Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 144th FSC (May 2019) - Hobart, Australia (RESULTS)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 06:46

Greetings from the UK everyone! We just visited Stonehenge yesterday. Thanks to everyone for getting in three results and congratulations to our winner!
    @Thriller @trebor @urbanmusik not sure how to change the thread title on mobile.

Legend
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 07:02

Congratulations to the winner! I didn't see this coming! Well-deserved nonetheless.
    Great top 5 (even though I strangely didn't give points to the winner, I loved the songs being ranked #2 to #5).

I thought that the UK would be a contender as well... And that Ukraine might have it in the bag. One of my favourite tunes of this year!

Greece was nice and lovely as well. I'm shocked it's thst low.

Thank you for voting for Moldova! Finishing #8 is incredible. I wasn't sure whether I should compete with a remix or not. Thanks!
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Legend
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 08:51

Congratulations to the winner! A very good song.
    I was scared I would get a nil points with my left-field Swedish entry this month, but I was saved.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Superstar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 09:48

Congrats to the winner!

And thanks for hosting as usual :-)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 12:01

Congrats to the winner. A deserved victory! I really loved the song from Iran, I got chills when the beat kicked in.

Thanks to everyone who voted for France
    Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 14:20

Congrats to the winner.

I thought I will be flopping so hard this time (when saw the 1st half of the voting pattern). But I was satisfied for making into top5 in the end this time around. Thank You for voting for Malaysia especially Franklex and Urbanmusik.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 16:18

#2 is great for Argentina. Received votes by everyone but 5 people :p Thanks y'all!

Deserved winner!

My 12 points (France) was incredibly low, but it wasn't just my top pick. Guess me and KindOf have some taste in common!

Shout out to Morocco... Couldn't vote it in this strong month but I would have for the strong message alone.

Random thought: United Kingdom's entry sounded like Loba (She Wolf) by Shakira

Legend
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 17:50

Congrats to the winner... great song and one of the few (if not the only) times that I was totally expecting it to win... although I was also thinking that the song at #5 could do it as well...

Well, well, well, I was honestly not expecting much for my song so ending up at #6 is a very pleasant surprise for me so thanks to all who voted for me but let me give big shouts to the three countries that gave me high points: UK/Iran/Canada.

As far as the other songs are concerned I have to say that I adored Greece's entry. I did not know that song from before and it was quite refreshing. Germany won me at the very very end so it took my 12p. Argentina and Ukraine were fun as usual, no need to comment there.

I saw Jack Savoretti in concert with Lissie just last week in Dublin but I have to admit that I went just for Lissie (who only did 5 songs in the end :( ). Savoretti was good but not really my cup of tea and the particular song cheapthrills entered is kinda dull. If he had entered "Candlelight" for example he would have done much much better, perhaps even winning.

Finally , trebor, wth was that? lol. I so wanted to vote for Morocco but I totally hated it, sorry lol lol

Superstar
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 19:50

Congrats @mondflug on winning this month. Great to see my 12 points went to the winner. It's a really strong song but whilst i'd heard of Dermot Kennedy, i'd not heard this track before. So a nice little discovery.

I suspect MARUV may well have been marked down because i was very much expecting Ukraine to win this. (still got my 10 points tho! )

Also thanks to you guys for the points given to Norway. For some reason i couldn't actually see whose votes belonged to who on that scorewiz link but 9th is very respectable in what i thought was a really strong month.

Big thanks to @cheapthrills for doing an amazing job with the hosting.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 21:49

Whoa!! I didn't see this coming!! It's been 3 years? since my last victory here, so you can guess how happy I am .

Thanks a big bunch to EVERYONE who voted for my entry. I'm glad you like it this much.

Legend
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)

by Wed May 29th, 2019, 22:06

Very happy to come 8th with a leftfield remix! Thanks to those who enjoyed Canada.

Well done Ireland, Dermot Kennedy is a good talent. Good too see Cameroon do well but a shame South Korea flopped!

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

by Sat June 1st, 2019, 10:27

iran was a clear winner for me. BY FAR THE BEST!
    I have to admint that winner was well deserved as well. very nice voice and song.
    A huuuuuge shoutout to my summer 2016 song from Moldova! Thank you Mainshow for bringing this back to my memory. My flat mate hates me a bit.
    I also want to give credit to Morocco which I did not expect to be so low. Really interesting sound

Legend
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

by Sat June 1st, 2019, 12:01

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantinosV View Post
    iran was a clear winner for me. BY FAR THE BEST!
    I have to admint that winner was well deserved as well. very nice voice and song.
    A huuuuuge shoutout to my summer 2016 song from Moldova! Thank you Mainshow for bringing this back to my memory. My flat mate hates me a bit.
    I also want to give credit to Morocco which I did not expect to be so low. Really interesting sound
    That's awesome! Thanks for voting for it. I'm surprised that you knew it before.. Was it a hit in Greece?
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

by Thu June 6th, 2019, 02:31

Quote Originally Posted by Mainshow View Post
    That's awesome! Thanks for voting for it. I'm surprised that you knew it before.. Was it a hit in Greece?
    Yeah... This kind of songs are always summer hits in Greece. Mainly in places that Europeans go to party allday all night with a lot of cheap alcohol, get wasted and fuck whoever they find. ;)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

by Sat June 8th, 2019, 14:28

A little late to reacting, but just wanted to say, it was more of a nail biter on the back end, and it wasn't until the last rush of votes came in that things really firmed up in the results. Ukraine was quite a bit ahead in the early votes, and for awhile it was really tight with Iceland. Argentina was helped a bit by the final votes as well I believe.

Just made the top half this month, but I did think people would embrace Jack more. @jio I wanted to use Candlelight (that was my intention when I tried to get the UK a few months ago), but at this point, I figured some people would have heard it, so I went with my 2nd favorite from his album.

Anyhow, I will update the history thread with these results in a couple days.