Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: German Charts Thread 2019: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

by » Sat August 24th, 2019, 18:24

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Looking at their discography, they've never really been a thing in Germany - one gold plaque and that's it. So yeah, one No. 1 album is good in the books even though it was only made possibly through the combination of a slow sales week and expensive editions...
    I prefer a No. 1 because of expensive editions more than a No. 1 because of manipulated streaming numbers.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 13:58

So Capital Bra is to get his 17th German Number 1 Single this Week?

It is called 'Nummer 1'.

The other 16 were:

"5 Songs in einer Nacht", "Neymar", "One Night Stand", "Berlin lebt" ,"Für euch alle", "Melodien", "Roli Glitzer Glitzer", "Benzema", "Prinzessa" ,"DNA", "Wir ticken" ,"Cherry Lady", "Wieder Lila", "Royal Rumble", "Tilidin". "Zombie".

I keep seeing him being called 'The most successful German Chart Artist of All Time'.

However, he tends not to stay at No.1 for very long. It is obvious that it's the way the German Singles
    Chart is compiled these days, that gives a big 'New' Artist a big advantage. Then we have Helene Fischer,
    who genuinely has talent, and she is huge in the German Album Chart, but not so in the Singles Chart
    - apart from that huge No.3 Hit that she had a few Years ago - 'Atemlos durch die Nacht', which is now
    Germany's 2nd All Time Hit, based on Points in the Top 100...

However, I find it very sad, that Capital Bra has now had more German No.1 Singles than even The Beatles,
    who had 11 - or 12 - depending if you count the English and German 'I Want To Hold Your Hand', as 2 No.1's...

How long has Capital Bra spent in the German Singles Chart Top 10 - so far? The Beatles managed
    302 German Singles Chart Top 10 Weeks...

One Site gives The Beatles 39 Weeks at No.1 in the German Singles Chart. Another Site says
    that their Singles were No.1 there for 44 Weeks. Vdoerken's Site says they had 47 Weeks at No.1,
    in the German Singles Chart. Whichever German Chart Site, you look at, The Beatles are way ahead
    of Capital Bra, who will have 22 German No.1 Singles Weeks, when 'Nummer 1' is confirmed as a
    German No.1.

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Wed August 28th, 2019 at 20:34.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 18:04

Which acts had more # 1s in any country than Capital Bra already have in Germany ?
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 19:09

Quote Originally Posted by LastDreamer View Post
    Which acts had more # 1s in any country than Capital Bra already have in Germany ?
    I guess AKB48 in Japan

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 20:15

Yes AKBC48 are leading worldwide. It's hard to compare them to anyone else due to the fact that the Japanese market is so frontloaded - you won't have an album charting in the top 10 for 80 weeks there - but they are as successful in Japan as Helene Fischer in the GAS-countries. Besides, Mariah Carey also scored 18 No. 1 singles in the US.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 20:48

Quote Originally Posted by zeus555 View Post

It is called 'Nummer 1'.

The other 16 were:

"5 Songs in einer Nacht", "Neymar", "One Night Stand", "Berlin lebt" ,"Für euch alle", "Melodien", "Roli Glitzer Glitzer", "Benzema", "Prinzessa" ,"DNA", "Wir ticken" ,"Cherry Lady", "Wieder Lila", "Royal Rumble", "Tilidin". "Zombie".

I keep seeing him being called 'The most successful German Chart Artist of All Time'.

However, he tends not to stay at No.1 for very long. It is obvious that the way the German Singles
    Chart is compiled these days, that gives a big 'New' Artist a big advantage. Then we have Helene Fischer,
    who genuinely has talent, and she is huge in the German Album Chart, but not so in the Singles Chart
    - apart from that huge No.3 Hit that he had a few Years ago - 'Atemlos durch die Nacht', which is now
    Germany's 2nd All Time Hit, based on Points in the Top 100...

However, I find it very sad, that Capital Bra has now had more German No.1 Singles than even The Beatles,
    who had 11 - or 12 - depending if you count the English and German 'I Want To Hold Your Hand', as 2 No.1's...

How long has Capital Bra spent in the German Singles Chart Top 10 - so far? The Beatles managed
    302 German Singles Chart Top 10 Weeks...

One Site gives The Beatles 39 Weeks at No.1 in the German Singles Chart. Another Site says
    that their Singles were No.1 there for 44 Weeks. Vdoerken's Site says they had 47 Weeks at No.1,
    in the German Singles Chart. Whichever German Chart Site, you look at, The Beatles are way ahead
    of Capital Bra, who will have 22 German No.1 Singles Weeks, when 'Nummer 1' is confirmed as a
    German No.1.

Zeus555

I think a simple points based system is not well-balanced. The system of charts compiling and the way of consuming music changes every now and then. In the 50s and 60s charts were published once a month (counting 4 or 5 weeks) and twice a month (counting 2 or 3 weeks), so a No.1 in the 50s was on top for at least 4 weeks. In the second half of the 80s the songs had a short longevity, in the late 70s and early 90s a very long longevity, same when downloads began to count and had more impact than nowadays. These eras - in my opinion - have to be weighted accurately because it is not a sign for the quality of music, just system / consume based. In my All Time Charts Helene is at No.34, but it's the best song never reached the No.1 Spot.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

by » Wed August 28th, 2019, 20:49

Yes, the Japanese 'Crowd', AKB 48 have had 31 No.1 Hits in the Global Charts. It is the most
    by any Act. Madonna and Elvis Presley are 2nd with 22 Global No.1's each . However, AKB 48
    only get to No.1 due to really big Japanese Sales in Week 1. In Week 2 their Singles are unable
    to stay at No.1. That's why their 31 No.1's have only spent 31 Weeks at No.1. Madonna's 22
    were No.1 for 137 Weeks. Elvis's 22 were No.1 for 130 Weeks. The Beatles are the Act with
    the 4th most Global No.1's - 21. But they have the most Global No.1 Weeks - 162.

Capital Bra is hardly known outside Germany, Austria and Switzerland. He obviously finds it so
    easy, to have German No.1 Singles, that it is a big unknown, how many more he can achieve,
    before he either retires, has a huge scandal that destroys his Career, or for his German Fans
    to start to lose all interest in him. No Act is huge forever. Hopefully, the over-rated 'One' will
    start to fade away, before too many more Months have gone by...He does not deserve to be
    Germany's 'Most Successful Chart Act'...

Zeus555

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 09:45

I think what makes it even harder is that theoretically a song could be the best selling single of the month without ever being at number one on the weekly charts.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 10:06

Is it only streaming effect (like that hilarious US # 1 album, which got 99 % points from streaming and sold only 600 copies) or Capital Bra also had good sales numbers (at least for the first week of each single release) ?

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Thu August 29th, 2019, 12:04

AnnenMayKanntereit's 'Schlagschatten' just received gold for 100k+ copies shipped. As it has charted for 37 weeks and was in the top 10 during the Christmas weeks, I would've expected platinum at this stage. Were sales lower than usual during the Christmas season '18 or is the album's good chrt run related to it being sold for a higher than usual price?
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Fri August 30th, 2019, 18:57

Quote Originally Posted by LastDreamer View Post
    Is it only streaming effect (like that hilarious US # 1 album, which got 99 % points from streaming and sold only 600 copies) or Capital Bra also had good sales numbers (at least for the first week of each single release) ?
    He also has good debut weeks downloadwise. Of course streaming is what pushes him to #1 but at least the tracks with him as the main artist would always chart inside the Top 5 if the chart was based on downloads only. I'm actually still tracking the german itunes chart on a daily basis and try to calculate my own weekly charts and I quickly looked up my data for this years releases. I do not track the official download chart but the positions should be very similar.

So these are the first week positions on my itunes chart for Capitals 2019 releases that went to #1 on the official singles chart:

Prinzessa: #4
    DNA: #13 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Wir ticken: #4
    Cherry Lady: #1
    Wieder Lila: #11 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Royal Rumble: #40 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)
    Tilidin: #4
    Zombie: #8 (Capital Bra only as featured artist)

I will calculate the data for "Nummer 1" during the next hours and edit this post. As gfk posted on their website, "Nummer 1" reached #1 only with a small margin. "Roller" was actually the most streamed song of the week on Spotify and this time the lead in sales probably pushed Capital to #1.

//edit: "Nummer 1" is #12 on my weekly itunes chart, weaker performance than the other tracks with him in the lead or his Samra features. Apache is #35 based on downloads so sales actually saved that #1 for "Nummer 1".
    Last edited by Charter2000; Fri August 30th, 2019 at 21:51.

Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by » Sat August 31st, 2019, 00:31

The german charts are a joke now. No wonder this thread no longer has any activity

by » Sat August 31st, 2019, 08:09

It seems like it's all about the artist and not about the song any longer and the people don't want to listen to one song for longer than 2 or 3 weeks before they get bored by it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

by » Sat August 31st, 2019, 10:10

Yes AKBC48 are leading worldwide. It's hard to compare them to anyone else due to the fact that the Japanese market is so frontloaded - you won't have an album charting in the top 10 for 80 weeks there - but they are as successful in Japan as Helene Fischer in the GAS-countries. Besides, Mariah Carey also scored 18 No. 1 singles in the US.
    Mariah 18 and The Beatles 20 #1 ones in the US are just for the Hot 100 era, overall Crosby has 41 #1 in the US.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

by » Sat August 31st, 2019, 11:16

Hmm I have never heard a Capital bra song
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

by » Sat August 31st, 2019, 14:01

AnnenMayKanntereit's 'Schlagschatten' just received gold for 100k+ copies shipped. As it has charted for 37 weeks and was in the top 10 during the Christmas weeks, I would've expected platinum at this stage. Were sales lower than usual during the Christmas season '18 or is the album's good chrt run related to it being sold for a higher than usual price?
    Well CD albums werde crashing down 20% in 2018
    and another 12% in the first half of 2019.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon September 2nd, 2019, 12:32

But certs do not only go by physical sales but also consider digital and streaming sales. Is that really the answer to the issue?

-----

Here's my assumption of the No. 1 albums of the next 5 weeks:
    Peter Maffay - jetzt!
    Mert - Boxerschnitt
    Peter Maffay - jetzt!
    Sirin David - Supersize
    Deichkind - Wer sagt denn das?

What do you think about this?
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Tue September 3rd, 2019, 14:18

Afaik albums do not get certifications automatically, labels have to request them. So if an album gets a certification, it doesn't mean the album just crossed the sales number needed for that cert. Don't know if that's what happened here but just to keep in mind in general.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Tue September 3rd, 2019, 14:28

Thanks, @Charter2000. Of course, it could've been shipped anything between 100k and 199k times. The only thing we can be sure of is that its shipments haven't been higher than 199k, since no label would apply for a lower than necessary cert on purpos, would they?
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Fri September 6th, 2019, 00:40

From the top 100 from exactly 2 years ago, 47 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 29x platinum, 14x multi-platinum, 3 x 1 mio.+ and 1x 2 mio.+.
    From the top 100 from exactly 5 years ago, 59 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 41x platinum, 20x multi-platinum, 6x 1 mio.+ and 3x 2 mio.+.
    From the top 100 from exactly 10 years ago, 61 albums would end up gaining a certification, including: 42x platinum, 22x multi-platinum, 8x 1 mio.+ and 2x 2 mio.+.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by » Mon September 16th, 2019, 15:06

A good indicator for the health of the German albums market (especially in the Schlager segment): Fantasy's 'Eine Nacht im Paradies' reached 3x gold for 300k copies+ shipped. Released in 2014, the album was able to achieve this despite charting in the top 10 for one week (No. 1) and on the whole chart for 27 weeks. The album must have been sold low quantities for a loooong time...

-----

'High & Hungrig II' was certified with platinum for 200k+ copies shipped. That's fine, but I'm desperately waiting for a cert for 'Palmen aus Plastik' since it's one of the all-time longest charting hip hop albums in Germany (111 weeks!). Do you believe that it's eligible for at least 5x gold (=500k copies shipped)?
    Last edited by theMathematician; Mon September 16th, 2019 at 17:11.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Roadie
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by » Fri October 11th, 2019, 20:57

Quote Originally Posted by zeus555 View Post
    Already 18 number ones. "110" spent 2 weeks on the top.