User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 219

Thread: Mariah Carey Vegas Residency: The Butterfly Returns [New Dates]

  1. #1
    Yerac's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    26 Jul 2018
    Posts
    716
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Fri February 1st, 2019, 03:03

    This is a dedicated thread to upcoming dates of Mariah's Vegas residency, The Butterfly Returns
    Last edited by bm08; Sat February 2nd, 2019 at 16:06.

  2. #2
    queentigress's Avatar

    Join Date
    03 Nov 2018
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 4th, 2019, 18:25

    So who all from here will be attending the second leg of Butterfly Returns? My wife & I are going on February 15th & I'm out here having heart palpitations over it already! Trying not to get my hopes up for much from Caution but I would be so thrilled to hear any of the new tracks, especially if there's a remix moment (or she does a deeper cut). I'll be closer than ever and plan to hang around Caesar's a bunch that whole day just to increase my chance of an encounter.

  3. #3
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Fri February 8th, 2019, 10:05

    Mariah kicks off Vegas again in 5 days....and there is literally no hype for this.

    So weird.

  4. #4
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Fri February 8th, 2019, 19:10

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    Mariah kicks off Vegas again in 5 days....and there is literally no hype for this.

    So weird.
    I know!! I hope she's selling well though! But it's definitely weird that there's no hype at all
    Underneath The Stars

  5. #5
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 11:50

    This is about to start and no news! Two days!!
    Underneath The Stars

  6. #6
    sm3's Avatar

    Join Date
    12 Jun 2018
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 14:54

    I guess the sales are OK for the 1st date.

    The second and third nights they are close to selling out- very few seats left. For instance ticket sales on the 16th are close to selling out that they've added more seats in Mezzanine 2 which was previously not open.

    The 19th has vey many seats available.

  7. #7
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 21:02

    Quote Originally Posted by sm3 View Post
    I guess the sales are OK for the 1st date.

    The second and third nights they are close to selling out- very few seats left. For instance ticket sales on the 16th are close to selling out that they've added more seats in Mezzanine 2 which was previously not open.

    The 19th has vey many seats available.
    Thanks a lot for the info!!! The 19th is still one week away. I think there's still time to fill those seats
    Underneath The Stars

  8. #8
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 21:02

    I just really hope she's rehearsing and that she's sounding good!
    Underneath The Stars

  9. #9
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 21:42

    I hope she's warming up, resting and drinking some hot honey tea.


    Her upper belts (and even the mids) were shot in the Saudi Arabia & Austria concerts.


    Her voice was in a great place during the Xmas run, hopefully she can go back to that state.


    When she's not singing consistently, her chest register is affected the most.


    I know usually the first nights are a bit rough and then (by 3rd date) her voice gets better and she has more ease in the registers, but this run is so short, only 5 shows!

  10. #10
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 21:42

    Her team is in Vegas so I'm guessing there are rehearsals already.

    The Palace is ready for her too:


  11. #11
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 21:44

    Oh, and btw, I hope she adds more songs from Caution to the setlist.


    Remove The Distance, and add With You & Caution, or even Portrait, but that would be too much to ask.

  12. #12
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 22:56

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I hope she's warming up, resting and drinking some hot honey tea.


    Her upper belts (and even the mids) were shot in the Saudi Arabia & Austria concerts.


    Her voice was in a great place during the Xmas run, hopefully she can go back to that state.


    When she's not singing consistently, her chest register is affected the most.


    I know usually the first nights are a bit rough and then (by 3rd date) her voice gets better and she has more ease in the registers, but this run is so short, only 5 shows!
    5 shows must be her shortest residency , right?
    Underneath The Stars

  13. #13
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 22:56

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    Her team is in Vegas so I'm guessing there are rehearsals already.

    The Palace is ready for her too:

    Great. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Underneath The Stars

  14. #14
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Mon February 11th, 2019, 22:57

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Oh, and btw, I hope she adds more songs from Caution to the setlist.


    Remove The Distance, and add With You & Caution, or even Portrait, but that would be too much to ask.
    I agree! There's so much to choose from
    Underneath The Stars

  15. #15
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 04:00

    Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    5 shows must be her shortest residency , right?
    Yep!
    It will serve as a warm up for the Caution Tour.

    ---

    She has scheduled - thus far - 38 shows:

    Vegas: 5 dates
    Caution Tour North America Leg: 22 dates
    Caution Tour Europe Leg: 11 dates

    Last concert in Amsterdam on June 13.

    Probably more shows will be announced.

    I guess she's going to tour Asia after that and then focus on Merry Christmas 25th Anniversary.

  16. #16
    beredy's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,613
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 08:03

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Remove The Distance, and add With You & Caution, or even Portrait, but that would be too much to ask.
    You really don't want a strong setlist, do you?

  17. #17
    bm08's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,332
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 16:10

    The chanteuse returns tomorrow!

    I wonder if she will add more dates??

  18. #18
    stevyy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    14 May 2005
    Location
    .dk
    Posts
    53,937
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 18:51

    Cannot wait to dissect her voice... I hope she is on fyah.

  19. #19
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 21:54

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    The chanteuse returns tomorrow!

    I wonder if she will add more dates??
    Excited!

    I wonder if the setlist will be similar to the Caution Tour or if she will perform the same songs from TBR shows.

  20. #20
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 21:59

    Quote Originally Posted by beredy View Post
    You really don't want a strong setlist, do you?
    The Distance is a non-event live. Check the performances from the Asia Tour, Xmas Tour & Saudi Arabia. Dull af. Only Fallon was good.

    Crowd reacted way better to With You whenever it was performed live on tour.

  21. #21
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  22. #22
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 22:44

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Yep!
    It will serve as a warm up for the Caution Tour.

    ---

    She has scheduled - thus far - 38 shows:

    Vegas: 5 dates
    Caution Tour North America Leg: 22 dates
    Caution Tour Europe Leg: 11 dates

    Last concert in Amsterdam on June 13.

    Probably more shows will be announced.

    I guess she's going to tour Asia after that and then focus on Merry Christmas 25th Anniversary.
    Hopefully she'll stop by your area as well, so you guys can finally get to see her!
    Underneath The Stars

  23. #23
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 22:46

    Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    The chanteuse returns tomorrow!

    I wonder if she will add more dates??
    Yeah !! I wonder what will she sing from the album
    Underneath The Stars

  24. #24
    chilled's Avatar
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    05 Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 22:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Good to see some promo, at least from them
    Underneath The Stars

  25. #25
    Shaka's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    04 Feb 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    27,288
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by Tue February 12th, 2019, 22:51

    Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Hopefully she'll stop by your area as well, so you guys can finally get to see her!
    I doubt she will... :(

    But if she does, I'll buy my tickets at last minute, just in case, haha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •