Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards (2020)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Sat November 23rd, 2019, 17:50

Quote Originally Posted by UndercovaSista View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure of what I said, but I respect if you disagree.
    If you and your peers of the R&B committee vote for five albums, some of them might not be nominated as other members of different committees can vote for different albums on the R&B category. That's what I'm trying to say
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by Sat November 23rd, 2019, 18:11

I am still shook that Babs was nominated. Legend.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Sun November 24th, 2019, 03:05

After taking a closer look at the nominations the big snubs are Halsey's "Without Me"; Sam Smith & Normani "Dancing with a Stranger", Panic at The Disco "High Hopes" and Twenty One Pilots "Trech"
    Last edited by frrr; Sun November 24th, 2019 at 12:52.
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Legend
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 11:41

I'm expecting Shawn Mendes to perform again with his favorite guitar.

Also, for some reason I have a feeling this GRAMMY's might be the most star-studded event we're gonna have in a while. These past award shows I feel like Taylor Swift is really the only A-list celebrity who always showed up. That would be really, really great if we could have Taylor, Rihanna, Drake, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Adele & Bruno Mars all perform at this upcoming award show.

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 14:52

Quote Originally Posted by frrr View Post
    I have no doubts Billie Eilish will sweep everything. If the album wins Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical she will sweep every nom she has. It has been this way for the past few years.
    True! Looks like it's a giveaway with how none of the other General Field big nominees are nominated in that category.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 15:25

After taking a closer look at the nominations the big snubs are Halsey's "Without Me"; Sam Smith & Normani "Dancing with a Stranger", Panic at The Disco "High Hopes" and Twenty One Pilots "Trech"
    Poor Halsey acting all butthurt over it at the AMA's lol. The sense of entitlement and faux disgust. Everyone knows if she was nominated and won she would run up the stage gushing and happily take the award.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 16:59

Not rewarding Halsey with a nomination is justified imo.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 18:22

Quote Originally Posted by theMathematician View Post
    Not rewarding Halsey with a nomination is justified imo.
    She just came across as bitter and entitled. Not a good look for her. It's like I won this award so imma say this is the only one that matters, the one I wasn't nominated for means nothing.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 19:48

After hearing Halsey sing on the AMA's, the only nomination she would have deservedly scored would be for Worst Vocal Female Performance. Luckily they don't have that category.

Also, her music is really bad IMHO.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Manager
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 20:23

No committee decides that. Pop categories were getting messy with six nominations that included live performances, eps by Coldplay thus the reason why creating such a committee. An academy member can vote in the genre of their committee and other categories if they are willing to do so, there is a limited number of categories you can vote but I can't remember the number.
    you're mixing with screen committee and nomination committee. it's two different thing as undervovasista said. lol
    POP is 100% based on vote which is why they're heavily driven by big name and hit singles.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/voting-process

Superstar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

by Mon November 25th, 2019, 21:05

Well, them they need some for the pop, I don't understand why there isn't a nomiantions review comittee for pop, reggae, alternative and others...

Superstar
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)

by Tue November 26th, 2019, 13:19

If anyone wants to join the AOTY nominee (and future winner) survivor game, round one is up and running and will be closed tomorrow morning.

I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Legend
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

by Sat November 30th, 2019, 15:56

After seeing how Billie stole the show at the AMAs, looks like she is going to either sweep or take home most of the awards. Even if she is absent at the previous award shows earlier this year, she still got acknowledged.

I think Lizzo is going to be the new Katy Perry (invited to perform but leaves empty-handed) and Ariana is going to be fully snubbed this time (almost all the award shows this year didn't show her love). That catty attitude with the Grammy producers early this year seemed to put off a lot of the major award show producers.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by Wed December 4th, 2019, 03:42

Quote Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
    After seeing how Billie stole the show at the AMAs, looks like she is going to either sweep or take home most of the awards. Even if she is absent at the previous award shows earlier this year, she still got acknowledged.

I think Lizzo is going to be the new Katy Perry (invited to perform but leaves empty-handed) and Ariana is going to be fully snubbed this time (almost all the award shows this year didn't show her love). That catty attitude with the Grammy producers early this year seemed to put off a lot of the major award show producers.
    I personally think that was a really lame move on her part.