Thread: luckyONE's Decade-End Charts (2010-2019)

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by Wed May 1st, 2019, 20:06

What we gonna do right here in this thread is go back
    way back, back into time.
    2010 . 2011 . 2012 . 2013 . 2014 . 2015 . 2016 . 2017 . 2018 . 2019 .

I'm NOT AFRAID to open this thread this early. All I can say about this decade is: TE AMO.
    The 2010s is the current decade that began on January 1, 2010 and will end on December 31, 2019.
    Lots of things happened. I was DANCING ON MY OWN, pressed the REPLAY button a lot of times. Realized I am HUMAN and that I AM NOT A ROBOT. You might think BLAH BLAH BLAH, but I really became who I really am this decade.

A Decade-End Charts thread for a Decade that has yet to end so early? WHAT THE HELL , you might think. Well, I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH of music and my personal charts. Whilst I prefered playing VIDEO GAMES 10 years ago, music is my passion nowadays. Music is f**kin' perfect. And right here I want to thank everyone who has followed my personal charts thread in the last few years. I will never find SOMEONE LIKE YOU.
    Yes. In the next months, I will update this thread on a regular basis until December.

My personal charts started back in 2006. I have always been WIDE AWAKE when it came to my personal charts and it has always been important for me to TAKE CARE.
    Many times I realized that I am ADDICTED TO YOU, my charts. You can CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT.
    I started my personal charts in 2006. By the time it was 2010, I already had a Top 40 singles charts and a Top 10 albums chart.

My charts were here to STAY by the time I started posting here on UKmix. JUST GIVE ME A REASON why I should stop posting them.
    For the last ten years, I spent a lot of time for my personal charts. So WHAT NOW? In 2019, I can present my Decade-End charts. IT'S TIME.
    The first chart issue published on January 1, 2010.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the weekly charts for the chart issues 2010- January 2012. But luckily I have updated my word files for those specific weeks that I have saved on my computer.

THIS IS HOW WE DO...
    The last chart issue for this decade will be published on December 27, 2019.
    RIGHT HERE you will get the updates of the years 2010 - 2019.
    SAY SOMETHING if you like/dislike anything that I post here. I am HAPPY
    for every single post.

I will be posting throwbacks to my personal charts in the next few weeks. Actually, it will be throwbacks to the respective years from this decade.
    There won't be any BLANK SPACE. Music has always been REAL LOVE for me. I learned to SHAKE IT OFF if someone doesn't like anything that I like. Negative thoughts shouldn't be ON MY MIND.

There have been clear favorites for me. This is a SHOUT OUT TO 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018 and most likely 2019. HELLO there.
    My favorite three years were 2010, 2012 and 2017. But my favorite album was released in 2011.
    PIECE BY PIECE, I analyzed those years in music... I am so INTO YOU.

Many #1 songs ... many #1 albums ... some blockbusters in both charts that managed to stay on the charts for a very long time ..ME ENAMORE ... but which will be the #1 album of the decade? And which one will be the #1 song of the decade? Will an artist grab both #1s? Will other artists think ... WHAT ABOUT US? All I need is your ATTENTION.
    I am looking forward to your decade-ends charts as well... it's always nice to see what we have IN COMMON.

. . . are you READY FOR IT?
    I hope you DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE in this thread. ONLY YOU can make this PERFECT.

ALL I AM looking forward is starting my decade-ends charts. The actual decade-end charts will be posted once the last chart issue of 2019 is posted. Hope to have you HERE WITH ME. The countdown will probably start in January 2020. Until then, I just keep BREATHIN ...

index.
    throwback to 2010
    throwback to 2011
    throwback to 2012
    throwback to 2013
    throwback to 2014
    throwback to 2015
    throwback to 2016
    throwback to 2017
    throwback to 2018
    throwback to 2019

decade end charts
    top songs (top 500)
    top albums (top 250)
    top artists (top 300)
    Last edited by luckyONE; Sat May 11th, 2019 at 08:43.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Legend
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

by Fri May 3rd, 2019, 00:25

Epic opening post! I love it!

I'll certainly follow this. The 2010s were a solid decade, and I'm excited to work on my own decade-end wrap-up.
    Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?

Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [#1 Revealed!]

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by Sat May 11th, 2019, 08:43

Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan View Post
    Epic opening post! I love it!

I'll certainly follow this. The 2010s were a solid decade, and I'm excited to work on my own decade-end wrap-up.
    thanks a lot!
    I can say I really dig the 2010s. Maybe because it was the first full decade I really was into music. So many good memories. Waiting for certain releases on online forums, almost the entire night just to hear the song at like 4 o'clock in the morning Many important songs. Many new artists that I discovered.
    Cannot wait for the 2020s!

This here will start pretty soon with 2010.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by Thu May 30th, 2019, 19:15

2 0 1 0

Well, what can I say about the year 2010?
    I turned 16 in February that year and actually it was the first year I really was into discovering lots of new artists, well at least 'new' to me.

That year, I discovered one of my favorite artists of all time - [B]RIHANNA[/B

Crazy to think that I used to dislike her. That changed in 2010 when she performed 'Rude Boy' at a German award show (Echo Awards). I bought her 'Rated R' very soon after it - and well that is the beginning of a huge fan story.
    She delivered the entire year - in summer she had huge hits on my personal charts with 'Te Amo', 'Rockstar 101' and 'Love The Way You Lie'.
    In fall 2010 she also had hit after hit - 'Only Girl In The World', 'Who's That Chick', 'What's My Name',...
    Rihanna had the most #1 hits on my personal charts in 2010 - 'Rude Boy', 'Te Amo', 'Love The Way You Lie', 'ONly Girl In The World', 'Who's That Chick'. Two #1 albums as well - 'Rated R' and 'LOUD'. 'Rated R: Remixed' peaked at #2.

Another artist I really digged in 2010 was KATY PERRY

Yeah, 2010 is her peak in my books. She really delivered. And her 'Teenage Dream' era was huge on my charts. She hit #1 in 2010 with 'California Gurls' (which was also VERY high on the 2010 Year End Charts!).

We also saw quite a few artists debuting in 2010 on mainstream music...
    German ESC winner Lena, Marina & The Diamonds, Nicki Minaj, Ke$ha (she debuted for me in 2010),...

#1 hits in 2010
    Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
    Ke$ha - Tik Tok
    Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
    Rihanna - Rude Boy
    P!nk - Bad Influence
    Lena - Satellite
    Rihanna - Te Amo
    Eminem - Not Afraid
    Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
    Katy Perry - California Gurls (ft. Snoop Dogg)
    Eminem - Love The Way You Lie (ft. Eminem)
    Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
    P!nk - Raise Your Glass
    Rihanna - Who's That Chick
    Kelis - Brave
    Take That - The Flood

#1 albums in 2010
    Leona Lewis - Echo
    Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom
    Robbie Williams - Reality Killed The Video Star
    Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.
    Ke$ha - Animal
    P!nk - Funhouse
    Amy MacDonald - A Curious Thing
    Rihanna - Rated R
    Sade - Soldier Of Love
    Lena - My Cassette Player
    Kelis - Flesh Tone
    Christina Aguilera - Bionic
    Einem - Recovery
    Marina & The Diamonds - The Family Jewels
    Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
    B.o.B. - B.o.B. Presents: The Adventures Of Bobby Ray
    Robbie Williams - In And Out Of Consciousness: The Greatest Hits 1990-2010
    Taylor Swift - Speak Now
    James Blunt - Some Kind Of Trouble
    Rihanna - LOUD
    Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday
    P!nk - Greatest Hits... So Far!!!

So let's see...from 2010 on the DECADE TO DATE CHARTS we have...
    2 songs in the Top 20
    3 songs in the Top 30
    4 songs in the Top 40
    7 songs in the Top 80
    9 songs in the Top 90
    12 songs in the Top 100

Do I prefer 2011 to 2010? We'll see in my next 'throwback' post

by Thu May 30th, 2019, 20:00

That opening post is a MASTERPIECE! The way you seamlessly integrated that many different song titles into coherent sentences is beyond brilliant. It also helps that I recognize (and love) most of the tunes you mentioned <3 2010 was the first full calendar year of my chart (which started in October '09), so it holds a pretty special place in my heart too. I also genuinely enjoyed a lot of the Hot 100 No. 1's that year, and the turnover rate in general (especially during the fall, when it cycled through smashes like "Teenage Dream," "Just The Way You Are," "We R Who We R," "What's My Name," "Only Girl (In The World)," "Raise Your Glass," "Firework," and more).

I love that "Rude Boy" was the song that sold you on Rihanna! I'm still bitter that her team chose to completely skip over "Te Amo" in the States in favor of "Rockstar 101" The shade of only crediting Rihanna on "Who's That Chick" is duly noted Teenage Dream was such a magical era, and something we may never witness again, since album campaigns rarely seem to go 8 singles deep anymore (certainly not with all 8 being as consistently successful as that bunch).

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by Sun June 16th, 2019, 15:34

Quote Originally Posted by crystalphoenix View Post
    That opening post is a MASTERPIECE! The way you seamlessly integrated that many different song titles into coherent sentences is beyond brilliant. It also helps that I recognize (and love) most of the tunes you mentioned <3 2010 was the first full calendar year of my chart (which started in October '09), so it holds a pretty special place in my heart too. I also genuinely enjoyed a lot of the Hot 100 No. 1's that year, and the turnover rate in general (especially during the fall, when it cycled through smashes like "Teenage Dream," "Just The Way You Are," "We R Who We R," "What's My Name," "Only Girl (In The World)," "Raise Your Glass," "Firework," and more).
    Thank you so much!
    2010 was an amazing year in music. Maybe because I have a special connection to it. But it really had some amazing hits, some very good tunes and also many career-defining songs/albums/moments. Seeing the pop girls on top of the charts was so amazing when I think about it now.

I love that "Rude Boy" was the song that sold you on Rihanna! I'm still bitter that her team chose to completely skip over "Te Amo" in the States in favor of "Rockstar 101" The shade of only crediting Rihanna on "Who's That Chick" is duly noted Teenage Dream was such a magical era, and something we may never witness again, since album campaigns rarely seem to go 8 singles deep anymore (certainly not with all 8 being as consistently successful as that bunch).
    It must have been November or December 2009, I was sitting in my biology classes and two of my class mates talked about the 'new' Rihanna, she is doing ballads now. I heard 'Russian Roulette' on the radio before and kinda thought it was her but didn't believe it.
    You must know, I really disliked her (for no particular reason). But when I think about it, probably because I was a teenager that would defend their favs to death... well in 2008 I even thought Rihanna copies Madonna because she has a song called 'Take A Bow'.
    About three months later, she performed 'Rude Boy' on German television and although looking back, it's not that much of a great performance, I fell in love with the song that evening. Bought the 'Rated R' album very quickly after the performance and what can I say ... it's still one of her very best albums!
    It also helped a lot she was EVERYWHERE in 2010. Collaborating with Eminem on 'Love The Way You Lie', one of the defining songs of 2010, then putting out 'Only Girl In The World' and the entire 'LOUD' era was just so ICONIC. Especially that red hair look. You couldn't escape her. And I'm glad I couldn't, either. She's one of my favs to this day!

'Teenage Dream' is definitely an era where I can proudly say that I witnessed it. Definitely one of the most iconic eras of the 2010s decade, along with '21' by Adele and a few others!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

by Sat June 22nd, 2019, 20:42

2 0 1 1

After a VERY strong 2010, maybe I was expecting too much from 2011.
    At first sight, I wouldn't get disappointed. In January, a British singer named ADELE released a new album. I have heard of her before (she already topped my charts in 2007 and 2008) and I thought 'yeah why not checking out her new stuff'. Did I know that she would OWN 2011? Not only on the worldwide charts but also on my personal charts? NOP... So I bought the album's deluxe edition on its release day, only knowing the lead single 'ROLLING IN THE DEEP', which I really adored.
    That album though. THE BEST ALBUM OF THE DECADE, I still say that in 2019! It's no secret that ADELE owned my 2011!

And actually, that's it. I almost cannot say more about 2011 and that shows what I still think of this year, nowadays.
    I did enjoy a few more moments. Rihanna slaying with 'What's My Name', 'S&M' and 'We Found Love'.
    Marina And The Diamonds returning with 'Radioactive'.
    Lana Del Rey debuting on mainstream music scene with 'Video Games'.
    Jennifer Lopez getting international success with 'On The Floor'.

A few bops like 'PARTY ROCK ANTHEM', 'SEXY AND I KNOW IT', 'MOVES LIKE JAGGER'.

Overall, unfortunately a pretty weak year compared to my favorite years this decade (but there are 2 weaker years yet to come, actually!)

#1 hits in 2011
    Katy Perry - Firework
    Rihanna - What's My Name? (ft. Drake)
    Adele - Rolling In The Deep (5 weeks)
    P!nk - F**kin' Perfect
    Adele - Someone Like You (17 weeks)
    Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor (ft. Pitbull)
    Rihanna - Man Down
    Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
    Casper - So Perfect (ft. Marteria)
    Taylor Swift - The Story Of Us
    Marina & The Diamonds - Radioactive
    Rihanna - We Found Love (ft. Calvin Harris)
    Lana Del Rey - Video Games
    Jessie J - Who You Are
    Adele - Rumour Has It

#1 albums in 2011
    Rihanna - LOUD
    Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
    Adele - 21 (28 weeks!)
    Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby
    Taylor Swift - Speak Now
    Lena - Good Nows
    Take That - Progress(ed)
    Brooke Fraser - Flags
    Milow - North And South
    Casper - XOXO
    ZAZ - ZAZ
    Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
    Aura Dione - Before The Dinosaurs
    Drake - Take Care
    Rihanna - Talk That Talk
    Adele - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

The highlight of 2011 was ADELE performing my all time favorite song by her on my 17th birthday.

I mean...