hits in the future!

1. House Of Cards
    2. Wicked
    3. Dizzy
    4. By My Side
    5. It Happens All The Time
    6. With You
    7. Cautious
    8. Kiss Goodnight
    9. Let's Just Pretend
    10. Anybody Out There

81. An artist I really enjoyed back in the 90's but has been ruined for me due to uninspired music mostly featuring annoying random rappers, as well as being annoyed by an extremely irritating and delusional fanbase.

1230. David Guetta feat. Usher - Without You
    1229. Green Day - Back In The USA
    1228. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
    1227. New Kids On The Block, Salt-N-Pepa, Naughty By Nature, Debbie Gibson & Tiffany - 80's Baby
    1226. Simon Collins - Unconditional
    1225. Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again
    1224. Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell - Blurred Lines
    1223. Leona Lewis - I Will Be
    1222. Shawn Desman - Victoria
    1221. Celine Dion feat. Lindsey Stirling - The Show Must Go On
    1220. Marianas Trench - Beside You
    1219. Hot Chelle Rae - Bleed
    1218. Rachel Platten - 1,000 Ships
    1217. O-Town - These Are The Days
    1216. Beyoncé - If I Were A Boy

Here we have the highest appearances by a bunch of 80's artists channeling their inner nostalgia on an epic collaboration, Phil Collins's son Simon, Robin Thicke with his summer 2013 anthem, Canadian pop star Shawn Desman, and a pre-breakthrough Hot Chelle Rae. Speaking of pre-breakthrough singles, Rachel Platten had a top 10 hit on my chart before "Fight Song"! We also have one of several EDM collaborations from Usher by way of David Guetta, Green Day with a single from their recent greatest hits album, another fairly recent hit by Shawn Mendes, one of several Alicia Keys songs to make the list, Leona Lewis with a song written by Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion covering a Queen classic, Marianas Trench from my favourite album of theirs, O-Town with a country-tinged hit and a gender-bender from Beyoncé!

81. MARIAH CAREY

Born: March 17, 1969 or 1970, Huntington, NY, USA

At #81 we come to one of the most polarizing artists in the list... even within her own career! See, back in the 90's, I really enjoyed Mariah Carey's music, feeling she had a powerful voice and catchy songs. Her success started to continue into my chart era, with her Whitney Houston duet "When You Believe" and Rainbow lead single "Heartbreaker" both reaching my top 10. For a few years after, she floundered along for me only to bounce back with her "Emancipation of Mimi" album, which had three top 10 hits on my chart, including the #1 "We Belong Together", her biggest hit in my chart era. Following this her success has dimmed, and aside from a fluke hit "Almost Home", has flopped ever since. Due to a combination of releasing uninspired trash (mostly featuring random rappers - songs such as "Triumphant", "Thirsty", "I Don't" and "GTFO" are all among my most hated of the 2010's), as well as an extremely irritating, nasty, obsessive and delusional fan base souring my past enthusiasm for her with their overall stupidity, it's safe to say that Mariah has been completely ruined for me now; indeed, as I have zero interest in new music from her anymore, nothing from her "Caution" album was even able to make my chart at all.. It would take a huge miracle for her to ever get another big hit for me again, given everything that has happened that has ruined her.

1. We Belong Together
    2. Heartbreaker
    3. I Know What You Want (with Busta Rhymes)
    4. Almost Home
    5. Don't Forget About Us
    6. Say Something
    7. When You Believe (with Whitney Houston)
    8. Through The Rain
    9. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
    10. Loverboy

80. A true legend of Canadian music.

1215. Hyper Crush - Kick Us Out
    1214. Swollen Members feat. Nelly Furtado - Breath
    1213. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    1212. Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver
    1211. Michael Buble - Home
    1210. Lifehouse - Breathing
    1209. The Saturdays - What About Us
    1208. Chantal Kreviazuk - Before You
    1207. The Pretenders - Holy Commotion
    1206. Shawn Mendes - Lost In Japan
    1205. Aly & A.J. - Potential Breakup Song
    1204. Mia Martina - HFH
    1203. Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory
    1202. Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
    1201. Zayn - Like I Would

So here we have the highest entries from Hyper Crush, Swollen Members, The Pretenders (as my favourites from them predate my chart), Aly & A.J., Mia Martina and the solo career of One Direction's Zayn Malik. We also have another One Directioner, Niall Horan, as well as chart mainstays Natalie Imbruglia, Michael Buble, Lifehouse, The Saturdays, Chantal Kreviazuk, Shawn Mendes and Bon Jovi, as well as a singer who was gone too soon, Amy Winehouse.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 1st, 2019, 05:17

80. BRYAN ADAMS

Born: November 5, 1959, Kingston, ON, Canada

At #80 we find among the upper pantheon of Canadian music legends - Bryan Adams. (And no, I wasn't actually named after him, though it would've been plausible.) In the early 80's, he broke through big time, both in Canada and internationally, and by 1985 and the classic "Reckless" album, he was one of the biggest stars on the planet, with classic after classic that hold up very well, including anthems like "Summer Of '69". The hits continued well into the 1990's, especially on the "Waking Up The Neighbours" album and his star was still shining strong when my chart started in 1999, as two singles from his "On A Day Like Today" album made my top 10 in its early years. The "Room Service" album continued the success in 2004 when "Open Road" made my top 10. A decade of minor chart hits followed until he returned to my top 10 with "She Knows Me" in 2014. To this day, he's still very much capable of hitting strong for me, as last year's top 5 hit "Ultimate Love" has shown. So far, his single "Shine A Light", which recently debuted for me, has had a warm reception and I wouldn't be surprised if it's big enough to carry on his success into my chart's third decade!

1. When You're Gone (with Melanie C)
    2. Ultimate Love
    3. Cloud Number 9
    4. Open Road
    5. The Best Of Me
    6. She Knows Me
    7. Inside Out
    8. This Side Of Paradise
    9. Brand New Day
    10. Here I Am

79. One of the key figures in the late 90's Latin invasion.

1200. The Corrs - Summer Sunshine
    1199. Kate Voegele feat. Inland Sky - Caught Up In You
    1198. Five For Fighting - 100 Years
    1197. DJ Cassidy feat. Robin Thicke & Jessie J - Calling All Hearts
    1196. Kylie Minogue - Timebomb
    1195. Dannii Minogue - You Won't Forget About Me
    1194. Chantal Kreviazuk - Wonderful
    1193. Tyler Shaw - Dizzy
    1192. Lindsay Lohan - Confessions Of A Broken Heart
    1191. Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet
    1190. Savage Garden - Crash And Burn
    1189. Metric - Poster Of A Girl
    1188. The Fray - Break Your Plans
    1187. Seether - Rise Above This
    1186. Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come

79. RICKY MARTIN

Born: December 24, 1971, San Juan, Puerto Rico

In the late 1990's, there was a Latin invasion with several artists of Hispanic descent breaking through and at the forefront is Ricky Martin! After starting out in Menudo, and appearing on General Hospital, he shook his booty to the top of the charts and his self-titled album became a huge hit, spawning two #1's on my chart and a further top 5. The success continued with "Sound Loaded", which gave him another #1 and another top 10 for me. While he has continued to record to this day, mostly in Spanish, he hasn't been as successful as his initial wave of popularity, but still manages to maintain a decent fanbase in the Latin community in particular.

1. Livin' La Vida Loca
    2. She Bangs
    3. She's All I Ever Had
    4. Shake Your Bon-Bon
    5. The Cup Of Life
    6. Nobody Wants To Be Lonely (with Christina Aguilera)
    7. Private Emotion (with Meja)
    8. I Don't Care (with Amerie & Fat Joe)
    9. The Best Thing About Me Is You (with Joss Stone)
    10. Drop It On Me (with Daddy Yankee)

78. One of the most successful artists to come out of the X Factor in the UK.

1185. Eva Avila - I Owe It All To You
    1184. Sting - I Can't Stop Thinking About You
    1183. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Naturally
    1182. Madonna - Sorry
    1181. Katy Perry - Hummingbird Heartbeat
    1180. Stacie Orrico - I Promise
    1179. Scott Helman - Kinda Complicated
    1178. Hedley - Trip
    1177. Sarah Connor - Bounce
    1176. Nelly Furtado - Night Is Young
    1175. MB - Julien
    1174. Ashley Allen - Body Say No, Heart Say Yes
    1173. Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
    1172. Ariana Grande feat. The Weeknd - Love Me Harder
    1171. Kacey Musgraves - High Horse

78. LEONA LEWIS

Born: April 3, 1985, London, UK

At #78 we find one of the most successful artists to come out of the X Factor, Leona Lewis! Her debut album "Spirit" was a huge success with "Bleeding Love" reaching #1 on my chart and having a long chart run and further singles also achieving success, including a couple top 10's. Since then, she has hit #1 for me with "Happy" and also hit the top 10 with her "Avatar" theme, "I See You". While she hasn't hit the top 10 since then, she has continued to chart on and off, up to her most recent appearance, a collaboration with EDM DJ Hellberg, earlier this year.

1. Bleeding Love
    2. Happy
    3. I See You
    4. I Will Be
    5. Forgive Me
    6. Better In Time
    7. Run
    8. Headlights (with Hellberg)
    9. Thunder
    10. I Got You

77. A male singer-songwriter known as much for his private life as his music.

1170. Lucy Woodward - Dumb Girls
    1169. Counting Crows - Hanginaround
    1168. Chantal Kreviazuk - All I Got
    1167. Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On
    1166. Ryan Cabrera - House On Fire
    1165. Eve feat. Gwen Stefani - Let Me Blow Ya Mind
    1164. Tyler Shaw - Wicked
    1163. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like A Love Song
    1162. Kreesha Turner - Don't Call Me Baby
    1161. Janelle Monae - Make Me Feel
    1160. Mandy Moore - Extraordinary
    1159. Armchair Cynics - Coalmine
    1158. Idina Menzel - Defying Gravity
    1157. The Cranberries - Iosa
    1156. Daughtry - Long Live Rock & Roll

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat February 2nd, 2019, 08:32

77. JOHN MAYER

Born October 16, 1977, Bridgeport, CT, USA

At #77 we find one of the most popular and most tabloid-friendly singer-songwriters of the 21st century, John Mayer! His "Room For Squares" album was a huge favourite back in the day and gave the hit singles "No Such Thing" and "Your Body Is A Wonderland". The success continued with "Heavier Things", which had a #1 hit on my chart, "Bigger Than My Body". Since then, he has had many hits and misses, with hits primarily including songs like "Heartbreak Warfare" and the Taylor Swift collaboration they recorded while they were dating, "Half Of My Heart". His most recent hit for me, "New Light", charted last year.

1. No Such Thing
    2. Your Body Is A Wonderland
    3. Bigger Than My Body
    4. Half Of My Heart
    5. Heartbreak Warfare
    6. Why Georgia
    7. New Light
    8. Say
    9. Waiting On The World To Change
    10. Clarity

77. A country duo who only released one album together - but one member has had much more success solo.

1155. Jewel - Again And Again
    1154. Passenger - Let Her Go
    1153. Flo Rida feat. Sia - Wild Ones
    1152. Rita Ora - Anywhere
    1151. Gin Blossoms - Miss Disarray
    1150. Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
    1149. Ricky Martin - The Cup Of Life
    1148. Goo Goo Dolls - All That You Are
    1147. Switchfoot - Meant To Live
    1146. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
    1145. Soul Decision - Kiss The Walls
    1144. Boys Like Girls - Heart Heart Heartbreak
    1143. Jagged Edge feat. Nelly - Where The Party At?
    1142. Iio - Rapture
    1141. Bryan Adams - Open Road

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 3rd, 2019, 05:25

76. THE WRECKERS

Nashville, TN, USA (2004-2007)

After releasing her first two solo albums, Michelle Branch announced a country music project with her friend Jessica Harp, called The Wreckers. As I was a fan of her music up to that point, I was anticipating this quite strongly, and it didn't disappoint at the time, with four tracks from their album "Stand Still, Look Pretty" making #1 on my chart, including my #1 song of 2006, "Leave The Pieces", which remains a favourite of mine to this day. Alas, aside from a live album, they went their separate ways after just one studio album. While Michelle Branch maintained some success for several years afterwards, including a few more #1's, Jessica Harp faded into obscurity fast and has mostly been forgotten. Guess we know why the Wreckers were so successful for me

1. Leave The Pieces
    2. My, Oh My
    3. Tennessee
    4. The Good Kind
    5. Lay Me Down
    6. Cigarettes

75. A Canadian pop-rock band whose lead singer has been accused of sexual misconduct.

1140. Carly Rae Jepsen - Higher
    1139. Nelly Furtado - Powerless (Say What You Want)
    1138. 'N Sync - Gone
    1137. Mariah Carey - Almost Home
    1136. Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time
    1135. Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In
    1134. Taylor Swift - Delicate
    1133. Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
    1132. Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger - Let Me Go
    1131. INXS - Pretty Vegas
    1130. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart
    1129. Marianas Trench - One Love
    1128. Sugar Jones - Days Like That
    1127. Anastacia - Welcome To My Truth
    1126. Leona Lewis - I See You

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 3rd, 2019, 07:51

Quite an eclectic mix of songs and acts.
    "And keep reaching for the stars...." Casey Kasem RIP 1932-2014

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 3rd, 2019, 09:39

1212. Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver
    1203. Bon Jovi - (You Want To) Make A Memory
    1200. The Corrs - Summer Sunshine
    1198. Five For Fighting - 100 Years
    1191. Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet
    1190. Savage Garden - Crash And Burn
    1182. Madonna - Sorry
    1177. Sarah Connor - Bounce
    1156. Daughtry - Long Live Rock & Roll
    1149. Ricky Martin - The Cup Of Life
    1147. Switchfoot - Meant To Live
    1138. 'N Sync - Gone

I like all these, especially Bon Jovi, Savage Garden and D Child.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 4th, 2019, 05:38

75. HEDLEY

Abbotsford, BC, Canada (2003-2018; hiatus)

At #75 is a band started by Jacob Hoggard, who appeared on Canadian Idol. For the better part of a decade, Hedley were ubiquitous on Canadian radio, with songs like "Trip", "Perfect", "Kiss You Inside Out", "Crazy For You" and "Hello", among many others, being huge radio smashes, and among the strongest beneficiaries of CanCon regulations, and I enjoyed many of their hits, despite them never having had a #1 on my chart, they were a regular presence. Last year, Jacob was accused of several counts of sexual assault, and due to these allegations, radio stations have stopped playing their music and it looks like they will not recover from this if they ever resume their careers. I am disgusted by his alleged behaviour, and given this, I'm not sure if I can listen to their music the same way I used to. Still, they delivered many songs I enjoyed back in the day and the memories will always remain, even if they have since been tainted by scandal.

1. Kiss You Inside Out
    2. Hello
    3. Crazy For You
    4. Trip
    5. Perfect
    6. Heaven In Our Headlights
    7. Don't Talk To Strangers
    8. Lost In Translation
    9. On My Own
    10. Better Days

74. One of the biggest British male artists of all time - despite relatively few hits in the US.

1125. Soluna - For All Time
    1124. Nelly Furtado - Maneater
    1123. Aaliyah - More Than A Woman
    1122. Orianthi feat. Lacey Sturm - Courage
    1121. Taylor Swift - All You Had To Do Was Stay
    1120. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
    1119. Tina Turner - When The Heartache Is Over
    1118. Theory Of A Deadman - All Or Nothing
    1117. Rob Thomas - I Think We'd Feel Good Together
    1116. Ballas Hough Band - Do It For You
    1115. Paramore - Still Into You
    1114. Westlife - Swear It Again
    1113. Rihanna - Rehab
    1112. Joe feat. Mystikal - Stutter
    1111. Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud

Here we have a set bookended by Latin pop songs, with girl group Soluna and superstar Jennifer Lopez (with many songs to come) bookending the list. We also lose the highest entries by the legendary Tina Turner (as most of my favourites from her predate my chart), Canadian rockers Theory Of A Deadman, Dancing With The Stars group the Ballas Hough Band, R&B sensation Joe, and Irish pop quintet (now a quartet) Westlife - though I feel their current single "Hello My Love" will likely surpass the success of their debut "Swear It Again". We also have a female rock collaboration from Australian guitarist Orianthi and former Flyleaf lead singer Lacey Sturm, more female rock from Paramore, the late Aaliyah with a posthumous hit, and a bunch of chart mainstays - Nelly Furtado, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Rob Thomas and Rihanna.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue February 5th, 2019, 07:07

74. ROBBIE WILLIAMS

Born: February 13, 1974, Stoke-on-Trent, UK

At #74 we find one of the UK's biggest male artists ever - Robbie Williams! He got his start back in the 1990's as part of Take That, and then as a solo artist, became even bigger! His first two UK albums - combined into one, "The Ego Has Landed" for North American release, spawned some hits in the early years of my chart, particularly the #1 hit "Millennium" and top 10 hit "Angels". His next album, "Sing When You're Winning" gave us several more hits, including the top 5 hit "Rock DJ", and the hits kept on coming on later albums, most notably "Feel". He has continued to chart to some extent since, with his most recent top 5 hit for me being "Run It Wild" from a collection of rare unreleased tracks.

1. Millennium
    2. Feel
    3. Run It Wild
    4. Rock DJ
    5. Angels
    6. Supreme
    7. Kids (with Kylie Minogue)
    8. She's Madonna (with the Pet Shop Boys)
    9. Tripping
    10. Eyes On The Highway

73. One of the biggest Christian rock bands of the 21st century.

1110. The Cranberries - Promises
    1109. Pia Toscano - This Time
    1108. Alanis Morissette - Everything
    1107. Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
    1106. Pink - God Is A DJ
    1105. Alanis Morissette - Guardian
    1104. Sarah McLachlan - Angel
    1103. Hilary Duff - Play With Fire
    1102. Britney Spears - Overprotected
    1101. Amanda Marshall - Sunday Morning After
    1100. Fuel - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)
    1099. Manafest - Never Let You Go
    1098. Niall Horan - On The Loose
    1097. Mary J. Blige - No More Drama
    1096. Busta Rhymes feat. Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 6th, 2019, 07:59

73. SWITCHFOOT

San Diego, CA, USA (1996-present)

At #73 we have California Christian rockers Switchfoot! They broke through in 2003 with "The Beautiful Letdown" album, a modern day classic, and hit singles such as "Meant To Live" and "Dare You To Move" were both long-running top 20 hits for me. Over the past 16 years, they've continued to hit on and off during this time, with "Your Love Is A Song" - their best chart performer for me - reaching #2 in 2010. The hits have continued with their last eight albums all netting at least one chart single for me, and they finally got a #1 for me in 2017 with "I Won't Let You Go". They most recently hit my top 10 with a hurricane relief single, "Shine Like Gold" - a collaboration with Lifehouse, and their most recent album, "Native Tongue", came out just two weeks ago. Something tells me we certainly haven't seen the last of Switchfoot!

1. Your Love Is A Song
    2. Dare You To Move
    3. I Won't Let You Go
    4. Meant To Live
    5. Shine Like Gold (with Lifehouse)
    6. Who We Are
    7. We Are One Tonight
    8. Stars
    9. When We Come Alive
    10. Love Alone Is Worth The Fight

72. One of the biggest alternative rock bands of all time with a funk-infused sound.

1095. 50 Cent - In Da Club
    1094. John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
    1093. Madyx - Bad Decisions
    1092. Hedley - Crazy For You
    1091. Ace Of Base - Would You Believe
    1090. 3 Doors Down - One Light
    1089. ELO - When I Was A Boy
    1088. Madonna - Get Together
    1087. Stone Sour - St. Marie
    1086. Sarah Brightman & Paul Stanley - I Will Be With You (Where The Lost Ones Go)
    1085. Robbie Williams - Angels
    1084. Cascada - Dangerous
    1083. Britney Spears - I Wanna Go
    1082. K'naan feat. Nelly Furtado - Is Anybody Out There
    1081. He Is We - Happily Ever After

So in here, we have quite the mixed bag! We have Swedish pop group Ace Of Base with a hidden treasure that resurfaced for a rarities compilation and the legendary Electric Light Orchestra with their highest entries, as my favourites from them both pre-date my chart era. We also have a surprise entry from one of my most hated rappers ever, 50 Cent! From the "OMG WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE" file we have Madyx and He Is We, plus the highest entry for Somali-Canadian rapper K'naan - a collaboration with Nelly Furtado. Another highest entry here is Stone Sour - with a tender ballad not typical of their hard rock style! We also have one of THE most offbeat collaborations ever - Sarah Brightman and Paul Stanley! Yet they somehow made it work! The other seven entries - John Mayer, Hedley, 3 Doors Down, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Cascada and Britney Spears - are all artists found in my top 100 best charting - we have seen four of them so far, and we surely won't get to 3 Doors Down, Madonna or Britney Spears anytime soon, they will have much more to come!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu February 7th, 2019, 05:28

72. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

Los Angeles, CA, USA (1983-present)

At #72 we have one of the biggest alternative rock bands of all time, the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Originating in the Los Angeles underground in the 1980's, they hit the big time with their album "Mother's Milk", and furthered it with their biggest album "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", which featured hit singles such as "Give It Away" and "Under The Bridge". The success continued well into the 1990's, and in the first year of my chart, they had a streak of hits from their "Californication" album as four singles from it were big hits on my chart - including their best chart performer, "Scar Tissue", which spent half a year in my top 40. As elder statesmen of the funk rock genre, the hits continued into the 2000's as albums such as "By The Way" and "Stadium Arcadium" proved. To date, they have 13 #1 hits on the Billboard modern rock chart, but it wasn't until 2011 when they topped my chart - with one of my favourites from them, "The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie". Their most recent album "The Getaway" came out in 2016, and they are due for new music very soon - hopefully it'll be worthy of the immense discography they have had so far and will deliver more hits!

1. Scar Tissue
    2. The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
    3. Otherside
    4. Californication
    5. Dani California
    6. The Zephyr Song
    7. Around The World
    8. By The Way
    9. Can't Stop
    10. Tell Me Baby

71. One of the biggest stars to come out of the Disney Channel.

1080. John Mayer feat. Taylor Swift - Half Of My Heart
    1079. Kate Voegele - Hallelujah
    1078. The Saturdays - Disco Love
    1077. Blondie - Long Time
    1076. Shania Twain - Forever And For Always
    1075. Goo Goo Dolls - Home
    1074. Joydrop - Sometimes Wanna Die
    1073. Jann Arden - Where No One Knows Me
    1072. Kristina Maria - Let's Play
    1071. Foo Fighters - Something From Nothing
    1070. Metro Station - Seventeen Forever
    1069. Danity Kane - Damaged
    1068. Roxette - She's Got Nothing On (But The Radio)
    1067. Shakira - Empire
    1066. David Usher - Black Black Heart

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 8th, 2019, 05:24

71. HILARY DUFF

Born September 28, 1987, Houston, TX, USA

At #71 we find the star of Lizzie McGuire herself, Hilary Duff! Her breakthrough came on said Disney Channel series, starting up her music career in parallel. In the 2000's, her albums included "Metamorphosis", "Hilary Duff" and "Dignity", with several top 5 hits on my chart. Her most recent album, "Breathe In, Breathe Out", was released in 2015, and included hit singles such as "All About You" and "Sparks". Hopefully she'll have some more good music to come whenever she returns!

1. Come Clean
    2. So Yesterday
    3. With Love
    4. Play With Fire
    5. Sparks
    6. Fly
    7. Stranger
    8. All About You
    9. Wake Up
    10. The Getaway

70. One of the biggest country superstars of this century.

1065. Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers
    1064. Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name
    1063. Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
    1062. Britney Spears - From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
    1061. Barenaked Ladies - Boomerang
    1060. Kimberley Locke - 8th World Wonder
    1059. Katy Perry - The One That Got Away
    1058. B*Witched - C'est La Vie
    1057. Kelly Clarkson - Medicine
    1056. Madonna - Don't Tell Me
    1055. 3 Doors Down - Loser
    1054. Anggun feat. Pras Michel - My Man
    1053. Fort Minor feat. Skylar Grey - Where'd You Go
    1052. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
    1051. Nelly Furtado - Try

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat February 9th, 2019, 06:33

70. CARRIE UNDERWOOD

Born March 10, 1983, Muskogee, OK, USA

Very few American Idol contestants have ever achieved long-term success. Carrie Underwood is one of the few who has continued her popularity well over a decade after her win. The country star from Oklahoma won the fourth season, and quickly started her career as the debut album "Some Hearts" became one of the biggest of the 2000's, and spawned the crossover hit "Before He Cheats" which delighted pop audiences as much as it did country audiences. To date, she has hit the top spot on the country chart 15 times; her biggest success for me came from the "Blown Away" era, as "Good Girl" made my top 5 and "Blown Away" topped my chart and was in my top 10 songs of the entire year and is therefore her biggest chart performer; additionally, she did a collaboration with Aerosmith during this time that also made my top 5. Her latest album, "Cry Pretty" was released last year and shows she still has what it takes to hit strong!

1. Blown Away
    2. Good Girl
    3. Can't Stop Lovin' You (with Aerosmith)
    4. There's A Place For Us
    5. Before He Cheats
    6. Wasted
    7. The Fighter (with Keith Urban)
    8. Last Name
    9. Two Black Cadillacs
    10. See You Again

69. One of the biggest male stars of my chart's era; he was also part of a popular group.

1050. Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
    1049. Lifehouse - Hurricane
    1048. Kate Voegele - Sunshine In My Sky
    1047. Christina Aguilera - Your Body
    1046. Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime
    1045. Kelly Clarkson - Low
    1044. Usher - U Remind Me
    1043. Blondie - Maria
    1042. Live On Arrival - Hello Goodbye
    1041. Carly Rae Jepsen - Party For One
    1040. Adele - Love In The Dark
    1039. Toto - Alone
    1038. The Cranberries - Why
    1037. Stereos - Summer Girl
    1036. Debelah Morgan - Dance With Me

Here we have the highest entries from emo legends Fall Out Boy (with a Babyface production!), Canadian pop rockers Live On Arrival and Stereos, and R&B one hit wonder Debelah Morgan, as well as three acts who had the bulk of their careers prior to my chart - Blondie, Toto and the Cranberries - though their late lead singer, Dolores O'Riordan, isn't done yet! We also have one of many Usher songs starting with "U", Carly Rae Jepsen's recent, still-charting #1 (which would be much higher if I could count its full run), a mid-2010's hit from Coldplay, later-career hits from Christina Aguilera and Lifehouse, both chart mainstays, an album track from Adele's "25", and the two "K"'s each have one of their many songs in this set - Kate Voegele and Kelly Clarkson! You could say what she did was low.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 10th, 2019, 02:38

69. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

Born January 31, 1981, Memphis, TN, USA

At #69 we come to one of the 21st century's biggest male artists ever - Justin Timberlake! He got his start first on the Mickey Mouse Club, then as a member of 'N Sync (who are still to come) - and in 2002, became the breakout solo member to a massive career. While the "Justified" album was successful, and a feature on the Black Eyed Peas' "Where Is The Love" kept him in the spotlight, his true superstar moment came with the "FutureSex/LoveSounds" album, which is his signature era, teaming him with his signature producer Timbaland, and had three top 3 hits on my chart. The success continued after a lengthy hiatus and his "20/20 Experience" albums had several hits, including a #2 on my chart, "Mirrors". Ironically enough, while his songs tend to be quite long on his albums, I almost always prefer the radio edits. His most recent album, "Man Of The Woods" was released last year, and while it was unsuccessful on my chart, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out more hits in the future!

(Excluding features; "Where Is The Love" would have ranked #1 if included

1. Cry Me A River
    2. What Goes Around...
    3. My Love
    4. LoveStoned
    5. Mirrors
    6. Like I Love You
    7. Rock Your Body
    8. Can't Stop The Feeling
    9. Suit & Tie
    10. Summer Love

68. A Latin star who these days, more often than not, collaborates with a Latin rapper.

1035. Matchbox 20 - Back 2 Good
    1034. Kate Voegele - Ventura Highway
    1033. Vengaboys - We Like To Party
    1032. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
    1031. Bush - The Only Way Out
    1030. Sarah McLachlan - Stupid
    1029. Nikki Yanofsky - Necessary Evil
    1028. James Durbin - Love Me Bad
    1027. Jessie J feat. B.O.B. - Price Tag
    1026. Suzie McNeil - Merry Go Round
    1025. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
    1024. Missy Elliott feat. Ciara & Fatman Scoop - Lose Control
    1023. Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette - Hello
    1022. Armin Van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - This Is What It Feels Like
    1021. Michelle Branch - Everywhere

Here we have the highest appearances from Eurodance group the Vengaboys, Canadian singer Nikki Yanofsky, American Idol alumnus James Durbin, Rock Star: INXS contestant Suzie McNeil, legendary rapper Missy Elliott and EDM DJ's Martin Solveig and Armin Van Buuren; also, Canadian synthpop group Dragonette bows out on "Hello". We also get to the lowest ranked song from Kate Voegele's "Canyonlands" album, which made the list in its entirety; 90's rockers Matchbox Twenty, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bush; Lilith Fair founder Sarah McLachlan; British stars Jessie J and James Blunt... and the debut single from an eventual core artist, Michelle Branch, with her humble beginning, the top 10 hit "Everywhere" whose performance gave no hint that she'd eventually have 15 #1's, 14 of which are still to appear.

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 11th, 2019, 07:38

68. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS

Born May 8, 1975, Madrid, Spain

At #68 is one of the biggest Latino stars worldwide - Enrique Iglesias! He started out singing in Spanish, but in 1999 branched out into English language music - songs such as "Bailamos", "Rhythm Divine" and "Be With You" were all top 5 hits on my chart. The hits continued on his next album "Escape", where its title track and "Hero" also made my top 5. While he has continued to hit since, he has not reached my top 10 since "Not In Love" in 2004. These days, he tends to record mostly as part of the group "Enrique Iglesias featuring Pitbull", though none of their stuff has made the top 20 on my chart. His most recent chart appearance was in 2016 on RedOne's "Don't You Need Somebody"; as a solo artist, he hasn't hit since late 2013's top 20 hit "Heart Attack".

1. Bailamos
    2. Be With You
    3. Escape
    4. Hero
    5. Rhythm Divine
    6. Not In Love
    7. Don't Turn Off The Lights
    8. Could I Have This Kiss Forever (with Whitney Houston)
    9. Heart Attack
    10. I Like How It Feels

67. One of two sisters from the same family to make the list.

1020. My Chemical Romance - Sing
    1019. One Direction - Live While We're Young
    1018. Barenaked Ladies - It's All Been Done
    1017. Ashlee Simpson - La La
    1016. Amanda Marshall - Everybody's Got A Story
    1015. The Saturdays - Issues
    1014. Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
    1013. Daughtry - What About Now
    1012. Melissa O'Neil - Alive
    1011. Bonnie McKee - American Girl
    1010. Rob Thomas - Little Wonders
    1009. Carly Simon - Showdown
    1008. Midnight Red - Miss Firestarter
    1007. The Weeknd - In The Night
    1006. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue February 12th, 2019, 05:59

67. JESSICA SIMPSON

Born: July 10, 1980, Abilene, TX, USA

At #67 we find one of the biggest artists of the late 90's-early 00's teen pop boom - Jessica Simpson! Her powerful voice was on display from the very beginning, as "I Wanna Love You Forever" proved, but it turned out to be upbeat pop songs like "I Think I'm In Love With You", "Irresistible" and "With You" that were her forte, as all of those were top 3 hits on my chart. However, for me, her shining moment came in 2006 where she did something that nobody else had done before - debut at #1 on my chart! "A Public Affair" resonated with me instantly and was able to become my first ever #1 debut - long before many core artists had a chance to! It ended up spending 6 weeks at #1 on my chart becoming her biggest hit for me. Following a brief foray into country music, she has mostly focused on her acting and fashion career over the past decade, though I hope a return to music isn't far off for her!

1. A Public Affair
    2. With You
    3. Irresistible
    4. I Think I'm In Love With You
    5. Take My Breath Away
    6. I Wanna Love You Forever
    7. I Belong To Me
    8. Angels
    9. A Little Bit
    10. Sweetest Sin

66. One of the biggest American stars worldwide... everywhere except the USA.

1005. Marina & the Diamonds - How To Be A Heartbreaker
    1004. Meghan Trainor - No Excuses
    1003. Celine Dion - Thankful
    1002. Toni Braxton & Babyface - Hurt You
    1001. Hoobastank - So Close, So Far
    1000. Carly Rae Jepsen - Curiosity
    999. Artists Against Bullying - True Colors
    998. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    997. Alyssa Reid - Tomorrow
    996. Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt
    995. Adele - I Miss You
    994. Celine Dion - Loved Me Back To Life
    993. Kim Petras - Heart To Break
    992. Toni Braxton - Long As I Live
    991. Our Lady Peace - Won't Turn Back

So here we have the debut single from Kim Petras, who I feel may have more hits to come as she's just getting started, and an anti-bullying charity single from an ensemble of Canadian artists, a Cyndi Lauper cover recorded in response to the highly publicized suicide of Amanda Todd. We also have a pair of songs each from Toni Braxton - one of which reunited her with her mentor Babyface - and Celine Dion - both of which came from her "Loved Me Back To Life" album. Meghan Trainor's recent hit has "no excuses" to not make the list, and the late Amy Winehouse goes "Back To Black". Marina, who recently dropped "and the Diamonds" from her stage name, gives us lessons on "how to be a heartbreaker", while Adele professes "I Miss You". "Curiosity" got the best of Carly Rae Jepsen as she kicks off the top 100, while Maroon 5's likely final #1 on my chart, "This Summer's Gonna Hurt" also appears. Alyssa Reid has one of her many appearances with "Tomorrow" and fellow Canadians Our Lady Peace also appear with their 2014 single "Won't Turn Back". Finally, by sheer coincidence... Hoobastank's appropriately "So Close, So Far", as said single just barely misses the top 1000!

Legend
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue February 12th, 2019, 08:00

I actually like "M.I.L.F. $". The E.N.D. era was definitely one where BEP were overexposed, but it also produced my all-time favourite song from them - "Meet Me Halfway".

I've only recently discovered Lenny Kravitz's music, and I'm definitely enjoying (slowly but surely) exploring his catalogue. He's a big talent, and I love his unique sound.

In Chester, Linkin Park had one of the greatest male vocalists ever at their helm. They were pretty hit or miss with me, but they have some incredible songs to their name ("New Divide", "What I've Done", and "Numb" being the first three to come to mind). I've never been a big rock fan, but they made the genre accessible for me. Imagine Dragons have done the same for me! "Demons" and "Whatever I've Done" are brilliant, and the latter is actually quite Linkin Park-esque now that I think about it.

Sometimes I feel like Ed Sheeran's music is soulless, but I liked a lot of his recent ÷ output.

What a brutal write-up for MC! I may be slightly biased considering that she's my all-time favourite artist, but I disagree that she's been "ruined". 28+ years into her career, she's clearly had highlights and lowlights, but what impresses me to this day is her songwriting. Caution proved to me that she still has it. Did you hear "Portrait" from the LP? I think you might appreciate that one.

Leona Lewis is a tremendous talent. She's clearly a graduate of MC University, but is a fine vocalist in her own right. "Bleeding Love" will forever be one of my all-time favourite songs. I'll never forget that Spirit
    era. 2008 was such an incredible year in music.

I like a few John Mayer songs.

A case can be made for Carrie Underwood being the greatest country artist of all-time. She always had that phenomenal, pitch-perfect voice, but I appreciate that in recent years she's increased the depth of her songwriting. Cry Pretty was a step back in that department, but the vocals never fail to impress.

I don't like JT much as a person, but there's no denying that he has some fantastic songs.

1330. Kelly Clarkson feat. John Legend - Run Run Run
    1327. Kelly Clarkson - Meaning Of Life
    1317. Kanye West - Love Lockdown
    1316. Troye Sivan - Youth
    1315. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
    1307. Kanye West - Stronger
    1306. Maroon 5 - Harder To Breathe

1304. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
    1298. Leona Lewis - Forgive Me
    1291. Kelly Clarkson - Never Enough
    1290. Tove Lo - Moments
    1287. Janet Jackson feat. Carly Simon - Son Of A Gun
    1281. Mika - We Are Golden
    1279. Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers
    1277. Britney Spears - I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    1273. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
    1269. Lady GaGa feat. Bradley Cooper - Shallow
    1266. Daughtry - Life After You

1257. Eminem - When I'm Gone
    1253. Lorde - Green Light
    1252. Chris Brown - With You
    1239. Jason Derulo - In My Head
    1237. Kanye West - All Falls Down
    1235. Celine Dion - I Drove All Night
    1232. Beyoncé & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
    1230. David Guetta feat. Usher - Without You
    1229. Green Day - Back In The USA
    1228. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
    1224. Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell - Blurred Lines
    1223. Leona Lewis - I Will Be
    1216. Beyoncé - If I Were A Boy

1213. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
    1206. Shawn Mendes - Lost In Japan
    1202. Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
    1196. Kylie Minogue - Timebomb
    1192. Lindsay Lohan - Confessions Of A Broken Heart

1183. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Naturally
    1182. Madonna - Sorry
    1181. Katy Perry - Hummingbird Heartbeat
    1172. Ariana Grande feat. The Weeknd - Love Me Harder
    1171. Kacey Musgraves - High Horse
    1163. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like A Love Song
    1161. Janelle Monae - Make Me Feel

1154. Passenger - Let Her Go
    1152. Rita Ora - Anywhere
    1150. Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
    1138. 'N Sync - Gone
    1134. Taylor Swift - Delicate
    1132. Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger - Let Me Go
    1127. Anastacia - Welcome To My Truth
    1126. Leona Lewis - I See You

1124. Nelly Furtado - Maneater
    1123. Aaliyah - More Than A Woman
    1121. Taylor Swift - All You Had To Do Was Stay
    1120. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
    1119. Tina Turner - When The Heartache Is Over
    1115. Paramore - Still Into You
    1113. Rihanna - Rehab
    1106. Pink - God Is A DJ
    1104. Sarah McLachlan - Angel
    1102. Britney Spears - Overprotected
    1100. Fuel - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)
    1098. Niall Horan - On The Loose
    1097. Mary J. Blige - No More Drama

1095. 50 Cent - In Da Club
    1085. Robbie Williams - Angels
    1083. Britney Spears - I Wanna Go1078. The Saturdays - Disco Love
    1069. Danity Kane - Damaged
    1067. Shakira - Empire

1062. Britney Spears - From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
    1059. Katy Perry - The One That Got Away
    1052. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
    1047. Christina Aguilera - Your Body
    1046. Coldplay - Adventure Of A Lifetime
    1045. Kelly Clarkson - Low
    1044. Usher - U Remind Me
    1043. Blondie - Maria
    1040. Adele - Love In The Dark

1027. Jessie J feat. B.O.B. - Price Tag
    1025. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
    1020. My Chemical Romance - Sing
    1019. One Direction - Live While We're Young
    1013. Daughtry - What About Now
    1006. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

1005. Marina & the Diamonds - How To Be A Heartbreaker
    1000. Carly Rae Jepsen - Curiosity
    998. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black (absolutely one of my favourite songs of all-time)
    994. Celine Dion - Loved Me Back To Life
    992. Toni Braxton - Long As I Live
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [75-71]

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 13th, 2019, 04:40

66. ANASTACIA

Born September 17, 1968, Chicago, IL, USA

At #66 is a singer with a powerful voice who took the world by storm - Anastacia! Her debut album "Not That Kind" was an international success along with its lead single "I'm Outta Love", but her popularity increased with her next two albums "Freak Of Nature" and her self-titled. The latter was her most successful album overall for me with lead single "Left Outside Alone" proving her continued interest and becoming a long-running top 10 for me. Despite all this, she remains relatively unknown in the USA, where she is from. She has continued to chart for me over the years, and despite all these hits... she did not reach #1 for me until 2015 when "Take This Chance" finally gave her a well-deserved chart-topper, and it remains my favourite song from her to this day.

1. Take This Chance
    2. I'm Outta Love
    3. Left Outside Alone
    4. Everything Burns (with Ben Moody)
    5. Welcome To My Truth
    6. Sick And Tired
    7. Heavy On My Heart
    8. I Can Feel You
    9. Pieces Of A Dream
    10. Caught In The Middle

65. One of this generation's biggest R&B stars, he has also dabbled in EDM features.

990. Lenny Kravitz - Where Are We Runnin'
    989. Amber & Zelma Davis - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
    988. Taylor Swift - 22
    987. Natalie - Goin' Crazy
    986. Melissa O'Neil - Let It Go
    985. Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
    984. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
    983. Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
    982. Dido - White Flag
    981. Ashlee Simpson - Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)
    980. Beyoncé - Me, Myself & I
    979. Sheryl Crow - Anything But Down
    978. Creed - My Sacrifice
    977. Enrique Iglesias - Rhythm Divine
    976. Goo Goo Dolls - The Pin

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu February 14th, 2019, 06:06

65. USHER

Born October 14, 1978, Dallas, TX, USA

At #65 we find one of the biggest rhythmic superstars of the past quarter century... Usher! I enjoyed several singles from his album "My Way", especially "You Make Me Wanna". As my chart era started, we eventually got into my favourite era of his, "8701", which had two top 10's on my chart. While "Burn" did hit #1 for me, I did slightly burn out on him during the rest of the "Confessions" era which failed to generate any other top 20 hits for me though the rest of the singles did chart to varying degrees of success... and it wasn't until the 2010's when he was able to hit my top 10 again, thanks to EDM collaborations with artists such as David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia and Martin Garrix. He most recently charted with his version of the "Hamilton" song "Wait For It", along with two minor appearances from his most recent album "Hard II Love" and hopefully when he does come back, he'll deliver more memorable songs like his already impressive career has shown he can do!

1. Burn
    2. U Got It Bad
    3. U Remind Me
    4. Without You (with David Guetta)
    5. U Don't Have To Call
    6. Numb (with Swedish House Mafia)
    7. More
    8. Don't Look Down (with Martin Garrix)
    9. Rest Of My Life (with Ludacris & David Guetta)
    10. Yeah (with Ludacris & Lil' Jon)

64. A starlet who started in her teens with many songs I liked, but her recent output from the past few years has not been to my liking and I don't like her at all anymore.

975. Mary J. Blige feat. U2 - One
    974. Shania Twain feat. Mark McGrath - Party For Two
    973. Backstreet Boys - The Call
    972. Kate Voegele - Beg You To Fall
    971. Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
    970. Alanis Morissette - Unsent
    969. Harry Styles - Kiwi
    968. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
    967. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
    966. The Veronicas - Untouched
    965. The Fray - You Found Me
    964. No Doubt - It's My Life
    963. O.A.R. - Shattered (Turn The Car Around)
    962. Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
    961. Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 15th, 2019, 05:01

64. SELENA GOMEZ

Born July 22, 1992, Grand Prairie, TX, USA

At #64 we find former Disney Channel star Selena Gomez! She got her breakthrough starring in Wizards of Waverly Place, which led to her music career. Her debut album "Kiss And Tell" was released in 2009 and its single "Naturally" became her first top 10 hit on my chart. The hits continued over the following few years, with "Love You Like A Love Song" also doing very well. In 2013, her "Stars Dance" album was a big hit for me, and its lead single "Come And Get It", while showing a more grown-up style to her music, was my #1 song of 2013; follow-up single "Slow Down" was also a top 5 hit for me. However, following her Zedd collaboration "I Want You To Know", which was her final top 5 hit on my chart, my interest in her took a huge downturn, as she released many songs I didn't like at all; her whispery tones really got on my nerves, and as a result, "Good For You" failed to chart and the follow-ups also did very poorly. She has not charted since the spring of 2006, when her Charlie Puth collaboration was charting for me; songs like "Bad Liar" and "Fetish" really got on my nerves and are among my most hated of the entire decade. With such an awful track record lately, she continues to fail miserably for me, most recently with a collaboration that, given the combination of artists involved, seemed like it was tailor-made for me to absolutely hate it, "Taki Taki". It would take an absolute miracle for her to even have a chance at recovery for me at this point, given how much I have hated her over the past few years.

1. Come And Get It
    2. Hit The Lights
    3. Slow Down
    4. Love You Like A Love Song
    5. Naturally
    6. I Want You To Know (with Zedd)
    7. Round & Round
    8. A Year Without Rain
    9. The Heart Wants What It Wants
    10. Whiplash

63. Another former teen star who has shown great diversity in his sound over his career.

960. Howie Day - She Says
    959. Ed Kowalczyk - Grace
    958. My Darkest Days feat. Jessie James - Come Undone
    957. Janet Jackson - Feedback
    956. Avril Lavigne - Fall To Pieces
    955. Jason Derulo - Breathing
    954. Enya - My! My! Time Flies!
    953. The Saturdays - Higher
    952. Jordin Sparks - S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)
    951. Rob Thomas - Trust You
    950. Pink - Please Don't Leave Me
    949. Chantal Kreviazuk - In This Life
    948. 3 Doors Down - Be Like That
    947. Finger Eleven - I'll Keep Your Memory Vague
    946. Sugababes - Easy

So here we have the highest entries for chart mainstays Jason Derulo and Chantal Kreviazuk, as well as Canadian rockers My Darkest Days covering Duran Duran - their lead singer is now in Three Days Grace. We also have British girl groups The Saturdays and Sugababes, rock bands Finger Eleven and 3 Doors Down, Jordin Sparks redoing a Shannon classic, Live's lead singer (then on hiatus from his band) Ed Kowalczyk, Matchbox Twenty lead singer Rob Thomas, a very unconventional Enya song, singer-songwrter Howie Day, and three of the chart's most successful female artists ever - Avril Lavigne, Janet Jackson and Pink!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat February 16th, 2019, 08:27

63. JESSE MCCARTNEY

Born: April 9, 1987, Ardsley, NY, USA

At #63 we find one of the most eclectic male pop artists this century - Jesse McCartney! His debut album "Beautiful Soul" was fairly straightforward mid-2000's teen pop, and the single from that that really caught my attention was "Because You Live". The hits continued with "Right Where You Want Me" becoming his first top 10 on my chart. His next album, the appropriately-titled "Departure", featured a more mature sound, and the top 10 hit "It's Over" and his first #1 "How Do You Sleep" - all while sharing a writing credit on the massive Leona Lewis hit "Bleeding Love"! After taking a few years off figuring out his next career move while doing voiceover work for several animated projects, he came back in a big way with his 2014 album "In Technicolor", which had four top 20 hits on my chart, including the top 5 hit "Back Together" and his second #1 "Superbad"; the retro vibe to this era suited him very well and resulted in his biggest successes ever for me. He most recently charted for me last year with "Better With You", which reached my top 20.

1. How Do You Sleep
    2. Superbad
    3. Right Where You Want Me
    4. Back Together
    5. It's Over
    6. Young Love
    7. Better With You
    8. Tie The Knot
    9. Because You Live
    10. Punch Drunk Recreation

62. One of the biggest Latin divas ever.

945. The Ataris - Boys Of Summer
    944. Nina Nesbitt - Loyal To Me
    943. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
    942. Madonna - Die Another Day
    941. Natalie Imbruglia - Wrong Impression
    940. Royal Wood - Forever And Ever
    939. James Blunt - Wisemen
    938. Jonas Brothers - Burnin' Up
    937. Duran Duran - Girl Panic
    936. James Blunt - 1973
    935. Anna Nalick - Breathe (2 AM)
    934. Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water
    933. Daniel Powter - Jimmy Gets High
    932. Sixpence None The Richer - There She Goes
    931. All Saints - Pure Shores

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun February 17th, 2019, 04:56

62. SHAKIRA

Born February 2, 1977, Baranquilla, Colombia

At #62 is one of the biggest Latin superstars ever - Shakira! Originally from Colombia, she started out singing in Spanish, and in the early 2000's, started singing in English as well. The album "Laundry Service" turned out to be a huge success, scoring three top 10's on my chart, including her #1 classic "Whenever, Wherever". The "Oral Fixation" albums continued the success with "Hips Don't Lie" reaching #2 on my chart - despite being a huge international #1 hit. The hits continued on and off until the present, with 2014's "Empire" being her most recent top 10 for me. I feel she could still have some hits in her yet at this rate.

1. Whenever, Wherever
    2. Underneath Your Clothes
    3. Hips Don't Lie
    4. Objection (Tango)
    5. Don't Bother
    6. Illegal
    7. Empire
    8. Beautiful Liar
    9. Try Everything
    10. She-Wolf

61. A female-led group who has explored diverse styles - their lead singer has also had a successful solo career.

930. Hilary Duff - With Love
    929. Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
    928. Moby feat. Gwen Stefani - Southside
    927. Kylie Minogue - Wow
    926. Bon Jovi - Superman Tonight
    925. Shinedown - If You Only Knew
    924. 98 Degrees - Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)
    923. Taio Cruz feat. Kylie Minogue or Travie McCoy - Higher
    922. Gorillaz - 19-2000
    921. Pink - Most Girls
    920. Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
    919. Kate Voegele - Bad Bad Drug
    918. Cher - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    917. Hedley - Hello
    916. Lady GaGa - Marry The Night