User Tag List

Thread: The National - I Am Easy To Find

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Tue March 5th, 2019, 17:34

The National have announced a new album: I Am Easy to Find is out May 17 via 4AD. Below, hear the opening track, “You Had Your Soul With You,” which features vocals from Gail Ann Dorsey—a longtime member of David Bowie’s band.

The National have also announced a short film, inspired by and featuring music from the new record. The 24-minute film, also called I Am Easy to Find, is directed by Mike Mills (20th Century Women) and stars Oscar winner Alicia Vikander. In a press release, Mills called the album and film “playfully hostile siblings that love to steal from each other.” Watch a trailer for I Am Easy to Find below.

In addition to Gail Ann Dorsey, I Am Easy to Find features vocal contributions from Sharon Van Etten, Lisa Hannigan, Mina Tindle, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus (a group that’s worked with Bryce Dessner), and others. “Yes, there’s a lot of women singing on this, but it wasn’t because, ‘Oh, let’s have more women’s voices,’” Matt Berninger said in a statement. “It was more, ‘Let’s have more of a fabric of people’s identities.’ It would have been better to have had other male singers, but my ego wouldn’t let that happen.”

01 You Had Your Soul With You
    02 Quiet Light
    03 Roman Holiday
    04 Oblivions
    05 The Pull of You
    06 Hey Rosey
    07 I Am Easy to Find
    08 Her Father in the Pool
    09 Where Is Her Head
    10 Not in Kansas
    11 So Far So Fast
    12 Dust Swirls in Strange Light
    13 Hairpin Turns
    14 Rylan
    15 Underwater
    16 Light Years

SOURCE

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri March 8th, 2019, 13:28

16 songs? That's quite weird. I am so excited for this even though the first single didn't impress me much. It's cute i guess, but nothing ground breaking unfortunately.
    Pleasure over matter.

Legend
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by Fri May 17th, 2019, 14:12

I was quite disappointed on the first listen. On the second listen it does sound better, but unfortunately it cannot be compared to their previous albums. The huge problem i have with this one are female vocalists. It just doesn't sound right, i don't know. Matt's voice was one of the greatest thing about their songs but it's completely in the second plan on this album.

I don't know just yet, i like it but it's nothing groundbreaking which is so weird cause i am always in awe with their releases :(
    Pleasure over matter.