User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which album era will have the most Top 20 entries?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dangerously in Love

0 0%
  • B'Day

1 16.67%
  • I Am... Sasha Fierce

2 33.33%

1 16.67%
  • BEYONCÉ

2 33.33%
  • Lemonade

0 0%
  • EVERYTHING IS LOVE

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyoncé Runs the World: The Top 150 Songs (#40 to #31 Out Now!)

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 8th, 2019, 08:55

Beyoncé has been the most prolific artist of the last twenty years, having released a total of twelve studio albums (five with Destiny's Child, six as a solo artist, and one collaborative album with husband JAY-Z, under their joint name, THE CARTERS) from 1998 to 2018. As one of the most critically-acclaimed female American artists of the new millennium, she has carefully carved her way in becoming one of the most influential R&B artists in the mainstream. Era after era, she has continued to increase her profile as an artist, in both music and film. With an outstanding track record of Grammy wins (23 out of 63 nominations), as well as becoming the most awarded artist in MTV Video Music Awards history (with 26 wins out of 65 nominations, including being the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard recipient in 2014), Beyoncé has continuously pushed the envelope in challenging her biggest competition, which is herself.

Below is my countdown of how I would rank Beyoncé's best. I have already made a separate ranking of the songs with Destiny's Child in the Divas Divine: Top 60 Destiny's Child Songs back in 2011.
    Last edited by GetBack; Sat April 13th, 2019 at 11:17.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 8th, 2019, 13:31

I thought you were a Beyoncé hater

Manager
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 8th, 2019, 13:56

And that text and the new avi he has either come to his senses with therapy while he was away, is hacked or schizophrenic

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 8th, 2019, 17:06

I thought April Fools was on April 1st of every year....

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 13th, 2019, 11:09

BUBBLING UNDER CHART
    Unfortunately, these songs did not make the Top 100.

150. "SUPERPOWER"
    (featuring Frank Ocean)
    I wasn't that fond of this song. I felt that it wasn't as strong as the other songs from the self-titled album. Also, according to some sources, Beyoncé has yet to perform this song live. Maybe one day she might surprise her fans in future tours instead of just having it as a video interlude.

149. "THAT'S HOW YOU LIKE IT"
    (featuring JAY-Z)
    Just like "Superpower", this never became a favorite as well. I felt that it could have been omitted since the strongest song in the Dangerously in Love album already featured JAY-Z.

148. "713"
    (THE CARTERS)
    I like that this sounds like an old school rap record. I think that it's still fairly new to me which may have affected how low I ranked this track from the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album.

147. "RING OFF"
    To me, Beyoncé had a lot of bonus tracks (in her previous albums) that were stronger than some album tracks in the standard track listing. It wasn't the case for the self-titled album. I felt that this song was filler.

146. "DADDY"
    Way before Beyoncé released "Daddy Lessons" from Lemonade, she already crafted a somewhat similar ode to her father, which happens to be manager at the time, Mathew Knowles. It's not really one of her best songs and it deserved the hidden track treatment.

145. "NICE"
    (THE CARTERS)
    I could not stand this song when I first heard it. It sounds like a typical 'gloating' song produced by Pharrell Williams, reminiscent of the many hip-hop songs from the previous decade. Only a brand like THE CARTERS can pull off something like this.

144. "ONCE IN A LIFETIME"
    Taken from the Cadillac Records soundtrack, this song earned Beyoncé's second Golden Globe nomination. It's quite different from the other Beyoncé songs in the soundtrack since most of the songs required her to pull an Etta James kind of vocal performance (as she portrayed the iconic soul singer in the movie).

143. "BOSS"
    Though not really a bad song, I felt that this sounded like a clone of "***Flawless" from the self-titled album. Blue Ivy makes a cute shout out to her younger siblings Rumi and Sir, at the end of the track.

142. "GIFT FROM VIRGO"
    Though the song sounds cohesive to the other tracks in the Dangerously in Love album, I felt that it's definitely one of the weakest songs Beyoncé has recorded. It follows after the "Beyoncé Interlude", which seemed like she highlighted that this was the outro or encore song. I think "Dangerously in Love 2" deserved that final spot (to end the album on a high note).

141. "TOP OFF"
    (DJ Khaled featuring JAY-Z, Future and Beyoncé)
    If this song took off and became a hit, the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album could have had more similar-sounding songs. It felt like a 'test-the-waters' kind of single since JAY-Z and Beyoncé were going to release the joint album later in 2018. It's definitely one of their weakest featured singles.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 13th, 2019, 17:33

Superpower is ok and I like Ring off.

Top off is horrible as well as all tracks from The Carters.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 13th, 2019, 22:56

140. "FORWARD"
    (featuring James Blake)
    This could have been a full song with James Blake. Beyoncé's vocals is barely on this as she only does some singing towards the end.

139. "DIE WITH YOU"
    It's a simple ballad initially released in 2015 together with a music video. Two years later, Beyoncé released a new video of the song (exclusively on Tidal) commemorating her wedding anniversary with husband JAY-Z. It's just an okay song for me.

138. "GOD MADE YOU BEAUTIFUL"
    Co-written by Sia, this song was a bonus track from the Life Is But a Dream autobiographical film Beyoncé released in 2013. There are some elements in the production that are similar to "Standing on the Sun", which was also co-written by Sia.

137. "I GOT THAT"
    (Amil featuring Beyoncé Knowles)
    A lot may not know about this single from rapper Amil, who was the lead female rap act of JAY-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records. It's actually the first song to feature Beyoncé as a solo artist. I remember seeing this on MTV back in 2000, but obviously, "Say My Name" was all over the place at the time and "Jumpin' Jumpin'" was about to be released when Amil was promoting this single.

136. "POISON"
    The song was released as a bonus track in the 2009 re-release of I Am... Sasha Fierce. I can see why it didn't make the final track listing of the original edition. I feel like this and "Radio" could have been interchangeable songs.

135. "SHINING"
    (DJ Khaled featuring Beyoncé and JAY-Z)
    The song could have been a bigger hit if it was promoted well with a music video. It was premiered during the 59th Grammy Awards. It's definitely a much better single than "Top Off", in my opinion.

134. "I'D RATHER GO BLIND"
    As part of Cadillac Records, Beyoncé recorded this Etta James classic. I think she gave a great rendition to this song. It's very simple but she definitely delivered the vocals here.

133. "I WAS HERE"
    As much as the song had a great universal message, I felt that it didn't fit in the 4 album. It's my least favorite song and it never really grew on me. The United Nations World Humanitarian Day performance was amazing though. It really sounded more of a charity single than an album track.

132. "RADIO"
    I only started to like this song when I saw the live performance during the I Am.. World Tour. I didn't seem to pay attention to this song when it was initially released. I felt that there were a lot of deluxe edition tracks that deserved to be in the standard version of the Sasha Fierce disc.

131. "SIGNS"
    (featuring Missy Elliott)
    This used to be one of my favorite songs from the Dangerously in Love album. It's funny how the chorus helped me memorize astrological signs in chronological order back in the day. It's such a silly-sounding song, especially the chorus, I can't believe I used to play it a lot before.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat April 13th, 2019, 23:14

Poison is ok, Radio is really good. I hate I was here :x
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 14th, 2019, 03:43

I'll definitely be following this! I went with 4 in the poll.

Superpower - good, but I'm not terribly offended seeing it so low.
    That's How You Like It - meh.
    713 - decent.
    Ring Off - I really like this, though I can admit that it's not particularly outstanding.
    Daddy - decent, but you can tell that it's early Beyoncé.
    Nice - okay.
    Boss - not bad.
    Gift from Virgo - this is one of her career-worst tracks.
    Top Off - I love Bey's attitude in this, but the song's awful.
    Forward - I don't even count this as a 'song'; it's just an interlude for me.
    Die with You - basic.
    God Made You Beautiful - but God didn't make this song any good.
    Poison - overrated, but still good.
    Shining - nope.
    I'd Rather Go Blind - good!
    Radio - now this is good stuff that deserves to be much higher!
    Signs - absolutely awful.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 14th, 2019, 08:56

Thank you so much for the comments. I actually had to travel for work last week and all I did was listen to solo Beyoncé music non-stop so that I can have an accurate ranking of what I think are Beyoncé's best songs. It made me reminisce while listening to a lot of the tracks.

Below are some of the other songs that didn't make the Top 100.

130. "FAMILY FEUD"
    (JAY-Z featuring Beyoncé)
    This song is an extension of the continuous celebration of JAY-Z's success in both his personal life and career. Beyoncé isn't as prominent here as in the other songs that feature her. I don't know if it just sounds like it but I think JAY-Z had that Windows notification sound on loop in the song. It's very distracting at first. The song is just alright.

129. "BLACK EFFECT"
    (THE CARTERS)
    I actually love this song. The use of "Broken Strings" as a sample is so refreshing compared to other songs from the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album. It makes me wonder why they just stopped releasing singles after "APESHIT". As much as I wasn't that fond of this upon its release, songs like "BLACK EFFECT" made me like the album more.

128. "1+1"
    I can still remember when this song was released as a promo single for 4. There was so much fanfare surrounding the song and many critics and fans thought that her performance would be a shoo-in for Best R&B Vocal Performance at the Grammy Awards. Also, there was an issue on the lyrics that "1+1" is arithmetic and not algebra. The music video for this is one of her best; however, the song is just alright.

127. "LOVEHAPPY"
    (THE CARTERS)
    As the closing track from the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album, it was pretty much expected that THE CARTERS create the perfect bookend track to their album saga. I feel like after talking about themselves in each track, it seems to drag at the end; nonetheless, it is a decent track.

126. "WHEN I FIRST SAW YOU (DUET)"
    (Jamie Foxx and Beyoncé Knowles)
    The song was used as the love theme between Deena Jones (Beyoncé) and Curtis Taylor, Jr. (Jamie Foxx) in the Dreamgirls movie. To me, it's one of the catchiest songs in the soundtrack. It also made me appreciate Jamie Foxx as a singer.

125. "RISE UP"
    The song is from the soundtrack of the animated movie, Epic. It's very refreshing to hear compared to the usual R&B uptempo songs from Beyoncé. This track, which is co-penned by Sia, is a nice addition to Beyoncé's catalog.

124. "FEVER (2010 VERSION)"
    Beyoncé actually recorded "Fever" twice, the first one was part of the soundtrack of her movie, The Fighting Temptations, in 2003. The second version, which was released in 2010, was part of the promotion of her fragrance, Heat. The second version is definitely much better than the first version. I love that Beyoncé showcased her lower register on it.

123. "GROWN WOMAN"
    The song's video serves as bonus material in the BEYONCÉ video anthology. How I wish she included the audio version in the Platinum Edition. It's so much better than "Ring Off". The music video is one of her best ones as well, the part where one baby leans over to Beyoncé's face (towards the end of the video) was such a cute moment.

122. "RATHER DIE YOUNG"
    This song was actually one of my favorite songs from the 4 album. I used to listen to it a lot. I was even annoyed when it wasn't given a music video treatment, especially since "Dance 4 U" (which was a deluxe edition track) had a music video. I don't really listen to it as much but I still love the old school 1970s soul influences in it.

121. "STANDING ON THE SUN (REMIX)"
    (featuring Mr. Vegas)
    I really like this song. I feel like if Beyoncé had given it actual promotion, it would have ended up as one of her classics. The dancehall nature of the track is very infectious, I actually thought that at one point, a surprise music video for it will be released. I can only imagine how incredible the choreography for this song would have been. Mr. Vegas's part even makes it better.

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 14th, 2019, 14:15

I checked out "Once in a Lifetime" and "I Got That". The former is lovely; the latter is awful.

Family Feud - don't care for this.
    Black Effect - one of the better songs on that LP.
    1+1 - the only sub-par song on 4.
    LoveHappy - good!
    Rise Up - basic but absolutely beautiful, too!
    Grown Woman - good.
    Rather Die Young - Bey's passion here is something else.
    Standing on the Sun - underrated bop.
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 14th, 2019, 16:59

120. "WALK ON WATER"
    (Eminem featuring Beyoncé)
    This song from Eminem's comeback album, Revival, came as a huge surprise as no one ever saw Beyoncé and Eminem joining forces in one track. Though it charted decently, it failed to become a huge hit for both A-list acts. To be honest, it's not really the worst song in history, but it's just that a frustrated and emotional Eminem wasn't what fans and casual listeners were looking forward to hearing (especially for a lead single). I also didn't understand the last part where he suddenly blurted "So me and you are not alike, b*tch, I wrote Stan!" which I thought was unnecessary. Though Beyoncé sounded amazing, it was indeed a very underwhelming collaboration.

119. "YOU CHANGED"
    (Kelly Rowland featuring Beyoncé and Michelle Williams)
    I think this collaboration (and Destiny's Child reunion) was a wasted opportunity for Kelly Rowland's Talk a Good Game era. I love the laid-back vibe of this song, it reminded me of a grown-up version of the Destiny's Child single, "Girl". It would have been nice to see the girls together in another R&B song.

118. "HEY GOLDMEMBER"
    (featuring Devin and Solange)
    This may be the campiest song in this chart but I don't mind having it place. I was obsessed with the Austin Powers movies back in the day and this song was so catchy. I remember watching Austin Powers in Goldmember and enjoying the impromptu performance of Foxy Cleopatra (Beyoncé) in the movie.

117. "FREEDOM"
    (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
    This one is definitely one of the acclaimed tracks in the Lemonade album. I love that the production fits the politically-charged theme of the song. The surprise performance with Kendrick Lamar at the BET Awards 2016 was amazing as well. It's obviously one of the highlights of Beyoncé's career but I think there are a hundred better songs than this.

116. "BLOW"
    This used to be a huge favorite of mine in 2013 (it has gotten a bit stale for me through the years) but I remember being so obsessed with the music video for this when BEYONCÉ came out. It really captured the mood of the song. At one point, I really wanted this to become a single (since I liked it so much and I felt that this song could have been Beyoncé's "Blurred Lines" which was also produced by Pharrell Williams).

115. "JUST STAND UP"
    (Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Natasha Bedingfield, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Keyshia Cole, LeAnn Rimes, Ashanti and Ciara)
    I almost forgot about this song. I remember loving the fact that all these women came together to perform for the Stand Up to Cancer campaign. Having fifteen singers in this was too much, I think they could have limited it to at least 6-8 vocalists. Beyoncé, Leona Lewis, Fergie, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood and Mary J. Blige were the obvious vocal stand-outs in both the recorded and live versions.

114. "HEAVY"
    (Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé Knowles and Anika Noni Rose)
    This song clocks in at exactly 1 minute and 33 seconds, making it one of the shortest tracks in the chart. It's one of my favorite songs in the Dreamgirls soundtrack. It was performed when Deena Jones (Beyoncé) was already the lead singer while Effie White (Jennifer Hudson) was reduced to a background vocalist in the group. The scene where this song was played is definitely one of the movie highlights.

113. "AT LAST"
    Beyoncé's rendition of the Etta James classic is one of her most overlooked songs. I definitely think Beyoncé can pull off a soul/blues/jazz kind of album, but with how she is handling her career, it seems that she is still very much focused on the mainstream. I just recently watched Cadillac Records and I enjoyed her portrayal of Etta James. Though she didn't have as much screen time as compared to the male characters, she did quite well.

112. "SATELLITES"
    Although I don't really play this song as much as I used to, I still think it's one of the great songs in the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. I feel like all the nine songs from the I Am... disc could have worked as a separate album. Though some fans have been very critical of the ballads (I can still recall many buyers in Amazon giving low ratings due to the unusual nature of having that many ballads in a Beyoncé album) I think all of the I Am... songs were brilliant.

111. "IF"
    This song replaced "Still in Love (Kissing You)" in the deluxe edition of B'Day after the publishers of the Des'ree hit filed a lawsuit against Sony Music for violating the conditions they gave in covering the song. As much as I liked Beyoncé's remake of "Kissing You", I didn't mind having this one in the re-release. It's a nice deluxe edition track.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun April 14th, 2019, 17:38

1+1 is really enjoyable and it grew on me back then.

Rather die young and Standing on the sun are nice too.

Walk on water is horrible.

Blow is fantastic and the best song on Beyonce.

Just stand up is nice.

Satellites is ok, but I don't listen to it often.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 15th, 2019, 14:22

This is the last group of songs that didn't make the Top 100.

110. "FRIENDS"
    (THE CARTERS)
    I was really very hesitant to listen to the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album at first. This is one of the first tracks that I liked. I really feel that if it was marketed as a 'Beyoncé featuring JAY-Z' album, it would have generated more fan love (and probably better sales and streaming). Songs like this proved that THE CARTERS shine when Beyoncé is in the driver seat.

109. "LOST YO MIND"
    Beyoncé releasing a ten-track album with B'Day in 2006 was deemed too short, especially for the fans who waited three years after Dangerously in Love. Having heard many of the bonus tracks, it was evident that Beyoncé was on a roll here, these uptempo tracks she recorded that didn't make the standard edition were all amazing. Her vocals here were on a different level, I don't think anyone else can give a better interpretation of the B'Day songs.

108. "FEELING MYSELF"
    (Nicki Minaj featuring Beyoncé)
    This was released at the time when Beyoncé, JAY-Z and all their business partners were still caught up in the whole Tidal streaming service. Unfortunately, the video to this song was released as a Tidal exclusive, which ruined its success. It would have done so well had it been released after "Anaconda".

107. "7/11"
    This song grew on me. However, I think it would have been better as an interlude. Songs like "Ghost" and "Yoncé" should have been full songs, in my opinion.

106. "LOVE A WOMAN"
    (Mary J. Blige featuring Beyoncé)
    I really love this song. It just has this nostalgic nineties vibe. It's definitely one of those tracks that should have been given a proper single treatment.

105. "AVE MARIA"
    At times, I really don't like this song. I still think it flows very well in the I Am... disc. Beyoncé doing the falsetto is nice to hear.

104. "SAY YES"
    (Michelle Williams featuring Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland)
    If I were to make a ranking in a couple of years, this song would have climbed further in the chart. The song is very infectious and catchy. It was so nice to see Destiny's Child reunite at the 2015 Stellar Awards with this song.

103. "GHOST"
    If this only was a full song, it would have been in the Top 50 of this chart. I immediately liked it when I first heard it. I first listened to it while watching all the visuals and I just love the message of the song.

102. "RUNNIN' (LOSE IT ALL)"
    (Naughty Boy featuring Beyoncé and Arrow Benjamin)
    This was such a random collaboration but I think it worked well. It feels like it could fit in the 4 album. It would have been a better closing track than "I Was Here".

101. "DON'T HURT YOURSELF"
    (featuring Jack White)
    I only liked this when Beyoncé performed it at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards. Rock is a bit contrived for her, to be honest. I think having Jack White made it a lot easier for her to pull this off.

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 22nd, 2019, 18:14

Walk on Water - meh song.
    You Changed - unmemorable.
    Freedom - way too low; this is an anthem!
    Blow - overrated.
    Just Stand Up - great song for a great cause.
    Heavy - good song, great scene from the film.
    At Last - good, but Etta's version is superior.
    Satellites - beautiful; it grew on me over the years.
    If - basic, but good!
    Friends - okay.
    Lost Yo Mind - a bit too much for me.
    Feeling Myself - catchy.
    7/11 - fun song. I'm happy that Bey's doing more of these songs these days.
    Ave Maria - aw, this is gorgeous! It should be at least 50 places higher.
    Say Yes - basic.
    Ghost - fantastic set-up for "Haunted".
    Runnin' (Lose It All) - oh, this is brilliant. Beyoncé is one of the greatest vocalists ever, and I love when her voice is given the main stage to really shine, as is the case on this track.
    Don't Hurt Yourself - there isn't a bad song on Lemonade, but this is one of the weaker ones.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon April 22nd, 2019, 19:59

Don't hurt yourself is ok for a Lemonade track. Ave Maria is a bit boring. Runnin is bad and Say Yes is fine for me, 7/11 and Feeling myself are decent songs.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 1st, 2019, 10:47

THE TOP 100
    Thank you for the comments. Below are some of the songs that made the Top 100.

100. "DADDY LESSONS"
    (featuring Dixie Chicks)
    This version with Dixie Chicks was a lot livelier than the solo version on the Lemonade album. I feel like it was an obvious move to win the country audience by going at the CMA Awards (the same way Justin Timberlake did the same a year prior by having Chris Stapleton perform "Drink You Away" with him during his set). It's just an okay song but the message is amazing.

099. "SUMMER"
    (THE CARTERS)
    This song used to be my favorite. It really deserved the Grammy nomination for Best R&B Performance. I actually thought this was going to be in Best Rap/Sung Performance but seeing "Drunk in Love" win in Best R&B Performance, it was fitting that this song be classified in that category as well. It's so refreshing to hear compared to the many hip-hop songs. Other songs on the EVERYTHING IS LOVE album grew on me since then.

098. "BLUE"
    (featuring Blue Ivy)
    Following the likes of Christina Aguilera ("My Heart") and Alicia Keys ("When It's All Over"), Beyoncé included her first-born child Blue Ivy in her album. Not only was Blue's vocals part of the song but she was also credited as an artist, something Mariah Carey would take notes from (when she credited her twins Roc and Roe in "Supernatural") in 2014. The song is nice, the music video made it even better.

097. "WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD"
    (featuring JAY-Z)
    The original version which appeared on JAY-Z's Kingdom Come album was just okay. This version which features more of Beyoncé's vocals is better. It could have been nice to have a full video treatment of the song featuring her fan encounters just as what was shown in the DVD of The Beyoncé Experience.

096. "YONCÉ"
    Though not considered a full song, I think that it deserved to be a separate track just like "Ghost". It's very catchy and I'm glad it got a separate video treatment. The album could have also been entitled 'Yoncé' but I think it would be too similar to Kanye's 'Yeezus' album title, which was released in the same year.

095. "AMOR GITANO"
    (Alejandro Fernández and Beyoncé)
    I used to love this song a lot when it was included as one of the many deluxe edition tracks on the 2007 edition of B'Day. I think Beyoncé and Alejandro's voices sounded really nice in this song. It was so random to have this in B'Day but it seemed to fit in the album theme as well as "Beautiful Liar", which was another Latin-pop track.

094. "LOVE IN THIS CLUB PART 2"
    (Usher featuring Beyoncé and Lil Wayne)
    I almost forgot about this song. I remember listening to it a lot early in 2008 when Usher dominated with "Love in This Club" and released Here I Stand. I didn't understand why this didn't get a music video, it could have been a number one single just like "My Boo" considering the star power in this collaboration.

093. "HIP HOP STAR"
    (featuring Big Boi and Sleepy Brown)
    I used to dislike this track so much. I remember skipping it a lot until it grew on me some years later. I remember thinking that it might become a single at the time since it was again another song which featured a well-known hip-hop artist (Big Boi).

092. "LIFT OFF"
    (JAY-Z and Kanye West featuring Beyoncé)
    To be honest, the song isn't really that much of a favorite. Kanye and JAY-Z sounded so annoying in this song. I only like the production and Beyoncé's vocals. I think it fits in Kanye West's earlier albums.

091. "HONESTY"
    Initially released from the compilation album, Mathew Knowles & Music World Present Vol.1: Love Destiny, this Billy Joel remake appeared as a bonus track in the Platinum Edition of the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. I used to play this track a lot, I didn't even know that it was already released in the compilation album since I remember randomly downloading it together with the earlier version of "Sweet Dreams" (which was then entitled "Beautiful Nightmare") in 2008.

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 00:20

Daddy Lessons - best song on Lemonade. I prefer the solo version.
    Summer - meh.
    Blue - cute but not exceptional.
    Welcome to Hollywood - catchy but basic.
    Yoncé - hmm...'Yoncé' is an exciting album title, but I'm glad she went with the self-titled option 'cause the album's sound doesn't really scream Yoncé to me. Either way, this is a cute prelude to the main show.
    Love in This Club - yeah, I, too, wish this were properly pushed as a single. It would've been massive!
    Hip Hop Star - bleh.
    Lift Off - meh.
    Honesty - OMG, I haven't heard this in ages!

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 15:27

090. "FLAWS AND ALL"
    I really love the message of this song. I still think this should have been a proper single released after "Beautiful Liar". Beyoncé could have even released a third album in 2007 with all the B'Day songs that did not make the original ten-track release the year prior. I think the video is cute but they could have created a better music video.

089. "ONE NIGHT ONLY (DISCO)"
    The disco version of the song acts as the 'stolen song' Deena Jones (Beyoncé) released as a single, a move that orchestrated destroying the career of her former groupmate, Effie White (Jennifer Hudson). I still love the song but I don't play it as much as I did more than a decade ago.

088. "SANDCASTLES"
    I didn't expect this kind of song in the Lemonade album. It's a great ballad but I feel like it's out of place in the album. It's very similar to Sarah McLachlan's "Angel", which Beyoncé used to perform in her I Am... Sasha Fierce tour.

087. "NO ANGEL"
    Interestingly, the song's title is stylized with the word 'Angel' in strikethrough effect. At first, I didn't like the song, but it grew on me after listening to the album many times. It's really one of those moments in the BEYONCÉ album that showed variety in tracks.

086. "6 INCH"
    (featuring The Weeknd)
    This song reminds me of the vibe in "Ring the Alarm". The video is so fierce yet so dark. I think it could have worked as a second single but there's not much going on in the song that can make it stand out over the other Lemonade songs.

085. "SAVE THE HERO"
    I don't understand how this was only a bonus track in the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. It's a lot stronger than songs like "Ave Maria" and "Satellites". With how much of a strong pop album I Am... Sasha Fierce was (I still consider it more pop than R&B-leaning), Beyoncé could have actually released the nine tracks from the I Am... side as an album, with the Sasha Fierce tracks released as another album a year later (which could have worked perfectly since the whole era ran from 2008 to 2010 anyway).

084. "DREAMGIRLS"
    (Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé Knowles and Anika Noni Rose)
    I remember being so obsessed with this song when I was anticipating the premiere of the Dreamgirls film. The song is very pivotal in the movie storyline as it was the first song to feature Deena Jones (Beyoncé) in lead vocals, something that would change the group's dynamic in the film. I used to play this non-stop since the trailer got me so hooked. I can't believe that this was released more than 12 years ago.

083. "VIDEO PHONE (EXTENDED REMIX)"
    (featuring Lady Gaga)
    I used to dislike this song when the I Am... Sasha Fierce album was released. I felt that the Sasha Fierce bonus tracks were a lot stronger than the songs on the standard version. I was shocked to see this getting a release with Lady Gaga on it. I felt like it was unnecessary and they could have chosen another song (a new song perhaps) instead of just recycling this one.

082. "STILL IN LOVE (KISSING YOU)"
    Beyoncé and Sony got in trouble when the inclusion of this song in the re-release of B'Day violated some of the publisher's requests in copyright conditions. As a result, the song (and the music video) was omitted from further pressings of the re-release. I think it was a nice cover, but obviously, Des'ree's version is way superior.

081. "ROCKET"
    This is definitely one of the catchiest songs in the BEYONCÉ album. It's definitely one of my favorites. I also love the music video she made for this song, it fits the theme and the vibe of the song so well.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 19:10

I like Daddy Lessons.

Sandcastles is the worst song on Lemonade I would say. Same for Rocket on Beyonce.

I enjoy Video phone and the video for it.

Save the hero is one of her best songs.

6 inch and No Angel are good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri May 3rd, 2019, 19:11

I like Daddy Lessons.

Sandcastles is the worst song on Lemonade I would say. Same for Rocket on Beyonce.

I enjoy Video phone and the video for it.

Save the hero is one of her best songs.

6 inch and No Angel are good.

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 10:03

080. "SUMMERTIME"
    (featuring P. Diddy)
    Though the song didn't appear in the film, it was included in the Fighting Temptations soundtrack. I remember wishing it was a properly released single. It was played a lot here in R&B radio stations in the Philippines, I actually thought that it was going to be released as a single after "Baby Boy".

079. "YES"
    This used to be one of my favorite songs. I really love the chorus so much. I remember reading fan reviews saying that Dangerously in Love leaned towards midtempos way too much but I think it was she actually had strong material despite not having a whole album of "Crazy in Love", "Naughty Girl" and "Baby Boy" uptempos.

078. "SORRY"
    Obviously, this song was one of the most hyped songs in Lemonade due to the 'Becky' reference. I think it's just an okay song. Beyoncé's team definitely milked the 'cheating scandal' with the release of this song. I'm surprised this wasn't submitted to the R&B categories in the Grammy Awards (based on her fan sites, she submitted "Formation" to R&B categories over this one), she could have easily won over her sister Solange.

077. "EGO"
    The song used to be one of my favorite songs in the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. I think that the solo version is already amazing. I think it would have been a better single following "Single Ladies".

076. "PART II (ON THE RUN)"
    (JAY-Z featuring Beyoncé)
    I think this would have been a big hit if it was billed as a Beyoncé song, and was included in her album. I think apart from her other singles with JAY-Z, this one stood out the most in the first On the Run tour.

075. "HEAVEN"
    This is one of her best videos. It captures the mood of the song very well. It should have been the closing track in the BEYONCÉ album.

074. "CREOLE"
    I was surprised this didn't make the standard edition of B'Day. The title alone is an autobiographical representation of Beyoncé. It may sound a bit similar to "Suga Mama" but I still think it should have been on the album.

073. "MI GENTE"
    (J Balvin and Willy William featuring Beyoncé)
    I think the original version without Beyoncé was already amazing. Her additional verse was nice. How I wish she didn't touch on the other parts, I think some of her added adlibs didn't fit well in the song. Also, the constant shout out and inclusion of Blue Ivy's vocals were unnecessary (as much as she claims that it was Blue who made her consider doing the remix).

072. "WORK IT OUT"
    This is actually the first official Beyoncé single in her career. Though it was unfortunate that this didn't become a big hit in the United States, obviously, there were bigger plans for her. The video for this was good. I also loved Austin Powers in Goldmember film.

071. "START OVER"
    I was surprised that songs like "I Miss You", "I Care", "End of Time" and "Start Over" did not get music video treatments. I think Beyoncé had a lot of great songs in the 4 album that didn't get to shine as much as her album tracks from her recent albums. This song is definitely one of Beyoncé's finest vocal performances in 4.

Legend
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 11:47

Heaven and Start over are nice Sorry is ok and Ego is enjoyable

Legend
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 15:46

070. "HOLD UP"
    This is a nice song but I think it fits Rihanna's tone more than Beyoncé's. It definitely got a lot of attention in comparison to other Lemonade songs. I think other tracks like "All Night" and "Love Drought" are much superior.

069. "BEAUTIFUL LIAR"
    (Beyoncé and Shakira)
    I already heard the leaked version for this song way before Beyoncé had Shakira on board to record the song. The duet version is definitely better and the music video was fantastic. I haven't really played this as much as the other Beyoncé songs.

068. "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME"
    I don't understand why this was only a bonus track. It's not even in the first deluxe edition of the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. The song is so much better than some of the other Sasha Fierce songs on the standard edition. It's really annoying that one has to complete all editions to get all the songs from this era.

067. "BACK UP"
    "Déjŕ Vu" was the only Darkchild song that made the official ten-track edition of the B'Day album. "World Wide Woman" (which was another Darkchild song) made the 2007 deluxe edition. For some reason, "Back Up" (the third known Darkchild song to have been recorded for B'Day) was only a Circuit City bonus track. I still think it's one of the best songs from B'Day, it deserved to be there more than other deluxe tracks like "If" and "Flaws and All".

066. "SPEECHLESS"
    I only started to like this track some years later. I remember skipping this a lot back when Dangerously in Love was just released. It has grown on me since then. I feel like it sounds so mature than the other songs on the album.

065. "LAY UP UNDER ME"
    This batch of songs had a lot of deluxe edition or bonus tracks that I felt should have made the main track listing. "Lay Up Under Me" is again one of those songs. It's such a feel-good love song.

064. "KITTY KAT"
    I really love this song. It's definitely not single-material but it's one of the certified bops in the B'Day album. I like the video interlude she did for this song in the B'Day Anthology.

063. "APESHIT"
    (THE CARTERS)
    This grew on me lately. I couldn't stand this song last year. I know this is a THE CARTERS record but just like some of the other EVERYTHING IS LOVE songs where Beyoncé performs more vocals than JAY-Z, the billing should have been 'Beyoncé featuring JAY-Z'. I'm sure this song would have fared better in that arrangement.

062. "PUT IT IN A LOVE SONG"
    (Alicia Keys featuring Beyoncé)
    Whatever happened to the video for this song? It's still a mystery as to what really happened that caused its postponement. The single would have been at least a decent hit for both artists.

061. "BE WITH YOU"
    I remember listening to this a lot when Dangerously in Love was released. It's definitely one of the strongest album tracks. I used to prefer this song over "Me, Myself and I" back in 2003.