Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback & Suggestion Thread

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 02-02-19, 15:41

This thread is dedicated to your feedback and suggestions that are raised about MariahMix. In this opening post, you will see issues that may have already been raised.

Pre-Launch Comments/Concerns/Suggestions
    Spoiler!

Post-Launch Comments/Concerns/Suggestions

Spoiler!
    Last edited by bm08; 03-02-19 at 16:00.

Legend
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 02-02-19, 23:07

Wouldn't it be an idea to move all the album and single topics from Retro to MariahMix?
    My personal chart Ariana Grande | breakup with your girlfriend at #1 - Click here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 02:40

Sticky the threads for: social media updates, tour updates/videos (things that are always relevant)

Merge the tour threads together. The set lists are similar enough that it doesn’t need different threads

Keep the general discussion open because it will take some people a long time to get used to a new system

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 16:23

Im not feeling this new change, Is there also a celinemix or a beyoncemix or whatever?
    If this works different just for Mariah, it must be hard for casual users to get to the wanted thread. Even I am still struggling

Roadie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 16:49

I can't keep up with the Mariah thread before when there's new music or its Christmas (so many posts), but I can't keep up now because I'm having a hard time what thread to check because there's too many. I rather want the old format.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 17:23

There are so many unnecessary subtopics in Mariahmix... Like honestly, my idea of Mariahmix was a section of UKMIX that runs parallel with the main forum.... The main Topics here should be:-
    1 Mariah's GAD Topic
    2 Mariah's Retro section (Under this I recommend ALL retro topics related to Mariah be moved here)
    3 Mariah's Chart Analysis (again, move all Mariah chart related topics here)

4 News Topic (in case something major is announced)

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 19:38

Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME View Post
    There are so many unnecessary subtopics in Mariahmix... Like honestly, my idea of Mariahmix was a section of UKMIX that runs parallel with the main forum.... The main Topics here should be:-
    1 Mariah's GAD Topic
    2 Mariah's Retro section (Under this I recommend ALL retro topics related to Mariah be moved here)
    3 Mariah's Chart Analysis (again, move all Mariah chart related topics here)

4 News Topic (in case something major is announced)
    Hmm...like a category with sub-forums above it then?

Like Games, sub-forum: Survivors?
    See: https://www.ukmix.org/forumdisplay.php?34-Games

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 03-02-19, 21:38

I believe Mariahmix was created with the best intentions at heart, but it was completely unecessary because... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The general thread with thousands of pages should go back to the section where everyone is used to.
    can you commit to be my everything?

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 04-02-19, 09:52

It's not like the Mods decided this for us... There were numerous complains from several of us how important topics are lost in the midst of pages of drama... Things seem quiet now so Y'all think Mariahmix is unnecessary but IMO as it is, it's easier to navigate through multiple threads that are clearly defined than go through multiple pages of the same thread looking for what you want

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 04-02-19, 20:28

Chiming in because I miss the old format as well. I come on here way less often now, and when I do, I spend less time here because it's all sprawling and harder to keep up with. I get the idea behind this, but having one thread as our go-to meant I could stay on top of everything in real time. I miss the old forums and kinda think I'll fall out of using this unless things improve substantially. The end of an era! :'(

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 05-02-19, 02:00

@queentigress, with me it's the opposite actually. I like this format more as it's more organized. The previous format was more hard to keep up and overall messy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 07-02-19, 02:33

Honestly, I think we need to pause for a minute before we revert or make drastic changes. We were all off the forum for a few days, and when we came back, it was different. It takes time to get used to the changes. For folks saying they don't visit the forum as frequently because of the changes, I encourage you to put in the time to get to learn the new structure, etc. It's easy to say "take it back to what it was," but let's give this a shot - folks put a lot of hard work in to this.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 08-02-19, 09:42

Quote Originally Posted by quilmrt View Post
    Honestly, I think we need to pause for a minute before we revert or make drastic changes. We were all off the forum for a few days, and when we came back, it was different. It takes time to get used to the changes. For folks saying they don't visit the forum as frequently because of the changes, I encourage you to put in the time to get to learn the new structure, etc. It's easy to say "take it back to what it was," but let's give this a shot - folks put a lot of hard work in to this.
    This is very much still in a pilot phase so we are not going to revert back without a proper testing period for some of the reasons you mentioned.

Some of the ideas suggested have already been implemented too.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 08-02-19, 11:13

Either format is ok, as UKMIX is a great resource. But if I had to choose, then I prefer having the General Thread being all encompassing, because it was a one stop shop discussion forum and each discussion could easily spark off other random topics which would not otherwise have been had. It's like being at a party and discussing Mariah with all your friends in a circle and having each topic leading to other topics - within the group, some people may be having their own little conversation but everyone can still hear them and chime in if they want to.

Imagine though, if each time a new topic was raised, the individuals at the party had to split off from the group and go to a different corner of the room and have their little discussion. It kills off the general vibe and doesn't facillitate random new topics. Having dedicated threads means unless a topic is really major, it won't last more than a few thoughts from people because it is so defined and therefore kills momentum and inhibits making random comments or thoughts, because it may not be within the boundaries of a particular topic.

But I understand why some people like having dedicated threads cos it helps when they are looking for updates on a certain topic. But for me, I generally don't look for a particular topic - i just want to know what is happening in Mariah-land, so I liked hearing what others were talking about, whatever they were talking about. I don't like having to click numerous times to read one new post on each topic - too time consuming (I am lazy), so I just don't bother.

Also, it took me ages to realise where the new General Thread was, because the directory header for the topic starts off with "poll". I therefore thought the topic was just for polls. Better to have the topic header as "General Discussion - Mariah" etc.

However, I am not complaining - the mods are doing a great job and I am grateful! I am just giving my thoughs on the topic as requested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 08-02-19, 23:04

Quote Originally Posted by bm08 View Post
    This is very much still in a pilot phase so we are not going to revert back without a proper testing period for some of the reasons you mentioned.

Some of the ideas suggested have already been implemented too.
    Great! Thankful for everyone's hard work.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 16:03

This change is terrible, sorry to say. I don't even understand why there was a need to modify *and* complicate things.

Also, if I want to go to the LAST page of a thread, how do I do it?

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 17:41

Quote Originally Posted by tifetqueen View Post
    Also, if I want to go to the LAST page of a thread, how do I do it?
    By clicking on the LAST page of the thread, duh

Superstar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 19:47

Don't really know why my pic ain't showing yet
    There ain't no nips on display, I swear.
    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 19:55

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    Don't really know why my pic ain't showing yet
    There ain't no nips on display, I swear.
    Are you sure you're not mixing up your Profile Picture and your Avatar picture?

You have a profile picture up.

To get to edit your Avatar. Go to Settings > Scroll down the left side to "My Settings" > Edit Avatar

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 20:54

Quote Originally Posted by DOSSOME View Post
    By clicking on the LAST page of the thread, duh
    On my device it does not show a direct way to click on the last page, like it did before this change.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 21:09

Quote Originally Posted by tifetqueen View Post
    On my device it does not show a direct way to click on the last page, like it did before this change.

Not sure what your page setup looks like, but if you click on the orange arrow, it should take you to the last page of a particular thread

Superstar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Ľ 10-02-19, 21:38

Damn, @bm08 thnx a million.
    I'm a technoplegic.

Manager
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged