Thread: The future of Chart Analysis at UKMIX

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by Mon February 25th, 2019, 20:31

The Chart Analysis Moderation Team, in conjunction with myself, have approved a change in how our Chart Analysis forum is structured.

UKMIX is generally recognised as being one of the great sources of chart analysis discussion on the internet, with weekly charts going all the way back to 2004 in some cases.

In order to improve how those charts are accessed, we propose to install two sub-forums that will act as archives - one sub-forum for the US Charts and one sub-forum for the UK Charts.

The main Chart Analysis forum will continue to host all current UK and US chart discussions (we've decided that current will equate to the last 4 weeks worth of charts, once a topic reaches its 5th week it will be archived). Each sub-forum will have a topic that links back to all of our charts.

These sub-forums will not become visible until we're up and running but we wanted to let you know as you'll start to see topics moved out.

Any queries, let us know.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

by Mon February 25th, 2019, 21:06

Yes, it seems like a great idea as the weekly chart analysis threads are currently effectively "lost" once they drop from the first page.

by Mon March 4th, 2019, 20:57

^
    Nope.
    The UK and US are the only two territories that have weekly topics on UKMiX (hence the archive section).
    All the other countries have (mostly) charts collections bundled in yearly or multiple-year topics.

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by Mon March 4th, 2019, 21:43

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've moved around 1,000 topics into the new forums.

This comprises around 12 years worth of US topics (with us having what looks to be a continuous stream of charts going back to 2006) and over 4 years worth of UK topics - I've done this by running a query.

What I'll now do is manually sift through the remaining 240 pages of the forum to weed out other topics.

Legend
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

by Wed March 6th, 2019, 04:23

^Thanks! That must be a lot of work.

by Tue March 12th, 2019, 13:12

Is it possible to add a link of the new forums or post the name of the forum. Sorry I can't find it. Thanks

by Wed March 13th, 2019, 09:34

Thanks. It was at the top all the time and I have overlooked it

by Wed March 13th, 2019, 09:36

Btw. great work . it is much easier to navigate through the pages now