Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Music Friday UKMIX

Roadie
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Sat July 20th, 2019, 12:41

New song from legendary Lithuanian girl group.

Man-Go - Tiketi Meile

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Thu August 8th, 2019, 16:33

I've gotten behind with this, so here are four New Music Friday playlists to cover the last month.

Week one features a sorely overlooked collaboration from Oscar Scheller and Lily Allen on the cover, alongside a new track from UK T&B girl group 303, highlights from the BANKS album & Blood Orange mixtape, and terrible remixes from Billie Eilish/Justin Bieber and Lil Nas X/Young Thug & co.

Week two features Beyoncé on the cover and a number of highlights from The Gift, an album the star curated to accompany the new Lion King film. There's also quality singles from Charli XCX/Christine, King Princess, Sinead Harnett/Galant, Sam Smith, Hayley Kiyoko & more.

Week three features Burna Boy on the cover due to the release of his African Giant album. New tracks from DIIV, Rico Nasty, Denzel Curry, Mabel, Bat for Lashes, Taylor Swift, Alessia Cara & more are also dotted throughout the playlist.

Week four celebrates the release of Mabel's debut album High Expectations, which you can discuss in the album's topic here. Aside from our UK cover star, tracks from Drake's new compilation, Clairo's debut album and new singles from Ariana Grande/Social House, RAYE, Tove Lo/ALMA, Cassie, HAIM, BROCKHAMPTON, Snoh Aalegra, Kojey Radical, Little Boots & more also feature in the playlist.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

by » Fri August 16th, 2019, 10:58

Nicole - 50 ist das neue 25

New song from Eurovision winner.

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Legend
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Thu August 22nd, 2019, 13:19

Here's another couple of updates on what new music is out.

Resident hot girl Megan Thee Stallion leads the charge on the cover, with other hot songs featuring courtesy of DRAM & co, SiR/Kendrick, BROCKHAMPTON, Kara Marni, Ella Eyre, YEBBA, Kacy Hill, Nasty Cherry, Cashmere Cat, Tei Shi, Bat for Lashes, cupcakke and more. There's also a new track from an artist called Randay as suggested by @SimpleBoy, and a double dose of Lana Del Rey (and the now controversial [and boring] Katy Perry).

The UK girls are doing it big with summer anthems courtesy of RAY BLK and Jorja Smith with a little help from Burna Boy. Charli XCX is also manages to bring Sky Ferreira out of retirement, while Tkay Maidza gets the incredible JPEGMAFIA (who also has a new track on the playlist) on her new single. BROCKHAMPTON are at it again (BOY BYE is a major bop), while Gorgon City teams up with MK and Disciples release a more pop leaning dance track with rising UK star Eyelar. There's also a new one from Miley Cyrus in this playlist, and a great new single from 88 Rising's NIKI. However, Normani gets the banner with her breakout solo single Motivation, and Snoh Aalegra gets some shine with three new tracks from her sophomore album - Ugh, those feels again.

Roadie
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Legend
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)

by » Sun September 1st, 2019, 14:22

This is quite a bizarre song for Clean Bandit to be involved in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by » Tue September 3rd, 2019, 20:13

How do I post in the forum? I'm new here

Legend
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Thu September 5th, 2019, 12:59

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    This is quite a bizarre song for Clean Bandit to be involved in
    I'm not used to hearing them on something European. I wonder what their involvement in the track consisted of.

Quote Originally Posted by isamanttha View Post
    How do I post in the forum? I'm new here
    You have posted in the forum....if it's Spotify embedding you're wondering about there's a guide here.

Legend
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Thu September 5th, 2019, 14:04

Here's another couple of updates on what new music is out.

BROCKHAMPTON get the cover photo with their new album GINGER. There's also some strong new singles from Mura Masa/Clairo, Vince Staples, Lana Del Rey, The 1975, KYLE/Teyana Taylor, Kindness, Poppy, Mr Eazi and more. Two tracks from Missy Elliott's comeback EP also feature, alongside a Charli XCX song for the 13 Reasons Why soundtrack and a slew of tracks off Taylor Swift's Lover.

Lana Del Rey gets this weeks cover photo with album tracks from her critically acclaimed fifth LP Norman Fucking Rockwell. However she's not the only artist with an new album out, as Inglewood based R&B artist SiR has a number of tracks from his third album Chasing Summer featured in the playlist. There's also new abstract singles from Charli XCX/HAIM and A. G. Cook, alongside two new singles from Pusha T (who got Lauryn actual Hill on one of them) and a massive banger from Jax Jones/Tove Lo. UKMIX member @Rawiri James releases his second single Trip the Alarm (a 2004-esque R&B banger), while fellow Kiwi Natasha Bedingfield returns with a new track and a new album.

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 15:47

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Omg listening and saw @Rawiri James name come up! Will definitely give this a listen.
    Hella late to the party as usual, but what'd you think?
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Legend
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 15:49

And big ups @urbanmusik for including Trip onto the playlist!!
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Legend
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

by » Wed September 18th, 2019, 23:42

Updated the playlists with the last two weeks worth of new music, but fell asleep before I could post it oop.

Camila Camello wasn't quite able to light the charts up with her new singles after getting her friend Shawn Mendes to help her with a unique promo strategy, but she did manage to get the cover photo on a UKMIX New Music Friday playlist, so there's that I guess.

Alongside the new new singles from Camila, we also have other singles from Sam Fender, Danny Brown, Stormzy, Lily Allen signee Celeste, big female team ups from Mahalia/Ella Mai and Kylie Minogue, and the return of Ella Henderson with a little help from Jax Jones (Grimes also decided to grace us with her presence).

Yaeji is working extra hard this week, not only managing to join Clairo on a Charli XCX track, but also delivering an interesting remix of Robyn's Beach. Speaking of Robyn, she features on a new Kindness track, after previously providing uncredited vocals on one of his singles (The Kindness album is out and it's great by the way).

British R&B artist Mahalia also has some more tracks from her incredible debut album on the playlist, while there are tonnes of tracks from all genres featured in this 79 track set, so give some of them a try.

The most recent playlist is about all things Charli; a number of tracks from the left-field pop innovator are scattered throughout this 82 track set, with solo cuts sitting alongside features from the likes of CupcakKe, Big Freedia, Kim Petras, Troye Sivan, Tommy Cash, Pabblo Vittar & more. You can discuss the record with everyone in the album thread.

Charli XCX isn't the only one with a new LP this week. Cuts from new releases from JPEGMAFIA, Sam Fender, Emeli Sandé and more are featured in this weeks playlist, alongside a number of songs from the Drake curated project released to accompany Netflix's relaunch of the cult Channel 4 tv show Top Boy.

After returning from a long hiatus with a Jax Jones collaboration last week, Ella Henderson finally strikes out on her own again with new single Glorious. We've also got new singles from the likes of Halsey, Rex Orange Country, Cosima, Nina Nesbitt, Kero Kero Bonito, & Kojey Radical, while Karen Harding/Wh0, Riton/Oliver Heldens and Sub Focus/Wilkinson all delivered big dance team ups this week.

There's also big team ups from FKA twigs/Future, Black Coffee/Usher, Major Lazer/El Alfa/J Balvin, Fall Out Boy/Wyclef, and of course the new Charlie's Angel theme song which sees Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Rey helping out Ariana Grande.