Thread: Kevin Hart: I don't want to be an ally for LGBTQ community

Manager
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 11:59

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Why do these extreme LGBTQ groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.

Acceptance is something that is genuine. You can't pressure people to like and accept you just because it's politically correct to accept that person.
    This utterly disgusting comment yikes. You should try to differentitate from harmless trolling of divas to trolling on serious topics. At least I hope it's trolling cuz child you comment is an utter mess...

Just replace LGBTQ with black or jew and see what we got

Why do these black / jew groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

If you meet up with someone you like and he/she finds out about your identity and stops going out with you, it's their choice and you cannot put them at fault because of that. There are always differences you can never reconcile.
    The fact that some of yall think comments like this are fine and acceptable clearly proves we have a looooooong way to go...
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Manager
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 13:00

Pls if you want to get attention you should've replaced it with any diva stan group

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 13:40

I think he is entitled to not being an ally, whatever that means. But I do agree he should not be hosting the Oscars.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 17:19

I wish we could all discuss this in real life, cuz writing is ki da tiring and points get lost in the way.

Anyway, at @CrazyCrazy, I fully agree with BeeBoy. You seem to think that:

1. being liberal is wrong
    2. a liberal person will dismiss your views JUST because you're not which is basically ignoring the possibility that maybe we geniuely disagree with you and that you don't ever question your opinions
    3. That everything coming from liberal is automatically false or nonsense
    4. That we are not ready to listen to oposition opinions just because it comes from the nonliberals.

Also, you're being like colourblind, but just gay-blind and literalky are dismissing other people's problems cuz you have it easier than some others. Why do ypucare aboutaa having a good image in an anti-gay world? Surely you don't have to feel like victim, but it's a fact that you're less priviledged for being gay. Also, aRat dodn't say that not beig ally is calling for violence. Either you missinterpreted that or I'm missing something? His apology just seems dishonest now even though I was for him after the whole Ellen thing.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 17:22

Quote Originally Posted by DnBLover
    I think he is entitled to not being an ally, whatever that means. But I do agree he should not be hosting the Oscars.
    Can doesn't equate should (or shouldn't).

Quote Originally Posted by menime123
    The whole concept of an ally is stupid anyway.
    Mind elaborating? What's bad about allies? In world of white supremacy, it's white people that have the most power to change something imo. Same for str8 people in this heteronormative world.
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:09

Nobody expects him to be an ally. He should adopt the policy that is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". He might not like LGBTQ community, fine. Then don't tweet about that subject and if you tweet hateful things, you suffer the consequences.

What i don't get is, don't they have publicists or assistants who can go through old tweets and delete the ones that could controversy like this?
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 19:57

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Nobody expects him to be an ally. He should adopt the policy that is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". He might not like LGBTQ community, fine. Then don't tweet about that subject and if you tweet hateful things, you suffer the consequences.

What i don't get is, don't they have publicists or assistants who can go through old tweets and delete the ones that could controversy like this?

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack
    Why do these extreme LGBTQ groups keep on forcing others to acknowledge them? If people don't like or accept who you are or what you do or fight for what you believe in, you just have to move on and deal with it.

Acceptance is something that is genuine. You can't pressure people to like and accept you just because it's politically correct to accept that person.
    Sis, please do me a favor, read what you wrote again, read the OP again and then wonder if this reply made any sense...

Manager
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanning talent is my curse: Rihanna - Dua Lipa - Madonna - Ariana Grande & many other snatchedT Popstitutes
    #No Dusty Divas Allowed

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manager
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:47

Fake outrage!!11!!1 the liberals are at it again!!11!!1 he apologized!!!1111!1!

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    be kind to every kind

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:51

He just doesn't have balls to admit to himself that he still is to some extent homophobic cuz he's trying to save his ass.
    be kind to every kind

Manager
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 21:56

I bet he has already written the jokes about how this is all so unfair for the oscars. He just wants to save his ass, he won't say more than he needs to to keep his public face. I bet inside and without cameras he stillt sees it the way he did when he wrote those tweets

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 22:30

Oscars should have huge backlash if Kevin Hart hosts.

This will never happen but i hope LGBT allies won't attend ceremony because of him (if he hosts).
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-01-19, 22:34

Quote Originally Posted by Marchum
    Why the heck is he hosting? Ugh
    Oh wait he confirmed again that he is not hosting. Good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 14:05

not him saying 'Choice in life' ugh, just admit you are homophobic and accept that excludes you from certain things

Legend
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 14:18

but if homosexuality is a lifestyle choice... then being straight is a lifestyle choice as well.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 14:48

Why do people get offended by such trivial things he doesn't have to be an ally to anyone. Get a grip!

Having said that... he doesn't seem very intelligent or well informed.

Manager
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-01-19, 15:09

Problem is: You can't apologize for things you said in the past and then talk shit like this in the other about the same topic, just admit you are dumb homophobic

Legend
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 03:27

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    The tweets are one thing, but he's also included homophobic jokes in his stand-up routine (about how he would beat his son if he ever exhibited 'gay' behaviour).

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBoy
    I bet he has already written the jokes about how this is all so unfair for the oscars. He just wants to save his ass, he won't say more than he needs to to keep his public face. I bet inside and without cameras he stillt sees it the way he did when he wrote those tweets
    I'm positive he does. It shows in his tone in these interviews. For him, this is an unnecessary hindrance, an inconvenience to him. I highly doubt any real introspection was done about why it is he said those things in the past, why it is that so many people are hurt by them, and what is that can be done to change his own homophobic views, then communicate those rehabilitated views to the public. The real joke of this whole situation is that he's made these gay jokes in a very public format (Twitter, stand-up, etc.) and seems upset that he's being asked for a public apology. Keep that same energy. Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrazy
    Why does everyone have to be an “ally”? Online gays are so cringe.

This outrage culture is so toxic, hopefully it fcks off soon. It’s refreshing to see someone being honest in this pandering pc world we live in, some people dont like gays, tell me something I didn’t know. I will still live.

We will never live in a utopian world and not sure what that would mean in reality.
    Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2018: [#1 Revealed!]

The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 04:44

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Because you have young boys, 10 and 11 years old, who have been killed by their parents for wearing heels, painting nails, or doing anything outside of the general public's rigid definition of masculinity. Lives depend on people's minds changing. If Kevin isn't going to help extinguish the fire, it'd be nice if he could at least not add more fuel to the flames.

This isn't a superficial issue like not liking someone's hairstyle, or an artist's album/song. Kevin shouldn't be applauded for being honest. It's not refreshing. He's a homophobe. It's repugnant, and the outrage is late but justified.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 06:05

Quote Originally Posted by Rihab

Couldn’t agree more.

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-01-19, 06:06

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab

Couldn’t agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt
    The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.