X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oaknuys
    Superstar
    • 30 Apr 2014

Originally posted by Loose
    Karma is really catchy and probably a standout on FEAR.
    Those Greek beats are so infectiously awesome!

Btw, based on the fact that her dad is Greek, i was wondering if Marina's new album is expected to enjoy a decent success and recognition in Greece?
    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• westhammer
      Legend
      • 10 Jul 2004

Karma is my favourite too. It even feels mildly Latin infused!

If Orange Trees and Baby were excluded this would be much more cohesive overall
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Loose
        Legend
        • 17 Apr 2006

However, I am glad Baby and Orange Trees are included. It adds another vibe to the album as a whole as they represent the truly joyful side of this proect.
        It's a man's man's man's world.

Comment

• ludichris
          Superstar
          • 23 Nov 2010

I'm not a huge fan of Baby but Orange Trees is an essential track. I feel that it adds a nice dopamine hit to the album and is definitely the most hit-worthy song on there along with Enjoy Your Life. It will sound incredible in the coming Summer months accompanied with Orange flavoured beverages.

Comment

• Carbon
            Legend
            • 19 Jul 2013

I didn't really know what to expect based on the comments here as everyone has their own fave part out of the two. After one listen, I can't really judge it well because I had more time to absorb Love, so I'll try to do the same with Fear over the next week.

On first listen - production still lacking like in Love, kinda generic, but at the same time, I don't know why people are complaining about it so much cause Electra Heart had the same basic mainstream beats and hooks on it. I guess the "concept" of that album was able to mask that and it didn't have such a mixed reaction like L+F , which has a more simplistic and chill approach.

Karma sounds like a potential hit, she really needs to release it as a single, make a great video and push it hard.

Life Is Strange is the most ''old Marina'' sounding song on the whole album, could be among my fave songs here.

Comment

• alxx
              Legend
              • 09 Mar 2007

I really love the second half of the album but think the issue as a whole is the tracklisting and the fact it’s far too long.
              Cut a few of the duds that are void of any of the usual Marina charm (True, Enjoy Your Life) and have this as a 12 track album and it’d be great.

Life Is Strange, You and Karma are really strong.
              I think You should have been the lead single so Radio 1 might have actually supported...

Comment

• beredy
                Legend
                • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by Carbon
                On first listen - production still lacking like in Love, kinda generic, but at the same time, I don't know why people are complaining about it so much cause Electra Heart had the same basic mainstream beats and hooks on it. I guess the "concept" of that album was able to mask that and it didn't have such a mixed reaction like L+F , which has a more simplistic and chill approach.
                For me Electra Heart somehow maintained her natural kookiness from TFJ (which I loved), despite trend chasing sound (which I agree about).

But from Froot she comes off like she's forcing that kookiness and using her signature vocal moves just because she can, not because they feel natural to the music. And here it's even more evident. So pair the generic sound, with the overall feeling of lack of true inspiration and Marina putting her stamp on it just because she needs to and that's it.

Comment

• spiritboy
                  Legend
                  • 11 Jan 2004

Fear is so underwhelming.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• NoAngel
                    Legend
                    • 15 Nov 2008

She's so much better than this. Best song is Baby and that's saying something...
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• LOVE+FEAR
                      Superstar
                      • 19 Sep 2015

What a masterpiece! Easily my favorite album of hers and she’s giving me exactly what I want - without even requesting it! I had 0 expectations. I always liked her and loved some of her songs, but she really made me a stan with this record! ❤️
                      2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Blondini
                        Site Supporter
                        • 01 Nov 2005

I like Karma more but it's really annoying that the blandest safest thing on it gets the most attention.
                        Especially if radio picks it up and ignores everything else. It's like her quirks are being denied.

Not many artists are top 3 on iTunes albums and not on ANY radio playlists.

Comment

• Loose
                          Legend
                          • 17 Apr 2006

My favourite on the entire project remains Superstar. It’s giving me church vibes for some reason.
                          It's a man's man's man's world.

Comment

• SG1401
                            Superstar
                            • 27 Oct 2009

In the YouTube session they did a few days ago they said “End of the Earth” was written for a movie and I so wanna know which one it is, I’m intrigued.

Also, No More Suckers has massive radio potential, it’s such a diss track and an absolute effortless bop

Comment

• Westen
                              Legend
                              • 11 Jun 2013

This album is so bad, I can't believe.... Not only the best, but the only good song here is Clean Bandit song... The rest sounds like Eurovision album...

Album lacks identity, whole concept of L+F is nothing but cringe worthy.

Comment

• Westen
                                Legend
                                • 11 Jun 2013

Originally posted by NoAngel
                                She's so much better than this. Best song is Baby and that's saying something...
                                Wow, it's been ages since we agreed on something

Comment

• NoAngel
                                  Legend
                                  • 15 Nov 2008

Originally posted by Westen
                                  Wow, it's been ages since we agreed on something
                                  <3

I'm actually shocked how bad this is since I LOVED her previous work. I listened to it few times hoping it would grow on me, but it sounded worse each time. Melodies are so uninspired and lyricial content is on elementary school level. I'm starting to suspect she was forced to record this album.
                                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Westen
                                    Legend
                                    • 11 Jun 2013

Originally posted by NoAngel
                                    <3

I'm actually shocked how bad this is since I LOVED her previous work. I listened to it few times hoping it would grow on me, but it sounded worse each time. Melodies are so uninspired and lyricial content is on elementary school level. I'm starting to suspect she was forced to record this album.
                                    Tbh the only reason I listened to this album more than once is because I love Marina, I hope at least it can grow on me... After few listens Karma and Emotional Machine are catchy, but I don't feel anything listening to this album, it's so bland I don't even hate it

Comment

• LongingHeart
                                      Manager
                                      • 01 Feb 2013

Completely agree with both of you, Westen and NoAngel

Comment

• breatheonme
                                        Superstar
                                        • 16 Nov 2011

Handmade Heaven, To Be Human, Emotional Machine and Life Is Strange are the most reminiscent of her old days (very TFJ but with a new touch).

I really love Emotional Machine and my favorite truly is To Be Human. Very beautiful.

Comment

• oaknuys
                                          Superstar
                                          • 30 Apr 2014

Just saw an interview of hers and she said Superstar is the next single.

Anyways; i can declare there's not even a single filler on this outstanding album, i love it to pieces. I mixed and matched the tracklist of the both parts and now it even flows more perfectly.
                                          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Working...