View Poll Results: What are your TOP 5 Madame X songs?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medellín (with Maluma)

20 35.71%
  • Dark Ballet

21 37.50%
  • God Control

44 78.57%
  • Future (with Quavo)

8 14.29%
  • Batuka

13 23.21%
  • Killers Who Are Partying

22 39.29%
  • Crave (with Swae Lee)

22 39.29%
  • Crazy

20 35.71%
  • Come Alive

8 14.29%
  • Extreme Occident

17 30.36%
  • Faz Gostoso (featuring Anitta)

29 51.79%
  • Bitch I’m Loca (featuring Maluma)

5 8.93%
  • I Don’t Search I Find

22 39.29%
  • Looking For Mercy

18 32.14%
  • I Rise

12 21.43%
  • Funana

3 5.36%
  • Back That Up to the Beat

2 3.57%
  • Ciao Bella

8 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511

Thread: Madonna - Madame X

Superstar
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 20:25

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    I don’t believe sending a song to radio is the marker of an official single, that’s absurd. Many promo singles are sent to radio (“Masterpiece” says hello). Now, if you need M to type the word “single” on another Instagram post to confirm it as a single, well, that’s super silly. “I rise” has received more promo and a better treatment than “Crave” already. The strategy changes for every song being released and I don’t mind that. In the end, they probably realise sending the song to radio may be a waste of time as it won’t get much airplay, who knows?
    So basically your criteria for what a single is... your own perception or just being somehow separately released (remixes, video, etc.)? I guess we had so many singles this era then. Well done M!
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 21:39

Anyone who doesn't think I Rise is an official single is crazy tbh... Medellin clearly the lead too...I think the issue is they tried with a few songs but never really fully committed...

Manager
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 22:41

"Medellín" and "Crave" are the only singles. PERIODT!

"Batuka", "God Control" and "Dark Ballet" even had videos, something "I Rise" doesn’t have. Does that mean that they are singles?

Roadie
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 23:00

Hey, this discussion in itself proves that no one truly knows which songs were the actual “singles”. You know what? I think M and Interscope had a far more open minded approach to selling the album than most people on here do. Did it produce the results they were expecting? Probably not, but it was an interesting and exciting approach. To the last comment, YES, “I rise” did have a video, but Madonna decided to release it with/through Time Magazine (obviously because they co-funded/produced it).

“I rise” had a video, remixes, actively promoted by her (even with a performance!) and a vinyl release. So it hasn’t been sent to radio, oh well. This whole era has been targeted at her hardcore fans mainly anyway. They tried to reach out to the GP with “Medellin” and maybe even “Crave” and it didn’t work. So why bother again?
    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

by » Tue September 10th, 2019, 23:17

I Rise was a promo single, so were the other songs released prior to album release. Medellin and Crave are the official singles released from this album. I Rise was serviced to clubs and dance radio, that doesn't mean it was an official single.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Superstar
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2019, 00:25

There are no "official" singles in 2019 when physical singles market hardly exists.
    The fact that "I Rise" will have a physical release means it's a single by definition.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2019, 01:01

OK, I didn’t want to cause any trouble. I remember that Medellin and Crave were labelled by M’s team as MX’s lead singles (worldwide except the US the former, in the US the latter), and I was wondering if I Rise could be considered something more than a promo.
    The fact it has a video, remixes, a ltd 7’’ edition as a part of the MX boxset and a future, proper (although limited) vinyl edition should have been enough for it to be considered a single, a few years ago...

by » Wed September 11th, 2019, 06:15

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    Hey, this discussion in itself proves that no one truly knows which songs were the actual “singles”. You know what? I think M and Interscope had a far more open minded approach to selling the album than most people on here do. Did it produce the results they were expecting? Probably not, but it was an interesting and exciting approach. To the last comment, YES, “I rise” did have a video, but Madonna decided to release it with/through Time Magazine (obviously because they co-funded/produced it).

“I rise” had a video, remixes, actively promoted by her (even with a performance!) and a vinyl release. So it hasn’t been sent to radio, oh well. This whole era has been targeted at her hardcore fans mainly anyway. They tried to reach out to the GP with “Medellin” and maybe even “Crave” and it didn’t work. So why bother again?
    This... I Rise literally has had everything a single would have apart from maybe a cassette and CD format release? But then again why does it even matter, when I get the 12" single I shall be putting it with my other 12" singles and treating it like a 12" single even if some people don't think it is....

Legend
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2019, 10:23

In this streaming age, if you don't service a song to any radio format, it's not an official single. Both Medellin and Crave were serviced to Pop and AC/HAC radios, therefore they are official singles.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

by » Wed September 11th, 2019, 10:26

I'm still mad she hasn't released 'Faz Gostoso' as a single.