Superstar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 23:29

The remix drama is such a minor thing, y’all

Of course JD is an egomaniac,
    that attitude of his is a feature not a bug in a competitive industry, and instrumental to making him who he is

The tea he served is the tea a few of us have spiller since No. 1 to Infinity, and that’s the fact that Epic does the least for MC

As a true believer in MC, when she delivers a very solid album and everyone is in her court again, and the label stays investing the minimum instead of taking risks on a known quantity, it’s frustrating

The shoestring video budgets when audio streaming isn’t guaranteed and videos do the trick for artists like Beyoncé, the lack of effort in securing a good collaborator for a remix, the lack of even bothering to have her singles remixed by others, sending her pop songs to adult contemporary radio when “the star” they ain’t, okaying the second single, hearing “A No No” and “8th Grade” and not releasing them from the jump, I could go on and on (“Bliss”)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 01:59

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Thus far, the promo for ANN has been non-existent. I know she's on tour but she's not even making calls w/ radio stations and...
    Something that I haven't seen anyone appreciate or even really comment on is that Mariah has stopped talking to the press entirely in the past few months which is highly unusual for her especially considering she has a tour and single to promote.

Now why is that?

It's just a hunch, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that Mariah is currently embroiled in multiple outrageous, salacious lawsuits with at least two treacherous con artists conducting a years-long mission to extort and steal every last cent they possibly can from Mariah while threatening her with kompromat and actively trying to ruin her life.

It's been fortunate that so far Mariah's situation hasn't gone much further than the tabloids and random web articles, but all it takes is one interviewer to ask about the "SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AND ABUSE ALLEGATIONS" at the wrong time, especially in the current cultural climate. All things considered, I think Mariah and her team have done an admirable job containing this situation and getting the public to pay more attention to her tour and single and not so much how completely fucked up her life is.

Anyways, enough of that derail, let me get back on topic *ahem*:

What an atrocious remix, I mean it's frankly insulting how she takes her fans for granted even though we've stuck by her and forgiven her for not giving us a #1 song in over 10 years, I mean come on, she owes us, but it's as if our validation isn't even that important to her and her team anymore - they either all just suck at their jobs or they've gotten arrogant and lazy, hell, probably both, I mean what other explanation is there everyone knows how easy it is to get big hit pop songs and how there's nothing more important for women pushing 50 than being popular and relevant with teenagers, it really should be the focus of her life and I think that ***voice gradually gets higher and more chimpunk-like until it's completely inaudible***
    Last edited by JBHunkamunka; Sat March 16th, 2019 at 02:44.
    "Hello, is this Judy Funnie, the actress? You don't know me but I'm a very famous producer. J.B. Hunkamunka."

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 02:38

No, before she calls for the interview, artists and their management teams make deals with the stations and interviewers. They could have easily forbid any lawsuit question.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 02:48

Quote Originally Posted by jbhunkamunka View Post
    what an atrocious remix, i mean it's frankly insulting how she takes her fans for granted even though we've stuck by her and forgiven her for not giving us a #1 song in over 10 years, i mean come on, she owes us, but it's as if our validation isn't even that important to her and her team anymore - they either all just suck at their jobs or they've gotten arrogant and lazy, hell, probably both, i mean what other explanation is there everyone knows how easy it is to get big hit pop songs and how there's nothing more important for women pushing 50 than being popular and relevant with teenagers, it really should be the focus of her life and i think that ***voice gradually gets higher and more chimpunk-like until it's completely inaudible***

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:18

A No No

iTunes:
    #1 Azerbaijan
    #6 Philippines
    #7 Fiji
    #8 Argentina
    #11 Brazil
    #11 Finland
    #16 Chile
    #18 Hungary
    #19 Slovakia
    #24 Hong Kong
    #25 Sweden
    #31 Indonesia
    #34 Israel
    #44 Spain
    #50 Taiwan
    #58 Ireland
    #66 United Kingdom
    #75 Mexico
    #85 Belgium
    #88 United States
    #99 France
    #107 Singapore
    #123 Australia
    #125 Denmark
    #125 Netherlands
    #156 Canada
    #164 Thailand
    #184 New Zealand
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:21

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Do you have the numbers (1st week) from GTFO & With You?
    Unfortunately no ...
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:23

Quote Originally Posted by Marchum View Post
    No, before she calls for the interview, artists and their management teams make deals with the stations and interviewers. They could have easily forbid any lawsuit question.
    That is 100% true.

And it's also 100% true that radio station jocks are uniformally notable for their class, restraint, and good taste, and can be counted on not to get cute and broach topics to make their subject uncomfortable just because they enjoy being assholes. There's no reason for caution, really.
    "Hello, is this Judy Funnie, the actress? You don't know me but I'm a very famous producer. J.B. Hunkamunka."

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:24

GTFO has now gained 8mil views whereas With You is pushing towards 7mil on Youtube.

ANN needs a bit more momentum to reach 3mil.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:42

Worldwide iTunes Song Chart - 2019/03/15

44 NEW Mariah Carey - A No No

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:53

I really didn't realize how music sales have tumbled overall.

Damn... only one person in the entire Philippines bought the A No No remix on iTunes.
    Last edited by Cyclone; Sat March 16th, 2019 at 04:00.

Manager
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 03:56

I guess the backlash really affected the performance of the remix on iTunes. It didn't even reach top 60. I don't see why people are so disappointed with Mariah and her team. She never promised anything about Cardi B and Lil Kim being involved. We knew a remix was coming but nothing was confirmed as to who will be with her on the remix. I don't find the remix outstanding but I don't see the need for people to attack Stefflon Don. I bet if she makes it big, some fans will be like "Mariah collaborated with her even before she was famous." And claim Mariah is a factor as to why the artist made it big. Blah blah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 05:23

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
    Jermaine is just an egotistical dumbass
    What did he say that was egotistical?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 05:25

Quote Originally Posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    It's on the extended single, right between Where I Belong and Touch The Sky.
    What are Where I Belong and Touch the Sky?

Legend
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 09:44

ANN remix featuring Mary J blige, would be another empowering moment
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 11:15

Clearly the fans have spoken. This is not what they asked for.

Keep streaming anyway to improve the odds for ANN and the album itself.

Quote Originally Posted by musiclover2174 View Post
    I guess the backlash really affected the performance of the remix on iTunes. It didn't even reach top 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Damn... only one person in the entire Philippines bought the A No No remix on iTunes.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 12:37

Quote Originally Posted by ReubenWalton View Post
    What are Where I Belong and Touch the Sky?
    Both are phantom songs that were discussed by Mariah/Media but were shelved at some point in development.

Legend
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 12:46

Yesterday...

Urban
    Taking Off:

2 new station; 30 new spins
    Spincrease:
    22 stations playing; +84 spins

Rhythmic
    Taking Off:

1 new station; 7 new spins

Legend
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 12:49

meh, Urban whassup? I mean, spin this 3,000 times already. And Rhythmic... lol... I still hold a grudge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 14:41

What I'm seeing on my All Access

Urban
    Taking Off:

3 new station; 27 new spins
    Spincrease:

29 stations playing; +103 spins

Rhythmic
    Taking Off:

1 new station; 9 new spins
    Spincrease:
    17 stations playing; +58 spins

Urban AC
    Spincrease:
    9 stations playing; +17 spins
    Last edited by sm3; Sat March 16th, 2019 at 15:00.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 15:29

Quote Originally Posted by JBHunkamunka View Post
    Something that I haven't seen anyone appreciate or even really comment on is that Mariah has stopped talking to the press entirely in the past few months which is highly unusual for her especially considering she has a tour and single to promote.

Now why is that?

It's just a hunch, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that Mariah is currently embroiled in multiple outrageous, salacious lawsuits with at least two treacherous con artists conducting a years-long mission to extort and steal every last cent they possibly can from Mariah while threatening her with kompromat and actively trying to ruin her life.

It's been fortunate that so far Mariah's situation hasn't gone much further than the tabloids and random web articles, but all it takes is one interviewer to ask about the "SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AND ABUSE ALLEGATIONS" at the wrong time, especially in the current cultural climate. All things considered, I think Mariah and her team have done an admirable job containing this situation and getting the public to pay more attention to her tour and single and not so much how completely fucked up her life is.

Anyways, enough of that derail, let me get back on topic *ahem*:

What an atrocious remix, I mean it's frankly insulting how she takes her fans for granted even though we've stuck by her and forgiven her for not giving us a #1 song in over 10 years, I mean come on, she owes us, but it's as if our validation isn't even that important to her and her team anymore - they either all just suck at their jobs or they've gotten arrogant and lazy, hell, probably both, I mean what other explanation is there everyone knows how easy it is to get big hit pop songs and how there's nothing more important for women pushing 50 than being popular and relevant with teenagers, it really should be the focus of her life and I think that ***voice gradually gets higher and more chimpunk-like until it's completely inaudible***
    Haha thank you!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 15:32

I love when Mariah has moderate success that makes me very happy, beyond that it is just a stupid popularity contest that Mariah is to damned good to play!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 15:33

I start to think that this Top 40 ( I really mean top 5) reach says ALOT more about the fan than Mariah.

Manager
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 16:17

Fans shouldnt attack the remix. We were never promised cardi b etc but turned a rumor into confirmarion and got let dowm. Stef verse was ok and it just came with no hype but oh well. Lets stream a no no remix and original
    Proceed with Caution