User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music: A No No (Radio Release: March 4th)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 04-02-19, 23:32

EXCITED that we FINALLY got some news on the CAUTION Era!!!!!

So it's been confirmed that "A No No" is officially the next single and being sent out to radio on March 4th!!!

I know some of you are complaining, thinking that this is too long to wait, but honestly its smart. February is too distracting of a month to release a new single, between the Super Bowl, The Grammys and The Oscars all taking place during the month.

PLUS!!! ...singles don't necessarily get sent out to radio the same time as they become available for download/streaming... not always anyway. So, we could potentially get the new "A No No" Remix (and the video) by Valentine's Day or even the last week of February before it ships out to radio. Either way, I can't wait now that I know its an official movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 00:09

As 24fanatic indicated spngs are released and sent to radio more than a month after so im guessing we can expect the single release soon. Hope they push on more formats although i dont see it getting any play from pop. Still excited that we got some sprt of news
    Proceed with Caution

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 01:51

Quote Originally Posted by 24fanatic View Post
    EXCITED that we FINALLY got some news on the CAUTION Era!!!!!
    Now people can stop whining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 02:32

I have a feeling that the video might be released on a Thursday as well, probably on Valentines’ Day. Hoping for an original video & a remixed version with full collabs (as rumoured).

Maybe they’ll release the videos like YM(E) ... Put up the original version first on the 12th followed by the remixed version 2 days later on the 14th.

We might be getting the second single sooner than expected. Fingers crossed for the first hot 100 debut of this era!

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 02:42

Quote Originally Posted by 24fanatic View Post
    I know some of you are complaining, thinking that this is too long to wait, but honestly its smart. February is too distracting of a month to release a new single, between the Super Bowl, The Grammys and The Oscars all taking place during the month.
    How is that smart? The song she will be releasing was already heard by the lambs five months ago.
    I've got so much love
    Got so much patience
    I've learned from the pain
    I turned out amazing

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 03:15

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    How is that smart? The song she will be releasing was already heard by the lambs five months ago.
    So? Lambs are the ones going to support it no matter what. Doesn't matter if they release it 4, 5 or 9 months after the release of the album.

Take a look at Maroon 5's "Girls Like You", the remix with Cardi was released almost 7 months after the album was out and that didn't hurt its commercial performace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 04:56

About radio... today almost all songs are sent to radio the day of or the day after release which is usually Friday/Saturday. Oddly enough though March 4 is a Monday... I can't figure out if that means that the single will be released on February 28 (Thursday like With You) or March 1 (A Friday release ahead of radio release to capitalize on charting). I think this is more of Cardi's approach which is a gradual rise up the charts as opposed to the Ariana way which is big numbers upon release and then the quick decline. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 05:58

March 4th? Gosh

Might as well release it in Summer

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 06:49

Quote Originally Posted by Ashank View Post
    March 4th? Gosh

Might as well release it in Summer
    exactly.

the song is already released. Radio can play it anytime and people can already buy it.
    Why wait till March? Release the video now!
    it's going to take 1month for the song to grow anyway
    "Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 07:12

I can't wait to see the visuals. My minds had A No No video created and it's lit haha I hope the finished product is a touch My Body or obsessed type video

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 07:26

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    It’s a radio adds date. It has nothing to do with lambs. Do you know how the music industry works? Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 07:41

Is this your guys' first single or something? If March 4 is the adds date (and I'm pretty sure it is), that gives stations exactly a month to test the song ahead of time and decide if they're going to add it. The song is probably being serviced to radio now.

It's possible Billboard meant that the song would be serviced to radio on March 4, but announcing dates like that on a big public forum is usually saved for lead singles that no one's ever heard before - maybe that could be the case here if they're treating the remix like a whole new song, but this sounds like an adds date to me. Which means they're not "waiting", they just gave Rhythmic and Urban the greenlight.
    Last edited by bm08; 05-02-19 at 08:58. Reason: Gif removed
    "Hello, is this Judy Funnie, the actress? You don't know me but I'm a very famous producer. J.B. Hunkamunka."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 07:44

Hopefully the video will be released on Valebtine’s day so all of the lonely bitter people on twitter can make viral memes. Like with GTFO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 07:55

Has Mariah ever released a remix only single without the LP version first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 08:22

Quote Originally Posted by Colombia71345 View Post
    The era keep winning little battles with those “minor“ milestones....Hopefully this will have some impact on the streaming

Hey, this guy gets it (though in this case it's more about radio than streaming).

Radio station programmers are people that need to be sold to and convinced just like anyone else. Notice this single got announced within a Billboard article about the album already having a successful single (and touting what a long and proven track record Mariah has). It's a way better look than just dropping the single cold.

Radio Manager:
    "Why should we play this Mariah song? Her last like 5 singles you sent us were all big flops and she's constantly in the news for stupid bullshit."
    Label Rep:
    "Oh, come on, pleeeeeease? I promise it'll be different this time. Seriously! You gotta give me a break! I'll suck your dick for it."

Instead it gets to be more like:

Radio Manager:
    "Why didn't you send us a Mariah single until now? We've been waiting."
    Label Rep:
    "Cause you motherfuckers didn't play the last five Mariah singles we sent you and we had to sell this shit without you! It's all good though, we managed a top 5 album just on her name and rode a wave of critical acclaim to top 10s on UAC and AC and the project is a bona fide sleeper hit just waiting to wake up into a smash. BTW did you see Mariah just became the first woman in history to perform in Saudi Arabia and in spite of death threats she showed up on stage pumped full of steroids and wearing a bullet proof vest like a boss?"
    Radio Manager:
    "That sounds like some hot shit!"
    Label Rep:
    "You don't even know! We were doing well enough we weren't even gonna bother sending you guys a single but your listeners are thirsty AF for this "A No No" song so we figured we'd throw you a bone. I hear if it does well Cardi B's interested in jumping on the remix..."
    Radio Manager:
    "Jesus, I need to spin this right the fuck now! Give it to me. C'mon I promise we'll premiere it during the morning show. I'll suck your dick for it...!"

It's music business 101, people
    Last edited by JBHunkamunka; 05-02-19 at 08:26.
    "Hello, is this Judy Funnie, the actress? You don't know me but I'm a very famous producer. J.B. Hunkamunka."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 08:34

^ I had fun reading this 👍🏼

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 08:35

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Has Mariah ever released a remix only single without the LP version first?
    Up out my face
    I’ll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Legend
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 10:47

She doesn't have a tour date between March 3-5, maybe she'll perform the song on a late night show to coincide with radio release.
    Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 11:34

If the remix goes for radio adds in a month, I think we’ll get the single for sale and video released in the next couple of weeks.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 20:20

Well, even If it takes one more month for remix to come out, I am excited we have at least a confirmed date for radio from Billboard. That's a reliable source
    Underneath The Stars

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 20:21

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    She doesn't have a tour date between March 3-5, maybe she'll perform the song on a late night show to coincide with radio release.
    Hopefully!!
    Underneath The Stars

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 20:22

Quote Originally Posted by JBHunkamunka View Post

Hey, this guy gets it (though in this case it's more about radio than streaming).

Radio station programmers are people that need to be sold to and convinced just like anyone else. Notice this single got announced within a Billboard article about the album already having a successful single (and touting what a long and proven track record Mariah has). It's a way better look than just dropping the single cold.

Radio Manager:
    "Why should we play this Mariah song? Her last like 5 singles you sent us were all big flops and she's constantly in the news for stupid bullshit."
    Label Rep:
    "Oh, come on, pleeeeeease? I promise it'll be different this time. Seriously! You gotta give me a break! I'll suck your dick for it."

Instead it gets to be more like:

Radio Manager:
    "Why didn't you send us a Mariah single until now? We've been waiting."
    Label Rep:
    "Cause you motherfuckers didn't play the last five Mariah singles we sent you and we had to sell this shit without you! It's all good though, we managed a top 5 album just on her name and rode a wave of critical acclaim to top 10s on UAC and AC and the project is a bona fide sleeper hit just waiting to wake up into a smash. BTW did you see Mariah just became the first woman in history to perform in Saudi Arabia and in spite of death threats she showed up on stage pumped full of steroids and wearing a bullet proof vest like a boss?"
    Radio Manager:
    "That sounds like some hot shit!"
    Label Rep:
    "You don't even know! We were doing well enough we weren't even gonna bother sending you guys a single but your listeners are thirsty AF for this "A No No" song so we figured we'd throw you a bone. I hear if it does well Cardi B's interested in jumping on the remix..."
    Radio Manager:
    "Jesus, I need to spin this right the fuck now! Give it to me. C'mon I promise we'll premiere it during the morning show. I'll suck your dick for it...!"

It's music business 101, people
    Completely agree!!
    Underneath The Stars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 22:42

I'm excited that ANN is finally be released as single no. 2. So looking forward to it, with or without CB..😉

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » 05-02-19, 23:01

I am excited to hear about the release of A No No as the second single, but I’m definitely disappointed and a bit surprised that they won’t even try and get pop to play it by sending it to that format. A No No is one of the more Pop-ish songs on Caution and while it might not smash on Pop, it would definitely get some airplay and help provide exposer of Caution to a different audience. Not to mention the additional airplay from that format would help the song chart at a higher position on the Hot 100. I get they are focusing on the formats they believe are more likely to play the song, just don’t know if that’s the best strategy. I definitely think there are Pop stations that would play A No No, and would have played With You for that matter