Thread: Changes to the moderation team

Legend
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 16:03

The administrators would like to announce some changes to the moderation team, as two members of the team have elected to step down from their positions.

After over 14 years in his position, FreakyFlyBry has decided to step down as a moderator - in his own words, he isn't as active as he used to be and he feels the time is now right for him to step aside. Bry was first promoted to Moderator in February 2005 with responsibility for the following sections: Mad About Music, Personal Charts and Soul/R&B/Hip-Hop. After roughly 4 years in a forum moderator position, and following an exit from the moderation team (with Plym stepping down), Bry was appointed as a Global Moderator in March 2009 - a position he would hold for a little less than 3 years when he was finally promoted into the lofty position of Administrator. He would hold this position for over 4 years until in 2017 he requested to step back down into a Moderator position. Bry's contributions to UKMIX over the years have been immense, most notably in our Survivors forum where he has been the custodian and designated "man in charge" for many years (supported in recent years by Thriller and biscuits).

After almost 9 years in his position, Benjamin has decided to step down as a moderator. Benjamin was promoted to moderator in September 2010, initially looking after R&B & Urban and General Artists Discussion but over the years, he has also assumed responsibility for other forums (including Pop, Dance, Rock & Alternative and the Country forum, as well as our Celebrity Gossip forum). He has been one of the driving forces behind the continued popularity of our music discussion forums, creating countless new topics over the years and evidenced by his enduring popularity in the UKMIX Hot 100 Hosts Chart and I hope he continues to post at UKMIX for many more years to come.

I would like to thank both posters for their contributions to UKMIX over the years in their positions within the moderation team - there are currently no plans to appoint any new moderators.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 16:13

I would gladly take the responsibility and become a mod to fill in one of these 2 positions
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Legend
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 16:49

Thank you for the kind words Wayne. I’m definitely not leaving UKMix and I will continue to post here. I’m just a more busy than I used to be and therefor I spend less time on the forums. UKMix is my home on the internet and therefor I will always come back to this place.

Legend
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 17:07

Sorry to see you both step down! Thanks for your brilliant contributions.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 18:35

Sorry to see both posters stepping down but a big thanks to both for all you've contributed to UKMix over the years.

Legend
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 19:49

Thank you for your contributions to both of you, you did a good job!

Legend
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)

by Sat May 4th, 2019, 23:42

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Sorry to see you both step down! Thanks for your brilliant contributions.
    You have the luxury of choosing loneliness. For some people, its not an option.

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

by Sun May 5th, 2019, 06:58

Thanks everyone - and thanks for having me as a moderator all this time. It truly was an honour to serve the UKMIX moderation team for 14 years, and I wish the remaining staff the best in keeping UKMIX strong.

by Sat May 11th, 2019, 10:26

Two brilliant guys. Ben - you were the life and soul of Soul/R&B/Hip-Hop back in the day, and have been a huge asset to the moderation team. Bry - where to begin? Again a huge asset to the moderation team, and the site as a whole as administrator, huge thanks for all you've done.

by Sat May 11th, 2019, 11:22

Thank you both for your immense contribution to the moderation team.