Thread: Madonna - Madame X Tour

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

by Today, 13:14

Quote Originally Posted by X . View Post
    WARNING:

Her “knee” will be bothering the next dates:

Oct 27, Oct 28, Nov 17, Nov 24, Nov 25, Dec 2, Dec 10, Dec 21, Dec 22, and some London dates.

You’ll see.
    Why do you say this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Today, 14:05

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    If so many dates will be cancelled, it'll be awful for the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by music126 View Post
    Why do you say this?
    I'm guessing those are the dates with the most tickets available. I remember seeing Oct 27th I believe and it was indeed shocking.

That said, there's no reason to cancel this many dates. Cancelling one, maybe 2 per city if sales are really bad.

Madonna needs to go on Jimmy Fallon or something on her day off to let people know she's on tour, but I guess she isn't terribly bothered. It's weird, really.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

by Today, 14:14

She's making millions with those hardcore fans who are going to multiple shows... Same people front row over and over again. Maybe that's why she doesn't bother to promote? I don't understand why those fans are not angrier... This is beyond disrespectful. And what a complete turn off for casual pop fans who might be interested in seeing her live... first the humongous ticket prices, now this? This whole era keeps getting stranger and stranger... Madonna refuses to be held accountable for anything. Disappointed.
    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Today, 14:23

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    If so many dates will be cancelled, it'll be awful for the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    She's making millions with those hardcore fans who are going to multiple shows... Same people front row over and over again. Maybe that's why she doesn't bother to promote? I don't understand why those fans are not angrier... This is beyond disrespectful. And what a complete turn off for casual pop fans who might be interested in seeing her live... first the humongous ticket prices, now this? This whole era keeps getting stranger and stranger... Madonna refuses to be held accountable for anything. Disappointed.
    I remember her talking about how Guy Oseary kept giving her a hard time about being late every night and she almost seemed to think it was funny. Hardcore fans might be willing to put up with that, but more casual fans were bound to be pissed off, and this is the result. And if she now gets a reputation for cancelling dates and drastically reducing prices close to the show, it's only going to be worse next time.

It's so frustrating because she has an amazing album and every single review for the tour has been glowing with praise. This era should be going more smoothly.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

by Today, 14:26

If she needed the money she'd be more into it. I feel like she does it because she still likes to perform, only somewhere down the road she lost the perception that she's there to perform for fans it seems. Shame. Hopefully my trip to Paris won't be in vain
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Superstar
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)