Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 141st FSC (Feb. 2019) Geelong, Australia (RESULTS)

Legend
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

by Wed February 27th, 2019, 22:50

Rules are rules, no issues here. So see you in 2 months then going to celebrate my bitter victory now

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

by Thu February 28th, 2019, 02:07

I wanna thank everyone for the votes!!
    Thanks CPB for the 12 pts!
    My favorite this month was Russia !! Deserved moreeee

As for the vote. Even though the decision is already kind of taken, I want to say that I agree to give the win to Poland as it would get more pts if it wasn't for the penalty. In any other case I believe that a tie could stay a tie and not be broken. I would love to see a complete tie.
    I cannot remember if I voted for the scorewiz or Eurovision tie breaking rules, but I think that once we didn't know about how scorewiz deals with ties, we can have the vote again. Knowing what is going on, I would definitely not vote for scorewiz

Superstar
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

by Thu February 28th, 2019, 05:59

Wait @HC55555 you changed your previous comment completely

I'm not unopposed to reviewing the rules on late entries. This rule was instituted about 3 1/2 years ago (Nanda's suggestion!) as a result of a poll. It appears there were enough people who had had it with waiting for results because of two or three late people.

So, if many people are finding it a hindrance, and want to alter it, I'm open to that. I just don't see people really complain about those rules unless they are affected by them.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

by Thu February 28th, 2019, 06:40

@ConstantinosV, yes, we probably do need to revisit the tie situation since scorewiz sometimes gives conflicting results. There have been a couple suggestions mentioned, which could be accepting ties or using a different tiebreaker.

I appreciate everyone being civil about both these matters.

Legend
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

by Fri March 1st, 2019, 10:06

Glad I did well again, enjoyed a lot of songs this month. The Dutch entry deserved so much better.

Legend
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

by Sat March 2nd, 2019, 21:57

Congrats to jszmiles and Poland! Nice to be in Wroclaw this month; well-deserved victory!

Thanks to everyone voting for Russia, especially the 12s and 10s.. didn't see it coming at all, since it's a bit "rap"-ish but I absolutely love the beat. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Regarding ties in the future,
    Even though, I voted differently last time, I think I fully support "Eurovision rules" now since it seems that some ties really get messy and people seem to be unsatisfied with it and Eurovision rules are kinda "official" and it can prevent the issue to become a subject of heated debate again.
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue