141st FSC (Feb. 2019) Geelong, Australia (RESULTS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheapthrills
    Administrator and Site Supporter
    • 08 Jul 2016

Originally posted by Undercover
    + Undercover Lama
    Actually seven people sent me duplicates

Comment

• cheapthrills
      • 08 Jul 2016

All the votes are in! This was exciting to watch on the back end and the front end - in fact, the final vote I received (Nanda) made the difference! As a reminder, because Poland and South Africa had late entries, 10 points are deducted from their score.

Congratulations to our winner!

RESULTS

Comment

• Affillate
        Superstar
        • 03 Nov 2013

Wait so who won in this case? Has the deductions already applied in the final scores?

Comment

• jszmiles
          Site Supporter
          • 02 Jan 2004

thanks, I need to find a time to do it I am too busy at the moment with my personal life, I am really sorry that I posted the scores here. Hope will solve the issue with my email box soonish
          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• franklex
            Personal Assistant
            • 07 Sep 2014

And who is a winner??? That is EXACLY what I was talking a few monthes ago when a countries got placed same tie...
            SLAVA UKRAINI GLORY TO THE HEROES PP

Comment

• heppolo
              Legend
              • 17 May 2009

wow, I did good, thanks to everyone who voted (a pretty divisive song so I am glad that I've got 4 sets of 12 pts), the winner is nice.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• heppolo
                Legend
                • 17 May 2009

Originally posted by franklex
                And who is a winner??? That is EXACLY what I was talking a few monthes ago when a countries got placed same tie...
                I guess, since it's 13 (NZ) v. 18 (Poland) sets of votes, and if we deduct a couple of Poland's lowest scores (which make for -10 pts altogether) it's still at least 13 sets vs. 15 sets.
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• franklex
                  Personal Assistant
                  • 07 Sep 2014

^^Its a problem becouse you are using eurovision rules... but few month ago when i was saying straight same thing it was wrong option by the most of users. So you decided to follow scorewiz rules. And they are not clear.

Comment

• franklex
                    Personal Assistant
                    • 07 Sep 2014

Back in 137th FSC we had this:

It was discussion about top5 same tie. And all decided Peru still #5 Ukraine still #6. You decided use scorewiz rules insted eurovision rules.

Now we have:

So winner is NZ even I voted for Poland more than NZ. N-joy guys especially those who back in 137th was telling me a
                    Or we can switch rules every month for a some users

Comment

• Affillate
                      Superstar
                      • 03 Nov 2013

I say maybe we hold a tiebreaker poll for this one... theres the variable of whether we waive the late penalty due to the inbox teething problems, or whether NZ automatically overtakes Poland because it is without penalty, whether we use Scorewiz or Eurovision rules and lastly because it's deciding the winner.

But we need to have a definitive answer as to how we tiebreak moving forward.

Comment

• jszmiles
                        Site Supporter
                        • 02 Jan 2004

@franklex , please

and it was still 25th when I voted so I don't feel like -10 points is fair. Anyway, thanks for all the votes I didn't expect that to be honest
                        Last edited by jszmiles; Tue February 26, 2019, 11:42.
                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• westhammer
                          Legend
                          • 10 Jul 2004

NZ should win; it got more 12 points.

Scorewiz is flawed as it ranks countries on same points alphabetically!
                          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Affillate
                            Superstar
                            • 03 Nov 2013

Originally posted by jszmiles
                            and it was still 25th when I voted so I don't feel like -10 points is fair.
                            again it’s the host countries Timezone that it goes by, Australia is in front of Europe by quite a few hours. ;)

However I think you could have a case based on the inbox issues, you fully demonstrated you were ready and willing to submit on time (albeit last minute) if not for the tech struggles understanding how the new inbox works

Comment

• beredy
                              Legend
                              • 09 Nov 2010

What's a song contest without some drama?

Comment

• mondflug
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 29 Feb 2008

I agree with Affillate. It's not a I-forgot-to-vote-on-time issue. As I also experienced technical issues, I know how jszmiles felt about that (both helplessness and anger). I thus believe he's the full-fledged winner in this month's contest.

By the way, my entry flopped (I somehow was expecting that because I chose a peculiar entry -which I love-) but received a good bunch of points from the people who liked it. It was worth the try then. See you in the next location, wherever it is!
                                My Year End Chart 2011

FSC Powered!

Comment

• jio
                                  Legend
                                  • 15 Jul 2009

Oh dear... I officially give Greece up lol... Congrats to the winner whichever country it might be. In my view it should be Poland though since the tie was just a result of the penalty...
                                  Last edited by jio; Tue February 26, 2019, 13:09.
                                  jio CHARTS NOW:09/04/2024: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post11345288

Comment

• HC55555
                                    Manager
                                    • 27 Sep 2009

Even though I voted for New Zealand, I think Poland won because: a) it had more points without dumb penalties; b) we decided by popular vote to stick with scorewiz's results not too long ago. Changing the decision now because it affects the winner completely invalidates last discussion.

Anyway, I'm back to the lower section of the rankings. I knew my song wasn't winner-worthy, mainly because it's a grower, but it sucks to be almost last in one of the worsts months ever - "Caliente" isn't THAT bad!

Mali was robbed.

Comment

• CandyPerfumeBoy
                                      Roadie
                                      • 30 Apr 2014

Nevermind...

Congrats to the winner
                                      Last edited by CandyPerfumeBoy; Tue February 26, 2019, 15:40.
                                      Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• cheapthrills
                                        • 08 Jul 2016

So I don't know if you all are aware but UKmix goes down around the same time every day and it ends up being around 10PM my time. I planned to post the tie situation in a separate post, but the system went down when I went to do that. And then I fell asleep.

Nanda's vote came in a couple hours after jszmiles' post, which gave Poland the three points to tie it up. The initial problem I saw was that because scorewiz doesn't account for penalties, it wasn't really breaking the tie.

And [MENTION=1322]westhammer[/MENTION] is correct that scorewiz just alphabetizes ties in a voting grid. Unfortunately, I have discovered that scorewiz is not consistent with that either, as the scoreboard seems to use a different measurement. I temporarily changed one of the votes to take out 10 points from Poland and this is what happened:

Results1.jpgResults2.jpg

When we reviewed this in #137, it was actually the same way. The 5th and 6th positions were reversed depending on whether the voting grid or the scoreboard was used. So, while people mentioned scorewiz was not consistent with Eurovision on ties, no one mentioned that scorewiz was not consistent with itself, and I think if we knew that, we might have approached the poll differently.

So we have a split decision from Scorewiz, and if we go according to Eurovision rules, it would be Poland. My inclination as a result is to award Poland the win.

Incidentally, after #137, I did email scorewiz to find out how they break ties. Never heard back.

Comment

• jio
                                          Legend
                                          • 15 Jul 2009

Hmmm so then I should complain for when I was placed second by scorewiz in a tie with #1 a while back lol.Anyway I will break the tie for you guys:
                                          Albania/Argentina/Canada/Croatia/Germany/Mali/Holland/Slovenia and USA preferred New Zealand
                                          France/Greece/Norway/Russia/Singapore/South Africa/South Korea/Spain/Sweden/Ukraine and UK preferred Poland

so 11 countries for Poland and 9 for New Zealand (and 2 for neither). So Poland should win
                                          Last edited by jio; Tue February 26, 2019, 15:51.
                                          jio CHARTS NOW:09/04/2024: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post11345288

Comment

Working...