Thread: Homepage Ideas - DISCUSS HERE

Legend
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

by Mon April 22nd, 2019, 15:38

Do you feel UKMIX needs a main homepage?

• Yes [28.05%]
    • No [71.95%]

Despite almost three quarters of respondents not feeling UKMIX needs a homepage, it is something the team would like to explore re-introducing. This will likely begin with the Reviews feature, but we would like to understand...

Should UKMIX reintroduce a homepage, what would you like it to include?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

by Mon April 22nd, 2019, 15:51

Maybe make it useful music wise? Single/albums releases for the next week (or two maybe), music reviews (even though I have no idea how those work here). Maybe on this day in music spotlight: landmark album releases anniversaries, big music performances (Beychella, Madonna's Like a Virgin MTV performance, Live Aid, Live 8, Woodstock etc..)?
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by Mon April 22nd, 2019, 17:51

It would be nice to have a homepage which would bring back the original purpose of it, to make people aware that UKMix isn't just a forum but rather a website. However the old homepage was largely left neglected and as a result I rarely bothered with it after about 2008/9. Would someone have the time to constanly update the page? And what would it be a homepage to? If its just to direct people to the forums and a reviews page then it's not really needed and would most likely be bypassed.

Would it be possible to have a news section that could be updated automatically? That would mean having external links of course. I'm a total beginner when it comes to web design but I'm guessing it would be possible to pull stories from other websites and to link to them? Billboard, the Official Charts etc - do they have a way that stories from the websites can be linked to on our homepage? Would it be possible to have the top 10 charts from the UK, US, Australia etc with a link to the chart website? I remember My Yahoo had something like this, I think there was an RSS feed to the UK iTunes chart which I had on My Yahoo homepage a few years back.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

by Tue April 23rd, 2019, 12:26

Maybe the homepage can display some latest charts (US & UK mainly) and music news, hot topics etc.
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...