Thread: Music: A No No (+2nd remix?)

Roadie
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 00:03

Quote Originally Posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
    A NO NO (solo album version) has a better chance of being a hit than a remix featuring only Kim
    Probably, but I'm still hoping for a remix. I've already got the original and I'm just greedy like that.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 00:03

Both versions would stand the same chance of becoming a hit: slim to none.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 00:08

Quote Originally Posted by allygdale View Post
    An exciting video is something to look forward to and the person on set said it was four day shoot?
    That sounds exciting actually!! They said the film two videos, right? I have the feeling it will be one for the album version and one for the remix.
    Underneath The Stars

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 08:28

Why can't MC/her team do an album roll out normally, how they choose/treat singles? Gosh.

TTR is not the same as as WY. TTR lyrics n sound are still singable.

Manager
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 09:23

With you is singable, it's a very melodic song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 10:45

At this point, I'll accept whatever. Things have been TOO quiet in Mariah land, it's odd. She's about to embark on a tour yet there was nothing to promote it. All we know is that Billboard had confirmed that A No No will be sent for radio in March.

Also as I said in the past, if there is no confirmation - as in a OFFICIAL confirmation from Mariah Carey or the record label, do not ride on that hype only for things to turn out to be a rumor.

I posted that awhile back only to be lectured and told that, "All signs point to..., we know this.., etc". 🙄 Basically as if we are so sure that Cardi B would definitely be on it...
    Last edited by FinalThrottle; 11-02-19 at 10:46. Reason: More content.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 10:45

With you is singable, it's a very melodic song
    Underneath The Stars

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 10:48

[QUOTE=FinalThrottle;6980267]At this point, I'll accept whatever. Things have been TOO quiet in Mariah land, it's odd. She's about to embark on a tour yet there was nothing to promote it. All we know is that Billboard had confirmed that A No No will be sent for radio in March.

I really think it might be the calm before the storm. Maybe a mild one, but nevertheless, something is coming. Too many rumors and too much silence, so , for sure, something is coming!
    Underneath The Stars

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 11:07

Quote Originally Posted by Ashank View Post
    Why can't MC/her team do an album roll out normally, how they choose/treat singles? Gosh.
    The album was rolled out properly. It was her most professional album release in years. What some fans find hard to accept is that Mariah is a LEGACY artist now. Albums are recorded and released for fans and for opportunities to tour where the real money can be made.

No label nor Mariah herself are going to invest heavily in the promotion of an album that won't likely reap much rewards commercially. We got two music videos. The fact a third was shot and should get released is already more than I expected. The lead single has been a success at Adult radio. Those are the formats where artists like Mariah, who are almost 50 with a 30 year career under their belt, should seek to achieve success.

We are likely to get a second single released to radio so it has been a very good era for fans. You mightn't accept that if you are expecting hits and massive album sales. But that was NEVER on the cards for Mariah with this album.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 19:33

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    The album was rolled out properly. It was her most professional album release in years. What some fans find hard to accept is that Mariah is a LEGACY artist now. Albums are recorded and released for fans and for opportunities to tour where the real money can be made.

No label nor Mariah herself are going to invest heavily in the promotion of an album that won't likely reap much rewards commercially. We got two music videos. The fact a third was shot and should get released is already more than I expected. The lead single has been a success at Adult radio. Those are the formats where artists like Mariah, who are almost 50 with a 30 year career under their belt, should seek to achieve success.

We are likely to get a second single released to radio so it has been a very good era for fans. You mightn't accept that if you are expecting hits and massive album sales. But that was NEVER on the cards for Mariah with this album.
    For me as well, the album rolled out properly, just a little bit short. Honestly, I don't agree with the LEGACY act theory but of course I respect that you see it this way!

For me, I don't see it that way for several reasons. For me a LEGACY act is someone who doesn't put out new material but does albums made of covers, and specially in this case, written by herself, it means she still has something to give and creativity to explore and evolve. With this album Mariah is showing to be in full form ( at least in my eyes).
    Another aspect why I think she's not a LEGACY act is , I see the audience response when she does things right and that means there is demand for her and her art.
    The age thing I don't agree neither. A LEGACY act can be someone on their 20's If they have nothing to bring to the table anymore and have a few hits that allow them to live from.
    Perfect example of a person who's Not a LEGACY act even though he's around Mariah's age and has hits to live from is JZ (49)
    even older than her and still making new and successful music.
    I know that If they would have treated GTFO as a real single it would have charted, maybe not high, but people loved it and was trending and it just needed a push and would have cracked the Hot 100 for sure. Even Infinity did cracked that list.
    She just came from the Christmas Tour in Europe and was successful and now , just a few months after she comes back with new material , it seems to be selling ok.
    To my eyes, even If the album 's rollout was perfectly fine , there wasn't much promotion for the singles or album after a few weeks. People need to be reminded that the album and songs exists in this day and age. Otherwise , they forget and go to the next artist. I know it does cost money to bring someone to sing on TV but I think the company looses even more money ignoring a project and not promoting it, when to produce it and create it costed a tone of money to start with
    Underneath The Stars

Legend
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 11-02-19, 21:46

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    I think it's gonna be just a Mariah x Kim rmx, tbh.
    If that's the case, I prefer a solo version.

I'm totally here for some hot dance remixes tho.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 06:27

Has Mariah never collabed w/ Kim before? Interesting.

Mariah still can sell better w/ better rollout n singles thats my point. Not even expecting top ten singles or platinum like you keep repeating to answer me lol.

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 08:58

I think the one thing about ANN remix with the huge female lineup is that a lot of people were already behind the song before even hearing it. It reminded me of #Beautiful when people were already sold just knowing Miguel and Mariah were collabing.

Hopefully people wont be too disappointed OR...that disappointment fuel everyone to get their butts in the studio together

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 09:42

Quote Originally Posted by Ashank View Post
    Has Mariah never collabed w/ Kim before? Interesting.

Mariah still can sell better w/ better rollout n singles thats my point. Not even expecting top ten singles or platinum like you keep repeating to answer me lol.
    Im also surprised mariah didnt collab with kim back in the day as well. Better late than never
    Proceed with Caution

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 10:37

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    I think the one thing about ANN remix with the huge female lineup is that a lot of people were already behind the song before even hearing it:
    the hype surrounding the potential collabo was Big!

not only was it a strong lineup, the song itself is strong too.

we will never know of what could've been
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Roadie
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 11:55

True
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Roadie
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 14:01

+1000

However, we do get another video and that's great. Some of the older ladies only get one proper vid nowadays.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 20:46

Quote Originally Posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
    +1000

However, we do get another video and that's great. Some of the older ladies only get one proper vid nowadays.
    So true!! I'm actually very excited for the new single and the video. It's a real shame we don't have Cardi B on the track, but we have a Mariah video, the era is not over and we have the tour to look up too.
    They should squeeze that album though... So Good!!
    Underneath The Stars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 21:15

Call me delusional but I still think Cardi's on it. It sounds too much like her voice in the clip. Or maybe she was a part of it and sent her verse but for legal version they scrapped it after all? Who knows at this point.

At least the video is coming soon, right? Then we can finally clarify what was heard in this clip. If not Cardi, it was probably Kim's verse and she is not as autotuned as usually. Which is a good thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 23:34

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Call me delusional but I still think Cardi's on it. It sounds too much like her voice in the clip. Or maybe she was a part of it and sent her verse but for legal version they scrapped it after all? Who knows at this point.

At least the video is coming soon, right? Then we can finally clarify what was heard in this clip. If not Cardi, it was probably Kim's verse and she is not as autotuned as usually. Which is a good thing!
    I do too. It sounded like her. Then again, who knows (spoiler: nobody!).

Either way, I'm thinking we'll get the potential remix dropped on download/streaming formats the week after the Oscars (in 3 weeks... on Friday, March 1st... during the first week of the Caution World Tour). The label probably strategically waited for this date to avoid the Ariana Grande Thank U, Next album rollout/singles (to avoid the inevitable comparisons between the two artists) and to avoid the Grammys sales influence in music as well as the Oscars sales bump for A Star is Born's music. I could be wrong, but it makes sense. Not a whole lot of artists have released new music yet this year, probably for similar reasons. Also, it makes sense to launch a new single during the first week of the launch of the tour. (and we already know its going for radio adds on March 4th).

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 12-02-19, 23:49

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post

There's something that makes me think she is too, but I rather tell myself she's not, cause i don't want to be disappointed
    Underneath The Stars

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 09:22

For those wondering, this is the clip being referenced:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 12:57

How can anyone hear the clip and still say there is no remix coming? We can clearly hear the A No No beat and a female rap. Sounds identical to Cardi but I'm not ruling Kim out either.

Legend
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 13:42

the audio is so poor.

anyways...
    it's freaken the middle of February and NO official news about ANN!
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 13-02-19, 18:14

the audio is so poor.

anyways...
    it's freaken the middle of February and NO official news about ANN!
    Maybe she will spill the beans during tonight's show in Vegas! Fingers crossed !!!