Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 176 to 197 of 197

Thread: German Charts Thread 2019: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

  1. #176
    maroon's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    25 Mar 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Posts
    6,633
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 07:26

    It's Bavaria, not Baveria.

    Fair enough if the chart is very different from the official one if it counts the best selling singles while the national one is all about most streamed songs nowadays.

  2. #177

    by » Sun June 16th, 2019, 08:32

    Quote Originally Posted by maroon View Post
    It's Bavaria, not Baveria.

    Fair enough if the chart is very different from the official one if it counts the best selling singles while the national one is all about most streamed songs nowadays.
    But monzo said: "Last week Rammstein's "Ausländer" was on top in Baveria, number 2 in Germany, but only 21 at German downloads, so Baverian charts also adds physical sales which is nice."

    Then it is not the best selling single but the single with the highest revenue, when physical sales have such an impact.

  3. #178
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 02:33

    In Germany, a few albums sell 100k+ copies in one week per year, so that's quite an accomplishment. Weekly sales of 200k+ are even rarer and if you raise the bar to 300k+, you get close to the all-time records. Speaking of it, does anyone know the biggest weekly sales for an album in Germany? We have the records for quite a few countries like Canada ('Adele's '25' / 306k), France (Johnny Hallyday's 'Mon pays c'est l'amour' / 780k), the UK (Adele's '25' / 800k) or the US (Adele's '25' / 3.38 mio.), but I couldn't find one for Germany. Looking at the other countries, the record should be somewhere in the 500k area (maybe Herbert Grönemeyer's 'Mensch'?).

    Anyway, here's the list of albums I could imagine having sold at least 300k copies in one week:
    Backstreet Boys - Backstreet's Back
    Backstreet Boys - Millenium
    Celine Dion - All The Way
    Deutschland sucht den Superstar - United
    Genesis - We Can't Dance
    Helene Fischer - Helene Fischer
    Herbert Grönemeyer - 12
    Herbert Grönemeyer - Mensch
    Michael Jackson - Bad
    Modern Talking - Back For Good
    No Angels - Elle'ments
    Phil Collins - Both Sides
    Phil Collins - But Seriously
    Phil Collins - Seriously Live
    Pur - Abenteuerland
    Pur - Mächtig viel Theater
    Queen - Made In Heaven
    Robbie Williams - Escapology
    The Beatles - 1
    The Kelly Family - Almost Heaven
    Westernhagen - Affentheater
    Westernhagen - Radio Maria

    What do you think?
    Last edited by theMathematician; Mon June 17th, 2019 at 02:43.

  4. #179
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 11:35

    @theMathematician: 'Mensch' sold 1.2 mio copies in its first 3 weeks, becoming the fasting selling album ever:
    https://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/he...e-3119592.html

    In early 1994, Billboard Magazine named Phil Collins' 'Both Sides' the fastest-seling album ever in Germany. It sold 1 mio copies in three weeks:
    https://books.google.lu/books?hl=de&...sides&f=false:

  5. #180
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 13:10

    Thanks @Benny. You're really well-informed!

    Regarding 'Both Sides': I guess that refers to shipments rather than pure sales, right? I just don't see how it could've reached the 1 mio. in terms of sales up to week 3 when it spent its first 2 weeks at No. 1 behind an album that was already out for a while. My conclusion would be that it could've only gone there if its sales heavily increased in the weeks leading up to Christmas '93, possibly climaxing with 300k+ sales in the Christmas week.
    Last edited by theMathematician; Mon June 17th, 2019 at 14:08.

  6. #181

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 14:26

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    @theMathematician: 'Mensch' sold 1.2 mio copies in its first 3 weeks, becoming the fasting selling album ever:
    https://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/he...e-3119592.html

    In early 1994, Billboard Magazine named Phil Collins' 'Both Sides' the fastest-seling album ever in Germany. It sold 1 mio copies in three weeks:
    https://books.google.lu/books?hl=de&...sides&f=false:
    Really sold or "just" shipped? In the 90s Media Control counted the shipped units even if they weren't sold. Albums got Gold (250k) and Platinum (500k) certifications even because of shop orders. A friend of mine worked in a big and famous chain store and said that it was ridiculous that f.e. "American Pie" by Madonna got to No. 1 because every shop ordered a mass of copies but they nearly laid in the shelves like lead. If you counted the real sales of the single in all german stores of that chain, it must have been in the Top 10 but not No. 1, with real big saled difference compared to French Affair and Santana who should have been Top 2 in that week.

  7. #182
    Charter2000's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,537
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 16:58

    Quote Originally Posted by huhu78 View Post
    But monzo said: "Last week Rammstein's "Ausländer" was on top in Baveria, number 2 in Germany, but only 21 at German downloads, so Baverian charts also adds physical sales which is nice."

    Then it is not the best selling single but the single with the highest revenue, when physical sales have such an impact.
    I don't know much about the bavarian chart but they probably use the revenue method like the official charts. On the other hand, we don't exactly know how many "Ausländer"-EPs Rammstein sold, I mean, they sold 360k album and the download market size decreased, meaning an EP with high sales could actually sell more than the top downloaded songs in theory. Because looking at the charts, I don't think they excluded certain tracks but rather think that streams are not included at all, hence the big differences compared to the official chart, the lack of german rap songs, and the appearance of "Download only hits".

  8. #183
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Mon June 17th, 2019, 18:18

    Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Thanks @Benny. You're really well-informed!

    Regarding 'Both Sides': I guess that refers to shipments rather than pure sales, right? I just don't see how it could've reached the 1 mio. in terms of sales up to week 3 when it spent its first 2 weeks at No. 1 behind an album that was already out for a while. My conclusion would be that it could've only gone there if its sales heavily increased in the weeks leading up to Christmas '93, possibly climaxing with 300k+ sales in the Christmas week.
    Quote Originally Posted by huhu78 View Post
    Really sold or "just" shipped? In the 90s Media Control counted the shipped units even if they weren't sold. Albums got Gold (250k) and Platinum (500k) certifications even because of shop orders. A friend of mine worked in a big and famous chain store and said that it was ridiculous that f.e. "American Pie" by Madonna got to No. 1 because every shop ordered a mass of copies but they nearly laid in the shelves like lead. If you counted the real sales of the single in all german stores of that chain, it must have been in the Top 10 but not No. 1, with real big saled difference compared to French Affair and Santana who should have been Top 2 in that week.
    Definitely shipped and not sold, though Billboard Magazine and other sources always used the word 'sold'.

    Real first week sales figures have only been revealed in the past 15 years. Here are some record-breaking first week sales of that period:

    1) Helene Fischer - Helene Fischer - 300k (May 2017); best first week sales since 'Mensch'
    2) Herbert Grönemeyer - 12 - between 263k and 300k (March 2007)
    3) Adele - 25 - 263k (November 2015) including 88k downloads; best first week sales since '12'
    4) Rammstein - Rammstein - 260k (May 2019); best first week sales for a band this millennium
    5) ACDC - Rock or Bust - 246k (December 2014); best first week sales in 7 years
    6) ACDC - Black Ice - 230k (October 2008)
    Last edited by Benny; Mon June 17th, 2019 at 18:34.

  9. #184
    AshDeluxe's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    19 Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,020
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Sat June 29th, 2019, 12:23

    German Pop 40: (German chart without German rap songs, compiled by myself)

    01 NEU 01 Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello Señorita 1 2
    02 01 01 13 Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus Old Town Road 1 3
    03 02 02 07 Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber I Don't Care 1 4
    04 03 04 13 Billie Eilish Bad Guy 2 11
    05 05 07 07 Meduza, Goodboys Piece Of Your Heart 5 12
    06 04 03 11 Sarah Connor Vincent 3 15
    07 06 05 18 Daddy Yankee, Snow Con calma 1 16
    08 07 06 11 Avicii, Aloe Blacc SOS 4 23
    09 09 17 05 Martin Garrix, Macklemore, Patrick Stump Summer Days 9 25
    10 08 08 16 Mabel Don't Call Me Up 4 26
    11 13 16 05 Ed Sheeran, Chance The Rapper, PnB Rock Cross Me 10 27
    12 17 22 05 OneRepublic Rescue Me 17 31
    13 14 23 03 R3HAB, A Touch Of Class All Around The World (La La La) 14 32
    14 27 36 03 Pedro Capo, Farruko Calma 27 34
    15 24 27 05 Robin Schulz, Harloe All This Love 24 35
    16 16 - 02 Taylor Swift You Need To Calm Down 16 36
    17 11 11 17 Jonas Brothers Sucker 8 38
    18 10 12 13 Lewis Capaldi Someone You Loved 8 39
    19 19 24 09 Dominic Fike 3 Nights 19 40
    20 18 14 08 Shawn Mendes If I Can't Have You 8 42
    21 30 - 02 YouNotUs, Janieck, Senex Narcotic 30 46
    22 37 - 02 DJ Snake, J Balvin, Tyga Loco Contigo 37 47
    23 15 10 13 Rammstein Deutschland 1 51
    24 21 15 08 Michael Schulte Back To The Start 15 53
    25 26 28 04 Vize Glad You Came 26 54
    26 12 09 06 Rammstein Ausländer 2 55
    27 20 19 08 Dennis Lloyd Never Go Back 19 56
    28 NEU 01 Drake, Rick Ross Money In The Grave 28 57
    29 25 18 17 Imagine Dragons Bad Liar 4 62
    30 22 20 11 Lena Don't Lie To Me 14 63
    31 39 34 04 Katy Perry Never Really Over 26 64
    32 WE 30 03 The Chainsmokers Call You Mine 30 65
    33 23 21 39 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Shallow 2 67
    34 28 25 36 Ava Max Sweet But Psycho 1 68
    35 NEU 01 Adel Tawil, Peachy Tu m'appelles 35 71
    36 34 31 14 The Prince Karma Later Bitches 15 72
    37 NEU 01 Gamper & Dadoni, Emily Roberts Bittersweet Symphony 37 73
    38 WE 38 03 Nico Santos Unforgettable 38 74
    39 33 - 02 YG, Tyga, Jon Z Go Loko 33 75
    40 36 32 54 Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino In My Mind 1 77

  10. #185
    Charter2000's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,537
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Mon July 1st, 2019, 13:06

    Top 50 Spotify streams Year-to-date (week 1 - week 26 2019)
    Multiple versions of one song combined

    01 54,2 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road
    02 50,6 Capital Bra - Prinzessa
    03 48,7 Capital Bra - Benzema
    04 46,3 Capital Bra - Cherry Lady
    05 45,8 Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho
    06 45,7 MERO - Wolke 10
    07 43,4 MERO - Hobby Hobby
    08 41,2 Juju - Vermissen
    09 39,9 KC Rebell - DNA
    10 37,7 Shirin David - Gib Ihm
    11 37,3 MERO - Baller los
    12 35,3 Daddy Yankee - Con Calma
    13 35,3 Ariana Grande - 7 rings
    14 34,9 Eno - Ferrari
    15 34,9 Billie Eilish - bad guy
    16 34,7 Capital Bra - Wir ticken
    17 32,8 Fero47 - JAJA
    18 32,8 Post Malone - Wow.
    19 32,2 Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
    20 31,8 Eno - Blackberry Sky
    21 31,5 C ARMA - Yapma
    22 31,4 Bonez MC - 500 PS
    23 31,3 Shindy - DODI
    24 31,0 Samra - Wieder Lila
    25 30,2 Robin Schulz - Speechless (feat. Erika Sirola)
    26 29,9 Dardan - Coco Mama
    27 29,6 Shindy - Affalterbach
    28 29,5 Sido - Tausend Tattoos
    29 29,4 Capital Bra - Rolex
    30 29,4 KitschKrieg - Standard (feat. Trettmann, Gringo, Ufo361 & Gzuz)
    31 29,2 Bausa - Mary
    32 29,1 Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
    33 27,1 KC Rebell - Alleen
    34 26,3 Halsey - Without Me
    35 26,0 Dynoro - In My Mind
    36 25,5 LX - HaifischNikez Allstars
    37 25,1 Samra - Harami
    38 25,1 Ufo361 - Pass auf wen du liebst
    39 24,5 Capital Bra - Capital Bra je m'appelle
    40 24,0 Fero47 - Puerto Rico
    41 23,8 Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
    42 23,5 Shindy - Nautilus
    43 23,4 Ed Sheeran - I Don't Care (with Justin Bieber)
    44 23,0 Calvin Harris - Giant (with Rag'n'Bone Man)
    45 22,4 Avicii - SOS (feat. Aloe Blacc)
    46 22,0 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
    47 21,7 Lady Gaga - Shallow
    48 21,6 Gaullin - Moonlight
    49 21,3 Azet - Fragen
    50 21,2 Kontra K - Blei (feat. Veysel)

  11. #186
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Sun August 4th, 2019, 21:58

    German monster seller 'Stadtaffe' is still charting at No. 85 in Germany this week. Besides Abba's 'Gold' and 'Die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder', it's one of the biggest catalogue sellers out there. Considering that the German Albums Chart's ranking goes by revenue and the fact that 'Stadtaffe' has to be heavily discounted everywhere by now, it should be selling ~ 2k copies per week now. In fact, I'm not sure whether the album has ever sold less than 1k copies in any week so far - and we're talking about an 11-year-old album. It reached 13x gold in 2016, but I bet that it's eligible for 7x platinum by now... All those big catalogue sellers (Santiano's debut album, Amy Winehouse's Back to Black, Helene Fischer's 'Best Of', Nirvana's 'Nevermind', the aforementioned two albums, Rammstein's backcatalogue,...) are in need of recertifications if you ask me!
    ~ representing the LBC ~

  12. #187
    jszmiles's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    02 Jan 2004
    Location
    Radom / Warsaw [POLAND]
    Posts
    40,171
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

  13. #188
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 11:27

    All-time longest charting albums (300 weeks+):
    Andrea Berg - Best Of 349 weeks
    Helene Fischer - Best Of 349 weeks
    ABBA - Gold 329 weeks
    Simone Sommerland, Karsten Glück & Die Kita-Frösche - die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder 312 weeks

    All 4 are basically hit collection and considering that the latter 3 have still been charting in 2019, Andrea Berg's record may soon end up getting broken by one of those.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

  14. #189
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 11:45

    Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    All-time longest charting albums (300 weeks+):
    Andrea Berg - Best Of 349 weeks
    Helene Fischer - Best Of 349 weeks
    ABBA - Gold 329 weeks
    Simone Sommerland, Karsten Glück & Die Kita-Frösche - die 30 besten Spiel- und Bewegungslieder 312 weeks

    All 4 are basically hit collection and considering that the latter 3 have still been charting in 2019, Andrea Berg's record may soon end up getting broken by one of those.
    Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' has a total of 336 weeks, 'The Beatles 1962-1966' 320 weeks and 'The Beatles 1967-1970' 312 weeks. The Album Chart wasn't published weekly at the time those albums were released, but you get these figures if you convert all monthly and half-monthly charts into weekly ones. What is even more impressive is the fact that the Album Chart only became a top 100 in 1989, which means that these albums would have even higher totals if the chart had been a top 100 in the 70s and 80s.

  15. #190
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 11:46

    Thanks for your additional information, Benny!
    ~ representing the LBC ~

  16. #191
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 11:47

    Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Thanks for your additional information, Benny!
    You're welcome!

  17. #192
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 20:55

    LeppDaddy did a great statistical analysis of the German Albums Chart 7 years ago:
    https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...-weekly-Top-10

    It would be great to get an updated version (though I know that it's a hell lot of work)!

  18. #193
    Charter2000's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,537
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 16:56

    Important News!

    Since the beginning of August, a new chart rule for the german singles chart is in place. This rule should prevent lots of album tracks from one artist (particularly german rap acts) entering the charts the week after an album is released. This is what the rule says:

    - All album tracks released before the album release date are still allowed to chart after the album release
    - On the day of the album release, labels will be able to announce one album track as a "focus track" that will also be allowed to chart
    - All tracks despite the focus track and tracks released earlier will be banned from the chart but only for two weeks
    - After that, all album tracks will be able to chart again

    The new rule will show impact for the first time today. Lots of tracks of the new album by german rapper Ufo361 would normally chart but will be banned. Checking the Spotify charts for the last days, I guess that at least 6 tracks, maybe even 7 or 8, that would normally chart inside the Top 100 will be banned.

  19. #194

    by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 18:48

    Thanks for the update.
    It took a very long time to make the decission to change something, but I'm not sure if this makes sense.
    Last edited by conan17; Sat August 17th, 2019 at 17:21.

  20. #195
    Benny's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2009
    Location
    .eu
    Posts
    24,017
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 09:40

    Quote Originally Posted by Charter2000 View Post
    Important News!

    Since the beginning of August, a new chart rule for the german singles chart is in place. This rule should prevent lots of album tracks from one artist (particularly german rap acts) entering the charts the week after an album is released. This is what the rule says:

    - All album tracks released before the album release date are still allowed to chart after the album release
    - On the day of the album release, labels will be able to announce one album track as a "focus track" that will also be allowed to chart
    - All tracks despite the focus track and tracks released earlier will be banned from the chart but only for two weeks
    - After that, all album tracks will be able to chart again

    The new rule will show impact for the first time today. Lots of tracks of the new album by german rapper Ufo361 would normally chart but will be banned. Checking the Spotify charts for the last days, I guess that at least 6 tracks, maybe even 7 or 8, that would normally chart inside the Top 100 will be banned.
    Thanks for the update, that rule was long overdue!

  21. #196
    theMathematician's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    31 May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    by » Sat August 17th, 2019, 10:08

    Are the 'focus tracks' the singles from each album or is that something else?
    ~ representing the LBC ~

  22. #197
    Charter2000's Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    16 Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,537
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    by » Sun August 18th, 2019, 14:27

    Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Are the 'focus tracks' the singles from each album or is that something else?
    The "focus track" is an album track that is allowed to chart even though it wasn't released before. The label decides which track that is but they have to decide it on release day, not later on. In case a single is released together with the album, the single will probably be chosen as the focus track. All tracks released earlier are allowed to chart either way.

    In the case of Ufo361, the previously released songs are charting right now on #7, #20, #30, #63 (RE), #65 (RE), #70 (RE), #81 (RE). In addition to that, the track "Lost" was chosen as the focus track, debuting on #18. That is still a total of 8 tracks charting but the album has a total of 17 tracks and according to the weekly Spotify streaming numbers, probably all 9 remaining album tracks would normally have charted inside the Top 100 but were banned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •