Thread: UKMIX Feedback Survey 2019

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu February 28th, 2019, 23:48

Hello all!

Following the launch earlier this month of our brand new forums, the dust having now settled, the moderation team feel the time is right to hold the latest feedback survey. We would love to hear the thoughts of all members, whether old or new, to understand your experiences of UKMIX as a whole.

The first part of the survey is comprised of 10 questions surrounding the forums generally and we would like you to answer these based on your opinions over recent months and years and not just since the new forums launched. Part 1 should be answered using the link below, which takes you to the Survey Monkey website.

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE PART 1 OF THE SURVEY

The second part of the survey is comprised of 12 questions surrounding the new forums. Part 2 should be answered via private message to myself, Thriller.

1. What do you like most about the new forums?
    2. Is there anything you miss from the old UKMIX?
    3. Would you prefer a user reputation system or a “like post” button?
    4. Do you feel the new UKMIX is easy to navigate?
    5. Are you a premium member? If not, why not?
    6. Are there any additional benefits that you feel would enhance the premium membership?
    7. Do you feel GIFs should be open to use across the whole site?
    8. How would you feel about merging the TV and movie forums into one Entertainment forum?
    9. How would you feel about the genre forums being replaced by forums where threads are organised and split by release date? (E.g. “new music”, “current music”, “old music”)
    10. How would you feel about merging Celebrity Gossip with World News?
    11. Do you have any suggestions for a new name for The Retro forum?
    12. Do you feel that The Lounge should be Private Members only access with relaxed rules, or should the Private Members Forum remain as it is with The Lounge remaining open to all?

CLICK HERE TO SEND PART 2 OF THE SURVEY VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE

Responses will remain anonymous and without judgement, meaning the team will appreciate honesty and all constructive feedback will be taken on board.

The survey will run until 10pm on Sunday 31st March, with details of the responses and potential actions following in April.

Any questions, please ask! In the meantime, thanks in advance for your input.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal chart new female singer... at #1 - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 20:22

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Done online
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    Done
    Thank you both.

We're around 5 days into this, so still early days - to everyone else, please continue with your feedback.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 4th, 2019, 22:29

I find myself posting less and less.

I find the lack of a mobile friendly page extremely shit. I used to just browse the site during lunch break or on the train etc.
    now its a bit less easy which is enough for me to visit less frequently, let alone post more

what I find worst is definitely the lack of a latest posts section which I also said multiple times in the survey.
    It used to be so easy to just see whoever artist released something new because the new topic would get much traffic and would constantly be in the top20 latest posts. Now you have to specifically browse through each music genre to find the artists you like

I also used to discover so many new topics here. Not only music-related but literally whatever
    when I saw the gallery thread pop up I was like yeah lets visit and see who posted today! now I would have to specifically look for it in the this n that section and I just don't do it because I don't care enough. I check once a day if Rihanna has a new album out or something, check if someone updated youtube/spotify numbers in her thread and that's it.

it kinda took the fun out of the entire forum for me

as you can see I barely post anymore since the update.

Legend
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue March 5th, 2019, 13:26

@MrDiva right now I check out the latest posts in the What’s New tab but maybe you mean something different. I think on mobile if you press that little box on the top right you can find it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 11th, 2019, 22:05

Thanks to those of you who’ve taken part in the survey so far!

If you haven’t already - please do, especially part two regarding the new forums!

You can’t moan about UKMIX if you don't participate ;)

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 15:13

As we're halfway through the month, I'm going to do some tagging to ensure everyone is aware of the surveys. If you've already done both parts, please ignore!
    @JSparksFan @Benjamin @thebigham @Blondini @CrazyCrazy @stevyy @biscuits @Tansike @borderwolf @FreakyFlyBry @Hugo @jszmiles @Serby @king_oxymoron @Ivica @abi @Spartan @toni_pest @Noahh @GetBack @UKMusicLova @JimJim @Shaka @LostAvenger @Guru @spiritboy @heppolo @Jesper @jpguy @Frederic @Carbon @Gagich @Yoshie @Biebz @BrainDamageII @Benny @ThaInfo1 @SmartIsNewSexy @RaFanatic @steophonic @Eamon @urbanmusik @MrLeonix @mykka @Goldmoney @tdc2000 @Era @Rihab @Loveguru @topopMAC1 @MrRager @Erotica @AndiIversen @Brad @alxx @Grybop @menime123 @crazycool @AlphaMale @Mainshow @Marius @TheRealest @DnBLover @Phoenixx @oasisbobo @candyman @leomedar @Pompeii @trebor @nekoocz @RayRay @jio @jjavier1978 @Fan @phoenix98 @croatiaxtina @AutomaticBR @Hype @DOSSOME @Loose @TIfan @CZB @Ska8er @MJDangerous @Westen @carlo_thebest @jason2379 @westhammer @flopho @Gravity @CasualFlow @Jonathan @bm08 @himc15 @innocenteyes @Michiel @SummerPeur @navi @joiPrince_JO @naughtynae @aaliyahman @leoapp @pollei @larces @Muzikritik @MrDiva @samra @NoAngels @Bhaggers @GreekGeek @JeyBeMust @blackbird @Rolling @nympho @Mikerocha @EAI @NoAngel @mattsky @t_dot @Crazy4Brit @marat2408 @NorthernMonkey @ArmyOfMe @grooveboy @SG1401 @Ruthymon @luckyONE @naughty @jordi_89 @cheapthrills @android @BlueScorpion @ECE @Colbie @hotMCfan @Cless @ANH @SpyVsSpy @ginnyfan @robert989 @allygdale @flowers @Cactuar @Undercover @LonelyDreamer @kingofskiffle @joao @LionH3art @cristy @Falsetto @Robbie @SawyerHewitt @lenor @Ewokguy15 @andy001 @zago @MusicLover88 @zeus555 @KokoCollino @adriano @cabanaboy @JakeP @thankfulforkelly @britneyfan09 @adamf2thedeath @frrr @ludichris @BodyShop @abidhaq @sbk @tir69 @Lemo @Graham76man @Thombus @steophonic @Affillate @Teo @KEY9481 @hellohello @GaGarazzi @Cymk @pm_01 @beredy @sonia85 @Washingtonian25 @bluecherry @jochen @Controlfreak @Shayonce @musiclover2174 @pete_siano @oaknuys @Lewis17 @Ferris @ShayLaB @MO_FAN95 @HellaGood @LittleLinda @Instinct @ForeverYoung @LongingHeart @firefairyangel @Spiral @firefly_86 @randomness @skywalker @tyguy723 @Bojan @LJC123 @MonkeyLover21 @ferrero @Migrate @Pawlu84 @shirley @BehindBreakaway @MAM @Dedicated @Dave20_ @Kaloki @tj_club @BeeBoy @MJH @Magnus @Crackiswack @CanYouKeepUp @WaitYourTurn @johnny_d @artur @ManicKangaroo @SilentDream @YouMakeMeFeel @BeeFan @Shakyfan @HotPotato @lundpop @LotsOfLove @Uniquesensation @boto @Murat @muzik_biz_wiz @HC5555 @BlankSpace @mickey @itsawrap @nas @Bsquared @Rock_Steady @Debs_Wild @freeme @Christinamuse @diamondtooth @Speechless @wolfmother @Bazmedia @picciottino @mondflug @CandyShop @GypsyHeart @banksy @Chantal @Rocksteady09 @SmashHitter @shanicefan @ConstantinosV @CSCfan @Nanda @stevieb @MisterK @AlmostHeaven @JeremySpears @theMathematician @Simon89 @ccadavi1 @SimpleBoy @CandyPerfumeBoy

Legend
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 18:23

Oops. I didnt realise mods were suppose to fill it also. I will this coming week

Legend
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri March 15th, 2019, 18:51

I had forgotten about this.

DONE & Sent.

Manager
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 16th, 2019, 02:03

Мне не нравится делать уроки.

Legend
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    PLAY Sara Bareilles Artist Survivor @ Music Games & Survivors
    CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo: Lisa Loeb's Top40 + Deconstructing Leo 2.0: 2018 Awards @ Personal Charts

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon March 18th, 2019, 10:03

Both parts completed & sent!

Legend
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 17:28

Is it a setting but I read threads but it still shows that the thread is unread. The envelope still shows as orange instead of grey (which one or two shows)
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat March 23rd, 2019, 19:37

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Is it a setting but I read threads but it still shows that the thread is unread. The envelope still shows as orange instead of grey (which one or two shows)
    Threads will always be orange when they’re “hot threads”, it’s the envelope being open or closed that tells you if something is unread.

I agree it’s not ideal or as clear as the old forum!