Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,726 to 1,745 of 1745

Thread: Madonna - Madame X Tour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 11:05

But usually all the Broadway shows have alternate casts for their matinees performances. It's not the main cast performing 8 times (or more) per week.
    And they definitely don't have just one performer to sing for two hours, there are lots of different singers in each show, and on Madame X Tour is just Madonna doing the singing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 17:50

no boxscores this week either btw

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 18:20

Quote Originally Posted by AndiIversen View Post
    Maybe they re waiting the USA leg to end and than report it all

Roadie
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 19:15

Quote Originally Posted by AndiIversen View Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 19:34

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
    So their week is 8 days long?
    Yes, we do it 8 shows a week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 19:36

Quote Originally Posted by locoporti View Post
    But usually all the Broadway shows have alternate casts for their matinees performances. It's not the main cast performing 8 times (or more) per week.
    And they definitely don't have just one performer to sing for two hours, there are lots of different singers in each show, and on Madame X Tour is just Madonna doing the singing.
    No, you have understudies and swings if somebody is off sick or on holiday, performers (unless a big star doing a vocally demanding role) they do 8 shows. And no, some might not be on all the time but the leads and ensemble normally are. And trust me, I love M, but theatre casts do WAY more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

by Tue December 3rd, 2019, 20:44

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMancs View Post
    To be fair, theatre performers do 8 shows a week, every week of the year.
    She isn't part of a theatrical play
    Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
    Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by Wed December 4th, 2019, 03:10

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMancs View Post
    No, you have understudies and swings if somebody is off sick or on holiday, performers (unless a big star doing a vocally demanding role) they do 8 shows. And no, some might not be on all the time but the leads and ensemble normally are. And trust me, I love M, but theatre casts do WAY more.
    How many of those are 61 btw?

Can we stop comparing apples and oranges?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by Wed December 4th, 2019, 16:36

Many are 61, and Jesus, I'm just giving you some facts.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 09:37

It's interesting to watch her healing process on her IG

Manager
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 10:52

I’ve been Madonna’s fan since I was a kid. Solid 20 years. And I’ve supported all eras, been so excited. This is the first era where I didn’t quite get overhyped. And let’s be real, “Madame X” is far superior than “MDNA”, yet in 2012 it all looked more glamorous, bigger and most importantly - more promissing.

My major dilemma is - are the small shows really going to become her thing? She will need a strong album next time to pull the crowd for these prices. And it’s not like things are going smooth this time as well.

Idk, as we are approaching that album #15 and she wrapping up her tour at the age of almost 62, I’d rather see her do a really good album and do a Greatest hits stadium tour while she still can. If she can that is. Other than that my second wish would be playing way more ballads from her catalogue during the small venue shows.

My guts is telling me she’s not going to do any of those two, and for the first time in my life, with her not having a contract, no charting single in sight, losing UK as a market, questionable health condition, what can we objectively expect?

We all know her ego will not allow her to have albums that are missing top 10, unsold concerts or lack of presence
    in media. Maybe a new management should really enter the scene and start preparing her for her final act that is inevitably going to happen within next 8-9 years.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 12:04

I don't think she'll do a farewell stadium tour, shows like Madame X will be all we get. She's 61 and struggling with this tour, by the time her next tour comes, she'll be at least 64-65, i don't think she can cope with a stadium tour at that age.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 13:44

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy View Post
    I don't think she'll do a farewell stadium tour, shows like Madame X will be all we get. She's 61 and struggling with this tour, by the time her next tour comes, she'll be at least 64-65, i don't think she can cope with a stadium tour at that age.
    How is she struggling with it?

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 15:02

Quote Originally Posted by Angeman View Post
    How is she struggling with it?
    So many cancelled dates. I'm sure more to come in London and Paris.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 15:28

So many cancelled dates. I'm sure more to come in London and Paris.
    Right but I asked how that equates to her struggling? Im not seeing how shes struggling besides a knee injury. That happened during rehearsals and can happen to anyone at any age. Unless now shes messed her knees up for good she could be fine for the next tour.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 16:18

This is really unfair. Unfortunately, her knee is giving her a lot of trouble, yes, but could happen to anyone. My guess is that she hasn’t been as active as she used to be since she’s been a “soccer mum”. Also, this tour has suffered from really BAD management. However, the majority (press and attendees!) have agreed the show is spectacular.

Cher is well over 70 and touring. Why can’t M?
    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Legend
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 17:35

after all is said and done I hope we'll get a bluray or somethin' ; I was supposed to see this show in Chi-town

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 17:45

Quote Originally Posted by Angeman View Post
    Right but I asked how that equates to her struggling? Im not seeing how shes struggling besides a knee injury. That happened during rehearsals and can happen to anyone at any age. Unless now shes messed her knees up for good she could be fine for the next tour.
    Well due to health issues and bad logistics (3 back to back shows) she's struggling. I don't know if her knee was this bad prior to this tour, if it was, she should've taken care of it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

by Fri December 6th, 2019, 17:51

Quote Originally Posted by madfan13 View Post
    This is really unfair. Unfortunately, her knee is giving her a lot of trouble, yes, but could happen to anyone. My guess is that she hasn’t been as active as she used to be since she’s been a “soccer mum”. Also, this tour has suffered from really BAD management. However, the majority (press and attendees!) have agreed the show is spectacular.

Cher is well over 70 and touring. Why can’t M?
    Nobody says she can't tour, she can do theatres but not stadiums, not with the current state of her health. Clearly she is in a lot of pain, maybe she'll think "it's not worth it" and will stop touring once her contract ends. Also for a stadium show, she needs a heavily choreographed show, people expect a spectacle from Madonna, nothing less.

Manager
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

by Yesterday, 22:39

Philadelphia, Madame X is ready!