Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1415

Thread: Madonna - Madame X Tour

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Fri September 20th, 2019, 22:59

Another great review

Madonna’s ‘Madame X’ Is a Political Spectacle and a Test of Fans’ Indulgence

https://variety.com/2019/music/revie...yn-1203343282/

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 02:54

I can't wait to see the tour next week. I'm also thinking of buying tickets for the last show in Chicago.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 07:53

The press is giving the Queen an unanimous consent

Madonna at War

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ctacle/598507/

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 10:26

5 star review from The Sun: press is stanning for The Queen !!

“ The rave reviews for Madonna’s Madame X Tour continue pouring in. Here is a review from The Sun, which rates the show 5 out of 5 stars. 🏆

————

Madonna: Madame X Tour, New York: Epic show gives fans an intimate encounter

★★★★★

SHE’S never been one to play by the rules.

And, in her Madame X theatre tour, Madonna took the book, tore it up and spat it out.

The tiny Brooklyn Academy of Music gave Madonna’s fans the most intense and intimate experience with their idol — and she gave them more than just a thrilling performance.

She offered the chance for pictures and gave the audience of 2,000 the opportunity to speak and interact with her throughout — something almost never done by superstars of her magnitude.

Her voice was impressive and on key throughout — shooting down any doubts which surfaced at Eurovision where she was let down by a technical failure.

Madonna seamlessly worked her way through 23 songs, including classics Vogue and Like A Prayer alongside a ream of her newer hits such as Medellin.

She danced, writhed and did a headstand in the two-hour, 15-minute performance and barely looked out of breath.

Madonna’s decision to ban phones also made the experience more personal and she revelled at being able to look into the audience’s eyes.

With her Madame X Tour, Madonna has redefined modern pop concerts as we know them and puts young superstars in the shade with her daring routines and incredible vocal range.

If anyone doubted whether Madonna still had it, I can safely say that she most definitely does. In spades.”

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 14:35

Amazing reviews! On the stage, Madonna is unique.

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 16:45

Where's that member on here who kept insisting it would be a short show, no visuals etc?

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 20:20

More low quality photos:

Crazy

Like a Prayer

Come Alive

Come Alive serving Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamboat realness

Manager
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 21:17

Omg she snapped on Instagram. A Queen.

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 21:27

Oh god, that grammar...

Manager
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 22:47

haha I like how we can be sure that it's definitely her typing that tweet tho lol

Superstar
    Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

by » Sat September 21st, 2019, 23:23

It's a spelling mistake (their instead of there), not grammar.
    Regarding to "honor", that's apparently the American way of spelling "honour" so, even though it looks bad, it's not wrong.
    I love how she finally spells "theatre" the European way though.

Last edited by X .; Sun September 22nd, 2019 at 01:34.

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 07:25

Quote Originally Posted by maroon View Post
    It's a spelling mistake (their instead of there), not grammar.
    Regarding to "honor", that's apparently the American way of spelling "honour" so, even though it looks bad, it's not wrong.
    I love how she finally spells "theatre" the European way though.
    Its not just that one "their." She also has commas and dashes where periods should be, and random capital letters. I feel like Americans spell "theatre" both ways. Honestly, as an english speaker I didnt even know "theatre" was the english way. I just thought it was spelt either way, like Gray or Grey.

Legend
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 11:21

Last night's show started at 11:15 pm because two dancers were injured

The show ended just before 2 am
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 11:49

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Last night's show started at 11:15 pm because two dancers were injured

The show ended just before 2 am
    This is so disrespectful to fans and audience in general... How is she getting away with this?

Legend
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 12:00

Quote Originally Posted by Westen View Post
    This is so disrespectful to fans and audience in general... How is she getting away with this?
    Apparently they warned the audience and allowed them to use their phones at the "phone area" in the theatre. Last night she may have an excuse but starting at 10:30 pm or later is indeed disrespectful. She gets away with this because fans won't stop buying tickets.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 12:18

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    Apparently they warned the audience and allowed them to use their phones at the "phone area" in the theatre. Last night she may have an excuse but starting at 10:30 pm or later is indeed disrespectful. She gets away with this because fans won't stop buying tickets.
    She needs to be booed every night to get it. She was booed in Prague because she started at 21:45 and it turns out in the end it was one of her earliest start that whole tour! It was torture to wait until then, I can't even imagine waiting even more.

She's performing in same venue for days in her hometown, there are no excuses for her to be this late. She's just rude on purpose.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 12:36

Another great 5 star review

Another glowing from review for the critically acclaimed Madame X Tour from The Times in the UK. They rate the show 5 Stars out of 5 Stars. The article online is behind a paywall so here is the text.

—————

Madonna review — intimate risk-taking, rapturously performed

Brooklyn Academy of Music, New York City

Ed Potton
    September 20 2019, 5:00pm, The Times

Madonna’s show was a blend of physical theatre, political sermon, club night and royal audience

★★★★★

Well, she’s still got it. Not just the musical chops, but the ability to surprise. Madonna’s show at the 3,000-capacity Brooklyn Academy of Music, which comes to London for 15 nights in January, is two hours of intimate risk-taking, rapturously performed.

A recurring theme was a quote from James Baldwin that “artists should disturb”, the words punched on to a screen by a woman at a typewriter. Madonna has always liked to see herself as an agitator, but that often gets lost in bigger shows. Here the 61-year-old could communicate directly with a vocal audience, who were all the more engaged for being parted from their phones, which were sealed in special pouches at the door.

A bonkers blend of physical theatre, political sermon, club night and royal audience, the show criss-crossed between pop, disco, ballet strings, Portuguese fado and drumming from Cape Verde. The Portuguese influence comes from Madonna’s new home in Lisbon, where she moved to support her son David, a footballer with one of Benfica’s youth teams. He wasn’t here, but Madonna’s six-year-old twins, Estere and Stelle, danced ebulliently in feather boas, and her eldest daughter, Lourdes, 22, writhed in a giant-sized video cleverly projected over her tiny mother during her performance of Frozen.

Madonna’s often criticised voice was characterful and versatile; authentically Latin on Extreme Occident, imperiously diva-like on Vogue. Dressed at first in sparkly tricorn hat, she looked obscenely fit, treating us to a handstand like a playground show-off.

You wonder if she had been inspired by Kate Bush’s London residency in 2014, the closest example of a big star choosing conceptual chutzpah and audience communion over bums on seats. Here we had nuns playing violins, a gospel choir on a transcendent Like a Prayer and a Portuguese bar filled with hot young things.

Most of the songs were from Madame X, Madonna’s recent album and most ambitious in years. She described the alter ego of the title as a secret agent, professor, nun and whore (“I see you agree with that one,” she said, with a giggle as the audience hollered). In playful mood, she took a sip from a fan’s beer, sold a Polaroid selfie for $1,000 and asked: “What do you call a man with a small penis? Did someone say Donald Trump?”

The political debate got more earnest, Madonna projecting Me Too vulnerability as trench-coated journalists poked a camera up her skirt and mock-jammed her microphone down her throat. Later she addressed abortion rights by adapting a line from Papa Don’t Preach: “Are you OK if I decide not to keep my baby?” Yet, fabulously, she still reserves the right to make such pronouncements while dressed in purple hotpants.

London Palladium, January 26 to February 15, 2020

Legend
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 13:11

Quote Originally Posted by Westen View Post
    She needs to be booed every night to get it. She was booed in Prague because she started at 21:45 and it turns out in the end it was one of her earliest start that whole tour! It was torture to wait until then, I can't even imagine waiting even more.

She's performing in same venue for days in her hometown, there are no excuses for her to be this late. She's just rude on purpose.
    Yes and she knows she can get away with it. There's nothing we can do but to accept this.
    Cha Cha Instructor

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 13:43

If she just put 10:30 on the tickets that it wouldnt be a problem, but they continue to put 8:30. The only thing that sucks is a lot of people are traveling for these shows and when you end at 1am the night is practically over. You can still go out afterward but a lot of people are leaving the clubs/tired at that point.

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 17:09

I had a car.
    I was at her Brisbane RH show night 2.
    She ended at 1am. I got home at 4am

Roadie
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 17:58

I'm glad to hear she's bringing the goods vocally. She was very on point when I saw her at the Rebel Heart tour; was expecting tons of playback but was her voice was clear and silky.
    The sands of time fade into dark
    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
    A message to madness
    Feel music that's realness

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 20:01

The press is fell in love for this show.

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 20:03

What's the reason for her to be that late every night????
    Does she like to be crazy and bitchy to fans???
    Or is she lazy???or kabbalah??? Something going on which we dont know???
    Or what??

She apologised and said she wont do it again. But we all know it's a big lie.
    She is not moving any foot to other cities. This is not acceptable.
    Last edited by autumnwind; Sun September 22nd, 2019 at 20:27.

by » Sun September 22nd, 2019, 20:10

She probably has the nervous shits.