User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 1990s (#107) (#26)

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 17th, 2019, 09:48

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post

This deserved to be much higher

Superstar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 17th, 2019, 11:36

Some there I may have shortlisted if had more votes, You Oughta Know, Angel of MIne, What A Girl Wants, Kiss Me to name a few.

Waiting For Tonight great follow up that I also voted for. Funny you mention the Janet connection, If 'That's The Way Love Goes' is yet to come, J Lo appears in the video (In a 'before she was big' retroactive recognition kinda way).

Also the 'Sometimes the Snow comes down in June' line is not shocking for us here if taken from the perspective of the Southern Hemisphere. It's a bit like the recent one in Jonas Brothers' Sucker where they go on about it being 'like Heat in December'. yeah. thats pretty typical for Summer in Australia haha.

Manager
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 14:29

"(You Drive Me) Crazy" I am SO SO sorry that these ugly ass bitches didn’t vote for you

Legend
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 16:08

Kiss Me - cute classic.
    What a Girl Wants - catchy.
    Better the Devil You Know - her fifth UK #2 and its top two votes are #2 placements. Lovely! I think this is one of Kylie's most underrated gems. So catchy and so relatable.
    Hero - ah, this is a special one. It's gotten me through many a tough day.
    Save the Best for Last - such a pretty song! Her vocals are gorgeous.
    Waiting for Tonight - a bop!
    Spice Up Your Life - perhaps their best chorus!
    I'm Your Baby Tonight - totally agree with your write-up. I would've voted for it were it not for the three-song-per-artist restriction. I prefer the European mix of the song.
    The Sign - I still think the song ended up sounding too merry. That doesn't stop me from liking it, though.
    (You Drive Me) Crazy - love the video!
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [15-11]

Legend
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 20:24

The last bunch is amazing, I love all 5 songs!

Legend
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 20:58

@cheapthrills, did you have a chance yet to re-see the points/voters for I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis?
    @JeremySpears, next time let's make a deal. I'll vote three songs in for Britney if you give Debbie Gibson some love. Debbie was the Britney of her time, so that won't have to be so hard.
    @JSparksFan, I would have voted for Whitney's I'm Your Baby Tonight too, as I LOVE the European version. But the reason I didn't vote was I wasn't sure which version would get the points.
    My personal chart Beyoncé highest new entry... at #... - Click here

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 21:04

I’m Your Baby Tonight was our first taste of Gutterney after so many years of being whitewashed. The EU version is trash tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    This is her most overrated song ever. And one of my least favorite [Kween] songs.
    Two Noodz Later:
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    You made me appreciate and love the GOAT

Legend
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Yesterday, 22:16

I'm your baby tonight is fantastic. I listen to the American normal version.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 12:40

I'm pretty sure that update wiped most of my left to be revealed votes, Including my #1, Ace Of Base The Sign, Loved that one and All That She Wants in the early 90's (Don't worry cheapthrills I too thought as a kid she could also be talking about this girl who just wants to have another actual baby, haha).

Spice Up Your Life I think was a peak Spice Girls moment, that futuristic video just epitomised the reach 'Spicemania' had gotten to in late 1997 with all the brand names and such. I remember the merchandise and that Spice branded Polaroid Camera!

The reason that Melissa Joan Hart appears in the Britney Clip (and also Adrian Grenier) is because the song was on the soundtrack to their teen flick (and also changed the title to) 'Drive Me Crazy'. although retrospectively I think the song is more remembered as one of Britney's early jams than connecting as 'that song Britney did for that movie' IMO. Kindof want to check it out actually after watching this clip of MJH looking back on it and the Britney video:

Thinking too that the Stop! remix would go well as a mash up with BSB's Larger Than Life.
    Last edited by Affillate; Today at 12:49.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Today, 13:30

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    @cheapthrills, did you have a chance yet to re-see the points/voters for I Love You Always Forever by Donna Lewis?
    I haven't forgotten about updating it. It's just I am traveling right now, so I'll have to do it when I get back home on Monday. I can just post the graphics right now.

Legend
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cha Cha Instructor