Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 18th, 2019, 08:11

61. NO DOUBT

Anaheim, CA, USA (1986-present)

At #61 we have one of Orange County's biggest bands ever - No Doubt about that one! I first heard of No Doubt back in 1996 when they released "Just A Girl" - that and "Spiderwebs" were both among my favourites at the time. However, it really accelerated with the huge hit "Don't Speak" - that was one of my favourite songs of the entire 90's, and the entire "Tragic Kingdom" album was excellent. There was something about Gwen Stefani that I really liked during this time. The first era of theirs to chart in my chart's era was "Return Of Saturn", which gave "Simple Kind Of Life". However, the "Rock Steady" era was even bigger for me - three top 5 hits on my chart, quickly followed by "It's My Life" - a cover of the Talk Talk classic - which also made my top 5 and was a perfect addition to their greatest hits album. For some time after this, Gwen's solo career took the focus (and is still to come in the artists recap), but in 2012 they reunited for a comeback album "Push And Shove" - and its lead single, "Settle Down", was massive for me - it spent 5 weeks at #1 that summer and was my #6 song of the entire year. Gwen Stefani has since focused mostly on solo work, but hopefully we'll hear more from No Doubt sometime soon!

1. Settle Down
    2. Underneath It All
    3. Hey Baby
    4. Looking Hot
    5. Hella Good
    6. It's My Life
    7. Push & Shove
    8. Simple Kind Of Life
    9. Running
    10. Ex-Girlfriend

60. One of the biggest male stars right now - from Canada.

915. Ashlee Simpson - Little Miss Obsessive
    914. Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
    913. Kylie Minogue - Dancing
    912. Fefe Dobson - Everything
    911. Stef Lang - Indestructible
    910. Britney Spears - Stronger
    909. Simple Plan - When I'm Gone
    908. Kesha - Praying
    907. Pink - Family Portrait
    906. Foxygen - Follow The Leader
    905. Ne-Yo - Forever Now
    904. Nickelback - Never Gonna Be Alone
    903. Gwen Stefani - Now That You Got It
    902. Pink feat. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason
    901. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

So here, we have the only song by Foxygen to make my chart as well as the highest entry from Fefe Dobson. We also have Ne-Yo's highest solo entry though he does have a Celine Dion collaboration still to come. Aside from Kesha (which is her highest peaking song, but not the highest to appear in this list), all of the remaining artists have #1's to their credit still to come; Simple Plan has had 1 (and their song in this set got to #2), Kylie Minogue and Ashlee Simpson have had 2 each... all the way up to 14-time #1 artist Katy Perry and 19-time #1 artist Britney Spears! In between we have Stef Lang (now known as DYLN) who has three #1's, 3-time #1 group Nickelback and 7-time #1 Pink with two songs that made my top 10 but had longevity. And we just revealed No Doubt in the artists list, now here's Gwen with one of her more obscure solo hits... yet was still a top 10 hit for me!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue February 19th, 2019, 06:41

60. SHAWN MENDES

Born August 8, 1998, Toronto, ON, Canada

Here is the youngest artist in the top 100 - he's only 20 years old but has already had an impressive output! His debut album "Handwritten" was a huge smash as "Something Big" became his breakthrough top 10 hit on my chart, followed by an also impressive run for "Stitches". The "Illuminate" era continued the top 10 hits with three more, but it wasn't until his third, self-titled album came out that this teen idol showed a new maturity in his sound and songwriting; indeed, its lead single "In My Blood" was his first #1 on my chart, and follow-ups "Nervous" and "Lost In Japan" also did well. The future is looking bright for this young Canadian star - he's nowhere near done yet!

1. In My Blood
    2. Mercy
    3. Lost In Japan
    4. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
    5. Treat You Better
    6. Something Big
    7. Nervous
    8. Stitches
    9. I Know What You Did Last Summer
    10. Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) (with The Vamps)

59. One of the biggest country crossover singers of all time.

900. Taylor Swift - The Story Of Us
    899. Kreesha Turner - Love Again
    898. Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive
    897. Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie - In My World
    896. Nick Jonas - Jealous
    895. Roz Bell - Yesterday Man
    894. Jessie James - Wanted
    893. Emma Bunton - Maybe
    892. Destiny's Child feat. T.I. & Lil' Wayne - Soldier
    891. Cher Lloyd - Want U Back
    890. Barenaked Ladies - Another Postcard
    889. Avicii feat. Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother
    888. Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly
    887. Bon Jovi - Misunderstood
    886. Michelle Treacy - Armageddon

So here we have the highest appearances for Canadians Kreesha Turner and Roz Bell, country-pop siren Jessie James Decker, Fleetwood Mac duo Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, Baby Spice Emma Bunton and the legendary rockers, the Foo Fighters! We also have the debut single from Ottawa's Michelle Treacy, Nick Jonas's solo breakthrough, a Destiny's Child song featuring random rappers, Avicii gone EDM-country collaboration, Cher Lloyd's international breakthrough with the infectuous "Want U Back", a humourous anecdote about chimpanzees from the Barenaked Ladies, and chart mainstays Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Bon Jovi!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 20th, 2019, 06:52

59. SHANIA TWAIN

Born August 28, 1965, Windsor, ON, Canada

At #59 is one of Canada's finest exports - the legendary Shania Twain! I'm not a big country fan overall, but she is one I've generally enjoyed. She broke through in 1995 with her classic album "The Woman In Me", but it was the follow-up album "Come On Over" that really broke records and became one of the biggest selling female albums of all time, and gave her much crossover success. Its success spilled into my chart's era, with "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" both making my top 5. Naturally, anticipation was high for her eventual follow-up album "Up!", which was loaded with hits on my chart, including the #1 hit "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" While she has mostly kept a low profile following the release of her greatest hits album, she did come back a few years back with her "Now" album, which generated a few chart hits for me.

1. That Don't Impress Me Much
    2. I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
    3. Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
    4. Party For Two
    5. Forever And For Always
    6. From This Moment On
    7. When
    8. It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
    9. You've Got A Way
    10. Up!

58. A critically acclaimed soul diva.

885. Michael Jackson feat. Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good
    884. Goo Goo Dolls - Notbroken
    883. Switchfoot - I Won't Let You Go
    882. Shakira feat. Santana - Illegal
    881. Austin Mahone - Dirty Work
    880. Maroon 5 - One More Night
    879. Nelly - Ride Wit Me
    878. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    877. Jason Mraz - Wordplay
    876. Geri Halliwell - Look At Me
    875. Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This
    874. Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo - Hate That I Love You
    873. Shakira - Don't Bother
    872. Switchfoot - Dare You To Move
    871. Elise Estrada - Unlove You

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu February 21st, 2019, 06:56

58. ALICIA KEYS

Born January 25, 1981, New York, NY, USA

At #58 we find one of the biggest soul stars of the 21st century... Alicia Keys! Her blend of piano playing and a distinctive, emotional voice really catapulted her to superstardom back in 2001 and her album "Songs In A Minor" and lead single "Fallin'", to date her only #1 on my chart, were instant smashes. The success continued with albums such as "The Diary Of Alicia Keys" and "As I Am", the latter spawning her biggest hit since her debut era, "No One", which was a long-running top 5 hit on my chart. The hits have continued sporadically ever since, with two more songs reaching my top 10 in 2016; "In Common", in particular, reached #2 for me.

1. Fallin'
    2. No One
    3. Gangsta Lovin' (with Eve)
    4. In Common
    5. You Don't Know My Name
    6. Like You'll Never See Me Again
    7. Blended Family (What You Do For Love)
    8. A Woman's Worth
    9. Karma
    10. If I Ain't Got You

57. The biggest boyband of the 2010's.

870. The New Cities - Dead End Countdown
    869. One Direction - Perfect
    868. Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
    867. Rihanna - Pon De Replay
    866. Lady GaGa - Million Reasons
    865. Owl City - Fireflies
    864. Madonna - Music
    863. Fefe Dobson - Stuttering
    862. Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida - Troublemaker
    861. Sugababes - Ugly
    860. Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Apologize
    859. Sugababes - Change
    858. Natasha Bedingfield - Strip Me
    857. Adele - Skyfall
    856. Plumb - Need You Now (How Many Times)

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 22nd, 2019, 09:13

57. ONE DIRECTION

London, UK (2010-2016; on hiatus; all solo members still active)

If there was any act who defined 2010's heartthrobs, it has to be One Direction! The five-man British boyband got their start when they appeared on the X Factor, and their success came very quickly; due to longevity from its initial UK release and holding on while it crossed the pond, their first two singles to chart for me - "What Makes You Beautiful" (due to longevity, their best charter - barely, by only 0.4%!) and "One Thing" - were top 5 simultaneously. For the following few years, they released one album per year; over this time, "Live While We're Young", "You And I" and "Night Changes" all topped my chart, and "Perfect" made the top five. This worldwide success was unprecedented for a European boyband, as they usually either failed to catch on stateside, or became a one hit wonder; 1D defied all this in such a short period of time! In 2016, they started their hiatus, during which time their members embarked on solo projects to mixed success. So far, Harry Styles has, as expected, done the best, with three top 5 hits including the massive #1 "Sign Of The Times", which was my #3 song of 2017. Niall Horan has reached my top 10 three times so far, including the #1 "Too Much To Ask". Zayn Malik had a top 10 with "Like I Would", Liam Payne had a top 10 with "For You", and Louis Tomlinson narrowly missed my top 10 with "Miss You".

1. What Makes You Beautiful
    2. You And I
    3. Night Changes
    4. One Thing
    5. Perfect
    6. Live While We're Young
    7. Best Song Ever
    8. Steal My Girl
    9. Drag Me Down
    10. Kiss You

56. Another British group - the highest ranked act to never have a #1 on my chart.

855. Backstreet Boys - More Than That
    854. Jewel - Standing Still
    853. Professor Green feat. Emeli Sande - Read All About It
    852. Chris Wallace - Remember When (Push Rewind)
    851. Jacquie Lee - Tears Fall
    850. Timbaland feat. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again
    849. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
    848. Weezer - Africa
    847. Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon
    846. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
    845. Rob Thomas - Pieces
    844. Shakira - Objection (Tango)
    843. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
    842. Flipsyde - When It Was Good
    841. Camryn - Lovesick

Here we have the highest entries for British stars Professor Green and Emeli Sande, White Tie Affair frontman Chris Wallace, teen stars Jacquie Lee and Camryn (the latter was 14 when she hit my top 10!), Timbaland as a lead artist, Weezer with their viral Toto cover, Scottish alt-rockers Franz Ferdinand, and alternative hip hop/dance group Flipsyde! We also have Taylor Swift's buzzworthy "Reputation" lead single, and chart mainstays such as the Backstreet Boys, Jewel, Katy Perry, the Goo Goo Dolls, Rob Thomas, Shakira, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat February 23rd, 2019, 06:44

56. COLDPLAY

London, UK (1996-present)

At #56 are the reigning kings of British alternative rock - Coldplay! They broke through at the start of the millennium with their debut album "Parachutes"; its single "Yellow" made my top 10. Their next album, "A Rush Of Blood To The Head", was even more successful, and spawned their biggest hit ever on my chart - their #2 hit "Clocks". To date, they are the most successul act in my chart's history without a #1 song; they have had several top 10's over the years, from "Speed Of Sound" and "Viva La Vida" to "Atlas" and "Adventure Of A Lifetime", and most recently, their Chainsmokers collaboration "Something Just Like This". Overall, their success has continued over such a long period of time, and despite a few down points, they have always bounced back again.

1. Clocks
    2. Speed Of Sound
    3. Yellow
    4. Adventure Of A Lifetime
    5. Something Just Like This (with The Chainsmokers)
    6. In My Place
    7. Viva La Vida
    8. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
    9. Fix You
    10. Atlas

55. My third-favourite act to come from American Idol.

840. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
    839. Kelly Clarkson - Move You
    838. Blaque - Bring It All To Me
    837. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    836. Nelly - Country Grammar
    835. Jessica Simpson - Take My Breath Away
    834. Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
    833. No Doubt - Hella Good
    832. Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
    831. Rod Stewart - Way Back Home
    830. Lifehouse - All In
    829. Elliott Yamin - Wait For You
    828. John Morris - Mercy
    827. Kate Voegele - I Get It
    826. Matchbox Twenty - Disease

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon February 25th, 2019, 08:54

55. DAVID COOK

Born December 20, 1982, Houston, TX, USA

At #55, we have American Idol's season 7 winner... David Cook! He is my third favourite artist to date to come from American Idol (only Kelly Clarkson and Daughtry rank higher), and also the closest in age to myself in the list, as he is only eight days older than me! His coronation single "The Time Of My Life" was a minor hit for me, but it was "Light On" that really caught on for me - it was a #1 hit on my chart, his first of three so far, and remains his biggest hit to date for me. However, despite enjoying his debut album, I actually liked his second album "This Loud Morning" more - "The Last Goodbye" was in my top 10 of 2011 and "Fade Into Me" was a #1. His most recent #1 came from the "Digital Vein" album - "Broken Windows".

1. Light On
    2. The Last Goodbye
    3. Fade Into Me
    4. Criminals
    5. Broken Windows
    6. Wait For Me
    7. Laying Me Low
    8. Come Back To Me
    9. Gimme Heartbreak
    10. Goodbye To The Girl

54. SHERYL CROW

Born: February 11, 1962, Kennett, MO, USA

Now here's a legend of music - she started out singing background vocals for artists such as Michael Jackson! On the side, she wrote her own songs - and those songs ended up becoming her debut album "Tuesday Night Music Club". While my two favourite albums from her - this one, and her 1996 self-titled, pre-date my chart - her third album "The Globe Sessions" did continue to hit in my chart era as "Anything But Down" became her first eligible top 10. The hits continued into the 2000's with top 5 hits like "Soak Up The Sun" and her Kid Rock collaboration "Picture", two new top 10's from her greatest hits album, including a cover of "The First Cut Is The Deepest", but after 2005's "Good Is Good", she struggled to get another big hit on my chart with mostly minor chart appearances... until last year. Her Annie Clark collaboration "Wouldn't Want To Be Like You" was a much-overdue return to form - so much so that she finally got her first ever #1 on my chart!

1. Soak Up The Sun
    2. Picture (with Kid Rock)
    3. Wouldn't Want To Be Like You
    4. Good Is Good
    5. Anything But Down
    6. Light In Your Eyes
    7. The First Cut Is The Deepest
    8. Halfway There
    9. Always On Your Side (with Sting)
    10. Steve McQueen

53. A group featuring a member who has already appeared in the list as a solo artist.

825. Def Leppard - Let's Go
    824. Britney Spears - Perfume
    823. Coldplay - Yellow
    822. The Corrs - Breathless
    821. Ashanti - Foolish
    820. Nickelback - Too Bad
    819. Seether - Careless Whisper
    818. Alicia Keys - In Common
    817. Vertical Horizon - You're A God
    816. Hedley - Kiss You Inside Out
    815. Filter - Take A Picture
    814. U2 & Green Day - The Saints Are Coming
    813. Lady GaGa - Bad Romance
    812. Shinedown - Second Chance
    811. Vanessa Carlton - Ordinary Day
    810. John Rzeznik - I'm Still Here
    809. Faber Drive - G-Get Up And Dance!
    808. Ariana Grande - One Last Time
    807. Ben Moody feat. Anastacia - Everything Burns
    806. Britney Spears - Ooh La La
    805. Bryan Adams - Cloud Number 9
    804. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
    803. Christina Aguilera - Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)
    802. Sum 41 - With Me
    801. Savage Garden - The Animal Song
    800. Backstreet Boys - All I Have To Give
    799. LFO - Every Other Time
    798. Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U
    797. Robbie Williams - Run It Wild
    796. Ryan Cabrera - I See Love

Legend
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 27th, 2019, 02:49

Anastacia is such a powerhouse vocalist. I think she has one of the greatest voices of all-time. "Left Outside Alone" is brilliant, but "One Day in Your Life" is my favourite song from her.

Usher is one of my favourite artists of all-time. He has such a gorgeous voice, and, of course, he's one of the greatest dancers ever.

I really loved Selena's work with the Scene. Since then, she's been hit and miss for me. She still has it in her to come through with a bop, though.

I really like "Tie the Knot", and I think you were the one that introduced me to it! Shakira has some classics under her belt!

Shania is certainly a legend. Not sure I'm keen on her political views, but the queen of country-pop music and exclamation marks will always be a music favourite of mine! Similarly, Alicia Keys is a legend in soul/R&B music already, with a distinct style. I actually think "In Common" is the best thing she's ever done. 1D are my favourite boy band of all-time!

It took me years to see the fuss over Coldplay, but some of their songs have become all-time faves of mine. I'll never forget how much I loved "Permanent" from David Cook. So much emotion!

988. Taylor Swift - 22
    985. Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
    984. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
    982. Dido - White Flag
    980. Beyoncé - Me, Myself & I

975. Mary J. Blige feat. U2 - One
    971. Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
    969. Harry Styles - Kiwi
    968. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
    967. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
    965. The Fray - You Found Me

957. Janet Jackson - Feedback
    955. Jason Derulo - Breathing
    953. The Saturdays - Higher
    952. Jordin Sparks - S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)
    950. Pink - Please Don't Leave Me

942. Madonna - Die Another Day
    938. Jonas Brothers - Burnin' Up
    934. Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

930. Hilary Duff - With Love
    927. Kylie Minogue - Wow
    926. Bon Jovi - Superman Tonight
    921. Pink - Most Girls
    920. Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
    918. Cher - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    916. Lady GaGa - Marry The Night

914. Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes
    913. Kylie Minogue - Dancing
    910. Britney Spears - Stronger
    908. Kesha - Praying
    907. Pink - Family Portrait
    902. Pink feat. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason
    901. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

900. Taylor Swift - The Story Of Us
    898. Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive
    896. Nick Jonas - Jealous
    892. Destiny's Child feat. T.I. & Lil' Wayne - Soldier
    891. Cher Lloyd - Want U Back
    889. Avicii feat. Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother

885. Michael Jackson feat. Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good
    883. Switchfoot - I Won't Let You Go
    881. Austin Mahone - Dirty Work
    880. Maroon 5 - One More Night
    878. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    877. Jason Mraz - Wordplay
    875. Paloma Faith - Only Love Can Hurt Like This
    874. Rihanna feat. Ne-Yo - Hate That I Love You

869. One Direction - Perfect
    868. Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
    867. Rihanna - Pon De Replay
    866. Lady GaGa - Million Reasons
    865. Owl City - Fireflies
    864. Madonna - Music
    862. Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida - Troublemaker
    860. Timbaland feat. OneRepublic - Apologize
    858. Natasha Bedingfield - Strip Me
    857. Adele - Skyfall

853. Professor Green feat. Emeli Sande - Read All About It
    849. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
    844. Shakira - Objection (Tango)

840. Ariana Grande - Breathin'
    839. Kelly Clarkson - Move You
    837. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
    832. Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
    829. Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

824. Britney Spears - Perfume
    821. Ashanti - Foolish
    818. Alicia Keys - In Common
    813. Lady GaGa - Bad Romance
    808. Ariana Grande - One Last Time
    806. Britney Spears - Ooh La La
    804. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
    803. Christina Aguilera - Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)
    800. Backstreet Boys - All I Have To Give
    798. Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [75-71]

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 27th, 2019, 03:25

53. 'N SYNC

Orlando, FL, USA (1995-2002)

At #53 we have one of the most predominant boybands of the late 90's and early 2000's - 'N Sync! With their catchy pop songs and distinctive personalities, they took the world by storm with "I Want You Back", and the hits continued into my chart's era, including a collaboration with Gloria Estefan, "Music Of My Heart". They had no sophomore slump, as "No Strings Attached" was even bigger, setting first week sales records, and a record on my chart as well as "Bye Bye Bye" was the first song ever to spend 7 weeks at #1 on my chart! They quickly followed that with another #1 that became a meme that rolls back around every April 30th, "It's Gonna Be Me", and the top 5 Richard Marx-written ballad "This I Promise You". The "Celebrity" album, which was the last album they recorded together, further evolved their sound and was the launchpad to an extremely successful solo career for Justin Timberlake. These days, they're probably better known as that boy band that Justin was in. However, back in 2014, upon the release of an unexpected greatest hits compilation, they actually made a brief resurgence on my chart as the rare track "Are You Gonna Be There" became a top 20 hit on my chart, fueled by the nostalgia their music brings me!

1. Bye Bye Bye
    2. It's Gonna Be Me
    3. Pop
    4. This I Promise You
    5. Gone
    6. God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You
    7. Are You Gonna Be There
    8. Girlfriend
    9. Music Of My Heart
    10. I Drive Myself Crazy

52. Canadian band who started out pop punk.

795. Smash Mouth - I'm A Believer
    794. Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
    793. Colbie Caillat - Try
    792. Craig David - Walking Away
    791. Kate Voegele - Burning The Harbor
    790. Puddle Of Mudd - She Hates Me
    789. Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
    788. Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
    787. Hinder - Better Than Me
    786. Spice Girls - Goodbye
    785. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
    784. Will Smith - Will 2K
    783. Marie-Mai - Do You
    782. Delta Goodrem - A Little Too Late
    781. Alessia Cara - Wild Things

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 27th, 2019, 17:29

52. MARIANAS TRENCH

Vancouver, BC, Canada (2001-present)

At #52 we find one of Canada's hardest working bands... Marianas Trench! While they were active beforehand, it was their "Masterpiece Theatre" album that really caught my attention, initially because of lead single "Cross My Heart". Then the ballad "Beside You" became their first top 10. Then, as predictably as can be, the highlight on the album was a collaboration with none other than Kate Voegele, "Good To You"! It spent 7 weeks at #1 on my chart and became their biggest hit for me. The success continued to varying degrees over the next few years, and while five singles from "Ever After" charted, none made my top 10, though "Fallout" came close. They hit another wave of success for me, by parodying basically every big pop hit of its era in the satire song "Pop 101"! It was a five-week #1 for me. Songs like "One Love" and "Rhythm Of Your Heart" have since reached my top 10, and their new album "Phantoms" comes out this week, I'm hoping for more hit songs that will catch on for me on there!

1. Good To You (with Kate Voegele)
    2. Pop 101
    3. One Love
    4. Beside You
    5. Here's To The Zeros
    6. Fallout
    7. Rhythm Of Your Heart
    8. Haven't Had Enough
    9. Cross My Heart
    10. Who Do You Love

51. The second of two members of the same family to appear in this list.

780. Sheryl Crow - Good Is Good
    779. Eminem - Mockingbird
    778. Apocalyptica feat. Adam Gontier - I Don't Care
    777. Taylor Swift - Style
    776. Travis - Closer
    775. Kate Voegele - Leave Me Hollywood
    774. Elton John - Looking Up
    773. Rihanna feat. Jay-Z - Umbrella
    772. Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
    771. Michelle Treacy - Colours
    770. Mya - Case Of The Ex
    769. Pearl Jam - World Wide Suicide
    768. Lady GaGa - The Cure
    767. The Vamps feat. Demi Lovato - Somebody To You
    766. Gavin DeGraw - Chariot

So here we have the highest entries from 90's Scottish alternative rockers Travis, boyband The Vamps (helped by chart mainstay Demi Lovato who has many more to come), Canadian up and coming pop girl Michelle Treacy, and two acts that would've been higher if songs from before my chart's existence were taken into account - grunge rockers Pearl Jam and the legendary Sir Elton John! We also have a relatively obscure Lady GaGa single from a couple years back, Apocalyptica teaming up with former Three Days Grace/current Saint Asonia lead singer Adam Gontier, Mya's biggest solo hit, and an early Gavin DeGraw single. Chart mainstays such as Kate Voegele, Taylor Swift, Eminem and Sheryl Crow all appear here, as well as two of the biggest "real world" chart hits of my chart's era... Rihanna's "Umbrella" and Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars's "Uptown Funk"!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 03:44

51. ASHLEE SIMPSON

At #51 is the younger sister of Jessica Simpson who came into her own as a distinct artist - Ashlee Simpson! In 2004, her "Autobiography" album was an instant hit for me, scoring three top 10 hits. This continued with her follow-up album "I Am Me", which has given her two #1's for me - "Boyfriend" and the then-record holder for most weeks in the top 10, "L.O.V.E." Her "Bittersweet World" album would also give two more top 10 hits. Most recently she has released several new songs with husband Evan Ross.

1. L.O.V.E.
    2. Pieces Of Me
    3. Boyfriend
    4. Little Miss Obsessive
    5. Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya)
    6. La La
    7. Shadow
    8. Boys
    9. Invisible
    10. Bat For A Heart

50. EVANESCENCE

At #50 is a band whose soaring vocals by Amy Lee contrasted well with hard rock riffs - Evanescence! Their debut album "Fallen" was one of my favourites of all time, and its lead single "Bring Me To Life" was a perfect introduction for them, becoming a three-week #1 and my #2 song of 2003. "My Immortal", one of my initial favourites on this album, was also a huge #1 for me. They tend to take long breaks between albums and a lot of this is due to member turmoil; indeed, Amy Lee is the only consistent member who has stayed with them for their entire existence together! "The Open Door" came out in 2006 and there was no sophomore slump at all - "Call Me When You're Sober" was a quick #1 for me. Their 2011 self-titled album continued the hits, with two top 10's, and their most recent album "Synthesis" came out in 2017.

1. Bring Me To Life
    2. My Immortal
    3. Call Me When You're Sober
    4. Lithium
    5. My Heart Is Broken
    6. What You Want
    7. Going Under
    8. Missing
    9. Everybody's Fool
    10. Sweet Sacrifice

765. Gwen Stefani - Cool
    764. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
    763. The Script - If You Ever Come Back
    762. Kate Voegele - Impatient Girl
    761. Sara Bareilles - Brave
    760. Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
    759. Lady GaGa - Poker Face
    758. No Doubt - Looking Hot
    757. Anggun - Only Love
    756. Carrie Underwood - There's A Place For Us
    755. The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
    754. Jesse McCartney - Right Where You Want Me
    753. Jewel - Intuition
    752. Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body
    751. Elise Estrada - U Don't Need To Know
    750. Kelis - Milkshake
    749. Pink - U + Ur Hand
    748. Kate Voegele - Lift Me Up
    747. Goo Goo Dolls - Here Is Gone
    746. Anastacia - Left Outside Alone
    745. Green Day - 21 Guns
    744. Kelly Clarkson - American Woman
    743. Emmalyn Estrada - Get Down
    742. Bran Van 3000 feat. Curtis Mayfield - Astounded
    741. Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu
    740. Ryan Star - Breathe
    739. Hoobastank - Running Away
    738. Kate Voegele - I Won't Disagree
    737. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
    736. Kelly Clarkson & Aloe Blacc - Love Goes On

49. BEYONCÉ

Born September 4, 1981, Houston, TX, USA

Beyoncé Knowles broke through as part of Destiny's Child, who are still to come in the artists list. After a few one-off appearances on soundtracks and on future husband Jay-Z's "'03 Bonnie & Clyde", she broke through solo in a big way with the classic booty-shaker "Crazy In Love", which was a #1 hit on my chart. Her first three solo albums, overall, were quite successful for me and songs like "Irreplaceable" (a #1 hit that was her best performing song for me), "If I Were A Boy" and "Halo" were all big top 5 hits. In the 2010's, she became more inconsistent for me - alas, for every "Love On Top" or her last top 10 for me "XO" (from the self-titled album whose release without any advance warning revolutionized album rollouts), there were songs I absolutely hated like "Diva", "Run The World (Girls)", "7/11", "Formation" and "Apeshit". As neither "Lemonade" nor "Everything Is Love" had a single song even make my chart at all, it would take a miracle for her to get another big hit like she had in the past.

1. Irreplaceable
    2. Crazy In Love
    3. Telephone (with Lady Gaga)
    4. Naughty Girl
    5. '03 Bonnie & Clyde (with Jay-Z)
    6. Halo
    7. Me, Myself & I
    8. If I Were A Boy
    9. Beautiful Liar (with Shakira)
    10. XO

48. BRUNO MARS

Born October 8, 1985, Honolulu, HI, USA

1. Treasure
    2. Finesse
    3. That's What I Like
    4. Uptown Funk (with Mark Ronson)
    5. 24K Magic
    6. Versace On The Floor
    7. It Will Rain
    8. When I Was Your Man
    9. Young Girls
    10. Grenade

At #47 is one of the 2010's biggest male artists - Bruno Mars! After writing credits on other big hits and some high-profile features with artists like B.O.B. and Travie McCoy, he released his debut album "Doo-Wops And Hooligans", which generated a string of hits - however, it took his Twilight single "It Will Rain" to get a top 10 on my chart. On his follow-up album "Unorthodox Jukebox", he played up retro influence - songs like "Locked Out Of Heaven" and the #1 hit "Treasure" showed it in spades. This culminated in a timeless funk song, a collaboration with Mark Ronson, "Uptown Funk" which is one of the biggest overall hits of the 2010's and arguably Bruno's signature song. All this made me highly anticipate his "24K Magic" album - it certainly lived up to the promise; all of its first three singles reached #5, while the new jack swing song "Finesse" became his second #1 for me. He is currently charting with the Cardi B collaboration "Please Me"; I normally hate her but her collaborations with Bruno so far have been enjoyable listens for me. With all this, I anticipate how Bruno Mars's next album will be, hopefully he'll continue to draw from the retro sounds!

47. The most famous little sister in music!

735. Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B - Finesse
    734. BBMak - Back Here
    733. Girls Aloud - I'll Stand By You
    732. Britney Spears - 3
    731. Selena Gomez - Slow Down
    730. Cher Lloyd - Sirens
    729. Pink - You Make Me Sick
    728. Laura Pausini - Surrender
    727. Wave - Think It Over
    726. Backstreet Boys - In A World Like This
    725. Scorpions - We Built This House
    724. Samantha Jade - Soldier
    723. Christina Aguilera - I Turn To You
    722. Bon Jovi - Because We Can
    721. Kylie Minogue - Red Blooded Woman
    720. Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
    719. Demi Lovato - Confident
    718. Howie Day - Collide
    717. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
    716. Our Lady Peace - Innocent
    715. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes
    714. Sugababes - Hole In The Head
    713. Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost A Thing
    712. Ariana Grande - Into You
    711. Leona Lewis - Happy
    710. Alanis Morissette - Precious Illusions
    709. Sonique - It Feels So Good
    708. Marina & the Diamonds - Primadonna
    707. Ish feat. Stef Lang - Rollin'
    706. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 5th, 2019, 16:51

47. JANET JACKSON

Born May 16, 1966, Gary, IN, USA

At #47 we have the legendary Janet Jackson! Starting out in TV roles as a child actress, she started her own music career in the 1980's - and it was her third album "Control" that put her on the map with a streak of memorable hits and an attitude all her own. The "Rhythm Nation" album was her most successful commercially - indeed, with 8 top 5 hits, it was a rare album to accomplish that many hits! The "Janet" album is really when I started to take note of her and its singles remain among my favourites from her, and "The Velvet Rope", arguably her most personal album ever, continued my interest in her. Early in my chart's era, collaborations with artists such as Shaggy, Blackstreet and Busta Rhymes charted, and in 2000, her "Nutty Professor" soundtrack single "Doesn't Really Matter" made my top 5. The "All For You" album followed, showing she hadn't missed a step - its title track and "Someone To Call My Lover" were both #1's for me. In 2004 came the infamous Super Bowl nipple incident - this didn't hurt her for me as she was still able to chart a top 10 hit from every album since, with songs like "Just A Little While", "So Excited", "Feedback" and most recently "No Sleeep" all making my top 10. She most recently charted for me last year with "Made For Now", and I hope she will have more quality music to come in the future!

1. All For You
    2. Doesn't Really Matter
    3. Someone To Call My Lover
    4. Feedback
    5. So Excited
    6. Son Of A Gun
    7. No Sleeep
    8. Just A Little While
    9. All Nite (Don't Stop)
    10. Feel It Boy (with Beenie Man)

46. A young Canadian singer who recently took on a new identity.

705. Mika - Grace Kelly
    704. Ryan Cabrera - Enemies
    703. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Keep A Little Soul
    702. Eve feat. Alicia Keys - Gangsta Lovin'
    701. Calvin Harris feat. Haim - Pray To God
    700. Dream - This Is Me
    699. Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
    698. Beyoncé - Halo
    697. Andee - Sorries
    696. Apocalyptica feat. Brent Smith - Not Strong Enough
    695. Madonna - Hung Up
    694. Aerosmith feat. Carrie Underwood - Can't Stop Lovin' You
    693. Pink - Just Like A Pill
    692. Zedd feat. Hayley Williams - Stay The Night
    691. Bush feat. Gwen Stefani - Glycerine (Live)

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 6th, 2019, 06:56

46. STEF LANG

Born: December 30, 1988, Ladysmith, BC, Canada

At #46 we find Canadian singer-songwriter Stef Lang! Her biggest successes for me were in the early 2010's, when she released two hit albums, "The Underdog" and "Self"; the former containing hit singles such as "Mr. Immature" and the #1 "Slave2Love". In between, she had the "Fighting Mirrors" EP, which contained her biggest hit for me, "Paper Doll" which was a 3-week #1 and had immense longevity on my chart. Since then, she has released several EP's, which spawned a few other charting singles for me, and in the meantime appeared on rapper Ish's song "Rollin'", which reached #2 on my chart, but it was charity single "Stronger" that really resonated for me, reaching #1, becoming her third so far. Since 2017, she has recorded under the name DYLN and has so far released one EP under that name, "Chapter 1 - The Truth", as well as various singles.

1. Paper Doll
    2. Slave2Love
    3. Mr. Immature
    4. Stronger
    5. Rollin' (with Ish)
    6. Indestructible
    7. DNA
    8. Give It All To You
    9. Bullet Train
    10. Not Alright

45. Another famous "little sister" but one who has eclipsed her big brother's popularity.

690. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
    689. Britney Spears feat. Madonna - Me Against The Music
    688. Train - When I Look To The Sky
    687. Alanis Morissette - Eight Easy Steps
    686. Kate Voegele - Sun Will Rise
    685. Adele - Rolling In The Deep
    684. The Killers - Bones
    683. S Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True
    682. Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
    681. Simple Plan - Problem Child
    680. Default - Wasting My Time
    679. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
    678. Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart
    677. Ricky Martin - Shake Your Bon-Bon
    676. Rob Thomas - Her Diamonds

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 7th, 2019, 08:04

45. NATASHA BEDINGFIELD

Born: November 26, 1981, Haywards Heath, UK

At #45 is one of the UK's biggest female artists this century - Natasha Bedingfield! Her debut album "Unwritten" was a huge success with its title track reaching #1 for me and being her best chart performer overall, as well as "These Words" having a long chart run, both overall and in my top 10. Her second album "Pocketful Of Sunshine" was also successful, particularly the title track and "Angel", which became her second #1 for me. Her next album "Strip Me" was less successful but still managed a #2 song in its title track. Since then, while she has not released an album since 2010, she has appeared on singles by Simple Plan, Lifehouse and Rascal Flatts.

1. Unwritten
    2. These Words
    3. Pocketful Of Sunshine
    4. Jet Lag (with Simple Plan)
    5. Angel
    6. Strip Me
    7. Single
    8. Between The Raindrops (with Lifehouse)
    9. Soulmate
    10. Easy (with Rascal Flatts)

44. Singer-songwriter whose father produced one of the biggest albums of all time.

675. Depeche Mode - Suffer Well
    674. Jessica Simpson - I Think I'm In Love With You
    673. Kid Rock - Only God Knows Why
    672. Alex Band - Without You
    671. Lenny Kravitz - Again
    670. Madonna - American Pie
    669. Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker
    668. Blue October - Into The Ocean
    667. Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned
    666. Dave Matthews Band - The Space Between
    665. Coldplay - Speed Of Sound
    664. Smash Mouth - Then The Morning Comes
    663. Aerosmith - Jaded
    662. Enrique Iglesias - Hero
    661. Evanescence - Lithium

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 9th, 2019, 08:27

44. COLBIE CAILLAT

Born: May 28, 1985, Malibu, CA, USA

At #44 is the daughter of legendary producer Ken Caillat, most famous for producing the legendary Fleetwood Mac album "Rumours". Typical of the California singer-songwriter scene, she released a "Bubbly" debut single in 2007 and her debut album "Coco" was successful, but I realize that her next single "Realize" resonated even more, and I'm sure you realize why, because I realize it would bounce back from a moderately successful chart run, and I realize on its re-entry it would become her first #1 single. After a Jason Mraz duet on "Lucky", anticipation was high for her second album "Breakthrough", which had a top 10 "Fallin' For You" and her second #1 hit "I Never Told You", which was my #2 of 2010. After her next album "All Of You", she and Gavin DeGraw contributed a song to the soundtrack of "Safe Haven"; this duet "We Both Know", was a #1 hit for me. Her best chart performer came in early 2014 with "Hold On", and she followed this with a fifth #1, "Try". She most recently released "The Malibu Sessions" in 2016.

1. Hold On
    2. I Never Told You
    3. We Both Know
    4. Realize
    5. Try
    6. Lucky (with Jason Mraz)
    7. Fallin' For You
    8. Bubbly
    9. The Little Things
    10. Just Like That

43. GREEN DAY

Berkeley, CA, USA (1986-present)

These guys have been around for a long time and have shown no signs of stopping! The trio of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool broke through with their 1994 album "Dookie", and songs like "Basket Case" and "When I Come Around" were big favourites of mine at the time. In 1998, they had a huge crossover smash with the ballad "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)". Interest in these songs continued as my chart started, as "Minority", their first release during my chart era, was a top 10 hit hit for me in late 2000. However, it was their next album, the rock opera "American Idiot", that really cemented their status as rock legends; it had six charting songs, including the long-running #2 peaker "Wake Me Up When September Ends" - which peaked as September 2005 ended - and the #1 hit "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams", which was their best chart performer. Their next album "21st Century Breakdown" was successful too, with "21 Guns" reaching the runner-up spot. More recently, "Bang Bang" brought them back to the top with a bang, and "Back In The USA" was a great addition to their most recent greatest hits collection. I feel they're not done yet!

1. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
    2. Wake Me Up When September Ends
    3. Bang Bang
    4. 21 Guns
    5. The Saints Are Coming (with U2)
    6. Back In The USA
    7. Minority
    8. Jesus Of Suburbia
    9. Still Breathing
    10. Oh Love

42. A male singer-songwriter most popular in the mid-2000's.

660. Tori Amos - Sleeps With Butterflies
    659. Finger Eleven - One Thing
    658. Pink - Sober
    657. Katy B - Crying For No Reason
    656. Kelly Clarkson - Someone
    655. Victoria Duffield - Hate To Say It
    654. India.Arie - Video
    653. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Hit The Lights
    652. Mandy Moore - Cry
    651. Britney Spears - Piece Of Me
    650. Kelly Clarkson - I Do Not Hook Up
    649. Kelly Clarkson - Let Your Tears Fall
    648. JoJo - How To Touch A Girl
    647. Steven Tyler - (It) Feels So Good
    646. All-American Rejects - It Ends Tonight
    645. Incubus - Drive
    644. Andy Grammer - Smoke Clears
    643. Ariana Grande feat. Zedd - Break Free
    642. Katharine McPhee - Over It
    641. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
    640. Simple Plan - Your Love Is A Lie
    639. Daft Punk - One More Time
    638. Jennifer Lopez feat. LL Cool J - All I Have
    637. Weird Al Yankovic - Word Crimes
    636. Kate Voegele - Middle Of The Night Mind
    635. Bryan Adams - Ultimate Love
    634. Blessid Union Of Souls - Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)
    633. Jay-Z feat. Beyoncé - '03 Bonnie & Clyde
    632. Sugababes - Red Dress
    631. Ellie Goulding - Something In The Way You Move

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun March 10th, 2019, 06:44

42. RYAN CABRERA

Born July 18, 1982, Dallas, TX, USA

At #42 we find a singer-songwriter from Dallas with the distinctive spiky hairdo... Ryan Cabrera! He broke into music in 2004 with his debut album "Take It All Away", and with a strong label push, "On The Way Down" and "True" both were big hits, both reaching #1 on my chart. He's been in many high-profile relationships, including with Ashlee Simpson and Lisa of The Veronicas, but ultimately, the focus has been on his music. The second album "You Stand Watching" was also moderately successful, with "Shine On" reaching #2 for me. Two more top 10 hits followed from his third album "The Moon Under Water", his first independent release. In the 2010's, he's had several chart appearances released sporadically, with "Home", "I See Love" and "House On Fire" all reaching my top 10. Hopefully he will have more new music to come; additionally, he is one of the writers on Avril Lavigne's latest top 10 hit for me, "Tell Me It's Over".

1. True
    2. On The Way Down
    3. Shine On
    4. Home
    5. Enemies
    6. I See Love
    7. House On Fire
    8. 40 Kinds Of Sadness
    9. Photo
    10. Say

41. The first of two entries for one of my most successful artists ever; this is where he appears as lead singer of his band.

630. Alyssa Reid feat. P. Reign - Alone Again
    629. Eamon - F**k It (I Don't Want You Back)
    628. Cheap Trick - When I Wake Up Tomorrow
    627. Maroon 5 - Daylight
    626. John Mayer - Bigger Than My Body
    625. Emerson Hart - I Wish The Best For You
    624. Aaliyah - Try Again
    623. Paloma Faith - Guilty
    622. Live - Heaven
    621. Adam Lambert - If I Had You
    620. Robbie Williams - Feel
    619. Kelly Clarkson - Miss Independent
    618. Maggie Lindemann - Pretty Girl
    617. Simple Plan - Untitled
    616. Kesha - Tik Tok

So here we have the highest entries from foul-mouthed "ho-wop" singer Eamon, legendary rockers Cheap Trick, Tonic frontman Emerson Hart, late R&B diva Aaliyah, British blue-eyed soul sensation Paloma Faith, American alternative rockers from the 90's Live, "pretty girl" Maggie Lindemann, and Kesha back when she was Ke$ha! The other seven entries are from artists with more success on my chart, from Canadian stars Alyssa Reid (sampling a Heart classic) and Simple Plan's "untitled" ballad, Maroon 5 from their "Overexposed" album, singer-songwriter John Mayer, British star Robbie Williams, flamboyant American Idol contestant Adam Lambert, and one of my biggest core artists ever with an early hit - Kelly Clarkson with a crashout for her classic "Miss Independent"!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 12th, 2019, 04:58

41. MATCHBOX TWENTY

Orlando, FL, USA (1995-present)

At #41 we find one of the biggest bands of the 90's and beyond - Matchbox Twenty! They released their debut album "Yourself Or Someone Like You" in 1996 and broke through with a streak of hits the following year - alas, "Push", "3 AM" and "Real World" all pre-date my chart, though all would've been huge hits for me, so the first song to chart in my chart's era was that album's final single, the ballad "Back 2 Good". Rob Thomas's collaboration with Santana, "Smooth", kept them in the spotlight and helped their next album, "Mad Season", become another huge hit; "Bent" and "If You're Gone" were both big top 10 hits for me. In 2002 came "More Than You Think You Are", which gave them another 3 top 10's, including their best chart performer, "Bright Lights". Following a solo turn by Rob Thomas (still to come as a solo artist), they released a greatest hits, "Exile On Mainstream", which gave them another two top 10's. Their most recent album, "North", came out in 2012; its lead single "She's So Mean" got to #1. While Rob Thomas's solo career has been his priority most of the time, the band did tour for the 20th anniversary of their debut album in 2017, and hopefully will return with new music at some point!

1. Bright Lights
    2. If You're Gone
    3. She's So Mean
    4. Unwell
    5. Bent
    6. Disease
    7. Back 2 Good
    8. How Far We've Come
    9. These Hard Times
    10. Our Song

40. BARENAKED LADIES

Toronto, ON, Canada (1988-present)

At #40 we find one of the most humourous bands around - the Barenaked Ladies! One of Canada's finest, they started in the local Toronto music scene, where their name was met with ridicule, getting them banned from some major gigs! Despite this, they carried on, and their debut album "Gordon" was a huge success across Canada, featuring their early signature song "If I Had $1,000,000". The hits continued over the next few years, but it wasn't until their album "Stunt" and its lead single "One Week" when they broke through in the U.S. and international music markets, as it was a huge worldwide #1 hit. My chart started near the tail end of its chart run, and the first single to have its run within my chart's era was the top 10 hit "It's All Been Done". Their next album "Maroon" was also a success, spawning the #2 hit "Pinch Me". They are one band who, despite not being as commercially successful as they once were, I have maintained an interest in ever since; despite the departure of co-leader Steven Page, they continued to thrive, with the song addressing this, "You Run Away", becoming a #2 hit on my chart and their best chart performer. Their next album "Grinning Streak" was also a hit for me, with "Boomerang" and the song casting the band as a news crew reporting on the zombie apocalypse, "Odds Are", also hitting big for me. However, it wasn't until their most recent album, the cleverly punny titled "Fake Nudes" (appropriate given their band name!), when they had their long-awaited #1 on my chart - the patriotic anthem "Canada Dry", appropriately picked up for a commercial for the ginger ale brand of the same name! It's clear that whenever the Barenaked Ladies release, I'll have some interest in hearing whatever they do!

1. You Run Away
    2. Canada Dry
    3. Pinch Me
    4. Another Postcard
    5. It's All Been Done
    6. Boomerang
    7. Every Subway Car
    8. Too Little, Too Late
    9. Odds Are
    10. Lookin' Up

39. The second highest rapper on the list.

615. Will Smith - Wild Wild West
    614. Maroon 5 - Give A Little More
    613. Natalie Imbruglia - Instant Crush
    612. Eva Avila - Give Me The Music
    611. 98 Degrees - I Do (Cherish You)
    610. Paramore - Hard Times
    609. 702 - Where My Girls At?
    608. Will Smith - Miami
    607. Lifehouse - First Time
    606. Spice Girls - Holler
    605. KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree
    604. Katy Perry - Unconditionally
    603. Chris Brown - Forever
    602. Cher - You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
    601. Pharrell Williams - Happy
    600. Jennifer Lopez - Play
    599. Montell Jordan - Get It On Tonite
    598. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Amnesia
    597. Keane - Is It Any Wonder
    596. Barenaked Ladies - Pinch Me
    595. OneRepublic - Kids
    594. Blu Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)
    593. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
    592. Santana feat. Michelle Branch - The Game Of Love
    591. Katy Perry - Thinking Of You
    590. David Cook - Broken Windows
    589. Tyler Hilton - Overtime
    588. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
    587. Matchbox Twenty - Bent
    586. Britney Spears - My Prerogative

So each of the bands revealed today has one song in this set; as given from the sets of their top chart performers, four more to come from Matchbox Twenty and two more for the Barenaked Ladies are to come. We lose the highest entries here for Will Smith (his two highest in one fell swoop), Natalie Imbruglia, 98 Degrees, Paramore, 702, the Spice Girls, the woman beater Chris Brown (who has since been banned from my chart and will never chart again), Montell Jordan, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Keane, Blu Cantrell and Lukas Graham. We also see a lesser-known #1 from Maroon 5 and two of Katy Perry's lesser known #1's. The rest include Lifehouse's top 5 hit "First Time", KT Tunstall's breakthrough single, a Cher single from her movie "Burlesque", Pharrell Williams's ubiquitous 2014 #1 hit, a more recent #1 from OneRepublic, Alessia Cara with a song with an uplifting message, Britney Spears covering a Bobby Brown classic, David Cook's most recent #1, Jennifer Lopez's hit "Play", a Tyler Hilton song co-written by Kate Voegele, Eva Avila proving she had no sophomore slump, and a surprise crashout from a big Santana and Michelle Branch collaboration!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed March 13th, 2019, 07:07

39. EMINEM

Born Marshall Bruce Mathers III, October 17, 1972, St. Joseph, MO, USA; origin: Detroit, MI, USA

At #39 is one of the most controversial artists of the 21st century - Eminem! He got his break in the music industry thanks to the legendary Dr. Dre, who produced his early music including breakthrough single "My Name Is". "The Marshall Mathers LP" really thrust his career into superstardom, as "The Real Slim Shady" was the trademark humourous single to launch his eras, as dissing other artists is one thing he did very well. He's also done many personal songs about his own life, inspirational anthems, and even invented a new word - his song "Stan" inspired such term for obsessed fans as depicted in his song. His career peak has to be 2002-03, with "The Eminem Show" being his biggest album to date, as well as his starring role in "8 Mile", with its theme "Lose Yourself" being his top chart performer, spending five weeks at #1; the Aerosmith-sampling "Sing For The Moment" was also a #1. In early 2005, his "Encore" album gave him the then-rare honour of having two simultaneous top 10 hits - "Mockingbird" and "Like Toy Soldiers". His greatest hits album gave him another top 10 - "When I'm Gone" - though he did not stay gone long, he did not reach my top 10 again until a rather obscure movie song with Gwen Stefani, "Kings Never Die", from the "Southpaw" soundtrack. His most recent album "Kamikaze" came out last year, but couldn't gain traction for me as only one song charted - and even that one, just barely made it. Still, I wouldn't count him out for another hit at some point!

1. Lose Yourself
    2. Without Me
    3. Sing For The Moment
    4. Mockingbird
    5. The Real Slim Shady
    6. Like Toy Soldiers
    7. When I'm Gone
    8. Kings Never Die (with Gwen Stefani)
    9. Forgot About Dre (with Dr. Dre)
    10. Space Bound

38. The highest rapper in the list.

585. Sarah McLachlan - I Will Remember You
    584. Matchbox Twenty - Unwell
    583. Brian McKnight - Back At One
    582. 3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun
    581. Craig David - 7 Days
    580. Britney Spears - Till The World Ends
    579. Ricky Martin - She's All I Ever Had
    578. Paul McCartney - Come On To Me
    577. Kelly Clarkson - Nostalgic
    576. Lillix - It's About Time
    575. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk
    574. All Saints - One Strike
    573. One Direction - One Thing
    572. Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie
    571. Jennifer Lopez - I'm Gonna Be Alright

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 14th, 2019, 06:44

38. NELLY

Born Cornell Iral Haynes Jr., November 2, 1974, Austin, TX, USA - origin: St. Louis, MO, USA

At #38 is the highest rapper in the list - Nelly! With his style of St. Louis hip hop, he broke through with his debut album "Country Grammar" and both its title track and "Ride Wit Me" were top 10 hits on my chart. The success continued into his next album "Nellyville", which had the top 5 hit "Hot In Herre" and his only #1 on my chart - his Kelly Rowland collaboration "Dilemma". Over the years, he has also made many guest appearances enhancing other artists' songs such as Jagged Edge, 'N Sync, Janet Jackson, Florida Georgia Line and Simple Plan, and in 2004 came his most ambitious move - releasing two albums on the same day! Overall for me, the "Suit" singles did better than the "Sweat" singles as I tended to prefer slow jams such as "My Place" and the offbeat Tim McGraw collaboration "Over and Over". Despite a slump following, he bounced right back with "Just A Dream" - his biggest hit in years, peaking at #2. He most recently charted as a lead artist with "Sounds Good To Me" two years ago, and I feel we haven't heard the last of him yet!

1. Dilemma (with Kelly Rowland)
    2. Just A Dream
    3. Over And Over (with Tim McGraw)
    4. Hot In Herre
    5. Country Grammar
    6. Ride Wit Me
    7. I Don't Want To Go To Bed (with Simple Plan)
    8. My Place (with Jaheim)
    9. Tilt Ya Head Back (with Christina Aguilera)
    10. E.I.

37. A Canadian band who were often ridiculed back in their day.

570. Kelly Clarkson - Heat
    569. Sugar Ray - Someday
    568. David Cook - Criminals
    567. Wave - California
    566. Hilary Duff - So Yesterday
    565. Declan Galbraith - Everybody Tells Me
    564. Celine Dion - My Love
    563. Fastball - Out Of My Head
    562. Nickelback - Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
    561. Drake - Find Your Love
    560. JoJo - Disaster
    559. ATC - Around The World
    558. Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me
    557. Vitamin C - Graduation (Friends Forever)
    556. Matchbox Twenty - She's So Mean

Here we lose the highest entries for Canadian duo Wave, Texas 90's alt-rockers Fastball, Canadian rapper Drake, Eurodance group ATC, American Idol contestant Adam Lambert, and orange-haired singer Vitamin C with my high school graduation song. And while we lose #1 hits from Hilary Duff, Declan Galbraith and Matchbox Twenty, all are outranked by #2 hits by the same artists (said #2's were blocked by "Toxic", "My Life Would Suck Without You" and "Here Without You", respectively.) Other Idols are represented with Texas natives Kelly Clarkson and David Cook, while from California we have Sugar Ray. Finally, we have a single from a shelved album by JoJo, Celine Dion's lead-off from her second major greatest hits album, and a Nickelback hit where they're feelin' way too damn good! How does #562 feel, guys?

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 08:24

37. NICKELBACK

Hanna, AB, Canada (1995-present)

At #37 is one of the biggest Canadian bands ever.. Chad Kroeger and Nickelback! After several years making it in the Canadian music scene, their "Silver Side Up" album made them international superstars, mostly on the backs of the hit single "How You Remind Me". Appearances by Chad on the Spider-Man soundtrack and Santana's Shaman album kept him in the public eye until the release of "The Long Road", which generated hit singles such as "Someday" - then tying the record for highest debut ever on my chart - and "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good". However, on "All The Right Reasons", overexposure started to set in, and after "Photograph" and their most recent #1 "Savin' Me", none of the follow-up singles managed to make my top 20, though "Far Away" did manage decent longevity. (To this day, I am still very sick of "Rockstar", which I was never really into to begin with and its lyrics still make me cringe.) Despite the quick run and low peak of "Dark Horse"'s lead single "Gotta Be Somebody", two later singles from that album - "If Today Was Your Last Day" and "Never Gonna Be Alone", the latter being a classic Mutt Lange power ballad, made my top 10, to date their most recent trips that high up. Despite three albums since, their singles did not reach the highs of their past material, however, Chad Kroeger did team up with then-girlfriend Avril Lavigne on the top 5 hit "Let Me Go". Only time will tell if Nickelback can recapture their past magic on a future project.

1. How You Remind Me
    2. Someday
    3. Savin' Me
    4. Photograph
    5. Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
    6. Too Bad
    7. Never Gonna Be Alone
    8. If Today Was Your Last Day
    9. Far Away
    10. Figured You Out

36. The oldest artist in the top 100.

555. Colbie Caillat - Realize
    554. Gwen Stefani - Misery
    553. Cascada - Everytime We Touch
    552. Jessica Simpson - Irresistible
    551. Troye Sivan - My My My!
    550. Paula Deanda - Walk Away
    549. Kelly Clarkson - Would You Call That Love
    548. Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come
    547. Stacie Orrico - (There's Gotta Be) More To Life
    546. Ash Koley - Criminal
    545. Ryan Cabrera - Home
    544. Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music
    543. Train - Meet Virginia
    542. Nickelback - Photograph
    541. Jessie J - Silver Lining (Crazy 'Bout You)

I realize that Colbie Caillat's classic hit "Realize" is only at #555 but I realize that its impact is still felt to this day, don't you realize? I also realize she has three more songs to come, so I realize you better be paying attention! Here we have the highest entries for contemporary Australian star Troye Sivan, faceless girl Paula Deanda, Canadian duo with the name of one of its members Ash Koley, and Jessie J with the theme from "Silver Linings Playbook". We just revealed Nickelback in the artists, now here is their fourth biggest hit - so 3 more to come from them, all of them #1's. We have German Eurodance group Cascada's breakthrough hit, Jessica Simpson proving her career was no sophomore slump, Stacie Orrico with a Christian crossover hit, Ryan Cabrera with a more recent acoustic song, Rihanna with one of many hits from her "Good Girl Gone Bad" album, and Train's debut single! Finally, we have three artists that I saw live a few weeks back on a trip to the USA - and all three songs were performed at said shows! I saw Kelly Clarkson in St. Louis; she did this one and several others from her album "Meaning Of Life"; then Gwen Stefani in Las Vegas, representing her most recent solo album "This Is What The Truth Feels Like", and also in Vegas, Celine Dion, with a memorable 2002 hit proving she had staying power!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 07:31

36. SANTANA

Carlos Santana - born July 20, 1947, Autlan de Navarro, Mexico - band formed 1966, San Francisco, CA, USA

At #36 is one of the most legendary musicians, and the oldest in the list... Carlos Santana! Originally from Mexico, he relocated to San Francisco and was part of that city's music scene and spirituality in the 1960's, forming his eponymous band there. They performed at the famous Woodstock music festival, and the original band line-up recorded a streak of classic albums, with singles like "Evil Ways" and "Black Magic Woman" being huge hits. Santana remained popular throughout the 1970's and into the 1980's, with "Winning" and "Hold On" being major hit singles in that decade. Following a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, the next Santana album - "Supernatural" - set the stage for his career to follow, as it saw Santana - with Carlos himself as the only one from the early recordings in the current band - teamed up with an all-star cast of vocalists. The result was his biggest album ever, which was one of the biggest ever wins at the Grammy Awards, and its lead single "Smooth" started a massive comeback, helped by the vocals of Rob Thomas. Wyclef Jean proteges, The Product G&B, helped bring "Maria Maria", playing off Santana's Latin heritage, reach #1 on my chart. The next album, "Shaman", was also a huge success, and collaborations with Michelle Branch and Chad Kroeger both topped my chart. "All That I Am" followed the same formula, with the Michelle Branch-led lead single "I'm Feeling You" and Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler on "Just Feel Better" both reaching #1. A greatest hits, including the best of the early years and the comeback years, was next, including a new song with Chad Kroeger, "Into The Night", followed by a covers album of the same template, "Guitar Heaven", featuring vocals from the likes of Chris Cornell, Chris Daughtry, Jacoby Shaddix, etc. This would be followed by a Latin-themed variation on the same theme - "Corazon" - which included his latest top 10 hit "Feel It Coming Back". Santana has kept busy since then, including the "Santana IV" album reuniting the original band from their first three albums and a collaboration album with the Isley Brothers.

1. I'm Feeling You (with Michelle Branch)
    2. Maria Maria (with The Product G&B)
    3. Why Don't You & I (with Chad Kroeger)
    4. Just Feel Better (with Steven Tyler)
    5. Smooth (with Rob Thomas)
    6. The Game Of Love (with Michelle Branch)
    7. Illegal (with Shakira)
    8. Feel It Coming Back (with Diego Torres)
    9. Into The Night (with Chad Kroeger)
    10. Photograph (with Chris Daughtry)

35. The only act aside from Kate Voegele and Kelly Clarkson that I have seen in concert more than once.

540. Michelle Branch feat. Timbaland - Getaway
    539. Usher - U Got It Bad
    538. Puddle Of Mudd - Blurry
    537. Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
    536. Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This
    535. Fun. - Carry On
    534. Sara Bareilles - Gonna Get Over You
    533. Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
    532. Stevie Wonder & Ariana Grande - Faith
    531. Liz Phair - Extraordinary
    530. Mandy Moore - I Wanna Be With You
    529. Justin Timberlake - My Love
    528. The Rasmus - In The Shadows
    527. Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed
    526. One Direction - Night Changes

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 18th, 2019, 07:31

35. SIMPLE PLAN

Montreal, QC, Canada (1999-present)

At #35 we find one of the biggest pop-punk bands of my chart's era - Montreal's Simple Plan! In 2002, they released their debut album "No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls", which generated several hit singles such as "I'd Do Anything", "Addicted" (their first top 10 for me) and "Perfect". Already they were showing both humourous and serious sides, including issues about father's expectations. Their second album "Still Not Getting Any" continued this theme, with "Welcome To My Life" addressing wanting to be accepted in society and "Untitled" dealing with losses sustained in a car crash. For their third album, they changed up their sound a bit and released a self-titled album; "When I'm Gone" and "Your Love Is A Lie" were both top 5 hits. "Get Your Heart On!" was another success, especially its single "Jet Lag", which featured Natasha Bedingfield, and made my top 5, being their best chart performer to date. Most recently, they released "Taking One For The Team", which generated seven charting songs, but most importantly, it gave them their first #1 on my chart, with the deep cut "Problem Child", again showing their serious side, apologizing for being rough in their youth. They are due for new music any day now and I hope it will be as good as what they've had so far!

1. Jet Lag (featuring Natasha Bedingfield)
    2. Addicted
    3. Untitled
    4. Your Love Is A Lie
    5. Problem Child
    6. When I'm Gone
    7. Perfect
    8. I Don't Want To Go To Bed (featuring Nelly)
    9. Perfectly Perfect
    10. Astronaut

34. A popular method of transportation that has been popular during my entire chart era.

525. New Radicals - You Get What You Give
    524. R. Kelly - Ignition
    523. Virginia To Vegas feat. Alyssa Reid - We Are Stars
    522. Ronan Keating - Lovin' Each Day
    521. The Veronicas - In My Blood
    520. Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight
    519. Kiesza - Dearly Beloved
    518. DJ Sammy - Heaven
    517. Stef Lang - Stronger
    516. The Wreckers - The Good Kind
    515. Alanis Morissette - Receive
    514. Craig David - Fill Me In
    513. Sheryl Crow feat. Annie Clark - Wouldn't Want To Be Like You
    512. Britney Spears - Circus
    511. Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around...

Here we have the highest entries for one-album wonder New Radicals, the controversial R. Kelly, Canadian star Virginia To Vegas, Boyzone solo star Ronan Keating, Australian twin sister duo The Veronicas, Canadian dance-pop star Kiesza, Eurodance DJ Sammy, and British soul singer Craig David. The rest of the artists are regulars on my chart, from Idol band Daughtry, a charity single from Stef Lang (her last single under her real name before adopting the name DYLN for her music career), Michelle Branch's country duo side project The Wreckers, Alanis Morissette with one of her later singles that returned her to #1 after a long drought, Sheryl Crow's first #1 on my chart after coming close so many times, and coincidentally back to back, one of my chart's power couples of the early years - Britney Spears with the title track from her successful "Circus" album and Justin Timberlake with a song allegedly about Britney!

34. TRAIN

San Francisco, CA, USA (1993-present)

In the late 90's, a band from San Francisco took off from the station and rode the rails onto the charts - that's right, my #34 artist of the past 20 years is Train! Over the years, we met Virginia, experienced drops of Jupiter (which became their first top 5 hit on my chart), called all angels, looked to the sky (maybe the angels were up there that we were calling - perhaps in Jupiter's reflection), were anything but ordinary with their Spider-Man movie hit, and following a ride in a cab, they looked like their star was fading. After a solo effort from Pat Monahan, they bounced back in a big way with their album "Save Me, San Francisco"; despite none of its singles being in my top 10 best chart performers, "Hey, Soul Sister" was a strong comeback to commercial success. Their next album "California 37" was even bigger for me as "Drive By" finally gave them their first #1 hit on my chart, and later singles were also successful, predominantly "Bruises", which teamed them with country singer Ashley Monroe. It seems like every time they've been counted out, they bounce back, and last year was a perfect case - in part due to nostalgia for their collaboration partners, Hall & Oates, "Philly Forget Me Not" became their biggest charting hit for me, and follow-up hit "Call Me Sir" also made my top 10; this was an offbeat collaboration with country star Cam and rapper Travie McCoy. They most recently hit my chart with a cover of "Careless Whisper", from their recent greatest hits album. I expect there could very well be more hits for them in my future!

1. Philly Forget Me Not (with Hall & Oates)
    2. Drops Of Jupiter
    3. Drive By
    4. Calling All Angels
    5. Meet Virginia
    6. When I Look To The Sky
    7. Bruises (with Ashley Monroe)
    8. Ordinary
    9. Call Me Sir (with Cam & Travie McCoy)
    10. Something More

33. The second highest American Idol contestant.

510. Rihanna - S.O.S.
    509. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    508. Kylie Minogue - I Believe In You
    507. Christina Aguilera - Candyman
    506. Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
    505. Taylor Swift - Love Story
    504. Pat Benatar - Shine
    503. Austin Mahone - What About Love
    502. Bryan Adams feat. Melanie C - When You're Gone
    501. Rihanna - Disturbia
    500. Dolores O'Riordan - Ordinary Day
    499. Destiny's Child - Emotion
    498. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
    497. Robyn - With Every Heartbeat
    496. Alyssa Reid - Rollercoaster

So here we lose the highest entries from singer-songwriter-pianist Vanessa Carlton, then-teen sensation Austin Mahone, Canadian legend Bryan Adams (taking Sporty Spice, Melanie C, on for the ride), the late Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, Scottish singer-songwriter KT Tunstall and Swedish pop sensation Robyn, gone in a more indie-dance direction in the 2000's and 2010's after a 90's teen pop career. We lose the second and third highest entries for Rihanna, a singalong anthem from Gwen Stefani, Kylie's lead single from her greatest hits album, a country-to-pop crossover from Taylor Swift, Destiny's Child covering a Bee Gees composition that was originally a hit for Australian singer Samantha Sang in the 1970's, one of many #1's for Canadian pop star Alyssa Reid, and, proving nostalgia always wins, a comeback single from Pat Benatar! Finally, we have Christina Aguilera's third single from her album that took her influence "back to basics" with a 1920's-30's influenced song "Candyman"!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu March 21st, 2019, 06:58

33. DAUGHTRY

McLeansville, NC, USA (2006-present)

At #33 we have the band formed by an American Idol contestant - Daughtry! The band's eponymous leader, Chris Daughtry, tried out and got on, but didn't win... still, it was the perfect springboard to a successful career! Their debut album scored five top 5 hits, including two #1's - and all of them are among their six highest performing singles, just showing how strong the album is! Their second album "Leave This Town" was also moderately successful, and "No Surprise" and "Life After You" were both hits for me, with the latter making my top 10. Beyond their initial wave of popularity, they have continued to chart, including a #1, "Crawling Back To You", and two more top 10's, "Waiting For Superman" and "Long Live Rock & Roll". Their most recent album, "Cage To Rattle", was released in 2018 and generated two charting singles on my chart.

1. It's Not Over
    2. Home
    3. Over You
    4. Crawling Back To You
    5. Feels Like Tonight
    6. What About Now
    7. Long Live Rock & Roll
    8. Life After You
    9. In The Air Tonight (with Brad Arnold)
    10. No Surprise

495. Switchfoot - Your Love Is A Song
    494. Dido - Don't Leave Home
    493. State Of Shock - Money Honey
    492. Rachel Platten - Fight Song
    491. Carly Rae Jepsen - Take A Picture
    490. Dream - He Loves You Not
    489. Victoria Duffield - Paper Planes
    488. Evan and Jaron - Crazy For This Girl
    487. Amy Winehouse - Rehab
    486. Goo Goo Dolls - Give A Little Bit
    485. Shawn Mullins - Lullaby
    484. O-Town - All Or Nothing
    483. Natasha Bedingfield - Angel
    482. Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
    481. Michelle Branch - Best You Ever

Here we see the highest entries for Christian rock band Switchfoot (with a song co-written by Mike Elizondo, who also produced Kate Voegele's album "A Fine Mess", among others), P. Diddy protege girl group Dream, twins Evan & Jaron, the late Amy Winehouse of the 27 Club, boy band O-Town, girl group Pussycat Dolls, my chart's first #1 from Shawn Mullins, and singer-songwriter Rachel Platten - who I saw perform at K-Days in Edmonton. Two other acts I have seen there make this set; Carly Rae Jepsen and Victoria Duffield, both of whom have other songs to come; indeed, Carly's song was at #1 on my chart the week I saw her. We also see the Goo Goo Dolls with their cover of Supertramp's "Give A Little Bit" (which I actually prefer over the original), my favourite from Dido's "Life For Rent" album, the breakthrough single by Canadian band State Of Shock, Natasha Bedingfield with one of three songs called "Angel" to top my chart, and the only song from Michelle Branch's latest album "Hopeless Romantic" to make the list - the #1 single "Best You Ever". Clearly she has a lot more to come - but none later than 2011 are in the top 480!

32. ADELE

Born May 5, 1988, London, UK

If there is any artist who has kept record sales alive into the 2010's, it has to be Adele! Her debut album "19" was successful and gave her a Grammy for Best New Artist, as well as a chart hit with "Chasing Pavements". However, her next album, "21", became a huge monster hit, being one of the 10 best selling albums of all time and continuing to sell to this day! Its lead single "Rolling In The Deep" made my top 5 and was followed by two even bigger hits for me; the long-running "Set Fire To The Rain" (which had two chart runs helping the matter) and her first #1, "Someone Like You". After this huge success, she got to record the next James Bond theme, "Skyfall", which became her second #1. As has been normal for her, she took a long break before releasing her next album "25", which broke first week sales records. Its lead single "Hello" was an instant hit for me, spending four weeks at #1, and was followed by "When We Were Young", which is surprisingly her best charting hit for me! Overall, seven songs from "25" made my chart, which really has me looking forward to new Adele music before the end of the year!

1. When We Were Young
    2. Someone Like You
    3. Hello
    4. Set Fire To The Rain
    5. Rolling In The Deep
    6. Skyfall
    7. I Miss You
    8. Love In The Dark
    9. Water Under The Bridge
    10. All I Ask

480. Beyoncé - Naughty Girl
    479. Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
    478. Michelle Branch - Together
    477. Eminem - Sing For The Moment
    476. Kongos - Come With Me Now
    475. Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days
    474. John Legend - All Of Me
    473. Enrique Iglesias - Escape
    472. Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
    471. Daughtry - Crawling Back To You
    470. Britney Spears - Gimme More
    469. Citizen King - Better Days
    468. Jet - Look What You've Done
    467. Sting - Desert Rose
    466. Simple Plan - Addicted

Here we lose the two highest entries from the Goo Goo Dolls - their earliest to qualify and their only #1. We also lose South African brothers Kongos, neo-soul icon John Legend, one-hit wonders Citizen King, Australian rockers Jet and the legendary Sting! Artists such as Beyoncé and Enrique Iglesias, both have seen better days, are represented here with 2000's classics. We also have Eminem sampling an Aerosmith classic, Daughtry with one of their later hits, Simple Plan getting away with calling themselves dicks, Katy Perry with the lead single from her disappointing album "Witness" (indeed, this is the only appearance from said album here), Michelle Branch with a rather obscure hit from "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2", and Britney Spears with the song that gave us the iconic intro... it's Britney, bitch!

31. BON JOVI

Sayreville, NJ, USA (1983-present)

One of New Jersey's finest bands ever is at #31... Bon Jovi! Starting out in the 1980's, they first hit the top 40 in 1984, but it wasn't until 1986's "Slippery When Wet" that they became huge superstars, and songs like "Livin' On A Prayer", "Wanted Dead Or Alive" and "You Give Love A Bad Name" have remained classic rock staples to this day. The success has continued into the 1990's, and songs like "Bad Medicine", "I'll Be There For You", "Bed Of Roses" and "Always" have also become huge classics that have stood the test of time, among many others. In 2000, by the time I had started my chart, they reinvented themselves, working with pop songwriter extraordinare Max Martin; the result was "It's My Life", updating their classic sound for a new millennium and reaching the top 5 on my chart. There are very few classic artists that I have never lost interest in even in a period when I wasn't into new music by nostalgia artists, and Bon Jovi certainly is one of them, as every album released since the start of my chart has had at least one top 10 hit. Two of them - "Have A Nice Day" and "We Weren't Born To Follow" - have reached #1 on my chart. Into the 2010's, founding member Richie Sambora left the band, but Jon Bon Jovi and the rest of the band have carried on; their latest studio album "This House Is Not For Sale" generated the longest running #2 song ever on my chart, spending five weeks there and finishing in my year-end top 10. Bon Jovi was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018... I say, well deserved; their impact on music has definitely shown this a worthy inclusion! They have been working on a new album and I hope it'll be as good as their classic hits!

1. We Weren't Born To Follow
    2. This House Is Not For Sale
    3. It's My Life
    4. Have A Nice Day
    5. Because We Can
    6. Misunderstood
    7. Superman Tonight
    8. (You Want To) Make A Memory
    9. We Don't Run
    10. Thank You For Loving Me

30. One of Canada's most successful artists ever.

465. Pink - There You Go
    464. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
    463. Pink - Who Knew
    462. Nick Jonas - Levels
    461. Faith Hill - Breathe
    460. Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods
    459. Blink 182 - What's My Age Again?
    458. Taylor Swift - Back To December
    457. Kate Voegele - Playing With My Heart
    456. Nelly - Hot In Herre
    455. Mary J. Blige - Family Affair
    454. Anastacia - I'm Outta Love
    453. Blink 182 - All The Small Things
    452. Duran Duran feat. Janelle Monae & Nile Rodgers - Pressure Off
    451. Simple Plan feat. Natasha Bedingfield - Jet Lag

Several artists have two songs each here - Pink, Blink 182 and Taylor Swift - and all still have songs to come. We also get to Justin Timberlake's first Timbaland collaboration, a solo hit by Nick Jonas, Faith Hill's biggest country to pop crossover, Kate Voegele with one of many charting songs from "A Fine Mess", a summertime anthem from Nelly, Mary J. Blige's big party hit, Anastacia's debut single, a later-day comeback hit from Duran Duran, and the highest entry from Simple Plan!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 06:54

30. ALANIS MORISSETTE

Born June 1, 1974, Ottawa, ON, Canada

In the 1990's, following two teen pop albums that were hits in Canada, Alanis Morissette broke through worldwide as the angsty queen of the 90's - the voice of a generation. Her "Jagged Little Pill" album was a huge favourite and remains one of the best selling albums of all time; the entire album is a classic, and five of its songs became huge hits that still get played today. In 1998, she followed it up with "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie", and my chart caught its lead single "Thank U" on the decline as it was top 5 on my first chart. The next three singles all had varying success on my chart, including two top 5's. The "Under Rug Swept" era continued the success, scoring a #1 with "Hands Clean". "So-Called Chaos" included the fan favourite "Eight Easy Steps", which remains one of my favourites from her and was a top 5 hit for me. Her first greatest hits album had a cover of Seal's "Crazy", which also got #1 for me and is overall her best chart performer. Her most recent studio album was 2012's "Havoc And Bright Lights", it had a strong comeback single "Guardian", followed by the #1 hit "Receive".

1. Crazy
    2. Hands Clean
    3. Receive
    4. Eight Easy Steps
    5. Precious Illusions
    6. Unsent
    7. Guardian
    8. Everything
    9. Hand In My Pocket (acoustic)
    10. Joining You

450. Enrique Iglesias - Be With You
    449. Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want To Be
    448. Ryan Cabrera - Shine On
    447. Lady GaGa - Born This Way
    446. Sky - Love Song
    445. Maroon 5 - Maps
    444. The Wreckers - Tennessee
    443. Carly Rae Jepsen - Your Type
    442. No Doubt - Hey Baby
    441. Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
    440. Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos
    439. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
    438. Demi Lovato - Skyscraper
    437. Sarah McLachlan - Fallen
    436. Taylor Swift - Mine

So here we have more pairs of songs by the same artist: Enrique Iglesias (his two highest entries, both from the "Enrique" album), Maroon 5 with a pair of lead-off #1 singles from their albums, and Gwen Stefani (with one solo and one No Doubt song). We lose the highest entries for Canadian acts Sky and Sarah McLachlan as well. The rest of the songs in this set are one of Gavin DeGraw's early hits with the One Tree Hill theme song, Ryan Cabrera's lead single from "You Stand Watching", a song from Michelle Branch's country project The Wreckers, Carly Rae Jepsen with one of many charting songs from her fan favourite "Emotion" album, Lady GaGa's "Express Yourself"... oops, I mean "Born This Way", Demi Lovato's first #1 of 9 so far, "Skyscraper", and Taylor Swift's second of 7 #1's so far, "Mine".

29. LIFEHOUSE

Los Angeles, CA, USA (1995-present)

At #29 we find a band whose catchy, pulsating melodies and thoughtful lyrics led to a hit streak in the 2000's - Lifehouse! They broke through with 2001's monster hit "Hanging By A Moment", which, due to its longevity, is their best chart performer. The debut album "No Name Face" certainly lived up to expectations based on this single! While their follow-up album "Stanley Climbfall" didn't quite live up to the success of their debut, they certainly weren't done yet as a self-titled album, propelled by the hit single "You And Me" which peaked at #2 on my chart, was a success. Songs like "First Time" and "Broken" made their "Who We Are" album a success, but it wasn't until "Smoke And Mirrors" when they finally topped my chart - and they did it twice with "Halfway Gone" and "All In"! Their most recent studio album, "Out Of The Wasteland", was released in 2015 and had the top 5 hit "Hurricane"; they have since charted as well with the hurricane relief single "Shine Like Gold", a collaboration with Switchfoot, last year.

1. Hanging By A Moment
    2. You And Me
    3. Broken
    4. Halfway Gone
    5. First Time
    6. All In
    7. Hurricane
    8. Breathing
    9. Spin
    10. Shine Like Gold (with Switchfoot)

28. The lead singer of a group who already appeared earlier in the list.

435. Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day
    434. Everclear - Wonderful
    433. Eminem - Without Me
    432. Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within
    431. Steve Perry - No Erasin'
    430. Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
    429. Katy Perry - Rise
    428. Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
    427. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You
    426. John Mellencamp feat. Martina McBride - Grandview
    425. Daughtry - Over You
    424. Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine
    423. Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
    422. Flo Rida feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me
    421. Lady GaGa - The Edge Of Glory

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 25th, 2019, 05:49

28. ROB THOMAS

Born February 14, 1972, Landstuhl, Germany; origin: Lake City, SC, USA

My #41 act of the past 20 years is Matchbox Twenty; 13 positions higher, we find the solo career of their frontman, Rob Thomas! After the success of the first Matchbox Twenty album showed his songwriting skills, he continued to hone his craft, and got a major opportunity - to write for Santana's comeback album "Supernatural"! Handling the vocals himself, "Smooth" was a huge worldwide hit, boosting Rob's profile as well. Following three Matchbox Twenty albums, he struck out on his own, releasing the hit album "Something To Be". While lead single "Lonely No More" was a hit for me, the next single, "This Is How A Heart Breaks", really resonated with me. The catchy, upbeat rocker spent a total of six weeks at #1 on my chart, dominating the summer of 2005 and leading to further success with "Ever The Same", also a #1. Following a hit from the Disney film "Meet The Robinsons", "Little Wonders" and a greatest hits album with Matchbox Twenty, he released his second solo album "Cradlesong", which included two toppers "Her Diamonds" and "Mockingbird", the latter of which was in my top 5 for 2010. "The Great Unknown", while it failed to give him another #1, had three top 5's on my chart. His new album "Chip Tooth Smile", is released in just over a month, and its lead single "One Less Day (Dying Young)" has shown his continued relevance for me in my chart's third decade, spending two weeks at #1.

1. This Is How A Heart Breaks
    2. Ever The Same
    3. Mockingbird
    4. Smooth (with Santana)
    5. Her Diamonds
    6. Pieces
    7. Trust You
    8. Little Wonders
    9. I Think We'd Feel Good Together
    10. Lonely No More

420. Uncle Kracker - Follow Me
    419. Carrie Underwood - Good Girl
    418. Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Through This
    417. Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight
    416. U2 - Vertigo
    415. Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
    414. Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
    413. Imagine Dragons - Demons
    412. Scorpions - Eye Of The Storm
    411. Backstreet Boys - Drowning
    410. City High - What Would You Do?
    409. The Saturdays - Ego
    408. Destiny's Child - Bootylicious
    407. 'N Sync - This I Promise You
    406. Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

Here we lose the highest entries from Colombian siren Shakira, EDM trio Swedish House Mafia, the top American pop-rock group of the 2010's Imagine Dragons, German hard rock heroes Scorpions, hip-hop trio City High, British female quintet The Saturdays, and Swedish singer-songwriter Eagle-Eye Cherry with the 90's classic "Save Tonight". We also have the big multi-format hit from Uncle Kracker, a country smash from Carrie Underwood, the debut from Daniel Bedingfield, an early upbeat hit from Jennifer Lopez, U2 leading one of their strongest albums ever, a Backstreet Boys song recorded for their first greatest hits album, Destiny's Child taking the bassline from Stevie Nicks's classic "Edge Of Seventeen" and inventing a new word which made it into the dictionary, and an 'N Sync ballad written by Richard Marx!

27. RIHANNA

Born: February 20, 1988, St. Michael, Barbados

At #27 we find one of the most unpredictable artists around - Rihanna! In 2005, I caught on fairly quickly to her debut single "Pon De Replay", but figured she had to be one of those one hit wonder artists like so many other artists around that time that ended up faceless. Little did I know the following year, she'd get a strong hit streak on her "A Girl Like Me" era - "S.O.S." was her first top 5, followed up by her only #1 ever on my chart - the emotional ballad "Unfaithful", showing off her vulnerability. In 2007, her career soared to new highs, and the "Good Girl Gone Bad" album, combined with its re-release the following year, gave us six of the top 10 best charting songs of her career - just shows how strong that album was for me! Unfortunately, things started to slip after a while, but she did get one last hurrah for me with her "Loud" album as its lead single "Only Girl (In The World)" brought her back into the top 10 and a couple of its follow-ups did moderately well too. Right after this, I was extremely sick of her annual album releases, wishing she could just go away as she had become very overexposed - and I wished that even more when I heard some of the stuff from her "Talk That Talk" album. I am still sick to death of "We Found Love" due to gross overplay and can't listen to it anymore, I found "You Da One" extremely irritating, but the kicker was "Birthday Cake", which I found absolutely disgusting - even more revolting, when she recorded its remix with her abuser, Chris Brown! This made me lose a lot of respect for her and it remains among my most hated songs of all time as I find that such a collaboration should never have existed in the first place. The trend continued, with songs like "Pour It Up", "Bitch Better Have My Money", "Work", "Needed Me" and "Lemon" all getting on my nerves and becoming among my most hated songs of all time. Given how much she has annoyed me lately, it would take a miracle for her to ever get back on my good side.

1. Unfaithful
    2. Disturbia
    3. S.O.S.
    4. Don't Stop The Music
    5. Umbrella
    6. Pon De Replay
    7. Hate That I Love You
    8. Shut Up And Drive
    9. Only Girl (In The World)
    10. Rehab

26. A group who has had a member go on to an extremely successful solo career.

405. The Killers - When We Were Young
    404. Barenaked Ladies - Canada Dry
    403. Celine Dion - Taking Chances
    402. Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi
    401. Kate Voegele - Forever And Almost Always
    400. Dave Matthews Band - Where Are You Going?
    399. Lifehouse - Halfway Gone
    398. Kelly Clarkson - Dance With Me
    397. State Of Shock - Hearts That Bleed
    396. Eva Avila - Bitter Meets Sweet
    395. Kate Voegele - Catch Me On Fire
    394. Tyler Hilton - When It Comes
    393. Nelly feat. Tim McGraw - Over And Over
    392. Bon Jovi - It's My Life
    391. Matchbox Twenty - If You're Gone

Here we have the highest entries for the Counting Crows (covering a Joni Mitchell classic), Dave Matthews Band, Canadian Idol winner Eva Avila, and country superstar Tim McGraw - but his collaboration is not Nelly's highest! In other Canadian artists, we have the legendary Barenaked Ladies, with a song full of patriotic Canadian references - including a title inspired by our national ginger ale brand; Celine Dion with the lead single from her 2007 album - and State Of Shock! We also see The Killers and Lifehouse, as well as Tyler Hilton, before he collaborated with Kate Voegele, and two legendary American bands who were recently revealed - Bon Jovi and Matchbox Twenty! Finally, we have the "Bryan queens" section, as we have a track from Kelly Clarkson's "Piece By Piece" album - one of two album tracks that hit #1 for me in the summer of 2015 back to back - and two Kate Voegele songs - one of which, "Forever And For Always", was a bonus track on "A Fine Mess"; and the other, "Catch Me On Fire", is possibly the most upbeat song she's ever done with a very pulsating rhythm!