Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britney Spears checks into mental health facility

Superstar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 04:04

Quote Originally Posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Oh dear Britney, even when she's inactive, not releasing music, far away from the business and socia media and on hiatus people still will dig into her personal life.

By now she must be without a doubt one of the most studied, discussed and analyzed famous persons (on a personal level) that I've seen in my lifetime (probably surpassed by Michael Jackson and Princess Diana). The extreme obsession about someone famous' personal / private life is rarely seen to these proportions.
    That could be because most stars don't live such erratic lives as Michael Jackson and Britney Spears.

All of what you said is correct but none of it is positive, this is just destroying the legacy she carved out.

Michael Jackson is more known for being a suspected child molester than the King of Pop just like Britney is more known for shaving her head and her mental issues which is sad as she should be remembered for her career which was unmatched during her time.

Manager
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 06:51

I don't think it's fair to say that's what she's remembered for. I think she's mostly remembered for her career and music. Yeah obviously this is part of her past but I don't think its what her legacy will be or what defines her!
    3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!

by » Fri April 19th, 2019, 13:01

I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson's music is bigger than his scandals and even bigger than his own name, and I'm pretty sure Britney is a pop music icon.

The way they lived caused frenzy among media and public, they were a subject of study and analysis to exaggerated proportions but I doubt "Baby One More Time" will stop being one of the biggest pop music classics or that people will stop dancing to "Thriller".

In fact I would say Britney is one of the female artists with the strongest legacies out there. Of course her scandals and personal life are as big and famous too, that's part of her persona (and I don't want that to be errased because that's also part of what she is) ... people will easily remember her head shaving but they can also remember her school outfit, her kissing with Madonna, her dancing with a snake , etc ... She's a whole pop culture figure filled with good and bad things with iconic music videos, iconic stage moments, iconic outfits, iconic songs and also famous scandals and problems.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 12:23

I keep seeing #FreeBritney tags on Twitter - what is it about?

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 12:57

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I keep seeing #FreeBritney tags on Twitter - what is it about?
    There's a new rumour .... But take it as that a rumour since no one knows anything anymore and this is confusing.

I'll sum it up for you:

- According to the leak the story is very different to what has been presented to the media, the allegeded source tells that Britney secretly stopped taking the medication that was supplied by her father, she had not been taking it for a while (this could explain the sudden positive improvement Britney had since 2016, skinny again, in shape, looking happier, and very distant to the zombie she was in 2011) and apparently she was making believe his father she was taking it when in fact she had eliminated the medication, she was improving and she was in fact very excited during rehearsals for "Domination" however her father ended up finding out that she was not taking the medication and that she wasn't following some of his other instructions (such as not driving) and he was furious, so what he did was using his position of power as Britney's conservator to make certain decissions against her will like postponing the "Domination" show in order to lock her down in a Mental Facility, alledgely he did this with lots of support from her managers Lou Taylor and Larry Rudolph and together they created a fake / fabricated story for the media where Britney is at the mental institute because her father is so sick and that Britney can't live without him, according to the source Larry Rudolph thought and expressed that this would do wonders for her tickets sales once they bring the Domination show back.

The source revealed that it's false that she just checked into the facility a few days ago and that in fact Britney was locked down in there by her father since January (she's been there for more than 3 months already and since she can't make those type of decissions due to the conservatorship she can only get out when her father decides it and wants it), this also explains why she was disappeared from the map as no one had seen her since early January.

The thing is that once this rumour came out public, it was met with indignation with many people labeling this is as abuse of control and exploitation, and people are simply not agreeing with the methods her father is using as a conservator.

More information was given that indicates that Britney is pretty much isolated and can't rely on anyone, the source claimed that her siblings Bryan and Jamie Lynn Spears simply washed their hands with the situation and won't do anything for Britney, in Jamie Lynn's case it was also revealed she is under the same Britney's management so it's complicated for her to speak up for her sister and expose the radical methods of her father, it was also revealed that EVERYONE in Britney's inner circle (managers included) get earnings % from all the money Britney generates including everything she has generated in Vegas and recent Tours. She's being used and a recent pic of her father leaked too and he didn't even look sick at all.

Since the rumour leaked more and more people that have been close to Britney are starting to reveal information and speak up and it seems like some poeple close to her case DON'T agree with the way her father is handling things, Britney's mom (who is divorced from Jamie) apparently is horrified by what Jamie is doing and has publicly supported the #FreeBritney campaign, another major indicident that happened was that Britney's financial Co-Conservator Andrew Wallet abruptly decided TO QUIT his job this January despite the fact he had been given a massive salary raise, still he resigned and the source believes the reason he quit is due to not agreeing and not wanting association with what Jamie is doing to Britney, as soon as he found out Britney was going to be at the mental institution against her will it was his sign / wake up call to get out of that job as soon as he could, he solicited resignation in January (the month Britney was allegededly taken to the facility), he clearly doesn't support this.

Britney's team has been trying to deviate attention among her fans by leaking everything they can during the past week including an Otis Redding cover and the original "Make Me" music video in HQ in order to cause distraction, they're also deleting comments about #FreeBritney and blocking accounts.

But Britney is receiving a lot of support from people and media is quickly picking this up, this story has escalated fast and high. People are on Britney's side and media wants to expose her horrible team and the abuse of control from her father under the conservator position, hence the #FreeBritney messages.

That is the latest rumour.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Legend
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 13:16

Crikey, how the F does she get out of the conservatorship?

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 13:44

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Crikey, how the F does she get out of the conservatorship?
    - A judge can decide it by his own (this rarely happens), in this case she would need to be proven "fit" or "capable" (but this could easily be manipulated too, specially in the Hollywood circle).

- Her father can disolve it himself, he has that power but we know he won't ever do that. The judge won't care if she's "capable" or not if the conservator himself request to end it.

- I read somewhere that getting married could get her out, the conservator rights would be transfered to her husband and he could disolve it inmediately.

- I don't know if her mother (given that she apparently is not happy with the way Jamie is handling things) could do something like taking legal action, filling a lawsuit or something, after it's her daughter. Although it does seem like she can do little to help.

However I found this, which is sad:

Occasionally, however, a conservator will mismanage a conservatee's assets or make poor choices about the conservatee's health care. Although each state has rules and procedures designed to prevent such abuses, few have the resources to keep an eye on conservators and follow through if they spot trouble. Many cases of incompetence or mistreatment go unnoticed.
    ---

Conclusion, IMO only his father's death will get her free, in that scenario the conservator position would be transfered to someone else (probably her mother) and it could end up right there since I doubt anyone else besides her father is really interested in keeping her under a c-ship these days.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat April 20th, 2019 at 13:46.

by » Sat April 20th, 2019, 13:56

Sharon Osbourne encourages Britney's father to look for a job on "The Talk" show as one of the hosts wears a #FreeBritney teacher:

Legend
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

by » Sun April 21st, 2019, 22:29

Omg, Poor Britney if the rumor is true. Stay strong girl. :(
    Cha Cha Instructor

by » Tue April 23rd, 2019, 21:02

Right in the middle of the storm . . .

For those who didn't know, I'll explain, A Broadway musical inspired by Britney Spears' catalogue called "Once Upon A One More Time" will premiere later this year and now apparently a movie deal for the musical has been negotiated too. It'll hit the big screen.

The musical itself won't be about Britney's life but it is inspired by her music and will feature exclusively her songs.

----

Britney Spears Lands Movie Deal for ‘Once Upon a One More Time’ Musical Amid Treatment

Britney Spears has been going through a tough time as of late, but she just received some big news: Her Broadway-bound musical, Once Upon a One More Time, is heading to the big screen.

Deadline Opens a New Window. reported on Tuesday, April 23, that Sony Pictures won an auction for screen rights to the movie adaptation of the upcoming stage production. Spears, 37, will produce the film with her longtime manager, Larry Rudolph, under John Davis’ company Davis Entertainment. The website likened the musical-turned-movie to the ABBA jukebox hit Mamma Mia!

Us Weekly exclusively revealed in May 2018 that Spears made a quick trip to New York City to attend the first reading of a musical scored with her greatest hits. “Britney and her team gave their blessing last year,” a source told Us at the time, noting that the Grammy winner “responded really well” to the preview.

Veteran Broadway producer James L. Nederlander officially announced Once Upon a One More Time in a March 12 press release. The music-filled comedy features Snow White, Cinderella and other princesses gathering for their book club when a fairy godmother drops in to bring them a book of new tales, titled The Feminine Mystique. The songs in the show include “Oops!… I Did It Again,” “Lucky,” “Toxic” and “Circus.”

“I’m so excited to have a musical with my songs — especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore,” the Princess of Pop said in a statement at the time. “This is a dream come true for me!”

Previews for Once Upon a One More Time begin on October 29 at Chicago’s James M. Nederlander Theatre before heading to Broadway in NYC.

The news of Spears’ movie deal comes nearly one month after she checked into a wellness facility to seek mental health treatment. She was spotted for the first time in months on Sunday, April 21, while celebrating Easter with her boyfriend of two years, Sam Asghari, at the Montage hotel in Beverly Hills.

The casts for the musical and movie versions of Once Upon a One More Time have yet to be announced.
    Source: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...one-more-time/
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue April 23rd, 2019 at 21:44.

by » Wed April 24th, 2019, 03:50

For those confused about what was this about and what rumours leaked, this video sums like 80% of the whole thing in 9 minutes:

by » Wed April 24th, 2019, 03:54

After intense rumours Britney posts a video on Instagram saying she's ok:

A post shared by on

Legend
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)

by » Fri April 26th, 2019, 21:02

The cycle of this story / new has ended. Britney checked out of the facility yesterday and she was spotted today going to a tanning salon:

--

(She looks good but it seems like she gained some weight).

--

Anyways, Since she's out of the facility I don't see any more sense on keeping this thread open for discussion. Seems like it's purpose it's completed. Can a moderator close the thread?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

by » Sun May 12th, 2019, 01:59

She deserves better. Glad she's out and about.

Legend
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Fri May 17th, 2019, 06:30

People and her label literally abused her for their benefit and she was young and naive to do it. They exploited her which is what I think eventually led to her meltdown. Since then, she hasn’t been the same. I love her music but I wish she’d just disappear for like a decade and try and normalize and come back differently under her terms.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |